AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-06, 17:17   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Empire of Britannia of Code Geass

Welcome to Empire of Britannia of Code Geass discussion thread.

This thread is a place where you can discuss Empire of Britannia related questions and issues in the universe of Code Geass, such as the goal of the invasions, their military system, chain of command, etc ...

As usual, the Forum Rules must be followed. Specific rule to take note of:
  • Rule 1.2: Do not insult or harass other members

Insults, harassment, flaming, trolling, baiting or other similar abusive behaviour towards other members of The Forum will not be tolerated. This includes the use of "retort images". Images used to convey a "come back" message (i.e. to "retort") are forbidden in all areas of The Forum, they are often offensive and only serve to ignite flame wars.

If you come across any post that is problematic, please use the Report Post button () to inform the Moderators. Do not aggravate the problem by replying to it.

On a final note - This is a discussion thread, meaning that people are bound to disagree with you. Please be polite to your fellow members, and treat each other with mutual respect. Keep the discussion on topic, and above all - enjoy!
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 17:22   Link #2
DeotoxSlayer

First!!!

Anyway onto my questions, does anyone know what the Capital of brittannia is.

Also can anyone post a map of the CG World with the factions(Brittannia, EU, Chinese Federation etc.) on it.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 17:24   Link #3
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

From last episode it seem the capital is called Pendragon if I remember correctly.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 17:27   Link #4
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
From last episode it seem the capital is called Pendragon if I remember correctly.
It was mentioned in the last episode....dam I really gotta get around to watching it.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:18   Link #5
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The political structure. I thought Charles has absolute power?
Old 2008-07-06, 18:27   Link #6
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

But they still have a senate and a Prime Minister, the Emperor may control everything but he can't possibly deal with everything that pertains to ruling his Empire by himself.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:29   Link #7
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
But they still have a senate and a Prime Minister, the Emperor may control everything but he can't possibly deal with everything that pertains to ruling his Empire by himself.
I agree. But, just how much leeway does Charles give them?
Old 2008-07-06, 18:30   Link #8
FreshSalad
Claymore Theorist

Location: In a hopeless world where there is no reason to exist
We know all the states are still called what they are called now. Er.... Maybe its an alternate reality in which George Washington DECIDED to take the crown instead of refusing it. On the other hand, it just might be that during the Cold War, when Russia and America reigned supreme, a group did a coup'de tat which everyone joined in on, forming the Empire of Britannia.
FreshSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:33   Link #9
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I'm not sure it kind of reminds me of the France's absolute monarchy before democracy was instaured.
The King had absolute power even though he had ministers who would deal with everything he had the last word in everything.The nobles possess a fair share of land which grants them money and power over the lower classes (commoners)
Old 2008-07-06, 18:43   Link #10
FreshSalad
Claymore Theorist

the thing I find most interesting is the philosophy of Social darwinism. They preach rationalism to an extreme, and ironically enough, what Lelouch wants is to make their world, like ours. But their ideals MIGHT be a hint of where their universe split off from ours. As I said before, it could be from the formation of America. The phrase Britannia comes from the roman way of saying britain. Now calling yourself XYZ of Britannia isn't to weird so we can safely assume that the last name of Britannia was probably not the REAL last name, but how the royalty decided to call themselves. Continuing, for America to pick Britannia as a name... well it would have to be pretty early. I mean we did call everything New (british city). But since the map said we conquerred south america, could also be from the time we fought mexico but decided to go all the way.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:52   Link #11
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshSalad View Post
We know all the states are still called what they are called now. Er.... Maybe its an alternate reality in which George Washington DECIDED to take the crown instead of refusing it. On the other hand, it just might be that during the Cold War, when Russia and America reigned supreme, a group did a coup'de tat which everyone joined in on, forming the Empire of Britannia.
No the first King of the Empire was Ricardo Van Brittannia who had the crown passed to him when his lover Queen Elizabeth the third died.

You can the that this is definetly alternate reality because we still have Elizabeth the 2nd and they had Elizabeth the 3rd over a hundred years ago.

Also World War II never happened in the CG timeline so neither did the Cold War(Cold War wouldn't really make sense anyway because of the lack of Nuclear Weapons) Though World War I did happen.

EDIT: Also about your last post. America didn't decide to call themselves Brittannia. The American Revolution failed because Ben Franklin turned Traitor. Britain stayed in countol of the colonies until Ricardo Van Brittannia became the new Emporer after his Lover Elizabeth the 3rd's death and the rest as we say is history.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:35   Link #12
FreshSalad
Claymore Theorist

wait wtf, wehre is all this info coming. The diagram of Britannia doesnt include britain.. at least i think.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:38   Link #13
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshSalad View Post
wait wtf, wehre is all this info coming. The diagram of Britannia doesnt include britain.. at least i think.
Yea they split from Brittannia a while ago, Elizabeth the 3rd was kicked out of Britain for some reason(don't remember why) before she gave the throne to Ricardo Van Brittannia.

I got this information from Koshimizu's previous posts on the topic that I remember and he got it from the History lessons included in the Code Geass DVD Releases.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:51   Link #14
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Yea they split from Brittannia a while ago, Elizabeth the 3rd was kicked out of Britain for some reason(don't remember why) before she gave the throne to Ricardo Van Brittannia.
It was because Napoleon conquered Britain and forced Elizabeth to surrender, but Ricardo and the remaining English forces rescued her and they fled to North America. Atleast that was what I remembered.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:52   Link #15
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
It was because Napoleon conquered Britain and forced Elizabeth to surrender, but Ricardo and the remaining English forces rescued her and they fled to North America. Atleast that was what I remembered.
Right that's it thanks
Old 2008-07-06, 20:34   Link #16
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
The Imperial line of Britannia began when Julius Ceasers first invasion of the British Isles failed. This happened because of the various tribes banding together under the Celtic King Eowyn. Some time later the Duke of Britannia, Carl, was one of the possible fathers of Queen Elizabeth I's son Henry the IX. After his mother dies in 1603 Henry takes the throne and starts the Tudor Dynasty. (Which is interesting because the Tudor line ends in 1603 beginning in 1485)

The order of the noble hierachy is in order from highest to lowest position:
* Grand Duke
* Duke
* Marquess
* Margrave
* Earl
* Viscount
* Baron
* Knight , non-hereditary.
* Knight of Honor , non-hereditary.

The rest has already been stated. Washington's Rebellion failed and America eventually became Brittania because of Elizabeth's the 3rd exile. I am guessing the Brittania government system has some elected positions. However I believe that the Emperor would usually push for his children or the elite of society to gain these. There is a House of Nobles, it was shown in episode 4 going through Rolo's history, and that leads me to believe there is a House of Commons as well.

One thing I have always wonder was about local Goverment in the mainland. Do the nobles manage different states and act as the local mayors and governors?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:45   Link #17
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
EDIT: Also about your last post. America didn't decide to call themselves Brittannia. The American Revolution failed because Ben Franklin turned Traitor. Britain stayed in countol of the colonies until Ricardo Van Brittannia became the new Emporer after his Lover Elizabeth the 3rd's death and the rest as we say is history.
Yeah... I still find that kinda depressing since Ben Franklin is a hero around here... I live close to Philadelphia after all...<.< They could have picked someone else damn it...<.<'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2
One thing I have always wonder was about local Goverment in the mainland. Do the nobles manage different states and act as the local mayors and governors?
That is probable. The Emperor can't run the country that large by himself. Look how large Britannia is after all. He would have to appoint people for areas. Just like he does for conquered territory.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:46   Link #18
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Yeah... I still find that kinda depressing since Ben Franklin is a hero around here... I live close to Philadelphia after all...<.< They could have picked someone else damn it...<.<'
Relax. It's an alternate reality. Old Ben is still the hero of the US.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:47   Link #19
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Relax. It's an alternate reality. Old Ben is still the hero the US.
Yeah, I know that... But still... It is the principle of the thing.
Not really that upset. Just irked.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:20   Link #20
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Yeah, I know that... But still... It is the principle of the thing.
Not really that upset. Just irked.
Well, maybe Britannia just geassed him.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote