AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-24, 10:33   Link #121
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Wait... what happened to seeing Misaki and Mitori do some stuff?

I guess that's the next arc...
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:36   Link #122
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post

I just said that in the bottom page of the last post LOL
my god, but what did you think about my comment about the filler?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:37   Link #123
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Well sucks that we can't confirm that the remaining clone is Full-Tuning (though by now its 90% confirmed).

But what about Touma, Gunha and Mikoto interaction? What about the shadow metal mystery? What happened to Gensei?

...At least we get the folk dance.

And with the conclusion of the Gremlin Saga in the light novels, it looks like we are about to move into new territory in the Index:NT light novels, Railgun manga and Accelerator manga. Exciting times.
Old 2014-05-24, 10:45   Link #124
Miraluka
Banned

As usual: the plot got dealt off screen, Mikoto doesn't knows about it nor tries to pursue the mattter about her clone, Gensei, Misaki or even Touma and the mc lives her life as usual no big change there.

Heck, all the plot build up to end it like this? It feels like I'm watching Kaminomi's manga again ........ orz

I don't think even Misaki can save this arc from going higher than a 6 or 7/10 but I need the scans for her part with Mitori, damn you Japan, why you post only the pages with Saten and Kuroko taking Mikoto away from Touma but don't post the ones with Mitori and Misaki that's the plot for godsake!

Quote:

Do you really think so? That's like asking what happened to Accelerator after his defeat or Touma's right hand in this manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Well sucks that we can't confirm that the remaining clone is Full-Tuning (though by now its 90% confirmed).
Looks like isn't mentioned.

Quote:
But what about Touma, Gunha and Mikoto interaction? What about the shadow metal mystery? What happened to Gensei?
Off screen as usual.

Quote:
...At least we get the folk dance.
Kuroko hijacked this though

Quote:
And with the conclusion of the Gremlin Saga in the light novels, it looks like we are about to move into new territory in the Index:NT light novels, Railgun manga and Accelerator manga. Exciting times.
I wonder and hope this manga skips right to the time after vol.13. Vol.15 to be precise.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-05-24 at 10:56.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:15   Link #125
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
As usual: the plot got dealt off screen, Mikoto doesn't knows about it nor tries to pursue the mattter about her clone, Gensei, Misaki or even Touma and the mc lives her life as usual no big change there.

Heck, all the plot build up to end it like this? It feels like I'm watching Kaminomi's manga again ........ orz

I don't think even Misaki can save this arc from going higher than a 6 or 7/10 but I need the scans for her part with Mitori, damn you Japan, why you post only the pages with Saten and Kuroko taking Mikoto away from Touma but don't post the ones with Mitori and Misaki that's the plot for godsake!

Do you really think so? That's like asking what happened to Accelerator after his defeat or Touma's right hand in this manga
Yeah you're right. This is Kamachi and he will bring it up volumes later.

Overall, it felt dragged on. The pacing was whack.

I'll go as far as to say Full-Tuning is for Index. Unless there are missing pages.
Old 2014-05-24, 11:17   Link #126
GDB

Quote:
Silly, didn't you know anything Mikoto x Touma (even them not being together) is the plot? What is this other nonsense you speak?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:47   Link #127
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
There is a summary already out, but no spoiler pics, so it could be fake. Read with caution!
Spoiler for summary - english:
Spoiler for ch 71:

I'm really curious about the other clone because, if Misaki already knows where she is I don't think she was going to wait before doing it. She was also going to turn Mitori in after solving that issue.

Although maybe on next arc we will learn she went to where she was supposed to find the clone and it was abandoned. And Misaki may have yet to discover where she was taken.
Old 2014-05-24, 11:59   Link #128
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yeah you're right. This is Kamachi and he will bring it up volumes later.
Like Xochitl?
Old 2014-05-24, 12:39   Link #129
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
There is a summary already out, but no spoiler pics, so it could be fake. Read with caution!

Spoiler for summary - japanese:
Spoiler for summary - english:

But if it is really the ending.. then how to describe my feelings?
Disappointment? I expected far more than that.
I hope that is not the real thing.

PS: if the part with next chapter is true, then there will be a 2 month hiatus?
This month is July issue, next is August, then September and then October issue which should come out 27.8. 2014
The "creepy guy" part is a mistranslation it was actually talking about Misaki.

Spoiler for Fixed part of summary:
pkmntrainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 04:22   Link #130
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
The "creepy guy" part is a mistranslation it was actually talking about Misaki.

Spoiler for Fixed part of summary:
Lol. Sounds fun. The dance sounds fun. So I'm guessing the metal will be important in future arcs. So Gensei survived this arc...?!!! That would set up more interesting things soon enough. That's rather exciting.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:00   Link #131
Acer
Death to the infidels!

NT 10, disappointing end - checked.
Railgun manga, Daihensai arc, silly end - checked.
Accelerator manga- awaiting.

I would give it an 8 for this arc if Mikoto had done something more important than just being a lab rat.

well, let's hope more information.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 13:43   Link #132
Miraluka
Banned

Well it ended, and as an ending it didn't closed properly the plot that build up leaving the rest to the (LN) readers to make it up themselves, the pace was dragging and there were chapters that were boring and they needed to add Gunha and Touma to raise up the hype, Misaki did well but got shafted at the end.

Decent arc but could have been better. 6/10

Quote:
I hope the entire chapter is not going to be flashback to Mitori.

As for the unresolved stuff:
- What will happen with the Shadow Metal?
- Why was Saten and Touma 's meeting skipped?
- What about the memories of Kuroko and co.?
- What is going to happen to Mitori and Gensei?
- Where is XOCHITL!!!?
- What about the unconscious Sister and Kongou?
- When is Mikoto going to have her dance with Touma?
- How is AC going to cover for destruction of tenths of buildings.
- Is Misaki going te get away just by jiggling her tits remote?
- Is Aleister going to do anything?
lol
Poor zaeraal
Old 2014-05-25, 14:29   Link #133
Acer
Death to the infidels!

know, some people might think I'm being hater, but I never believed and do not believe that Aleister will appear in Railgun someday.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 14:36   Link #134
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Since I'm a Toumafag and Misaki's ripped Daihaiseisai outfit is a miracle of the universe... I gave it an 8.

Outside of that, the pacing was awful, those stupid 19 page chapters, I will never forget, lol. And if this truly ends it then it really resolved nothing... and I guess it'll just transfer over to Index. Which is kind of annoying.
Old 2014-05-25, 17:57   Link #135
Death Usagi
Banned

Makes me question why they released railgun as like 19 pages per chapter when that's like the length for weekly manga .__.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 18:06   Link #136
GDB

That's totally more than a weekly manga. Those are only 17 pages (if you include the cover page).
Old 2014-05-25, 20:19   Link #137
zaeraal

Quote:
Well it ended, and as an ending it didn't closed properly the plot that build up leaving the rest to the (LN) readers to make it up themselves, the pace was dragging and there were chapters that were boring and they needed to add Gunha and Touma to raise up the hype, Misaki did well but got shafted at the end.

Decent arc but could have been better. 6/10

lol
Poor zaeraal
Yeah, this ending has really killed it for me, I probably wont be willing to wait for the next arc anymore.
It had pretty much turned this decent arc into nothing more than a filler arc.
I probably should not have had any expectations in the first place.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 21:07   Link #138
GDB

To be fair, were you really expecting anything from an arc that took place a long time ago by novel standards? Usually when spinoffs cover events that far back, it's more of a "Hey, check this out" than "Hey, here's some important ramifications on the story proper!"
Old 2014-05-26, 03:55   Link #139
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Well, at this point the greatest thing about last chapter, which I'll focus on, to look at the silver lining in all of this, is that indeed we now know railgun is going to continue for a lot longer since nothing got resolved. I see that as a good thing instead of a bad thing. It just means all of the plot threads are going to be more enmeshed and increase in magnitude until it eventually becomes relevant to the main plot.

That is rather exciting to me in all honestly. It also likely means that we'll either see more of Misaki/Mitori later on in Railgun, or they'll get their own spin-off story, which is in my eyes even better news.

I don't see why Kamachi would just leave it at that. He will mention these things again. It's a great feeling for me to know that there will be more great stuff later, than the feeling of a quick epic ending, and no more amazing stuff in the future.

This was a much better outcome to the alternative you guys were thinking about which really just would have ended up being disappointing.

(First logical thing I said all night...)
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 07:25   Link #140
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
know, some people might think I'm being hater, but I never believed and do not believe that Aleister will appear in Railgun someday.
This is a spin-off after all. I would be very surprised if he appeared at all.

Looking at the spoilers, this is actually the chapter I expected to see last month. I was surprised the manga took the time to give us Mitori's back story and her team up with Misaki. As others have said Railgun is the focus of this manga, so stuff like shadow metal and what Misaki/Mitori are doing behind the scene were never going to get touched on.

I doubt that Misaki/Mitori will appear as an anime original arc, since I doubt Misaki would want Mikoto to be involved. Shadow metal has a slight chance of being used in an original arc I think.

So this arc closes out with the folk dance as many of us expected. The most disappointing part for me was we never got to see Kuroko interact with Touma before her memory was reset. I will give this arc an 8. Touma appearing gave the final number a boost, but the pacing (short chapters) caused this arc to drag on longer than it should have.

I'm curious to see when the next arc is going to take place.