AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-08-07, 10:21   Link #3041
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Anemia isn't low blood sugar, it's low red blood cell count, generally caused by malnutrition. Because you don't have enough blood cells to carry all the oxygen you need, you get tired easily or faint if you don't have enough for your brain.

Low blood sugar is hypoglycemia, which has similar symptoms for what I assume are different reasons.
Ah that's right I always confuse hypoglycemia and anemia, dang similar symptoms always tricking me and what not.
Le Zeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 20:37   Link #3042
klowny
OH NO

silly question

what the heck is a Variable shift ? (applying for a job)
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 00:07   Link #3043
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
what the heck is a Variable shift ? (applying for a job)
So, if there's a company that operates for 24 hour non-stop (or maybe less), usually the people are working in a "shift", in a turn. As example, A works in the morning, and B in the evening. Variable shift means that A doesn't always works in the morning, he can sometime asked (or request) to work in the evening.

At least that's how it's work in my country....

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 00:37   Link #3044
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furuno View Post
Variable shift means that A doesn't always works in the morning, he can sometime asked (or request) to work in the evening.
It's not always an option (at least it's not over here). If you accept the job, then you must be ready and willing to work during anytime of the day........ even late night shifts. >_<
Old 2009-08-08, 01:19   Link #3045
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It always means you may change which shift you work any given week (day, evening, night). Most places I've worked with such things usually had a rotating schedule - each week you'd roll forward 8 hours.
week 1 - 8am report
week 2 - 4pm report
week 3 - midnight report
rinse - repeat.

Sliding to earlier shifts is usually quite hard on the bio-rhythms so most places have learned to bump shifts forward. Beware any workplace that jumps you randomly or bumps shifts backward -- they usually have a much higher accident rate (d'uh).
Old 2009-08-08, 16:58   Link #3046
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
silly question:
has anyone else been having problems getting on livejournal, for the past 2 days everything seems offline
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 17:52   Link #3047
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
silly question:
has anyone else been having problems getting on livejournal, for the past 2 days everything seems offline
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/08/te...ref=technology

DDOS Attack, hit a bunch of shit.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 18:01   Link #3048
Kitsu
The unlucky one

^
Thanks, I wondered that as well
Old 2009-08-08, 23:57   Link #3049
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
I thought so, google however was only giving me news reports of a DDoS attack of 2006 lol
thank you very much
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 00:04   Link #3050
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
This may seems a strange thing to ask but do you guys actually feel good after being sad. Lately i have been listening and watching some sadness inducing songs/dramas. It made me sad with tears welling but after it is over i actually felt good and happier. It made me want to keep doing it (addicted lol).

So i was wondering if it is a body reaction (chemical release) to make the person forget about the sad part to relieve the stress or something. Or is it "luckily it is not happening to me" thing?
Maybe you have a really high amount of serotonin. LOL. Or maybe it's just the satisfaction of finishing an anime that welled up tears in your eyes, and was really good, that your brain triggered these happy emotions later on.
Old 2009-08-10, 05:13   Link #3051
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone knows what is the best way to ask an acquaintance his/her name (who you knew for a long time but forgot his/her name) without hurting their feeling?

What i always do is asking their number, and get them to spell out their name... or just admit that i am really bad at remember people name..... But these two does not work in every occasion (especially when their name is happened to be ridiculously easy to spell: Tom, Ben, Smith for example....)
Old 2009-08-10, 12:33   Link #3052
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Anyone knows what is the best way to ask an acquaintance his/her name (who you knew for a long time but forgot his/her name) without hurting their feeling?

What i always do is asking their number, and get them to spell out their name... or just admit that i am really bad at remember people name..... But these two does not work in every occasion (especially when their name is happened to be ridiculously easy to spell: Tom, Ben, Smith for example....)
This has been a lifelong problem for me -- no matter how well I know the person or how long.

Never found any clean way to do it other than to knock myself on the head and lament my brain simply fails to store names properly as I apologize. Its wierd - I can tell you what they look like, visualize their face, relate experiences of them in great detail, even tell you their bio... but the name vanishes in the fog.

It does not serve me well in any context that depends heavily on social diplomacy (like sales work).
Old 2009-08-10, 19:45   Link #3053
mit7059

Yeah I've also been really bad at that, I don't know the names of half the people I go to school with, luckily I've found facebook helps a lot with this, looking at mutual friend's photos wall etc.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 19:56   Link #3054
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This has been a lifelong problem for me -- no matter how well I know the person or how long.

Never found any clean way to do it other than to knock myself on the head and lament my brain simply fails to store names properly as I apologize. Its wierd - I can tell you what they look like, visualize their face, relate experiences of them in great detail, even tell you their bio... but the name vanishes in the fog.

It does not serve me well in any context that depends heavily on social diplomacy (like sales work).
... You mean some people aren't named "Hey, you!"?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 21:16   Link #3055
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

I have a silly question.

What is the deal with the leek/onion that Miku Hatsune carries? Is there a back story to this? Does this originate from her creators or is it a fan thing?
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 21:59   Link #3056
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Well, there are options, but, risks are involved . One is just go through a conversation without mentioning the other persons name, nod your head, and go about your business. Still, theres a risk involved there - its much worse to say mid conversation " Ah.. yeah, I'm really sorry but I don't seem to remember.." than just saying it straight out in the start ( the safest option ). How about this, instead of asking them for their name and number why don't you just give them your phone and tell them to enter the details themselves?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 22:11   Link #3057
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Well, there are options, but, risks are involved . One is just go through a conversation without mentioning the other persons name, nod your head, and go about your business. Still, theres a risk involved there - its much worse to say mid conversation " Ah.. yeah, I'm really sorry but I don't seem to remember.." than just saying it straight out in the start ( the safest option ). How about this, instead of asking them for their name and number why don't you just give them your phone and tell them to enter the details themselves?

Actually I had to do this today. It is really simple. Ask the person how to spell their name.

edit: oops you already thought of that.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 01:28   Link #3058
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I have a silly question.

What is the deal with the leek/onion that Miku Hatsune carries? Is there a back story to this? Does this originate from her creators or is it a fan thing?
I'm pretty sure its fan-based. Someone'll need to check for me... The first thing that comes into mind with the word "leek" is that "Leekspin" animation of Orihime from Bleach.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 05:55   Link #3059
Clarste
Human

Names are overrated. I really can't think of any situation where you need to say someone's name while talking to them. "Hey!" and "Excuse me" cover geting people's attention. Honestly, I don't think I've said anyone's name to them for the past 10 years.

Talking about them is a different situation, but in that case you can always ask the person you're talking to.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 06:02   Link #3060
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
Silly Question:

djmax.co.kr

Does this website can be made using Netbeans or any other java software?
What is the best place to search for a tutorials in order create a site on par with this one?
genryou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious