AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-12, 13:34   Link #901
Mecasonic13
Twins of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
4th vol of Biblia seems to have taken a massive drop compared to the previous novels
It should be pretty obvious why volume 4's sales aren't as high as the other volumes. After all, it has only been out for two weeks while the other volumes have been out for a year or two and are still ranking and selling 10k+ copies every week. Comparing those sales numbers is pointless, there is no way volume 4 can catch up that fast to the other volumes.

If you want a comparaison that actually makes sense, here is one: Volume 4 sold 397,849 copies in two weeks after its release. In the same amount of time (minus 2 days), Volume 3 had only sold 293,435 copies. Even 4 weeks after its release, volume 3 was still at 387,001 copies sold. Should be fairly obvious that volume 4 is actually doing much better than the previous volumes, not worse.

Quote:
Still better than most LNs, but I guess it's impossible for a fairly new IP to maintain such sales without it being expanded to other media (i.e anime, movies etc).
There's a TV Drama adaptation currently airing. There are also two manga adaptations IIRC.
Old 2013-03-12, 14:18   Link #902
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecasonic13 View Post
It should be pretty obvious why volume 4's sales aren't as high as the other volumes. After all, it has only been out for two weeks while the other volumes have been out for a year or two and are still ranking and selling 10k+ copies every week. Comparing those sales numbers is pointless, there is no way volume 4 can catch up that fast to the other volumes.

If you want a comparaison that actually makes sense, here is one: Volume 4 sold 397,849 copies in two weeks after its release. In the same amount of time (minus 2 days), Volume 3 had only sold 293,435 copies. Even 4 weeks after its release, volume 3 was still at 387,001 copies sold. Should be fairly obvious that volume 4 is actually doing much better than the previous volumes, not worse.
Pardon me, I assumed the LN sales in Japan worked a little like game sales over there in which they sell huge for the first two or so weeks then dive sharply most of the time. The last couple times I saw Bilbia novels chart they were around 800-600k, so I had thought that was the series standard during their first couple weeks. Thanks for the correction. These books have very crazy legs then!

Quote:
There's a TV Drama adaptation currently airing. There are also two manga adaptations IIRC.
I see, hopefully someone picks up the manga at least.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-12 at 15:04.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:29   Link #903
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Pardon me, I assumed the LN sales in Japan worked a little like game sales over there in which they sell huge for the first two or so weeks then dive sharply most of the time. The last couple times I saw Bilbia novels chart they were around 800-600k, so I had thought that was the series standard during their first couple weeks. Thanks for the correction. These books have very crazy legs
That's usually the case with your "standard" LN. Biblia is a little bit of a weird case though, since it appeals to both standard LN reader and ormal novel reader, which cause the difference in sales trend(I don't know if other title in MW bunko also have same sales trend or this just apply to biblia since MW bunko is actually not considered as an LN label)
Old 2013-03-12, 22:48   Link #904
larethian

Quote:
Pardon me, I assumed the LN sales in Japan worked a little like game sales over there in which they sell huge for the first two or so weeks then dive sharply most of the time. The last couple times I saw Bilbia novels chart they were around 800-600k, so I had thought that was the series standard during their first couple weeks. Thanks for the correction. These books have very crazy legs then!

I see, hopefully someone picks up the manga at least.
those numbers you saw were probably cumulative sales figures.
Old 2013-03-12, 23:59   Link #905
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Not sure if any of you gentlemen have posted this yet, but Dengeki Bunko's site now has a short summary on Kazuma Kamachi's A Simple Monitoring for those of you who're keeping track.

The character profiles are more or less... one-word summaries for each character... or none at all. Just take a look.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-03-13, 00:21   Link #906
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Welcome to the Kamachi Twilight Zone, Part II ?
Old 2013-03-13, 12:05   Link #907
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That's usually the case with your "standard" LN. Biblia is a little bit of a weird case though, since it appeals to both standard LN reader and ormal novel reader, which cause the difference in sales trend(I don't know if other title in MW bunko also have same sales trend or this just apply to biblia since MW bunko is actually not considered as an LN label)
Sounds like almost like the Mario or DQ of novels then. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
those numbers you saw were probably cumulative sales figures.
Most likely, as I admitted I kinda of just skimmed those charts at the time and remembered surprised at huge numbers and the massive chasm between them and other LN sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Welcome to the Kamachi Twilight Zone, Part II ?
That supposed to be a bad thing?
Old 2013-03-15, 16:22   Link #908
DorkingtonPugsly

So Biorg Trinity Volume 1's finally coming out april 19th, pretty damn excited since it's my favorite running manga right now. Other then that April also has a lot of good manga releases.
Old 2013-03-20, 14:16   Link #909
Miraluka
Banned

Sleeping in the Magdalene (マグダラで眠れ) got ranked 1st while No game No life(ノーゲーム・ノーライフ) got 2nd place.
Old 2013-03-20, 14:22   Link #910
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Sleeping in the Magdalene (マグダラで眠れ) got ranked 1st while No game No life(ノーゲーム・ノーライフ) got 2nd place.
...In what? Oricon Sales?
Old 2013-03-20, 15:50   Link #911
Mecasonic13
Twins of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...In what? Oricon Sales?
From what I understand, it's from some kind of contest called ラノベ好き書店員大賞 where bookstore employees vote for their favorite new light novel series (so here they were voting on light novels series that started in 2012; last year they had voted on ones that started in 2011).

Here is the top 10 from that contest:
Quote:
1. Magdala de Nemure (マグダラで眠れ)
2. No Game No Life (ノーゲーム・ノーライフ)
3. Tenkyou no Alderamin (天鏡のアルデラミン)
4. Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keiyaku (魔法少女育成計画)
5. Escape Speed (エスケヱプ・スピヰド)
5. Haken no Kouki Altina (覇剣の皇姫アルティーナ)
7. Ore, Twin Tails ni Narimasu (俺、ツインテールになります)
7. Toaru Hikuushi e no Seiyaku (とある飛空士への誓約)
9. Mori no Majuu ni Hanabata wo (森の魔獣に花束を)
10. Mojo-kai no Futekisetsu na Nichijou (も女会の不適切な日常)
Source: Mantan-web
Old 2013-03-20, 19:12   Link #912
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, they were voting for brand new titles? Interesting...
Old 2013-03-20, 19:31   Link #913
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecasonic13 View Post
From what I understand, it's from some kind of contest called ラノベ好き書店員大賞 where bookstore employees vote for their favorite new light novel series (so here they were voting on light novels series that started in 2012; last year they had voted on ones that started in 2011).

Here is the top 10 from that contest:

Source: Mantan-web
I can't believe No Game No Life made #2. It's great, but I didn't know people liked it so much.
Old 2013-03-20, 21:53   Link #914
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Magdala got number 1 *_*. My taste seems to coincide with bookstore employee taste it seems (first biblia, now magdala)
Old 2013-03-20, 22:52   Link #915
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Altina made 5? That's genuinely surprising...
Old 2013-03-21, 00:17   Link #916
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Magdala got number 1 *_*. My taste seems to coincide with bookstore employee taste it seems (first biblia, now magdala)
Your future path is clear now shounen!
Old 2013-04-03, 00:27   Link #917
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I'm not exactly one with the fastest pieces of information relay available in mind, but here's one just for the sake of putting here, as obtained from here (which I actually got into from an illustrator's work in Pixiv )

Light Novel Release: Wakareru Riyuu o Nobenasai! (別れる理由を述べなさい!)
Author: Hirota Ryou (太田 僚)
Illustrator: H2SO4

Unfortunately, I'm unable to fully translate the synopsis because of my lack in skills, the gist I could get is that a super-sadist beautiful girlfriend (Akino) doesn't want to break up with her masochist boyfriend, Yukito. I'm... fairly interested, though my bad habit when it comes to light novels is that the cover will be the first thing to attract my attention
A year and a half later, I am here to say that it was a good read lol.

Just finished the first volume and I really hope that there will be a second, thought it doesn't seem like there will be one. Not a story that will stay carved in your mind, but it was definitively enjoyable.
Old 2013-04-03, 09:51   Link #918
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Degenki Bunko's June issue

Quote:
電撃文庫
6/07発売

●俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない (12) 【著:伏見つかさ/絵:かんざきひろ】
●魔法科高校の劣等生 (10) 来訪者編 <中> 【著:佐島 勤/絵:石田可奈】
●アクセル・ワールド 14 ―激光の大天使― 【著:川原 礫/絵:HIMA】
●デュラララ!!×12 【著:成田良悟/絵:ヤスダスズヒト】
●インテリビレッジの座敷童 (3) 【著:鎌池和馬/絵:真早】
●C3 ―シーキューブ― XVII episode CLOSE / the last part 【著:水瀬葉月/絵:さそりがため】
●エスケヱプ・スピヰド 四 【著:九岡 望/絵:吟】
●明日、ボクは死ぬ。キミは生き返る。 2 【著:藤まる/絵:H2SO4】
●斉藤アリスは有害です。 2 ~あなたが未来の魔王です~ 【著:中維/絵:GAN】
●シスターサキュバスは懺悔しない II 【著:折口良乃/絵:KeG】
●世界の終わり、素晴らしき日々より 3 【著:一二三スイ/絵:七葉なば】
●花屋敷澄花の聖地巡礼 【著:五十嵐雄策/絵:三輪フタバ】
●ストレンジ・ムーン 宝石箱に映る月 【著:渡瀬草一郎/絵:桑島黎音】
●漆黒のエインヘリアル 【著:相原あきら/絵:nyoro】
●ミス・ファーブルの蟲ノ荒園(アルマス・ギブル) 【著:物草純平/絵:藤ちょこ】
●我が妹(まい)は吸血鬼である 【著:小鹿野君則/絵:zpolice】
Old 2013-04-03, 19:33   Link #919
Kunagisa

Quote:
●デュラララ!!×12 【著:成田良悟/絵:ヤスダスズヒト】
(; ゚д゚)
(つд⊂)
(; ゚д゚)<...
\( ゚∀ ゚)/<きたあああああああぁぁぁぁぁぁぁ

Spoiler for Synopsis (not that big of a spoiler but just to be safe:

One of my most anticipated book of the year! I wonder if this is the last volume for the Mikado stuff or if the editor will push the story into volume 13. Hope he ends it in this one, so there's no cliffhanger. Then again, once this is over, I am really not that looking forward to the future volumes about Aoba and the twins. Honestly, who cares about Aoba, guy's an asshole, but the Orihara twins \(゜∀ ゜ )ノ♥. Still gotta say the Saika related people (not faction, so I can include Akabayashi here too) are the most interesting characters asides from Tsukumoya, who's probably the freaking newspaper firm's president from the 1930s in Baccano -___-.

Hopefully Kasane ends up with Eijirou or something. Who cares if the plot doesn't make sense for this to occur, Kasane's too awesome to be left alone when there's CP everywhere! ( Σ(゚д゚;) おい、やめろ ). Wonder how mad fujoshis would get if Shizuo actually ends up with Varona.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-04-03 at 19:43.
Old 2013-04-03, 19:41   Link #920
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^I'm completely lost with Durarara's plot after the 3rd vol arc from the anime... don't even recognise half the names you've just mentioned... what are the pairings now?
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases