Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 15:03   Link #2061
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

>_>
<_<

Well... No KugiRie character left... ... How nice... And a full Saki last matches... How nice...

While I don't particularly care about Saimoe since I can't vote anymore, and while I'm a Saki fan, I'm not sure I want Nodoka to win again. Then again, looking at the other three, I'm afraid I'd have voted for her in the end. I doubt they'll give her a second championship though.
Old 2012-10-30, 15:54   Link #2062
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
>_>
<_<

Well... No KugiRie character left... ... How nice... And a full Saki last matches... How nice...

While I don't particularly care about Saimoe since I can't vote anymore, and while I'm a Saki fan, I'm not sure I want Nodoka to win again. Then again, looking at the other three, I'm afraid I'd have voted for her in the end. I doubt they'll give her a second championship though.

Uh. Nodoka was never Saimoe champion.
Old 2012-10-30, 16:14   Link #2063
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Uh. Nodoka was never Saimoe champion.
... That's what I get for dropping by only once a year now... I was pretty sure she won a Saimoe... Well, all the better then
Old 2012-10-30, 16:26   Link #2064
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
... That's what I get for dropping by only once a year now... I was pretty sure she won a Saimoe... Well, all the better then
well she could set the record in bust size for Saimoe champions.
Old 2012-10-30, 16:37   Link #2065
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Over even Mami from last year.
Old 2012-10-30, 17:34   Link #2066
Hachiko
The Akita

Nodoka might be getting help from those Kuro fans. Achiga Elementary roots, coming into play.
Old 2012-10-30, 18:42   Link #2067
hinakatbklyn

Maybe Nodoka wasn't Anime Saimoe champion, but she tied Ika for Manga Saimoe champion last year. (Although they have even less votes)

As for AST, Kuro might have a better chance against Nodoka, but if Nodoka wins against Toki, she might also win against Kuro (since she did beat an equally strong Ako in the block finals)
Old 2012-10-30, 18:56   Link #2068
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for Ride on the Wave!:

Aspirations? Yeah, we got them. Nodoka's extended her lead on the tracker by a cool 10 votes.

Spoiler for Right Now!:

Last edited by Hachiko; 2012-10-30 at 20:08.
Old 2012-10-30, 20:23   Link #2069
stormtrooper

I hope Nodoka does beat Toki. It's a tall order but I think she might be able to pull this off.
Old 2012-10-30, 20:36   Link #2070
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

If anything, I think she's the most likely of the three to be able do the deed. She is the ace of the old guard, after all.
Old 2012-10-30, 20:49   Link #2071
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
I hope Nodoka does beat Toki. It's a tall order but I think she might be able to pull this off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
If anything, I think she's the most likely of the three to be able do the deed. She is the ace of the old guard, after all.

Spoiler:

Well...the possibility is there for Nodoka to pull off the upset of this tournament in a little over 12 hours.
Old 2012-10-30, 23:17   Link #2072
RJ TAYLER

Well Nodoka is sort of 'the pair' to EAK MacDowell, in stumbling just as things start to heat up in the tournament. If she bucks this trend it would set a 'longest time between grand final appearances' for her VA (2004 to 2012) in any case.
Old 2012-10-31, 00:55   Link #2073
Hachiko
The Akita

The final table.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-31, 03:06   Link #2074
Wanderer
Goat

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (7-9), Predictions (13-3)
Round 4: Picks (4-4), Predictions (6-2)
Q Finals: Picks (2-2), Predictions (4-0)
S Finals: Picks (0-0), Predictions (0-0)

Toki Onjouji @ Saki: <<園城寺怜@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Nodoka Haramura @ Saki: <<原村和@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Wait... are you saying that Nodoka sucks at mahjong?
Well, kindasorta. She never does anything in mahjong that really convinced me she was a superior player. The show just said she was, over and over again. But just playing it by the odds shouldn't get you anywhere in a world of superpowered -Saki- characters.

I love that you referenced Umineko, but it's a different animal, since the whole premise of Umineko is a debate about whether magic exists. In -Saki-, magic clearly does exist, and Nodoka is simply being foolish by denying it.

But I mostly think Nodoka "sucks" as a character. Her trademark is that she doesn't think about her opponents. Notice how in her matches she's never treated as a protagonist? They never bother to show the audience any of her inner thoughts while she's playing... because they're not worth showing.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. I like my girls to have spirit, and I find Nodoka pretty flat in that regard (in stark contrast to her appearance , which I have no complaints about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
What does ability in Mahjong have anything to do with Sa(k)imoe 2012 anyway?

This is Sa(k)imoe not Mahjong. Kuro's crying face is more moe than Hisa and Nodoka!!
It's not so much how good they are as it's their style. Personality matters, and mahjong is the primary way it's expressed in -Saki-. By the way, my number 2 -Saki- character is Kirame, even though she sucks at mahjong.

I really wanted to like Kuro (I liked her design and I love Kana Hanazawa), but I couldn't in the end. She disappointed me. Well, to an extent at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
The final table.

Spoiler:
Cool.

Kuro seems to be getting Ron'ed by Toki as she's starring at Nodoka's chest and blushing. Hmm......

And they're all so relaxed. It's like just another game in the club room.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:19   Link #2075
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Well, kindasorta. She never does anything in mahjong that really convinced me she was a superior player. The show just said she was, over and over again. But just playing it by the odds shouldn't get you anywhere in a world of superpowered -Saki- characters.
Which always made me wonder: If her gameplay is rather ordinary, how the hell did she win the middle school championship? Even at that age, there exists some demon players at the mahjong.

In any case, this Nodoka vs Toki match: this is the championship right here.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:34   Link #2076
JW1

It's possible Saki fans will choose Nodoka, of course, but right now those graphs remind me of a certain protagonist and of another character with pink hair.
Old 2012-10-31, 04:53   Link #2077
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
It's possible Saki fans will choose Nodoka, of course, but right now those graphs remind me of a certain protagonist and of another character with pink hair.
The Tease. The Tease, I say! And I can't see the other one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post

Kuro seems to be getting Ron'ed by Toki as she's starring at Nodoka's chest and blushing. Hmm......

And they're all so relaxed. It's like just another game in the club room.
The Baby Jesus has recovered, a post-Inter High friendly at the Tokyo American Club in Tokyo, perhaps?

Spoiler for SF2 preview:

Turn on your TV, 2channel World is on.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hachiko; 2012-10-31 at 08:28.
Old 2012-10-31, 08:50   Link #2078
RJ TAYLER

Thank you lads out there. You have been doing a splendid job with the live feed this tournament. Girls if you could make it to those special seats to await the verdict from Japan. Well tonight live from the venue of the Judo competition of the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and a scene of so many great live concerts throughout Asia, The Budokan Arena, we are on tenterhooks as we await the announcement of who will fight it out for the final, and here to make the announcement the aforementioned Taiga Aisaka.

"Well I have been real busy this year and I just like to say I have enjoyed reacquainting myself with my 2009 adversary Yui Hirasawa, who has joined us tonight along with her band Ho-kago Tea Time who have been doing a wonderful job of entertaining us tonight. Playing all the theme songs from all the shows that have featured in the finals over the years. I still think she's even more of a baka Labrador than when I faced her in the final three years ago. When I make that announcement could you all shut up, shut up, shut up."

So it leaves me to introduce Miss Ritsu Tainaka to give us a drum solo as I await the envelope from Saimoe HQ. A loud cheer erupts from the arena as the pocket dynamo takes the rare spotlight. The beats start to build.......

Our First Finalist for 2012 will be...
Old 2012-10-31, 09:05   Link #2079
Hachiko
The Akita

Welcome back, and we can tell you that TOKI HAS WON IT! She is now one win away from winning the Saimoe Prime Minister's office.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:06   Link #2080
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

1位 362票 園城寺怜@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 195票 原村和@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament