Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 12:19   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
That was a lame ship. Tsuyu deserves better man. Heck, even Ka-chan is better choice here. Hope the writer knew that.

Mineta? I think this guys probably were from a rich family and his parents bribed HARD the organization to let their child enter CLASS A, otherwise, this doesn't make sense at all for him to enter the CLASS A with a quirk that offers 0 damage.
Yeah, I think you have to presume some bribery was involved. Either that or when creating all the quirks for the classmates the author completely forgot about the entrance exam .
Old 2015-02-01, 13:17   Link #202
ellifeedn
Thinker

Was he even at the entrance exam?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 13:45   Link #203
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
One big question that i have about this manga is, how the heck did mineta ever get into A-class in the first place?
That is a very valid question... The problem is not just his quirk but his mentality. His quirk has no offensive damage which would make it hard to utilize during the exam, but he is also cowardly and lacks self-confidence. He does have a decent head on his shoulders, but his lack of confidence and his cowardous would most likely prevent him from doing anything useful with his quirk during the exam. If he were smarter and more confident himself then i could believe him finding a way to use his quirk during the exam, but not as he currently is

granted, if you could score points by just immobilizing a villain bot, then he may have just thrown a bunch of sticky balls and got them stuck in place... it actually wouldn't be that hard for him to d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
OH God...I hope not. I like him, he's a very funny character...but come on, it's Tsuyu, she deserves better D:
Agreed. Not only does Tsuyu deserve better, but Mineta is at his most hilarious when he's harassing sexy girls

Heck, i'd ship him with Momo just for the shear hilarity of it all.
Old 2015-02-01, 14:07   Link #204
Breimoon

well, when he uses them they can bounce so he could have just bounced all over the place saving the dolls.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 14:24   Link #205
marvelB

Geez, I think you guys are being a little too harsh on poor Mineta. Sure, he's a skirt-chaser and a bit cowardly, but the guy tries his best, too! Though as far as his passing the entrance exam goes, I'm more inclined to agree with Slayerx that he could've gotten points for immobilizing those robots rather than outright destroying them. But personally, I was always more curious about his performance during the trial of battle (where, incidentally, he was also teamed up with Momo at the time)....

Though I also gotta say that I don't see him and Tsuyu advancing beyond the friendship/comrade stage either, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
well, when he uses them they can bounce so he could have just bounced all over the place saving the dolls.

Uh, can we be even be sure that super-sticky balls can even bounce!?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 14:32   Link #206
Breimoon

It is confirmed by the manga itself that they bounce when used by Mineta himself. He got infinite points on sidejumping that way (he put them on and was just bouncing left and right without stop). So yeah, we can be sure they can bounce.
Old 2015-02-01, 14:40   Link #207
homohominilupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Okay,about this pic,how did he stick himself to Momo if he said that his quirk just bounces off if he uses it on himself?
But anyway,you can't say that he doesn't have plenty of balls
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 15:53   Link #208
Slayerx

Random thoughts...
There is just something i find so adorable about invisible girl when she's going after Deku. I love Gadget Girl and i do rather hope she sticks around. How did mineta lose his headband? his plan seemed perfect. All Might as a rider with the other teachers as his horse? Hilarious. Y'know i really can seem to find something loveable about so many of these characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But personally, I was always more curious about his performance during the trial of battle (where, incidentally, he was also teamed up with Momo at the time)....
Well Momo is a genius so she could make good use of him.
Battle trial is a place where he could shine. His quirk actually is really good for hero work; namely the part about capturing villians. He could capture the "villian" team by nailing them with a couple of balls, or if he was on the villian side, he could set up traps; if the heroes aren't careful about where they step they'll find themselves immobilized.

Quote:
Uh, can we be even be sure that super-sticky balls can even bounce!?
They bounce off of him. They stick to any surface except himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by homohominilupus View Post
Okay,about this pic,how did he stick himself to Momo if he said that his quirk just bounces off if he uses it on himself?
But anyway,you can't say that he doesn't have plenty of balls
Well, while he might be immune to their stickiness the same might not be said for his clothing. As such his shoes, pants and shirt are stuck to her butt, and hold him in place

Though that does bring up one other plot hole... namely the fact that his hero costume includes gloves which should not be immune to his stickiness. He should be barehanded. I guess they could say that their are certain materials not effected by his stickiness and thus his gloves could be made from that material. Explanation needed
Old 2015-02-01, 16:34   Link #209
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Momo is the kind of perfect woman dat don't need no man
and if she did, I'd probably hate the guy out of jealousy
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 22:08   Link #210
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
It is confirmed by the manga itself that they bounce when used by Mineta himself. He got infinite points on sidejumping that way (he put them on and was just bouncing left and right without stop). So yeah, we can be sure they can bounce.
Quote:
They bounce off of him. They stick to any surface except himself

Ah, I had already forgotten about that and checked back for myself. Thanks for the reminder, guys. And upon further consideration, the fact that he can bounce himself off those balls could make for a rather effective defensive maneuver if he plays his cards right. Rather makes me look forward to how well he'll handle himself in future battles against villains....

And speaking of villains, I still wouldn't overlook the possibility of any of them crashing the sports festival. Not necessarily people from Shigaraki's gang (it looked like he was watching the event on TV anyway), but.... well, let's say that I'm still expecting there to be a traitor on the heroes' side.....
Old 2015-02-03, 00:10   Link #211
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayf82 View Post
does thta mean his mom is a ice girl?
he remained me of Flazzard
Same here. Flazzard was pretty OP during that time.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 22:07   Link #212
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
One big question that i have about this manga is, how the heck did mineta ever get into A-class in the first place?
Quote:
That is a very valid question... The problem is not just his quirk but his mentality. His quirk has no offensive damage which would make it hard to utilize during the exam, but he is also cowardly and lacks self-confidence. He does have a decent head on his shoulders, but his lack of confidence and his cowardous would most likely prevent him from doing anything useful with his quirk during the exam. If he were smarter and more confident himself then i could believe him finding a way to use his quirk during the exam, but not as he currently is

granted, if you could score points by just immobilizing a villain bot, then he may have just thrown a bunch of sticky balls and got them stuck in place... it actually wouldn't be that hard for him to do.
Quote:
Geez, I think you guys are being a little too harsh on poor Mineta. Sure, he's a skirt-chaser and a bit cowardly, but the guy tries his best, too! Though as far as his passing the entrance exam goes, I'm more inclined to agree with Slayerx that he could've gotten points for immobilizing those robots rather than outright destroying them. But personally, I was always more curious about his performance during the trial of battle (where, incidentally, he was also teamed up with Momo at the time)....
I'm thinking something similar, though fundamentally different. I suspect that, upon being stuck to the ground, the robot's didn't notice and ended up breaking their legs/limbs, thus "destroying" them.

Edit: That is to say, because the test robot's are non-sentient and have no sense of touch, they don't know or understand that their foot's stuck to the ground and end up breaking their own limb at a joint trying to move it. This will cause them to fall onto the ground at a considerable force, probably breaking them.

Last edited by Darius Drake; 2015-02-04 at 03:18.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 12:47   Link #213
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Spoiler for Raw 29:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 13:19   Link #214
marvelB

Spoiler for 29:
Old 2015-02-05, 22:03   Link #215
Heat066

Spoiler for 29:
Old 2015-02-06, 00:34   Link #216
Sixth
Hu Tao

Spoiler for Comments for 29:
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 02:40   Link #217
Blankdom

Quote:
Spoiler for 29:
Spoiler for Not really, just commenting:
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 07:16   Link #218
R.LocK
My turn

Wait for Fallen Angels.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 08:39   Link #219
Breimoon

Vomic streaming is out by the way, just look on official website.
Old 2015-02-06, 12:46   Link #220
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot