AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 36 30.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 7.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-08, 18:14   Link #181
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
She's adorable. Thats the point. She was born devious. And it should be illegal to be that cute XDD
It's acceptable for a heroine to be devious as long as she is extremely cute and can make her fandom faint from overcuteness on one NSFW image, that's a basic rule in my book
Old 2011-03-08, 19:37   Link #182
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It's acceptable for a heroine to be devious as long as she is extremely cute and can make her fandom faint from overcuteness on one NSFW image, that's a basic rule in my book
Agreed. The blond hair, purple eyes, and epic kawaii attitude. She's to awesome for words. O//O
Old 2011-03-09, 01:38   Link #183
dragon132004

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves
Agreed. The blond hair, purple eyes, and epic kawaii attitude. She's to awesome for words. O//O

Some fans may wanna IS to become Harem.. And it will be a nice suggestion there if it focused only Charlotte and Laura especially for their awesome cuteness sides, I mean imagine if IS started with these two female characters as the lead characters and a triangle love relationship that would be awesome nevertheless with the way things are going on now, I can only see Charlotte and Laura in the picture, I don't know why, may be the other girls didn't try to advance seriously like these two towards Ichika, and thanks to that, many have become their fans [That includes me of course ^.^]. Anyway, I see this episode showed the reason why Ichika fails to react properly to any girl advances towards him, All because of his older sister Chifuyu, she have a bigger influence than that what was projected earlier in the previous episodes ...

As for Houki, that girl is SERIOUSLY thinking that unless she got her own personal IS she can not get close to Ichika and get any better impression with him, Oh give me a break but again that's how she looks into things.. I don't have anything against her but she is neglecting the most impotent thing here, the communication, like how Charlotte and Laura started to do.
Old 2011-03-09, 03:51   Link #184
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post

As for Houki, that girl is SERIOUSLY thinking that unless she got her own personal IS she can not get close to Ichika and get any better impression with him, Oh give me a break but again that's how she looks into things.. I don't have anything against her but she is neglecting the most impotent thing here, the communication, like how Charlotte and Laura started to do.

I agree. Char and Laura have him on a more traditional scale, in contrast to how the others try to win his affection. I also agree that Houki feels as though she needs a personal IS in order to get close to Ichika because she feels as though she's the weakest in the group. So far Char and Laura have been getting most of the spotlight. I'm expecting to see episodes where it's focused on Cecilia and Rin. Buuuut, I hope that doesn't happens. Anyway.. Ichika x Char <3
Old 2011-03-09, 10:52   Link #185
dragon132004

Quote:
I agree. Char and Laura have him on a more traditional scale, in contrast to how the others try to win his affection. I also agree that Houki feels as though she needs a personal IS in order to get close to Ichika because she feels as though she's the weakest in the group. So far Char and Laura have been getting most of the spotlight. I'm expecting to see episodes where it's focused on Cecilia and Rin. Buuuut, I hope that doesn't happens. Anyway.. Ichika x Char <3

You bet... I wanna that too Ichika x Charlotte is Super Moe
Old 2011-03-09, 13:35   Link #186
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You bet... I wanna that too Ichika x Charlotte is Super Moe
I agree. They are perfect together, in my opinion X3
Old 2011-03-09, 18:51   Link #187
Kamonichan

Quote:
I agree. They are perfect together, in my opinion X3
Their only imperfection is that IchikaXLaura is equally perfect. That makes sense, because IchiLaura's only imperfection is IchiChar is equally perfect.

Somewhat of an aside, but what was with Chifuyu-nee's index fingers behind her back in this episode? Time mark 20:06~20:08, it's just a shot of her hands with index fingers extended. Does that have some sort of meaning I'm missing? Other than indicating the current 1v1 match of her against Char for Ichika's affection...
Old 2011-03-09, 19:08   Link #188
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Their only imperfection is that IchikaXLaura is equally perfect. That makes sense, because IchiLaura's only imperfection is IchiChar is equally perfect.

Somewhat of an aside, but what was with Chifuyu-nee's index fingers behind her back in this episode? Time mark 20:06~20:08, it's just a shot of her hands with index fingers extended. Does that have some sort of meaning I'm missing? Other than indicating the current 1v1 match of her against Char for Ichika's affection...
Kamonichan... As for Chifuyu-nee's index fingers signals, Have you played Volleyball or beach Volleyball in an official match? That's how the Libero [the captain] organize the serving and attack zones so that she/he can react properly to the counter attack.
Old 2011-03-10, 02:14   Link #189
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh so that's what it was...and here I was thinking she was just teasing me. Of course, if she had bent over like that while the camera was there...:faint:
Old 2011-03-10, 05:29   Link #190
eiyuu99

Spoiler:

Volleyball signal
If serving,
a. Placing two fingers split apart on your back indicates you will be serving to the side of the court that your partner is on.
b. If the finger or fingers point down to the ground that indicates a long serve into the back half of the court.
Old 2011-03-10, 14:16   Link #191
Arya

Quote:
mm, I disagree. Houki tried here and there, she started having some expectation due to their childhood, but it didn't work. She proposed her self as a tutor to spend more time with him. Then she even asked for a date. I mean, a very atipical tsundere here. So with the show time she got she tried hard
And it is true that not having a personal IS is handicap for her. In a sort of way is like in Shana, where the childhood girl, don't remeber her name, was out of the games because she didn't have any powers.
Plus these are speculations, the episode ended with Houki and Chifuyu-nee talking about the IS, so i could think that the real matter is not Ichika the dumb, but the global situation. And why Houki didn't go to the beach if she was so focused on Ichika? (put aside that writers have no time to show each girl ).
Old 2011-03-11, 03:21   Link #192
thisstooshallpass

First of all, I usually like Tsundere, but this just has to be said.

Char > Tsundere

She's pretty much an anti-tsundere.
Let's examine this in more depth shall we?

Char: Open and Honest with herself and Ichika
vs.
Tsundere: Not honest with self/sends mixed signals.

Char: Loyal and Dependable. Friendly.
vs.
Everyone else: Oozes green jelly from pores. Willing to sabotage other girl's attempts. Clingy stalker behavior.

Char: Has realistic reasons for liking Ichika, ie. he was willing to help her hide her gender.
vs.
Why exactly does Cecilia crush on him anyways?

Char: Realistic reactions to accidental pervert.
vs.
Tsundere: Overly violent reactions.

Char: Can take care of self in fight, despite having second generation suit. Has excellent teamwork with Ichika.
vs.
Laura in particular is horrible with allies, and all the others can hold their own. The others haven't had a chance to fight allongside Ichika yet, though.

Char: Can read the atmosphere and has a realistic grasp of the situation. She knows that she has a lot of rivals and that Ichika is as bright as a brick.
vs.
Jumping to conclusions and/or not reading Ichika very well.

Char: Has never been seen being jealous or clingy.
vs.
Seriously.

Char: Is sexy. Legs, breasts, face, eyes, hair, all perfect. And she knows how to use her assets without being too forward.
vs.
The rest of the girls at least stand a chance in this category depending on your tastes

Char: Is cute. Really cute.
vs.
Laura and Rin are kind of cute but....
Icchika no ecchi.
Need I say more?

Char: Actively pursues her love interest without being pushy.
vs.
Houki and Rin are too shy, and their advances are allways misunderstood since Ichikas sooo dense. Whereas Laura is extremely brash and socially inept and Cecilia is just plain slutty.

In summation, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but, not only is Char perfect, all the other girls provide barely any competition. Laura's the only one that's even close for me. In fact, let's revise our initial statement, she's not just the best girl, but the best character in this series, period.

Char > Everyone
Old 2011-03-11, 04:05   Link #193
Auron Requies

There was so much lol in this episode! Beach eps like these make a series really worth watching.
There were soo many highlights, but Ichika getting IS falcon punched was one of my favourites.

Charlotte also taking to 'Char' was cute as well, especially admitting more rivals, and mentioning Ichika's obliviousness/'dammitmanwhysodense XO" was a thumps up too. First impression of char also seemed to be a reference to Char Aznable of Gundam, but could it also be a reference to Rene Char, a french poet? Coincidence? Just wondering.

Btw, can't find the infinite stratos threads in the 'current series' sub forums and am using previous link means of posting here, is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?
Old 2011-10-08, 12:27   Link #194
taurosen

tabanes ring tone for houki

id love to get my hands on a file of this ringtone anyone care to help me find it so i can use as a ring tone for my android phone
Old 2011-10-08, 22:19   Link #195
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Youtube has it, I think.