3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-20, 22:56   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Attack on Titan - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 24.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:09   Link #2
mixordia

WOW... I need a second season...
Old 2013-09-21, 14:14   Link #3
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Next week I can finally catch up with the manga... I am not waiting a year for 2nd season, while stalling the manga, just no freakin' way.
Old 2013-09-21, 14:15   Link #4
darklegends8

Dammit, the subs can't get here fast enough
Old 2013-09-21, 14:30   Link #5
kitten320

I quickly skipped through raw and have to say I feel a bit fed up with all the fillers they are adding lately. Especially with how they have over powered Mikasa here.

Will give my full opinion after watching it with subs.

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-09-21 at 14:44.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 15:14   Link #6
darklegends8

Mikasa's always been overpowered
Old 2013-09-21, 15:58   Link #7
Flood55

I thought they did a pretty good job with the filler in this episode. I actually thought they were going to drag some of the talking scenes out to make up for the short length of the corresponding chapters in the manga, but there was a surprising amount of action, and I liked how it was done. However, I was very confused about the very last scene in the preview for Episode 25. I am not too sure why they would put it on its own, all blurry, at the end of the preview. Weird stuff. I can't wait for next Saturday.
Flood55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 16:00   Link #8
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Mikasa's always been overpowered
Well she is the best out of the class. The filler are okay because in the whole anime they been giving jean more development (perhap the author wanted to but no room in the manga, just like that laugh scene with Annie where he wanted to do it but no space) and it added more mikasa, Armin and scouting legion moments. I think the last episode will be less filler (because I think the anime will stop at a certain point and they need good filler to stop it there).

I am just hoping we get to go to church next week wink

Second season please!!!!

And for all manga reader yes in an anime you need to try to keep the audience captivated so filler fights are expected. Plus it give more development to side characters. And it possible the author agree with he changes.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 17:05   Link #9
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
No I understand, but what ticked me off was:

Mikasa was always a strong fighter however, she didn't posses much threat to FT. Here however, she almost destroyed the strongest titan to date. A titan that was cut down only by Levi and only when she was tired and prioritized running away.

It is too much of a jump in power. It de-gradated FT as well as Levi. The way Mikasa was portrayed this episode, we can as well kill off Levi now because she was basically on his level just now and it doesn't add up or make sense.

It was just action to please fans, mostly Mikasa fans.

I always had issues with how Mikasa fans saw this fight in manga, but now I surely will hear no end to it with people going "Mikasa destroyed FT" when she never did -_-
Please girl/guy mikasa is weak. She was totally knock down, Levi took less then 2 min to defeat the ft and save eren and mikasa. All she did this episode was get kick around and laying on the ground. She has a long time before ever being close to Levi. But the filler did show why she the best in the graduation class. So levi is still the best and eren keep on getting almost killed lol.
Old 2013-09-21, 18:02   Link #10
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I quickly skipped through raw and have to say I feel a bit fed up with all the fillers they are adding lately. Especially with how they have over powered Mikasa here.

Will give my full opinion after watching it with subs.
I agree with you here. It's all about filler filler filler lately. Not that it's bad filler.

However what tick me off isn't Mikasa. It's Jean. He insert himself everywhere
It seem like Jean is the real main character of the anime lol.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-09-21 at 19:08.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:02   Link #11
Veviticus

Mikasa was knocked down twice o_O She is far from destroying FT.
Episode was action packed. It has surpassed my expectations =)
Old 2013-09-21, 18:06   Link #12
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I agree with you here. It's all about filler filler filler lately. Not that it's bad filler.

I like jean and there were hint in the manga that jean was getting better buying the anime in more in detail in developing jean.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-09-21 at 19:08.
Old 2013-09-21, 18:15   Link #13
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
He's the author's favourite character.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:27   Link #14
Dekart

Is it just me or did it seem like Mikasa was mad because she felt Eren had feelings for Annie?
Dekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:36   Link #15
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekart View Post
Is it just me or did it seem like Mikasa was mad because she felt Eren had feelings for Annie?
I think that was supposed to be the case
Old 2013-09-21, 18:41   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekart View Post
I was getting that too. Good thing Armin broke it up.

I couldn't help but find it a little amusing how Armin and Jean were ragging on Eren for not having resolve whilst he's crushed under rubble. I mean good lord, I know he can turn into a Titan but that doesn't mean he's not in crippling pain.

Plus I can't really buy Eren's hesitation all that much. He's been the most obsessed with fighting Titans and yet others who knew her have far less hesitation in fighting her. She must have been really special to Eren to shake him that much. There's only two explanations to this:
1) He actually does have feelings for Annie.
2) He's perfectly capable of fighting her with 3D gear like everyone else but requires more focus than others do in order to turn into a Titan.

Number 2 makes the most sense since there's been no hint of Number 1 at all.

Otherwise I thought it was pretty great how they got everyone to play a part in fighting Annie and I did like it when Eren was picking himself up again. I can't believe he actually landed a punch.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:58   Link #17
Gravitas Free Zone

"Shinji, get in the robot."

I can accept that Eren is reluctant to attack Annie due to his feelings for her, but it also feels like the anime is feeding it to us and asking us to accept it. Another scene or two during training to anchor their relationship would have helped, aside from the sparring, since there was a lot of exposition and character cramming going on back then. On the other hand, too much Annie too early might have compromised the surprise value.

I can buy Mikasa being a little weird about Eren's relationship/reluctance to kill people he knows that also tried to kill Mikasa. It's her way.

Everyone had their usual moments: Levi's disdain at the MPs, Erwin being totally unflappable, Hanji really enjoying her job.

And Jean being somewhat of the average, ordinary guy stuck in an extraordinary situation.

Wasn't that round building that Annie reached the same place where Pixis and that other guy were having the chess game so many episodes ago?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:00   Link #18
kitten320

Ok after watching episode properly with subs I have to take most of my words back, my bad.
Though Mikasa looked like a real psycho when talking to Eren. I have to question her mental stability more than Annie's.

Still a bit frustrated with filler even though it was good.
Hanji's anticipation made me laugh. I sure wouldn't want to be captured by her if I was Annie.

Animators clearly love Armin, they made him more bad ass. Though they don't seem to have much love for Eren since they turned him into bigger damsel in distress.

Kinda like how Armin applied same description both to Erwin and Annie making them look not so different. Only difference is the actual goal.

Though with this filler, I'm afraid they will finish this season on a horrible cliffhanger. At least my sister won't be happy that's for sure.

Regarding Eren's attachment to Annie. Annie is a loner so obviously not many people are attached to her. Eren however is an exception. She tutored him in hand to hand combat what means they sparred on occasional basis and most likely did chit chat in between.
Also Annie is the one who opened Eren's eyes on how illogical government is, I'm pretty sure he held her in high regard and respected.
We might get more insight next week just as we did this week about why they decided it was Annie.
Old 2013-09-21, 19:01   Link #19
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Eren's hesitation might have also been down to the fact that Anne has schooled him twice in the past in hand to hand combat.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:02   Link #20
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Another great episode.

The way they animated Mikasa trying to soften her fall was so good!

As for the Military Police. They're typical swine. Just watching and not doing anything about it.

Jean made the right choice.

Before Eren transformed, he growl with a Raging "Guts Face". You know it's time to go to work!

I really like the small detail they added like when Eren punches Annie, you can see his hand go limp from the strike.

Maybe it's just me, but from how this episode ended it looks like Eren was rushing in to mount Annie again.

Titan Mating Ritual Part Deux!!!

*Insert Blushing Annie pic*

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-09-21 at 19:22.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote