AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 35.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 16.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-04, 12:40   Link #61
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
What he's actually trying to do is getting to World Line Beta by canceling the D-mails, the search for the IBN is just along with it.
Not quite, he NEEDS the IBN and each 'girl' had something to do with it.

Moeka finds it
Ruka Broke it
Feyris owned it.

Don't fix Feyris, it's gone
Don't fix Ruka it's broken
Don't fix Moeka, it's in the hands of SERN.

Each one is important. It's like one giant Rube Goldberg machine.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-08-05 at 11:58. Reason: a bit too detailed
Old 2011-08-04, 17:35   Link #62
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Episode 19 preview is up! Shit's going down.

Old 2011-08-04, 18:00   Link #63
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post

WTF? I want moar!!!! BTW I wonder how Okabe brought up all the police
Old 2011-08-04, 21:35   Link #64
Nihokon

Now I'm dying to know what the hell this FB is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
What he's actually trying to do is getting to World Line Beta by canceling the D-mails, the search for the IBN is just along with it.
Like Forbin said, he's trying to get IBN5100 by canceling the D-mails.
And going straight to canceling Moeka's mail won't do any good, as it won't stop Rukako from breaking the IBN5100 or Rumiho's father from selling it.
Old 2011-08-05, 06:49   Link #65
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The show has been taking a dive since ep 16. At this rate it will all on delete D-mail, and finally on how to save Kurisu. Because it seems due to Okarin helped her escaping death that led to the SERN dominating the world, and Suzuha was sent back...etc...

Have potential, but you can clearly see Stein;Gates as a game adaptation, with clearly all of girls routes. How's about trying something that will not kill Feyis father's death? How's about sending a message to Ruka telling her to handle the IBM with care. Nah they can't because it will get into a different route, and the anime director can't handle the case. Furthermore all of the reasons are forced and the disappearance of the IBN was all due to lame causes that was pulled out of the author's ass. Feyris got kidnap and her dad has to sell the machine. Then Ruka accidentally break it. How's about hint at something at the start that will make sense as we progress? Worst the way Oakrin solve all incidents also does not make sense. Killing a dear father, and change one's gender with their consents. Feyris and Ruka must be saints

Even the existence of the IBN, a super rare, super valuable tool (rich girl Feyris or Moeka's bloody shady organisation can't find another one) of lost technology which can break future technology, but can be stored in a dusty warehouse for decades without breaking down.... is also just for plot convenience and does not make sense whatsoever

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-08-05 at 07:11.
Old 2011-08-05, 07:46   Link #66
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If Okabe left things as it is, simply trying to re-route things using the D-Mail. SERN will still be active on his case since whatever set them off from Okabe's first D-Mail will merely spread with the multiple D-Mails he sent trying to re-route things in order to keep all his lab members happy. If he does anything against SERN, it will result in a massive butterfly effect that will cause something tragic to happen.

So all in all, it would be quite a mess if he tried to fix things using the D-Mail.
That's the entire reason he's re-routing it, as strange as it may sound. He's doing it so that he can get back the IBN 5100 and erase himself from SERN's database. He can only do that by undoing his previous D-mails with other D-mails and return to the timeline where he did gain possession of it.
Old 2011-08-05, 07:54   Link #67
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Thats what I thought at the moment just now Just trying to think of something to explain why Okabe didn't do this in order to keep everyone happy while still retrieving the IBM. Maybe his mindset was destroyed when he kept seeing Mayuri die over and over to the point that destroying all evidence of the D-Mails even occuring in the first place was probably the safest way to go.

Probably something like "All this happened because I kept diverging the world lines in the first place. So the safest route to save Mayuri would be to stuff all those extra world lines back to the original one. I achieved the IBM 5100 in the first place before all those D-Mails were sent, so my safest bet to get the divergence to 1% would be to erase everything that was created because of my foolishness."

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-08-05 at 08:06.
Old 2011-08-05, 08:36   Link #68
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
That's the entire reason he's re-routing it, as strange as it may sound. He's doing it so that he can get back the IBN 5100 and erase himself from SERN's database. He can only do that by undoing his previous D-mails with other D-mails and return to the timeline where he did gain possession of it.
How's about sending an email that will convince him to stop using the Microwave phone?
Old 2011-08-05, 10:10   Link #69
bakuramariks
The Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Have potential, but you can clearly see Stein;Gates as a game adaptation, with clearly all of girls routes. How's about trying something that will not kill Feyis father's death? How's about sending a message to Ruka telling her to handle the IBM with care. Nah they can't because it will get into a different route, and the anime director can't handle the case.
Do you know about chaos theory? If you're not careful, you can screw up everything. With Ruka too. Sending a message to be careful with the IBN won't change anything. Something else might happen.

Also, sending a D-mail to himself not to use the microwave anymore WON'T help him. The microwave is the only thing that can help them. Do you remember Suzuha's words? She said they have to go to the beta worldline in order to save Mayuri (because his very first D-mail is the cause of everything afterwards). Your suggestion will only put everyone into another worldline where the cause is still present.

I hope that helps somehow. I'm getting confused sometimes .
Old 2011-08-05, 11:35   Link #70
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakuramariks View Post
Do you know about chaos theory? If you're not careful, you can screw up everything. With Ruka too. Sending a message to be careful with the IBN won't change anything. Something else might happen.

Also, sending a D-mail to himself not to use the microwave anymore WON'T help him. The microwave is the only thing that can help them. Do you remember Suzuha's words? She said they have to go to the beta worldline in order to save Mayuri (because his very first D-mail is the cause of everything afterwards). Your suggestion will only put everyone into another worldline where the cause is still present.

I hope that helps somehow. I'm getting confused sometimes .
Chao theory? That's basically what he did with all these "D-mail undone" efforts, except it has just somehow conveniently not caused any butterfly effect
Sending a message blabbering on meat and vegetable may not see Ruka's gender reverted, but her mother killed by a traffic accident for all we know. Still he do it like there's no risk in it, mostly because the author said it's ok to do so, that's why

Then, even if he can revert back to before any D-mail was sent,who can be sure that Mayushii will be saved. She may already be killed by that time if the D-mail was not sent in the 1st place
Old 2011-08-05, 11:46   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not at all.
All of these D mails are aimed towards the content and actual "credibility" of the initial D-mails. Whereas the first D-mail effects were impredictable since it would lead to wide range of possible results, the second wave of Dmails wouldn't, since they are actually making the first D mail like jokes etc, so reverting the situation to what would have happened if the D mail never occured.
At worst, should it be unsuccessful, the reading steiner wouldn't activate and they would need to cancel it with a different message, that's it.
In a way, there is little to no risk for a buttlerfly effect with the second D mails, in comparison with the original ones.

As for Mayuri's fate, that is because they figured out that as long as SERN knows about the microwave time machine, Mayuri is done for, which is represented by her inability to live on after a specific timeframe, no matter what they do.
Old 2011-08-05, 11:53   Link #72
bakuramariks
The Observer

Quote:
Then, even if he can revert back to before any D-mail was sent,who can be sure that Mayushii will be saved. She may already be killed by that time if the D-mail was not sent in the 1st place
Deleting the very first D-mail will "delete" the cause. Mayuri will be saved this way.

Even now, Mayuri is not save, i don't believe she is, even if she is alive. They are not in the beta worldline yet.
Old 2011-08-05, 13:18   Link #73
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Chao theory? That's basically what he did with all these "D-mail undone" efforts, except it has just somehow conveniently not caused any butterfly effect
Sending a message blabbering on meat and vegetable may not see Ruka's gender reverted, but her mother killed by a traffic accident for all we know. Still he do it like there's no risk in it, mostly because the author said it's ok to do so, that's why
Sure, there's probably somewhere close to a 1% chance that his 2nd D-mail will cause major unintended consequences.

This is what happened:
1. Ruka's mom gets message "eat vegetables"
2. Ruka's mom gets message "vegetables meat vegatables meat..."

I would think 99% of people who receive something like this would ignore it. In which case, the timeline would be progress as if Ruka's mom never got those messages, and Ruka will be a girl. Even if there's deviation, it's neglible to the point that its effects might not surface until maybe many years in the future.
Old 2011-08-05, 14:52   Link #74
Aqua Knight

btw don't look at comments under ep 19 preview, some jerks put spoilers there
Old 2011-08-05, 22:29   Link #75
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
btw don't look at comments under ep 19 preview, some jerks put spoilers there
Thanks for that, we just can't have nice things can we 0_o. I can only imagine someone ruining a show like someone did for Full Moon wo Sagashite at like episode 5 0_o.
Old 2011-08-06, 01:44   Link #76
Alucard24

I think each person can have a memory of past timeline only for the events he/she 's concerned with. Ruka can't remember Ferys dad for exemple.
Old 2011-08-06, 01:48   Link #77
arson88

spoilers are interesting [the ones relating to the vn altrenate ending] because i get to see alternate endings like in an actual gal-game where different routes are for different heroines and I doubt they will animate the alternate ending..

Anyway, Ruka's ending was unfortunate but at least Ruka gets some closure [relationship with Okabe], not like Suzuha's mission.
Old 2011-08-06, 03:48   Link #78
phillipkim1

Probably the first and last time that my heart will pierce by hearing "but his a guy"
Old 2011-08-06, 06:36   Link #79
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Thanks for that, we just can't have nice things can we 0_o. I can only imagine someone ruining a show like someone did for Full Moon wo Sagashite at like episode 5 0_o.
Yeah, but I saw some spoilers and now am very disappointed
Old 2011-08-06, 07:29   Link #80
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post

Oh god, I can't wait to the next episode!
Closed Thread