Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-14, 22:44   Link #1
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
[Manga] Hidan's sycthe

Alright, here's what I don't get. For Hidan to perform his ritual, does the blood absolutely have to come from his sycthe? Looking at the fight Kakashi was just in, from chapter 334, there has to be some of his blood laying around somewhere. He could just use that instead. All he needs is a drop.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 23:48   Link #2
Slayerx

No, so far there's nothing indicating that the blood must come off of hiden's Sycthe... however, while kakashi did recieve some damage it doesn't look like it's the type of damage that would spill blood... not to mention the fact that their is no way to distinguish between whose blood is on the ground... hiden could end up picking up some of partner... not to mention he may kinda have to drop his guard a bit to scrape the blood off the ground... or maybe, he just thinks that's disgusting =P

Though i do question why Hiden uses a three bladed sycthe... i mean, i know the reason it has three blades is to increase the chance of a hit, but if it's main purpose is to simply cut the enemy then why doesn't hiden use a simplier weapon like a spiked whip... It would have similar range, be much faster and since the thing is covered in spikes, their is a much higher chances of it causing a cut... it doesn't have to be the whip though, i'm sure their are some other weapons that we can think of that would be faster and have a better chanse of drawing some blood...

on second thought though, he could always plan to use his ritual as a back up... So the reason he uses a sycthe is because when he attacks he plans on killing you with it, but if he manages to score a hit, but not a decieve one, he can fall back on his ritual to finish off his opponent instead... even if it does mean working with a slower weapon... kind of a trade off i guess....

(not to mention a sycthe betters fits the whole grim reaper thing he's going for)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 01:32   Link #3
Sogoro
Desu

Hidan seems to be the type of person who likes Style, or stuff thats not needed and over the top... Like Deidra and his(lol almost typed her) art in the style sense. Hidan's ritual has that flashy act thing going on. You have been judged, ect ect...
Sogoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 03:39   Link #4
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Seems he's able to make his scythe alot bigger anyway like for range n stuff he could hit a target that was alot bigger or further away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
but if it's main purpose is to simply cut the enemy then why doesn't hiden use a simplier weapon like a spiked whip... It would have similar range, be much faster and since the thing is covered in spikes
Maybe it wouldn't be so good close range? >.<
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 04:22   Link #5
Xrayz0r
Banned

The fact that it's long and has 3 spikes means nothing but that his skill level is so low he would never be able to cut someone short range. But even if he could, it's all just to improve chance of cutting someone...which is basically all he needs.
The point is, without his religion, he doesn't seem capable of shit. He relies on a huge scyte, immortality and mediocre battle skills to be able to catch them off guard (I mean who the hell gives a shit about a cut?..before they know what he's capable of) and start the curse.
Xrayz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 09:35   Link #6
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

Although Hidan solo his crap he really fits nicely with Kakuzo in team-work !
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 14:49   Link #7
prolifik

I think that the only reason why Hidan has a scythe as a weapon is because Kishi wanted to show his similarities to the Grim Reaper.
prolifik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 17:41   Link #8
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Actually Hidan's Taijutsu skills are very high. He completely outskilled Asuma who was primarily a close combat fighter and can fight toe to toe with Kakashi despites the Sharingan.
Hidan would be incredibly dangerous -well more than he already is- if he wasn't brain-dead.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 09:04   Link #9
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
The fact that it's long and has 3 spikes means nothing but that his skill level is so low he would never be able to cut someone short range. But even if he could, it's all just to improve chance of cutting someone...which is basically all he needs.
The point is, without his religion, he doesn't seem capable of shit. He relies on a huge scyte, immortality and mediocre battle skills to be able to catch them off guard.
You are smoking stuff again. Hidan is extremly skilled, Asuma lost to him and Kakashi only barely match this speed despite Sharingan. Of course Hidan wouldn't be as great if he didn't have his religion and ability, just like Jiraiya wouldn't be fearsome without frogs. That's fairly obvious.

Quote:
(I mean who the hell gives a shit about a cut?..before they know what he's capable of) and start the curse.
Who gives a shit about a kunai before they know it's capable of teleport? I guess that Yondaime isn't so great. :P
Bijuu Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:23   Link #10
Xrayz0r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Actually Hidan's Taijutsu skills are very high. He completely outskilled Asuma who was primarily a close combat fighter and can fight toe to toe with Kakashi despites the Sharingan.
Hidan would be incredibly dangerous -well more than he already is- if he wasn't brain-dead.
"My attacks are the slowest in akatsuki and the least skilled".

What are you gonna say now?
Old 2006-12-16, 12:05   Link #11
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

Quote:

Being not as fast as guys like Itachi and Deidara isn't really slow.
Old 2006-12-16, 14:35   Link #12
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Don't knock hidan's taijutsu. For the slowest member in akatsuki, he's pretty darn quick. Remember how during the first initial ambush by asuma's squad, he managed to dodge everything they threw at him until shika's shadow bind got him. He also managed to cut asuma during close combat and tag kakashi once or twice in his latest encounter. Hidan is pretty fast indeed and the fact that he can make his scythe and the rope holding it freakishly large and freakishly long somehow only makes him more dangerous.

One of the things I've wondered about hidan is that after he cuts someone, he runs to that circle in the ground and transforms. Is that circle predrawn? Where does it come from? How does it get there?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 14:56   Link #13
ri0

Quote:

That still doesn't make him slow in comparison to other shinobi... Akatsuki are all superskilled shinobi.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 22:47   Link #14
DAmer
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post

One of the things I've wondered about hidan is that after he cuts someone, he runs to that circle in the ground and transforms. Is that circle predrawn? Where does it come from? How does it get there?
He summons the circle using his sumoning jutsu.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 23:20   Link #15
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate
He drew/draws the circle with blood using his foot. I think it was his blood he uses/used.

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-12-16 at 23:41.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 04:25   Link #16
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

Hidan is one of the best Akatsuki. I think he will survive this fight and escape. Kakuzu will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
He drew/draws the circle with blood using his foot. I think it was his blood he uses/used.
It makes sense.
Old 2006-12-17, 17:45   Link #17
Xrayz0r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijuu Killer View Post
Being not as fast as guys like Itachi and Deidara isn't really slow.
Heheheh.

Cornered eh?
Old 2006-12-17, 18:10   Link #18
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
That still doesn't make him slow in comparison to other shinobi... Akatsuki are all superskilled shinobi.
True, but that still doesn't change the fact that Hidan has the I. Q. of a tomato. I think what Hidan meant was, he has about jonin speed. Where as Akatsuki in general has kage speed. Though I'm sure when your hanging around shinobi monsters all the time, you'd feel a bit slow too. Heres the way I see it as far as Hidan's over all skills go:

1. Speed- Jonin
2. Strength-Jonin
3. Ninja skills- Kage
4. Intelligence- *fart noise*
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 18:13   Link #19
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
True, but that still doesn't change the fact that Hidan has the I. Q. of a tomato.
Which is true... but that wasn't the point
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 19:13   Link #20
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Which is true... but that wasn't the point
I know, I just like making random statements.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote