AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-03-17, 07:22   Link #50921
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Nope, but an Assassin's Creed-inspired IS with a white hood has crossed my mine more than once.

...I just couldn't get it to work without laughing my @$#@ off.
Why does it have to be with the hood? They did it with the Alexander KF (it's wrist blades was shown in Akito Ep. 1, similar to the Hidden Blade in AC), I know you can do more than that.
Old 2014-03-17, 07:30   Link #50922
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Why does it have to be with the hood?
"My name is Kanuma Kanata. I am the 53rd in a long line of assassins who strike in secret, my identity hidden by a white hood..."

Ichika: "YOU JUST TOLD ME YOUR IDENTITY! WHY EVEN BOTHER WEARING A HOOD?!?!?"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 08:47   Link #50923
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Was there ever any of us who made a unit that only used knives?
Smaller Blade to reduce Barrier Void cost? Sure, why not?
Old 2014-03-17, 09:10   Link #50924
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Say, IS barrier is a really thick sheet of particles, right? Then why don't make something that could burn through it?

And if it's electromagnetic field, there is the plastic weapon.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 09:41   Link #50925
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Say, IS barrier is a really thick sheet of particles, right? Then why don't make something that could burn through it?

There is an implication I hope you are aware of when you come up with something like that:

you do aware the most IS pilots are just normal girls playing sport right?

You are talking about killing sport players (like Competitive shooter).

Also, if it is that easy, it would have been done a long time ago.... they don't even need to invent something like the Exo-skeleton suit.
Old 2014-03-17, 09:47   Link #50926
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Duh! That is for my fanfic, so killing wouldn't be a problem.

So, in this case, the field could be a hybrid of I-field and Phase Shift - vibrating particles. A noble gas, I might add.
Old 2014-03-17, 15:29   Link #50927
Izumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post

Reiraku Byakuya , and Barrier Void Attack do just that do t hey not?
Izumi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 18:55   Link #50928
AbsorbQueen

Why Hullo there online strangers!

I just wondering if you can be kind enough to critique my OC for my fan fiction

Name: Ryusei Sakurai

Country of affliation: (None)

Assoicate with: Ex-Phantom Task, Dunios Inc.

Appearance: With a less distinguish height (169 cm) for boy around his age, Ryusei has one of earphones in either one of
ear, while the other earpiece dangles down (because he think it is cool). Ryusei disregards fashion trend, a shaggy
black longcoat on outside, while still wearing a black hoodie or a typical white dressshirt with
loose tie benath the coat (He thinks it is fashionable, why not?)
Ryusei enjoys jeans for no reason, rather than shorts
And the boy loves boots, espically black boots. He rarely gets a haircut, since he likes his medium black hair
his eyes are heterochromia, right eye is covered with black eyepatch to hide its abnormalites (derived from second handed experiment from German), and
normal blue iris to his left eye. he always wears a fingerless glove for his right hand.

Personality: Quite brash for a fifteen years old, he loves to find fault of other and expose it . Ryusei doesn't care how the job gets done,
either he deals with it or doesn't deal with it. Quite a procastinator, has little respect for his employer, An cheap asshole, Ryusei often blames his own fault in others. And Ryusei can't stand girls (much like unable to be more conformatable with them)
Yet, he is willing to help out of those truly in need of help, Ryusei casts away the job just to protect others. Despite of all that, he is very lonely and
self loathing at times.

Likes: Sunscreens, Oranges, Tarot Cards, Tokusatsu film/series/shows, Kick Boxing, Classical Music, 1930s gangster outfit, tons of explosion, imperialism, darwinism
military history, mint cholocate, works of H.P. Lovecraft, etc. etc.

Dislikes: Sun(UV-radiation), government, IS units, terroist, milk, Capitalism, Communism. Humans in general.

Strength: close quarter combat, analysis, history, and mapping

Weakness: general direction, math calucation, physics, computers, talking to girls, children

History: Son of Japanese aerospace researcher and Germany foreign exchange student. At age of four, due to the development of IS units, Japan space expolartion program
was shut down. that drove Ryusei's father to insanity (as two decades worth of reasearch were wasted to mass produce IS), Ryusei's father was contacted Phantom Task
, and the terrorist group gained numerous informations on the system. Japanese government declared treason and arrested Ryusei's father, Ryusei's mother was extradicted
back to Germany along with him. The plane crashed, Ryusei barely survived, but his mother did not. The boy was declared in critical stage, he was near edge of death.
But the Germany intelligent agency was looking for a nearly to death patient to find experiment of nanotechnology on healing, Ryusei was chosen by random, the injection
of nanobots into the bloodstream caused the change of the iris color of his right eye and burn scar on the back of his right hand. Ryusei recovered after six months of coma,
(At the same time, IS units proudctions began). For the next three years, Ryusei spend his time in an Germany orphange, where he studied Germany and English. At age of seven
Ryusei was kidnapped during middle of night by the Phatom Tasks (who had located him after the plane crashed, and thought Ryusei might be a better bargaining chips
for his father's reasearch works, but the organization changed its mind after saw Ryusei's eyes and began to train him as a child soldier). For the next five years, Ryusei traveled
around the globe to take part of insurgences and industrial esponiages. Despite being a child soldier, Ryusei's understanding of world became much pessmistic than
average those of children. During a mission of inflitrating Dunios Inc. Ryusei was captured but released by the CEO of corpration and offered him a job as security assistant, which he
accepted. Now, as the head security manager of Dunios Inc, Ryusei takes on hardest mission he has thought he ever faced, going to all girl school and retrieve some incomplete
data.

IS: (He is a dude, can't really pilot one) But, Dunios Inc did made him a combat exoskeleton without IS cores, heavily battery driven (which lasted at max six hours of
combat).
Velocity Grinder
Primarily based on IFX-V301 Gawain (Code Geass)

Other:He knows he is hypocrite, and he gives no damn about it. Ryusei is not horrible person, he is kind to kinds because he believes the ability of children's
imagination is much more pure and powerful than adults. Even though he is Japanese, he didn't re-learn Japanese until age of fourteen (which only a year prior to the
story and receive his combat exoskeleton).

So please do forgive me for my grammar and spelling, English isn't my first language

tyty

Last edited by AbsorbQueen; 2014-03-17 at 18:57. Reason: Changes
AbsorbQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 01:30   Link #50929
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Completely unrelated to the post above.

When we introduce males: OC or not. Why does it have to be that the girls are attracted either to him or Ichika? We seem to always settle things with a decisive pairing even before things develop. In a sense we are already throwing fuel into their ship even though technically they don't exactly know each other.

This makes me question. Why can't they like both at the same time? Why do we not write about their attraction torn between two people?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 01:55   Link #50930
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Answer: Like last you write about ex-dellinquent Ichika, in order to write out a good triangle love, it takes skill and a lot of time. Quite a demand for a typical IS writer.
Old 2014-03-18, 06:12   Link #50931
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol wat
Old 2014-03-18, 06:17   Link #50932
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically, when we decide on a pairing, we make really obvious references and start marking territory that this is his girl, and that is that guy's girl, etc.

For some reason, Why can't the harem like both guys? Well at least like them both until they ultimately have to decide on one just as the protag has to choose from one of the harem.
Old 2014-03-18, 06:20   Link #50933
ValiantX3

Funny you should say that~

But girls can be as shallow or as deep as they decided to be. Guys also like that, just that they rarely show the extreme ends.

They can like multiple guys albeit barely, or invested themselves far too much to one guy beyond logic. What 'modern' harem entails are the latter, while typical fangirls portrayal usually the first (Unless we count crazy yandere fangirl).

Oh, and in other words, brother said he's back to mirrorverse soon after GBF finish. He said he's trying his damnedest to kill the harem aspect if possible, except when it's supposed to be comedic.
ValiantX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 06:25   Link #50934
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Damn it she's trying to hijack my account just now

Anyway, while the teasing is there, I was thinking of killing the harem situation for real and went straight to screwing oneself shenanigans. In case Tempest come here soon (and still interested continuing the project) hopefully he can understand.
Old 2014-03-18, 07:32   Link #50935
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Damn it she's trying to hijack my account just now

Anyway, while the teasing is there, I was thinking of killing the harem situation for real and went straight to screwing oneself shenanigans. In case Tempest come here soon (and still interested continuing the project) hopefully he can understand.
One, and only one advice for Tempest:

"Make it happen!"

And hurry up with GBF. The last thing I want is your enthusiastic got curbed after the series final.
Old 2014-03-18, 08:23   Link #50936
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I'm not really saying the girls should be shallow. Rather, why is our only recourse to set the pairings in order to break the harem status quo? Is it really like Fire just said? That none of us are capable of writing substantially with such relationships of multiple attractions?
Old 2014-03-18, 08:31   Link #50937
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Oh please! It's one of the rule of anime: be faithful to one, even if your feeling isn't answered.

In an audiance perspective, it's like "Have all" mindset.

Beside, last time checked, Wavehawk goes with crazy crossover; SaintessHeart is totally in Lolicon; Tempest, ZeroXSEED and Blitz1/2 are members of the Incest Guild; StratoSpear and Agetreme have their OC to deal with; and I'm too busy to set up a complete AU. In short, none of us qualified.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:38   Link #50938
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hahaha Demi, do we have any active I.S. female author? That MIGHT actually happen, since horny boys is not the only one who like their harem fantasy

No joke, just ask 3
Old 2014-03-18, 09:47   Link #50939
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, Akisa Akimune is a girl. A French girl, to be exact.

But she loves MadokaXIchika.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:48   Link #50940
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That's more or less my point I guess. I'm no feminist. But just guys getting the harem is getting kinda old. If we crossed the webs instead of making all the arrows point one way, or point in decisively straight lines. Well... wouldn't that be more interesting?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest