AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 03:32   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
I just can't agree with you. AnoHana is an overrated mediocre soap opera and AoEx is a boring generic shounen.

Overrated in regards to what ? What system of measurements are you using to rate ?

You don't have to like it, I myself am not sure why the two are so well received (never even touched Anohana) , but I respect that for them to do so well in sales A-1 must have done something right with both of them.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 04:26   Link #42
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
I just can't agree with you. AnoHana is an overrated mediocre soap opera and AoEx is a boring generic shounen.
FMA, bakemono, working!! and madoka the number talk from themselves, and fate/zero and persona 4 are some ore the most anticipated this season and i didnt say they dont make anything bad, they just have made the best in that period, also aoex is actually quite popular.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:29   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A1 Pictures has proven themselves to be rather reliable in producing good works, probably even more so than Sunrise given the latter's reputation for 'creativity'...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 04:32   Link #44
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
You like it or not,but they're the one that making the hits product right now.

Quote:
A-1 is definitly better than ARMS, for example, but worse than Madhouse or Bones. And A-1's Tetsuwan Birdy Decode was great...
Wut?
Madhouse and Bones didn't makes something that worth to note in last couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A1 Pictures has proven themselves to be rather reliable in producing good works, probably even more so than Sunrise given the latter's reputation for 'creativity'...
Yup. Btw I dunno overrated or not, that's very subjective anyway. And I don't think AleX_MytH even talking about A1 capabilities, he just not liking the anime they making. (in term the stories, script, genre)
But if we talking about A1 capabilities of producing anime that eguipped with good audiovisual (this is actually what they working anyway, not making the story etc)
They're clearly the elite right now. And that's the one that we should be we worried about anime studios, so I don't get what AleX_MytH point.

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-10-02 at 04:45.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:35   Link #45
AleX_MytH

Quote:
Yup. Btw I dunno overrated or not, that's very subjective anyway. And I don't think AleX_MytH even talking about A1 capabilities, he just not liking the anime they making. (in term the stories, script, genre)
But if we talking about A1 capabilities of producing anime that eguipped with good audiovisual (this is actually what they working anyway, not making the story etc)
They're clearly the elite right now. And that's the one that we should be we worried about anime studios, so I don't get what AleX_MytH point.
Yes, you're quite right. It seemed to me that almost all anime which was made ​​by A-1 is at best mediocre. I just can't believe that they can make something different. Well, let's hope that I'm wrong.
Quote:
Madhouse and Bones didn't makes something that worth to note in last couple of years.
Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto is good, Un-Go is promising. As for Madhouse, Tatami Galaxy was absolutly great and I'm looking forward to Chihayafuru.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:49   Link #46
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

According to the official website, it will be owned by Aniplex.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:37   Link #47
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Wut?
So...FMA and Darker than Black aren't noteworthy enough? That makes me kinda sad (Okay TBH I have no ideas what Madhouse have been doing asides from the Marvel series too)

Honestly as far as adaptations go, A1 has proven that it can do a faithful and decent, if sometimes relatively uninspiring job (Even that is usually more the fault of the source material than the studio itself)

They're certainly no Shaft or Kyoani, but they can certainly pull off some amazing stuff (Dat Idolmaster epi13 miki/group numbers ), so let's hope they can do the fights some justise.

Aside from that, I wonder which parts they're possibly going to animate. If its a 1 cour, I highly doubt the first novel can fill all 11-13 episodes, so probable that the vol 2 side stories can get animated as well?

Last edited by com_gwp; 2011-10-02 at 07:01.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:53   Link #48
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto is good, Un-Go is promising.
Yeah right....AnoHana is overrated crap, while Star Driver is good .

Since when "thing I hate" means "overrated"?
Old 2011-10-02, 06:56   Link #49
tomtkp

That would be a challenge for the series composition staff.
My speculations:
2-cour (24-26 episodes) anime covering the first four volumes to include SAO and ALO arcs(may include "Murder Case in the Inner Area" side story in 8th volume).
Maybe there will be 3-cour (36-39 episodes) anime to include GGO arc in 5th and 6th volumes but I doubt that possibility.
I don't want to imagine the possibility of 2-cour adapting the first six volumes (a bit too compressed for me).
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:12   Link #50
AleX_MytH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Yeah right....AnoHana is overrated crap, while Star Driver is good .

Since when "thing I hate" means "overrated"?
Star Driver is underrated. It has solid, interesting story, good atmosphere, decent characters and wonderful battles. AnoHana is pretending to be serious human drama, but it in the end looks ridiculous (final scene is just LOL). Characters lack motivation, their emotions are shown in too grotesque way and so on. Giant step backwards for Noitamina
Sorry for offtop.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:22   Link #51
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Constant? As compared to Aria and Index? Hohoho...
You got trolled Teh-Bro.

SAO hasn't "constant upgrade" guys honestly, between V1 and V3-4, nearly one year passed and the first chapter of V3 began in last October. I'm not spatting on the translater and editors, they are doing a wonderful job, but saying it has a constant translation ... isn't real.

How come chapter 16.5 wasn't known that much ... It was the best chapter of volume 1!!
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:44   Link #52
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
So...FMA and Darker than Black aren't noteworthy enough? That makes me kinda sad (Okay TBH I have no ideas what Madhouse have been doing asides from the Marvel series too)
Eh? its already about 2 years since FMA:B, and yeah we should note DtB as something that make disappointment in the fanbase.

Ok, let rephrase it, "BONES doing nothing worthy since FMA:B

@Alex
You just prove Duo's point.

Btw, We can just say its means they're serious with this adaptation with signing A-1 for the job.

Good LN with no ZECXS, Deen, or JC that working the adaptation, that's good news.
Old 2011-10-02, 08:12   Link #53
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
That would be a challenge for the series composition staff.
My speculations:
2-cour (24-26 episodes) anime covering the first four volumes to include SAO and ALO arcs(may include "Murder Case in the Inner Area" side story in 8th volume).
Maybe there will be 3-cour (36-39 episodes) anime to include GGO arc in 5th and 6th volumes but I doubt that possibility.
I don't want to imagine the possibility of 2-cour adapting the first six volumes (a bit too compressed for me).
They didn't announce it as TV, might end up just being OVAs covering Vol 1 .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 09:49   Link #54
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
You got trolled Teh-Bro.

SAO hasn't "constant upgrade" guys honestly, between V1 and V3-4, nearly one year passed and the first chapter of V3 began in last October. I'm not spatting on the translater and editors, they are doing a wonderful job, but saying it has a constant translation ... isn't real.
I know, I'm just playing along. Who do you think I am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
How come chapter 16.5 wasn't known that much ... It was the best chapter of volume 1!!
Well, yeah, maybe some ecchi website will list it out there

I don't read it, but it's relatively infamous out there now with the annoucement.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 10:07   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Btw, We can just say its means they're serious with this adaptation with signing A-1 for the job.

Good LN with no ZECXS, Deen, or JC that working the adaptation, that's good news.
Exactly, it's an Aniplex production and they've given it to the studio they own, it's really in good hands. The A-1/Aniplex team have also pushed out 2 sequels before in Big Windup 2 and Black Butler 2... (and if the Kannagi mangaka never fell sick that might've been 3 by now..) so if this sells than you have a good chance of a follow up. Being pushed by Aniplex will certainly help in giving this every chance of selling as well..

No ZECXS, no DEEN, no JC Staff... be happy man.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 10:13   Link #56
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

ZEXCS, Deen and J.C Staff have always adaptation decay.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 10:35   Link #57
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
They didn't announce it as TV, might end up just being OVAs covering Vol 1 .
It's true that SAO is not yet confirmed as TV anime. Everytime when I heard the announement of anime adaptation for one LN series, TV animation pops out from my mind almost immediately. But yeah, I do think OVA for Vol.1 is another possibility as well given the unique plot structure of SAO. There are people who even think SAO should be a series of movies like what Kara no Kyoukai did. Every format (TV, OVA or movies) seems suitable for SAO's unique plot structure. My previous post was my speculation based solely on TV anime format but now I think my new speculation (actually what I hoped for) might be a variety of three formats:

TV anime 2 or 3-cour for first six volumes (SAO, ALO and GGO) and "Murder Case in the Inner Area" in Vol. 8 (I still think the first six volumes can be covered in TV anime if the side stories can be arranged chronologically into Vol. 1 episodes).

OVA for side stories "The First Day" and "Caliber"
Alternative: If the producer thinks they cannot fit Vol. 2 side stories into Vol. 1 episodes, OVA might be the better choice.

Movie for Vol.7 "Mother Rosario" (The story seems fit for anime movies)

TV anime 3 or 4-cour (may be split into two to four seasons) for Alicization arc (no doubt about it given the length of Alicization arc).

However, it is up to the anime producers to decide. I wouldn't mind if it's OVA all the way or a series of movies just like Kara no Kyoukai or whatever combination as long as they can present the story properly.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 10:36   Link #58
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

You think they might do it like Gundam Unicorn?
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 10:59   Link #59
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
It's true that SAO is not yet confirmed as TV anime. Everytime when I heard the announement of anime adaptation for one LN series, TV animation pops out from my mind almost immediately. But yeah, I do think OVA for Vol.1 is another possibility as well given the unique plot structure of SAO. There are people who even think SAO should be a series of movies like what Kara no Kyoukai did. Every format (TV, OVA or movies) seems suitable for SAO's unique plot structure. My previous post was my speculation based solely on TV anime format but now I think my new speculation (actually what I hoped for) might be a variety of three formats:

TV anime 2 or 3-cour for first six volumes (SAO, ALO and GGO) and "Murder Case in the Inner Area" in Vol. 8 (I still think the first six volumes can be covered in TV anime if the side stories can be arranged chronologically into Vol. 1 episodes).

OVA for side stories "The First Day" and "Caliber"
Alternative: If the producer thinks they cannot fit Vol. 2 side stories into Vol. 1 episodes, OVA might be the better choice.

Movie for Vol.7 "Mother Rosario" (The story seems fit for anime movies)

TV anime 3 or 4-cour (may be split into two to four seasons) for Alicization arc (no doubt about it given the length of Alicization arc).

However, it is up to the anime producers to decide. I wouldn't mind if it's OVA all the way or a series of movies just like Kara no Kyoukai or whatever combination as long as they can present the story properly.
If 1 course, I think they they will make it in timeline order, check the timeline on bakatsuki, I believe they can fill 12 - 13 with the SAO arc + SAO side story. I think it will be mostly likely the case as volume 9 will begin the lastest arc on the web which will span around 7 - 10 volumes according to the rumor . Volume 3 and 4 could fit into a movie which serve as a conclusion.

The poster on the website look really good, Asuna look abit off compare to the novel or they just make Kirito so freaking good, like an exact duplicate of the novel design.

Anybody know
Spoiler for Sword:

Last edited by hayate-sama; 2011-10-02 at 11:34.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 11:45   Link #60
larethian

Maybe it's because I've played too much eroge, I don't find 16.5 particularly fantastic. 16.5 shouldn't make it into the anime since it didn't make it into the official novel.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, shounen