AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 50 35.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 29.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 18.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 18:27   Link #221
Volcanic
fire of fires

I think the Siestas are much more likable in the game, there I loved them right away. But since the anime has to shorten everything for good pacing, yeah, it kinda seems the Siestas hijacked the Stakes' place. (Well, seemed like that in the game too, but it was more...hmmm...I guess you could say it went over better)
Old 2009-10-20, 00:46   Link #222
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
I think the Siestas are much more likable in the game, there I loved them right away. But since the anime has to shorten everything for good pacing, yeah, it kinda seems the Siestas hijacked the Stakes' place. (Well, seemed like that in the game too, but it was more...hmmm...I guess you could say it went over better)
Nope, I think it's just a matter of personal taste.
I for example (and my best friend, too) still hate the Siestas with a passion.
Old 2009-10-20, 00:50   Link #223
MarthX

Siestas are unloved by most VN fans.

I think it's mainly because they're upset that the Siestas are portrayed as superior furniture and steal the spotlight.

You like something. Then something new comes along and claimed as better. You become instinctively bias against it.
Old 2009-10-20, 06:57   Link #224
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Originally I also thought that the siestas were coming out of blue without a real reason. It is easy to think they are pure fanservice without any real reason to be there. However there might be even more reason for them to be there than the stakes. When you get to know more, you'll realize that they were "probably" necessary for the plot.

I didn't particularly like them at first, but if I go back, it was the same with the stakes, since episode2 passes without any real attempt to characterize them.

Maybe siestas will be loved more once they'll have a chance to express themselves better.

Old 2009-10-20, 08:46   Link #225
Battler-kun

I must say that i like the new (Eva) Beatrice than the former one.

The former one just wants to get aknowledged by Battler. She is pretty weak .

I think the new Beatrice is way stronger.
Old 2009-10-20, 09:29   Link #226
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Siestas are unloved by most VN fans.

I think it's mainly because they're upset that the Siestas are portrayed as superior furniture and steal the spotlight.

You like something. Then something new comes along and claimed as better. You become instinctively bias against it.
Thats exactly it for me... I love the Stakes, Goats, Romanovoe (sp?) and to hear Eva-Beatrice call the Siestas Superior just really rubbed me the wrong way, epecially after Gloth took a bullet to save her rear...
Old 2009-10-20, 09:47   Link #227
Kitsu
The unlucky one

It's Ronove and he himself said in the VN how much superior the Siestas are and what a gnius Eva-Beato is.
Old 2009-10-20, 09:55   Link #228
MarthX

Ronove: "........The Siesta Sister Corps......Even the predecessor,..........wasn't able to summon them on a moment's notice, Pendragon (Dragon King), Memorial Troops, and so easily...!"
Old 2009-10-20, 10:46   Link #229
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I always thought that the Siestas brought a nice new flavor to the story. With a story full of serious characters, cruelty, and dark tones... I found it nice that two really silly girls were introduced to create a sort of counter balance to all of that. Sure they kill, but it's not like they're extremely cruel about it. I kind of felt like the Siestas were cute fun additions to the cast, my favorite was Siesta 45.

But I never really got attached to the Stakes, so my view is different. Actually, I think I was kind of sick of the Stakes at first because I saw them EVERYWHERE and only two of them were really shown in EP2 (and their scenes in EP3 were kinda minor, so I felt like everybody was making a big deal over nothing. Also, the people went crazy over them as soon as Asmo appeared for like... a split second and turned into a stake. ^^; ). So I never understood why they were so liked anyway.

Later on I became somewhat attached to Leviathan. But the anime just butchered her design and attitude too much for me to feel even a little attached to her anymore. She's described as childish and clumbsy, but neither of these traits are shown in the anime, neither is her crybaby attitude... so I feel indifferent towards her anime counterpart. In fact, it kinda bothers me when I see her in the anime now. Nothing like how I (or many others according to fanart and interpretations of her) saw her. =/

I grew to like the Stakes when I first saw them in EP3 and when they first appeared in the anime, I found them interesting... but I found nothing groundbreaking about them personally. (Not that there's anything groundbreaking about the Siestas. But I found them to be delightful. ^^; )

I never really liked the fanservice though. Not with Shannon... not with the Stakes... not with the Siestas. So I can understand if some are annoyed because they feel like their inclusion was only to provide more fanservice and such. I guess in a way that's kind of true, it's not like Ryukishi had to design their outfits like that... but whatever.

Besides, by the time the Siestas came, I was already sick and tired of Eva-Beatrice. I found EP3 to be less interesting once she came... and I found her to be terribly annoying. So there was no way a new character could have annoyed me or put me off any more by that point. ^^;

Old 2009-10-20, 12:00   Link #230
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Honestly, I'm not that fond of either group of furniture, but if I had to choose it would be the Stakes. As of this point in the story - both in the anime and the VN - the Stakes just feel like they're more than just pointless fanservice characters to attract otaku attention; they just feel more fleshed out, and have become characters I've grown to like for more than just their asses. Of course, most would argue that it wouldn't be very fair to compare them through characterization right now, since the Siestas just got introduced; however, my impressions of both groups have stayed the same even to the end of the fourth visual novel, and I can't really mention anything from there so yeah. One of the other contributing factors to me liking the Stakes more is there interactions with each other, while the only interaction that happens between the Siestas is when they prepare to fire their arrows.

I wonder if the Stakes and Siestas would be just as popular as they are now if they were males instead of females. That's one of the things I really don't like about Ryukishi, and at the same time that's one of the reasons why I think Ronove is the best of the witch's furniture so far. He's similar to the Siestas (was introduced out of nowhere and is pretty unnecessary and pointless), but the major difference is that his popularity isn't due to his looks or fanservice (though he is quite snazzy), but his personality.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:07   Link #231
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I wonder if the Stakes and Siestas would be just as popular as they are now if they were males instead of females. That's one of the things I really don't like about Ryukishi, and at the same time that's one of the reasons why I think Ronove is the best of the witch's furniture so far. He's similar to the Siestas (was introduced out of nowhere and is pretty unnecessary and pointless), but the major difference is that his popularity isn't due to his looks or fanservice (though he is quite snazzy), but his personality.
Yeah I have to agree with that. The Stakes and Siestas probably wouldn't be anywhere near as popular if they were males, though I'd still like them if I found them interesting enough.
I also like Ronove... I find it a little bothersome that he's the only male magical character at this point. (Battler doesn't count... and even if he did... it's like 2:14. Goatmen definitely don't count.)

Old 2009-10-20, 13:09   Link #232
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Goatmen definitely don't count
Goat-kun ;_;
Old 2009-10-20, 13:11   Link #233
June 1983

We need a male witch's furniture who is the demony equivalent of Kanon. He would definitely be popular.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:13   Link #234
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Goat-kun ;_;
Goats deserve more love!

Old 2009-10-20, 13:15   Link #235
AudriSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Goats deserve more love!
Yes they do! The Goats were absolutely awsome!! Im a little Partial to Beatrice's side of things but Id happily trade Kanon for more Goats!!!
Old 2009-10-20, 13:20   Link #236
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
We need a male witch's furniture who is the demony equivalent of Kanon. He would definitely be popular.
Well we had evil Kanon. But you are right we still need an evil demon version of Kanon. I mean Genji has Ronove! and Kumasawa has Lia.

Quote:
Goats deserve more love!
YES!

Quote:
Yes they do! The Goats were absolutly awsome!! Im a little Partial to Beatrice's side of thing but Id happily trade Kanon for more Goats!!!
Okay now the goat love has gone to far.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:35   Link #237
AudriSampson

Yeah I know there are alot of Kanon Fan-girls out there so that might be a bit of a stretch LOL

Asmodeus of Lust (as well as the rest of the Stakes), Beatrice and Goats Fangirl here

Last edited by AudriSampson; 2009-10-20 at 13:54.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:38   Link #238
Kitsu
The unlucky one

You are not talking to a Kanon-fangirl, don't worry xDD but I like him and I think...Umineko without Kanon wouldn't be the same. I mean who would then play the emo and make Jessica cry? I think all characters have their place ..but the goats have a too small place
Old 2009-10-20, 13:53   Link #239
AudriSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
You are not talking to a Kanon-fangirl, don't worry xDD but I like him and I think...Umineko without Kanon wouldn't be the same. I mean who would then play the emo and make Jessica cry? I think all characters have their place ..but the goats have a too small place
That is true he does that very well I gotta to agree with you for the most part, just waiting for Krauss to be useful at some point . Actually the Goats have done well today even. On the message board I usually post at we spent 3 pages disscussing the goats in our random chat thread That and two people started to download the show because of the Goats.

For me its been fun watching each episode and seeing the better sides of the Family. After the first couple episodes I was looking forward to Beatrice killing them all just because of there arrogance and at times pettiness. While I still favor Beatrice in this battle, I have really warmed up to Rosa, Eva, Eva's Husband and Battlers StepMom. (sorry forgot names)

Last edited by AudriSampson; 2009-10-20 at 16:49.
Old 2009-10-20, 14:28   Link #240
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The name of Evas husband is Hideyoshi, and Kyrie isnt Battlers mom she is only his stepmother.
Closed Thread