AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 10:03   Link #6801
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
well, i know it's a crazy idea, but have you ever tryed to read the posts of this same thread from the start?
i did it when it was only around 45 pages(or a bit more, don't remember), now it would be too much and unbearable, but doing so you'll have the exact idea of what the atmosphere was at that time
in my opinion it wasn't that totally annoying, but sure it was, more than being only annoying it also lasted for quite a long time, so it was like a gentle mantra of haters singing the arrival of the doom
I see, I was commenting mainly because it was getting kind of myopic imo (alright, we get that a lot of people hated the series).
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 10:23   Link #6802
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
This weeks chapter made me realize Medaka really thinks nothing of zenichi , well she said she need him in the beginning but she said that to everyone so zenkichi isnt special abaut that , what mades zenkichi special is that medaka takes his help for granted and once she doesnt need him she just throw him away.
Not really, much like romantic situations of this sort go, one side of the relationship doesn't see the other as a potential partner. It's not that she's looking down on him, but it's more like she can't even imagine him in that way. The way it's being set up for Zenkichi is for him to make her "look" at him in such a way, as the romantic cliches go. She still needs Zenkichi, just not romantically. It was mentioned a while ago, that neither Zenkichi or Medaka were all too romantic or that they were "beyond" love. Until recently of course, when Zenkichi had to really look at himself and his motivation for doing things. I imagine a similar revelation for Medaka should everything come to pass.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 10:28   Link #6803
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

For 3 new characters, I hope they will be really strong, not to be beaten easily like a few characters who become like butt-monkeys.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 11:08   Link #6804
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
For 3 new characters, I hope they will be really strong, not to be beaten easily like a few characters who become like butt-monkeys.
Considering Saki's ability, I doubt she'll be beaten that easily. Since she can control people, this should amount to something interesting. Of course, at the moment, we aren't sure of what her role or her friends' roles are.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:28   Link #6805
summers

They probably all work for Kumugawa. Its gonna be funny as hell, and Idol,voice actor and musician, they are going to be famous, everyone in the school will know them and then the rush Kumugawa, their boss. The Troll be getting all the ladies!
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:32   Link #6806
[HearT]

I'm actually hoping they won't be working for Kumagawa, we need more enemies in this series, Not just Ajimu. I think it'll actually be fun if those three bring the school to hell after it finally became peaceful♥
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:35   Link #6807
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
They probably all work for Kumugawa. Its gonna be funny as hell, and Idol,voice actor and musician, they are going to be famous, everyone in the school will know them and then the rush Kumugawa, their boss. The Troll be getting all the ladies!
I don't think so since the "battle" between Saki and Kumagawa ended in a draw, and she's a person who likes to be in control at all times.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:46   Link #6808
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

who is Saki?
Old 2012-02-03, 13:51   Link #6809
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who is Saki?
Saki Sukinasaki is the girl with the creepy teeth and beret at the end, she appeared in "Good Loser Kumagawa"
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:52   Link #6810
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Just wondering, what was the attitude of haters towards this manga? It seems almost every other comment from people in regards to the anime is "Take that, haters!". Was it that annoying?
You will understand when you read the early posts in the Medakabox forums, like here and at mangafox. Very annoying considering that they kept reading the manga that they claimed was so horrible that it would be cancelled. They were trolling.
Old 2012-02-03, 13:53   Link #6811
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd View Post
I don't think so since the "battle" between Saki and Kumagawa ended in a draw, and she's a person who likes to be in control at all times.
She did support him for Student council though, so if she doesn't work for him, she could work with him.
Old 2012-02-03, 13:56   Link #6812
Odd

Quote:
who is Saki?
Sukinasaki Saki. The girl who wears a mask and appeared in the Jump Next side story, Good Loser Kumagawa. Her power is controlling other skills, known as "error message plate".

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
She did support him for Student council though, so if she doesn't work for him, she could work with him.
I do understand she could work with him, but I just don't see that happening because of many different factors i.e. Medaka, he's working under Tachirai, etc.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 14:14   Link #6813
kingstonbeer

Hmmm anyone else thinking that Zen's unknown skill gonna be as broken as hell everytime a new ability is introduced?

Look at Saki's control skill seems damn formidable.
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 14:52   Link #6814
Shadow5YA

Wait, idol? Saki is an idol now?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 15:59   Link #6815
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Off Topic:

What is it Nishio and geniuses? I know Nishio is idea based and his characters tend be larger than life but why does he like geniuses so much?
Old 2012-02-03, 19:00   Link #6816
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Off Topic:

What is it Nishio and geniuses? I know Nishio is idea based and his characters tend be larger than life but why does he like geniuses so much?
He probably relates to geniuses better. That or they are just easier for him to write about. I wouldn't be surprised if both happened to be factors.
Old 2012-02-03, 19:13   Link #6817
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Off Topic:

Probably just his personal taste.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 20:04   Link #6818
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Well that just means medaka and zenkichi arent meant for each other , i am rooting for zenkichi and ajimu .
Nah, I want a ZenXNaze :3
Old 2012-02-03, 20:08   Link #6819
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Off Topic:

Does Nisio writes genius alot? of his other 2 works Katangari and Montagari that i have neither focus on genius.

The normal Shounan Jump creed is normal people can beat genius if they work hard enough. With Medaka Box i think Nisio is going with "no matter how hard normal people work, they can't beat a genius who work just as hard."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 132:
not the author but Aijmu who wants to succeed by turning Medaka Box into a crappy romance series and thus ending the manga.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-02-03 at 22:05.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:52   Link #6820
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Does Nisio writes genius alot? of his other 2 works Katangari and Montagari that i have neither focus on genius.

The normal Shounan Jump creed is normal people can beat genius if they work hard enough. With Medaka Box i think Nisio is going with "no matter how hard normal people work, they can't beat a genius who work just as hard."

I guess that makes sense but even Nishio's "normal" characters tend to have weird quirks to them and what makes it awesome is that you like it. It is also probably a take that at the idea that hard work can overcome genius. That is not to say that genius is sole thing you need in life to succeed but you need hard work to keep you there. Subverting the hard work beats genius thing seems to be what Nishio is doing now.

Quote:
not the author but well Aijmu succed in turning Medaka Box into a crappy romance series and thus ending the manga
I am not into romance but I hope Ajimu doesn't end it as a shitty romance manga.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council