AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 13:47   Link #4661
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I always thought Wendy was alot younger than 12 years old, like maybe 8 or 10 years old?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:47   Link #4662
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
12? So does that officially make her 19 because of the time skip? Wow, otaku's dream... a legal loli.
I ROFLed for great justice at this
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:18   Link #4663
Ushio the Omega

Lol Fairy Tail ties Medaka box in ratings (not good since Medaka is on at 01.50am)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/bb....php?t=1053648

I knew Fairy Tail's ratings were shit but I think this is now lower than Bleach.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 09:14   Link #4664
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
I always thought Wendy was alot younger than 12 years old, like maybe 8 or 10 years old?
Nope, she's 12. Probably pushing 13 at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Lol Fairy Tail ties Medaka box in ratings (not good since Medaka is on at 01.50am)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/bb....php?t=1053648

I knew Fairy Tail's ratings were shit but I think this is now lower than Bleach.
That would be worrysome if the ratings for the entire block for that day didn't look like this:

*1.3%(*1.7%) 05/05 (Sat) 9:00am-9:30am TV Tokyo Tottoko Hamtaro Dechu
*1.2%(*2.9%) 05/05 (Sat) 9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Jewelpet Kira☆Deco—!
*0.8%(*1.8%) 05/05 (Sat) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
*0.8%(*1.4%) 05/05 (Sat) 10:30am-11:00am TV Tokyo FAIRY TAIL

It's pretty clear the entire block took a hit in ratings due to Golden Week.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 13:37   Link #4665
sergel02

Tho a different timeslot might help boost up ratings. The top shows are either Sunday morning or at night sometime. Anyway, I'd be more worried if it wasn't a franchise. The movie is releasing soon, and the latest volume of the manga is the best selling one yet. Usually an anime helps promote the manga and other stuff. Plus, it is a filler arc as well. It's a good filler arc, but ya know how fans are, some will refuse to watch it cuz it's filler. During the climax of the last arc it got around 2.5%.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 17:52   Link #4666
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Tho a different timeslot might help boost up ratings. The top shows are either Sunday morning or at night sometime. Anyway, I'd be more worried if it wasn't a franchise. The movie is releasing soon, and the latest volume of the manga is the best selling one yet. Usually an anime helps promote the manga and other stuff. Plus, it is a filler arc as well. It's a good filler arc, but ya know how fans are, some will refuse to watch it cuz it's filler. During the climax of the last arc it got around 2.5%.
The Japanese version of chapter 282 said that the current arc was being well-received in Japan, at least according to the translation of that chapter (I know enough Japanese to sort of tell that's what was being said).

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:03   Link #4667
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
The Japanese version of chapter 282 said that the current arc was being well-received in Japan, at least according to the translation of that chapter (I know enough Japanese to sort of tell that's what was being said).
Do you happen to have a link to it (i know Japanese too so maybe i can get something from it too)?
Old 2012-05-23, 19:30   Link #4668
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Do you happen to have a link to it (i know Japanese too so maybe i can get something from it too)?
Here's an image of a translation that left the statement untranslated (it's right under the title):

Spoiler for Chapter image:

Old 2012-05-24, 09:32   Link #4669
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Personally I take that as nothing more significant than a marketing claim. If it's doing poorly, they aren't going to announce it, they'll claim it's doing great to get more people to watch it. If it's doing decent, they aren't going to say that, they'll claim it's doing great to get even more people watching it. And if it's doing great they'll boast about that to get yet more people watching it.

In general I wouldn't be worried too much. Fairy Tail took a big hit to it's ratings from the time slot change, yes. Saturday morning shows don't have nearly as many adults sitting down to watch them live as Monday evening shows do. However the ratings it does get are reasonably comparable to the other shows in the same block. It tends to lag slightly behind them, but that's kind of expected. Later in the morning = more people getting up to leave and do other things. In a block consisting of Tottoko Hamtaro Dechu, Jewelpet Kira Deco—!, Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream, and Fairy Tail; Fairy Tail's pretty much the odd man out as far as who it's likely to attract, and what's on after it is golf.

Bottom line is that while it's only doing so-so from a raw ratings standpoint, it's likely performing within their expectations.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 21:28   Link #4670
sergel02

Saw episode 132

lol I enjoyed this episode, though watching it while having a headache made everything not make any sense.

But it's cute, a guy finally as a crush on Lucy =P
And in the next episode it looks like we get to see more Levy and some Lyon finally.

Wonder where Gildarts went off too though?
Old 2012-05-25, 21:51   Link #4671
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 132:
Old 2012-05-25, 21:52   Link #4672
immblueversion

Well, I think it's safe to say that the guy resembling Cobra is not Cobra after all, not because their names are different ("Cobra" was never his name to begin with), but because of their voices. Still, I'm keeping an eye on him.

Oh, and one more thing: did ANYONE not get freaked out by that book? I have never been freaked out by Fairy Tail since they started playing up the whole "Karen" incident.

Old 2012-05-25, 23:08   Link #4673
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Some really Adam-West-Batman style logic going on here.

And FT is still getting owned, even when it's pretty much 1 opponent. I'm almost a bit disappointed in Erza here. But maybe this will be used to showcase how far the world has come in the 7 years they've been out, and thus make Erza think she has to get stronger.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 23:12   Link #4674
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
But maybe this will be used to showcase how far the world has come in the 7 years they've been out, and thus make Erza think she has to get stronger.
I've kept that logic in mind from the start. Thinking that, what's to get so worked up about when everyone keeps getting owned?

Also:

Spoiler for Episode 132:

Old 2012-05-25, 23:48   Link #4675
molitar

Wow.. looks like I was correct in this is most likely Edolas Magic. Erza, said it herself what type of magic is this and the Legion is run by an Exceed from Edolas but appears he retained his memory unlike others. They are using artifacts and not innate magic it appears or maybe a combination of both it appears so Fairy Tail is being owned.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 00:40   Link #4676
sergel02

i think it's a mix of the enemies being powerful and Fairy Tail not knowing what their magic is and how it works. I don't really get why people are surprised that Fairy Tails getting beat.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:28   Link #4677
tetsuo69

i dont know why but ft is becoming boring in the last few ep imo
Old 2012-05-26, 02:09   Link #4678
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
I'm the opposite, I've been loving them. Though last week's episode did drag on a bit. I think the lack of action may have something to do with it.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:02   Link #4679
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
im with you there,
I was hoping they were at least gonna do natsu house visit(sp manga chapter) before these fillers too
Old 2012-05-26, 11:46   Link #4680
ookamigirl

Everyone was pretty down since that attack.
Seems like those Legion guys are pretty serious opponents.
Lucy visiting her home was a nice touch.
At least they managed to find an interesting book and some more clues.
That Samuel cat was pretty annoying with his cool behavior.
Chibi Natsu was totally cute!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen