AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-24, 16:31   Link #1741
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
???

You do know that Romney speaks French don't you?
Honestly no, I assumed he was the typically ignorant white Republican candidate that doesn't know jack shit about the rest of the worlds culture and languages and couldn't be bothered to learn for a second. That's actually a huge surprise to me.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:32   Link #1742
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

I would, personally; there's people I'm close to who have disgusting...
And what if they are strangers ?

Last edited by maplehurry; 2012-10-24 at 16:45.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:39   Link #1743
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Romney spent the majority of the time he'd be viable for the Vietnam War draft in either college, or working as a Mormon Missionary in France.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:39   Link #1744
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Honestly no, I assumed he was the typically ignorant white Republican candidate that doesn't know jack shit about the rest of the worlds culture and languages and couldn't be bothered to learn for a second. That's actually a huge surprise to me.
He spent some time evangelizing here. Not sure if he actually appreciates other cultures, though.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:59   Link #1745
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This seems more relevant to election news: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/10/...tgage-program/

A small step forward in the biggest bankster heist of all time.

Quote:
Federal prosecutors in New York sued Bank of America on Wednesday, accusing it of carrying out a mortgage scheme that defrauded the government during the depths of the financial crisis.
In a civil complaint that seeks to collect $1 billion from the bank, the Justice Department took aim at a home loan program known as the “hustle,” a venture that has become emblematic of the risk-fueled mortgage bubble. The complaint adds to a flurry of federal and private lawsuits facing Bank of America’s beleaguered mortgage business.
Old 2012-10-24, 21:52   Link #1746
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This seems more relevant to election news: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/10/...tgage-program/

Excellent, but Bank of America is so corrupt and almost downright diabolical that I doubt this changes their behavior much.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:15   Link #1747
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And this ... makes it nearly impossible for any fiscal conservative to even *want* to be identified with the "new GOP".

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/1...us-misogynist/

Quote:
The most reliable way, it appears, to cause conservatives to completely lose their minds is for an attractive woman under the age of 40 to speak words in a public forum that suggest she’s been exposed to the idea that women might have value outside of cleaning up after men, being sexual release objects for men, and producing male heirs. We saw it with Sandra Fluke, who was castigated for acknowledging that women use contraception, when apparently the right believes women should pretend the only times we have sex are to produce children, and that no amount of money is too much to spend to continue this illusion. Now—surprise!—Katherine Fenton, the young woman who asked an exceedingly middle-of-the-road question about equal pay, is getting the Whore of Babylon treatment.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:23   Link #1748
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:

One billion is nothing to them. Remember JP Morgan lost billions this year, and they haven't even flinched. Plus, the investigation officials basically got on their knees to service the CEO, after they got done wiping the drool from their mouths.

Odds are high that this will settle for far less, no major convictions will be had, and it will drain more taxpayer money with no real punishment or reform. Countrywide was a terrible investment for BoA, and as a former customer of both I know that firsthand, but Countrywide had extensive money/property dealings with high ranking political officials and there is no way that will become something discussed nationally on MSM outlets.

Besides, the settlement from this year was a good indication of how even state governments are more interested in using settlement money to help their budgets than screwed over homeowners. Remember Walker boasting about how he balanced the budget? You can thank part of that to a nice chunk of money meant for struggling homeowners.
Old 2012-10-25, 04:28   Link #1749
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

2012 Presidential Race Financial info

Quote:
Presidential candidates have already raised and spent millions of dollars in the 2012 campaign, as we know from the reports they're required to file each month with the Federal Election Commission. Here OpenSecrets.org highlights how the White House hopefuls are stacking up in the money chase, highlighting a comparison of the front-runners.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/

Old 2012-10-25, 08:10   Link #1750
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
This is probably one of the best sites to help determine which hand at the wheel will benefit the "captains of industry" (barons) of which industries. For instance, universities (some of which are in dire straits) are contributing mostly to Obama because otherwise there may be no college students. The current GOP simply does not believe in investments in infrastructure or the middle class -- actions, not rhetoric over the last 20 years.

"Agribusiness" (which primarily means huge conglomerates, not small family farms, like ADM and Monsanto) are heavily Bush because they don't want oversight into their practices. Example: GMO labeling, tracking meat sources to market, etc.

Trial lawyers tend to support Dems for a variety of reasons, some good some greedy. Expect to have to use a stick on the MPAA/RIAA idiots with Dems at the wheel.

The *biggest* thing that should leap out is the amount of 'superPAC' thank-you-Citizens-United money that comes from "anyone anonymous on the damn planet" basically.
==========================

There's been some noise about needing international observers in key swing states. I'd say that couldn't hurt - the true answer is better than someone's preferred answer.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-10-25 at 08:21.
Old 2012-10-25, 09:20   Link #1751
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
There's been some noise about needing international observers in key swing states. I'd say that couldn't hurt - the true answer is better than someone's preferred answer.
It would be a good idea but the republican will never accept it: they would lack choice of reason from proving than they try to repress democrate voter to making the US look like a third world country like Haiti

Edit: McCain Helps Push Romney’s Mourdock Headaches Into Day Two
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...in.php?ref=fpa
Quote:
Asked if he’s still backing Mourdock following his rape comments Wednesday, McCain instead backed far away from him.
“It depends on what he does. I think it depends on what he does,” McCain said. McCain said that “if he apologizes and says he misspoke and he was wrong and he asks the people to forgive him,” the Arizona Senator would get behind him again.

McCain’s response to Mourdock is markedly different from Romney’s as well as many of the other national Republicans who stood behind him as the story unfolded today. Romney, who’s starring in a statewide ad campaign on Mourdock’s behalf, repudiated Mourdock’s comments but promised to stick by him and declined to call on Mourdock to take the TV ads off the air.
“We disagree on the policy regarding exceptions for rape and incest but still support him,” a Romney spokesperson told the New York Observer.
Mourdock held a press conference Wednesday where he attacked his opponents for “twisting” his words at the debate and refused to apologize for them. He did say he was sorry if they had been misinterpreted.
So McCain is still going on the other way than his party. Any chance than he would be trying to hinder Romney's campain on purpose ?

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-10-25 at 09:38.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:03   Link #1752
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It would be a good idea but the republican will never accept it: they would lack choice of reason from proving than they try to repress democrate voter to making the US look like a third world country like Haiti

Edit: McCain Helps Push Romney’s Mourdock Headaches Into Day Two
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...in.php?ref=fpa

So McCain is still going on the other way than his party. Any chance than he would be trying to hinder Romney's campain on purpose ?
You're seeing very quiet retaliation and an attempt by the "old guard" to retake the GOP from the zealot batshit insane tea-tards and their money meisters. I'm not saying the "old guard" is much better, they've seen more intelligent days - but when you have Reagan and Bush, Sr. people left and right saying "wtf?" to their own party, there's something off the rails.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:22   Link #1753
GundamFan0083

Oh boy...here we go with "who's to blame."

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...a-campaign/?hp

Can't they wait until after the election.
Obama hasn't lost yet...or does Matt Bai know something we don't?
Old 2012-10-25, 11:25   Link #1754
GDB

They need stories. Thus, they make stories. They care not for implications or realities. They... are the NEWS.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:26   Link #1755
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Oh boy...here we go with "who's to blame."

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...a-campaign/?hp

Can't they wait until after the election.
Obama hasn't lost yet...or does Matt Bai know something we don't?
If Romney takes office, I pretty much look forward to the "multiple car collisions from multiple directions" that the GOP will suffer as they implode when they have no one else to blame.

It will be painful for the US and the world though ...

The most morbidly interesting outcome would be Romney taking the White House and Congress flipping to Democrat control.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:30   Link #1756
GundamFan0083

Honestly I don't think it matters who wins (of the two major parties).
They're both ruled by the corporatists (big banks, Unions, Wall Street firms, Big Pharma, and other monopolies/duopolies).

We the people (normal citizens/small business owners) are screwed.
Call me cynical, but I just call it like I see it.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:42   Link #1757
GDB

Quote:
If Romney takes office, I pretty much look forward to the "multiple car collisions from multiple directions" that the GOP will suffer as they implode when they have no one else to blame.
Aw, that's cute. You think they'll take responsibility just because they'd have power.

Quote:
The most morbidly interesting outcome would be Romney taking the White House and Congress flipping to Democrat control.
And there's your "someone else to blame".

Quote:
Call me cynical
You're cynical.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:43   Link #1758
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Honestly I don't think it matters who wins (of the two major parties).
They're both ruled by the corporatists (big banks, Unions, Wall Street firms, Big Pharma, and other monopolies/duopolies).

We the people (normal citizens/small business owners) are screwed.
Call me cynical, but I just call it like I see it.
I think there's an overlap but it isn't 1:1. Which corporations tend to do better varies between D and R. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that the stupidity has bubbled to the top, in the GOP in particular. The ones I'd trust to run things efficiently have been shoved aside for clowns I'm not sure can even implement what the corporations want properly (never mind the unintended consequences of short term corporate wants).

Imperial Rome, right before the lead pipes gave out, in other words.
Old 2012-10-25, 12:30   Link #1759
willx
Nyaaan~~

COLIN POWELL STANDING BY OBAMA IN 2012 PRESIDENTIAL RACE

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a longtime Republican, is sticking with President Barack Obama in this year's election.

He told CBS' "This Morning" he respects fellow Republican Mitt Romney but thinks he's been vague on many issues.

Powell said the president got the United States out of Iraq, has laid out a plan for leaving Afghanistan "and didn't get us into any new wars."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 2012-10-25, 13:18   Link #1760
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

It will be painful for the US and the world though ...

Wouldn't they be a moderating (or at least, distracting) influence? Wouldn't an all Republican on all branches be a more spectacular trainwreck?
Closed Thread