Notices

Old 2008-08-02, 14:19   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Crying already ;___;

The feeling it gives really can't be expressed in words imo.

And for those who don't know yet, ep 4 has been subbed
It really is a song that can invoke some strong emotions. Kind of going along with the series itself in how it can make you feel.

Liked Sasada's character and was something to have her try so hard to thank the guy who returned the charm. In the end he left, but having someone (along with Reiko apparently) not seeing him as impure meant a lot. A sad story for that guy to be turned into something dark due to a merchants greed.

Almost thought that Natsume's secret would be told to her at some point. But guess after all that's happened letting a normal person know still isn't something he's capable of. Obviously by the end she does know, but it will be something they won't acknowledge to each other yet. Hope she stays involved even while the story spreads out to other situations.
Old 2008-08-02, 15:50   Link #122
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisama
Spoiler for Nyanko-sensei:
Spoiler for Ep4:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 17:28   Link #123
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 4. Sawashiro Miyuki is outstanding as the voice of Sasada. Unlike some, this is probably the episode I have enjoyed most. And the ED, of course is always moving.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 17:55   Link #124
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Spoiler for Ep4:
Ah yes it was...it did hit me back then but I forgot to check by the end of the ep but now that I have, I know for sure that he did take her form.

Reiko is really interesting...makes me thing how much of a connection nyanko has with her (and iirc, his name isn't in the book so we can't say that she beat him in a match). I would be really chuffed if it turns out that nyanko has been asked by her to protect Natsume or something like that

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 19:04   Link #125
kaisama

They look different in my eyes so I will not assume anything until I know more about sensei and Reiko story.

I watch to much SZS, now I to scare to assume anything, duh
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 23:39   Link #126
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 4

I thought they could have made a bit more out of Sasada's character, but I guess what we got was OK. The yokai are so interesting, though, which is what makes this such an absorbing episodic anime. They all have this humanity about them, and they a lot of them seemingly embody a lot of the sadder emotions, loneliness the most obvious example. I loved how it turned out that the reason why Shigure didn't show himself to accept Sasada's apology was because he didn't want her to stop visiting him. There have been a few of these cases of humans and yokai almost connecting across the two different worlds, but not quite. It's such a bitter-sweet concept, and this show has been amazing in the way it's explored it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 04:58   Link #127
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Sasada is very cute
NyankoGirl is very HAWT

Though the previous episode was more touching, this was still a good one.
Old 2008-08-03, 05:02   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisama View Post
They look different in my eyes so I will not assume anything until I know more about sensei and Reiko story.

I watch to much SZS, now I to scare to assume anything, duh
I'm pretty sure that was indeed Reiko's form since he was voiced by Sanae Kobayashi in that form (Reiko's VA). She used a more boy-ish voice but I'm positive it was her.

I'm loving Nyanko-sensei more and more with each ep, his surprise headbutt to Sasada made me laugh so hard, I really didn't see that coming
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 07:09   Link #129
kaisama

there's still some character in the opening haven't appear yet, but I really fond of that cat ears girl in the opening(not sure if it cat ears), hope she not some youkai that appear just one ep.
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 07:57   Link #130
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Oh gee. I never saw that cat turning into a girl ala Kuugen. /sarcasm

Strangely, in this ep, I almost disliked Natsume for shunning Sasada's approach even though I can understand why he did it as to not get her into his world of encountering demons all the time.

But it looks like Sasada knew Natsume was lying to her that he couldn't see them. It's weird, because his loneliness definitely is not only his own. He's basically hurting others or at least distancing others just the same.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 08:54   Link #131
vspirit
...huh?

Spoiler for Episode 4:
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:17   Link #132
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

The only thing that I still don't understand is after Natsume return the names to the rightful owner, why did they fade or disappear like that? They don't actually died or something like that, right? I think walking away is much better than fading away like that.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 04:25   Link #133
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresnik View Post
The only thing that I still don't understand is after Natsume return the names to the rightful owner, why did they fade or disappear like that? They don't actually died or something like that, right? I think walking away is much better than fading away like that.
Actually I think the yokai in episode 4 actually did die. It basically was surviving on Sasada's daily visits and having it's name in the book. Yokai live at least partially on belief (episode 2) and having the name in the book sort of proves the yokai exists probably.
Although we have seen yokai not disapear so it really depends on whether the yokai have much reason to live.

Anyway from the preview it seems there is a hairy yokai at a railway station which isn't one of the yokai in the opening. We still have four yokai we have seen in the opening which we haven't seen in the series plus the smoking women and the man with the lizard crawling on him who are probably yokai as well. I wonder which episodes they'll be introduced in.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 06:44   Link #134
FireChick

Episode 5 is out! I finished watching it recently! That was a cute episode! I love that big furry guy whose name was Santo! He's all random and cute and he kept hugging Takashi and stuff! Hahaha! Mikuri was cute too! He's a mean version of Otamamon (Digimon)! Does Santo look like a cross between a bear and a moose? He kinda looks like one to me. He's also VERY BAD at describing things. He's like me a little! I have bad wording too!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 07:43   Link #135
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Need more Sasada! Slowly turning into a stalker, aren't we?

All that said, my Gaydar is on haywire. Damn black haired dude that's the son of the monk lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 11:13   Link #136
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Need more Sasada! Slowly turning into a stalker, aren't we?
I know just what you are thinking

But it was great to see that Sanada coming back as a recurring character ^^

ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 11:30   Link #137
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i am wondering what kind of relationship Reika had with nyanko-sensei.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-06, 16:19   Link #138
vspirit
...huh?

Hmm...I stand corrected. Looks like the youkai-race will be on, after all. Good. It's a great chapter.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 16:20   Link #139
SkoolRumble4Ya

Episode 5 is out go grab it suckers.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 18:41   Link #140
Jehuty

Sigh, these episodes

they all pass so fast

it feels like I've been watching it for barely 10 minutes, and it's over! bah.

but yes, episode 5 was sweet. Santo is awesome

Madara is super awesome too. I mean, c'mon. he obviously cares for Natsume.

And we need a new ending. New ED please, I can't stand it anymore. All these tears! arg.

Tags
brains-base, fantasy, supernatural, yokai