AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-08, 08:47   Link #21
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

If there's anything I can say, it's that the Hayate no Gotoku animation team absolutely rocks the high def from what little I've seen so far (FANSUBS PLZ) and those uniforms are so cute, they jab at my eyes.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 10:48   Link #22
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

Should be out by this evening.
Eej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 21:14   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

^
Well, I'll be. You're right.

The first ZKC subs have surfaced.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:17   Link #24
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I quite enjoyed this, for something I'd never heard of or looked in to.

Spoiler for episode 1:

As some others have mentioned, not terribly fond of Aaya's voice in this one. Too Konata, which I think should have stayed with that char, not moved to one like this. But that won't stop me watching. Maybe it'll grow on me, anyway.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 05:24   Link #25
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It's like I'm the only person who thinks Hirano actually did a good job with the role. Sure, she sounds 'samey' but I think the voice is appropriately cutesy enough to fit in.

Also, if the show continues the madness throughout, it may just be one of the best shows of Spring 2008.
Old 2008-04-09, 07:24   Link #26
Slice of Life
eyewitness

It's like I'm the only person who thinks "Who was this Hirano Aya person again?"

Seriously, the point "voice acting" is near the bottom of my quality check list and the point "voice actors" doesn't even appear. So I have absolutely no problems here.

Looking at the premises this for sure won't become my personal show of the year. But it also looks immune against many common pitfalls that make me drop a show quickly (unlike its predecessor). The main characters are likable on first glance, that includes the trio's commander. This is the most important thing for the episodic plot we'll probably get(?). Animation was above average, what more do you want.

All in all, I think this show is a low risk target to invest my time in. At least as 'low risk' as a show can be after seeing only one episode.
Old 2008-04-09, 07:31   Link #27
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Only above average animation? That episode outright looked gorgeous and was probably one of the few shows that actually put high definition to good use this season. I'm also pretty appreciative of the way they animated the more mundane action scenes instead of doing quick shots or ultra-close-ups-of-the-face-so-you-don't-have-to-animate-anything.

Really, this show fits the whole 'light anime you can turn your mind and stresses off to watch' billing. Other than maybe Itazura na Kiss, I got that from this show here. Also, for some reason, the Hayate staff REALLY knows their background OST. The OST is already amazing..
Old 2008-04-09, 07:54   Link #28
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
I actually agree. This is a light, fun, pretty much 'brainless' show to watch. Like Hayate, I'm just gonna watch it for lulz. I am not expecting much of the show though, plot, characterization or otherwise. And unlike other shows aimed at kids (read: Powerpuff Girls Z etc.), I can actually watch this due to very high production values and slapstick humour.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:06   Link #29
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Ah, so I wasn't alone in liking the first episode.
I also haven't aught on to any foreseeable plot yet, but lolis + magical girls + fun = win in decent amounts.

I wouldn't say the animation was "gorgeous", but it was definitely above average.
Even watching it streaming, the animation looked better than most.

Ah, the villain was supposed to be a spoof of" HARD GAY, hooooooo~!"?
I was feeling hard and gay vibes from him, but I didn't quite catch that.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:12   Link #30
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yep, I think 'gorgeous' is semantics on my part, but I still won't go back on that. But the more accurate descriptor would be 'consistent'. Not one frame seems to skip in terms of animation consistency.

Synergy SP seems to go for that a lot nowadays. Clean color, consistency, fluidity, etc. Their other project, Major, looks really good too, but not exactly as consistent as Hayate and Zettai Karen does. They really know how to make clean cut looking anime. I just have a lot of faith in how they animate things.

I think the only other show that never skipped a beat animation-wise was Code Geass R2. I just hope Zettai Karen doesn't sputter along in terms of animation, because it seems to rely on that a lot for physical and moé comedy.
Old 2008-04-09, 08:27   Link #31
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Rather than konata or Haruhi. Her Kaoru sounds more like Polka of Eternal Sonata. Especially when she says the attacks.

First episode was surprising. I loled at the muscle okama especially shooting rays on his you know... I got Inukami vibes from that.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:27   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I just hope Zettai Karen doesn't sputter along in terms of animation, because it seems to rely on that a lot for physical and moé comedy.
I don't think they will. The level of their hayate series, animation wise, was as good as it could have gotten (even if the story wasn't up to it for me). I think they can be trusted to maintain a good consistancy.
But then again the old stylish designs of this series isn't that demanding, as it is beauty in the old sense. I am actually quite fond of the designs as it brings back memories ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:42   Link #33
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Lol, what did I just watch?
Very polished looking first episode, and LOL at the crotch beam (FUUUUUUUUU~).
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:52   Link #34
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

For the people talking about Hirano's role:

"In any case, on his blog, Shiina Takashi, the mangaka of Zettai Karen Children, for which the anime will start in April, says that although he only asked for a "popular young seiyuu," it was really Aya he was thinking of, and whom they ended up getting to play Kaoru. He says that her voice has "an unforgettable enchantment."

He thinks the character has to be played as a tomboy with a feminine voice, a mischievous princess in whom you can hear a future charismatic queen of the demons. And he says the director and the sponsors are pleased, too."
Old 2008-04-09, 13:11   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eej View Post
For the people talking about Hirano's role:

"In any case, on his blog, Shiina Takashi, the mangaka of Zettai Karen Children, for which the anime will start in April, says that although he only asked for a "popular young seiyuu," it was really Aya he was thinking of, and whom they ended up getting to play Kaoru. He says that her voice has "an unforgettable enchantment."

He thinks the character has to be played as a tomboy with a feminine voice, a mischievous princess in whom you can hear a future charismatic queen of the demons. And he says the director and the sponsors are pleased, too."
Yeah, sponsors seem to be the key behind Aya Hirano's latent popularity. Especially Kadokawa and Shogakukan.

Anyway I'm downloading the episode right now so soon I'll be able to judge for myself instead of playing it by ear. I think a lot of people are also expecting her to actually earn that Seiyuu award she was given (I mean REALLY earn it) and this role is not doing it. Some people are joking already in places I've been that she is likely to get nominated for this role and to at least take home something in next years awards so really it's kind of a joking scenario at this point. I don't think people hate her role so much as they are playing off of that whole Seiyuu Awards fiasco.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 13:22   Link #36
Blaat

Ahh same creators as Hayate, no wonder this show gave me Hayate vibes (even though they're not similar in story etc.)

Anyway I'll definitely keep watching this one.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 13:53   Link #37
bayoab

Let's see...
[+]VA's are fine; story has potential to not suck; synergy sp animating it, potential for yaritai houdai seems high.
[+.5]Kagamin is on staff, I hope he actually gets to do something noticeable.
[-]Plot is highly generic and derived. Might as well called it power puff girls S2 or something; Songs are really generic and weak.
[--] Might as well call this Hayate S1.5 while we are at it. The beginning felt straight out of Hayate.
[--] Also, 52 eps?! Ugh. (Nico comments claimed 4cour. I really hope this is wrong.)
[--- x oo]...A show like this... possibly has fanservice... damn pedophilic Japan.

[?] Or is this another 3400 late night Saturday series or is this 1000 Sunday morning?

Meh, guess I'll watch a few eps. If there really is going to be fanservice of the 3 in this series, it can rot in the bottom of a pit though.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:05   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Alright, I think I can see what's going on as far as Aya Hirano's voice acting now that I've seen it. It's the simple fact that she is overselling her lines at times like I've noticed she has a tendency too. This comes down to random noises, long holds on certain syllables and a whole lot of high pitched squealing at times that it's not absolutely necessary. She' s not atrociously bad, but at times it seems that while the other girls are focusing on their character, Aya Hirano is like a child in an amusement park herself with a "Hey look what I can do" attitude towards her roles. She seems like she's trying to improv, but lacks the self-control and ability to control pitch that other Seiyuu like Rie Kugimiya (Who actually did manage to make her way into this series as someone named Mio and I can't say I'm surprised as she's Rie Kugimiya and thus will be around in some capacity) have when they improv and thus her "moments" instead become rather shrieky and shrill instead of the moe moment I think she intended to create. If I were the director I'd probably want to take her aside and tell her that she needs to tone it down a little and that this IS in fact going live and to just follow the script a little more.

Anyway, the Absolutely Lovely Children theme was milked for all it was worth, much to my enjoyment actually. Seeing loli super robot wannabe's battle around is right up my alley and I kind of enjoyed their feelings smug superiority (the lolis do know they are at the top of power tiers in anime) modulated by some small idenification with their hapless overseer dude. Hopefully they don't decide to stray from their path and continue to be good little girls. We don't need a Midwich Cuckoos scenario.

And here is Rie Kugimiya's character if anyone is interested:

Final Boss? The character description on the homepage describes him as a teleporter and then proceeds to ask in a foreshadowing tone what his true colours are.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:16   Link #39
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

Only reason why I (speaking for myself, not necessarily the rest of the staff) did bother to actually sub the show was the purposeful lack of pedo fanservice. The wind is always blowing in the OP and rest of the show but you don't see any white. The snake thing was probably the tamest sequence of its type ever, too, especially after Druaga. Hopefully the rest of the show stays that way.
Old 2008-04-09, 17:05   Link #40
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, that was silly, and quite fun.
I can always find time for something that's silly and fun.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babel, comedy, esper, loli, shounen