Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 06:52   Link #1841
setsuna86

here is the new link for ch4
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 07:22   Link #1842
alviam099

So the corrections are made already setsuna?? Many thanks.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 07:32   Link #1843
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
So the corrections are made already setsuna?? Many thanks.
not all, but cramped is doing it
Old 2013-06-03, 09:27   Link #1844
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Thanks for the update and your efforts, man. Really appreciate it.

I was really worried about Sophie to be left alone with the Prince. He had his on her body, especially her chest. Man, that guy is too wicked.

But this prince doesn't know there was one man who able to see and feel her body up close, and that is Tigre.

I was thinking of possible reactions of Sophie if she got saved by Tigre after all of the shenanigans:

- she was happy that the one who saved her was Tigre. +3 Harem point

- she was surprised to see Olga that she was together with Tigre. +2 H.P.

- unexpected reinforcements came with Tigre. +1 H.P.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 09:36   Link #1845
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

hmm.. excalivur havent shown up yet right??
just specuation... is it possible in the missing princess hand, and only told to thallam(?)
Old 2013-06-03, 09:53   Link #1846
Shinon

question which one is corect White Illuna or White proud dolphin. it is about the name of the ship? thx in advance for answer
Old 2013-06-03, 11:47   Link #1847
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
question which one is corect White Illuna or White proud dolphin. it is about the name of the ship? thx in advance for answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Umm, I just skimmed through ur TL setsuna. I will omit the awkward grammatical usage for now. There is something I would like to point out.

The ship name is White Illuna.
The owner is Matvey.
The two port towns are Prepus and Lippner.

Also your writing about Prince Jermaine is so inconsistent.
Sry, for the criticism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Just wanted to interject since I just finished reading the chapter 2 translation (I don't follow along in Japanese either) and happen to like Dark Souls, so I peeked at the raw novel.

I noticed the two names for the ship were quite different, so I wanted to elaborate on it. In Japanese, the ship is called 誇り高き白イルカ号 with the furigana showing it pronounced as ゴルディベルーガ号. Thus, the ship would be named The Goldy Beluga, but the kanji itself calls it The Proud White Beluga (イルカ isn't specific to dolphins). It'd sound better as The Proud White Whale, but eh. The author actually uses English words for once, but I suppose we're better off not asking how white turns into goldy.

Also, アルトリウス means Artorias (I know it can be Artorius too), not Arturius. Totally not OCD about that nope.
Here you go.
Iskatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:11   Link #1848
crow13

what if tallard is the princess of Asvarre and sister of eliot jermaine and in disguise just a crazy theory XD
crow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:42   Link #1849
Kutra

Since Tallard is described as "a young man with a medium build", he would be too muscular for a woman.
Kutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 17:07   Link #1850
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
Here you go.
Did a little more looking into the white=gold dilemma I had. Apparently górdyj (silent J) means "Proud" in Russian. And Beluga is pretty much the same in English and Russian. Isn't it fun how words can sound like other words in other languages? The best part is checking results in Google and Russian literally being 0 results alongside the Japanese word.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 17:24   Link #1851
Hiyono

Good job figuring that out. Those Slavic/Russian tie-ins are a real bugger to figure out. One more thing I thought I'd add, though: as you described earlier, the kanji reads along the lines of "proud white whale" with the furi reading "[proud] beluga". Belugas are also known as white whales, for obvious reasons, so the name is probably just "Proud Beluga".
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 17:34   Link #1852
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
Good job figuring that out. Those Slavic/Russian tie-ins are a real bugger to figure out. One more thing I thought I'd add, though: as you described earlier, the kanji reads along the lines of "proud white whale" with the furi reading "[proud] beluga". Belugas are also known as white whales, for obvious reasons, so the name is probably just "Proud Beluga".
I know it just means Proud Beluga; I just have an issue with trying to keep the author's original terminology—even if they're ridiculous (not outright wrong, though) like in Strike the Blood. If it were up to me, I'd put Russian terms everywhere and probably 0 translator notes because that's just how I am.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 18:10   Link #1853
Hiyono

Far from protesting the usage of górdyj, I was instead suggesting that the usage of both "white" and "beluga" was redundant.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 21:30   Link #1854
peinmaximus@

hey guys,how you think that tigre will make elizaveta,sasha and valentina fall in love for he?
and you think that the princess of asvarre or tir na fa will join the harem too?
obs:for me,tigre will save sophie and she will fall for he and olga too will join in the harem in this arc.too princess guenivere probably will join the harem.
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:06   Link #1855
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,how you think that tigre will make elizaveta,sasha and valentina fall in love for he?
and you think that the princess of asvarre or tir na fa will join the harem too?
obs:for me,tigre will save sophie and she will fall for he and olga too will join in the harem in this arc.too princess guenivere probably will join the harem.
You are asking the question and answering yourself

Tigre has a part-time job of making a harem
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:50   Link #1856
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
You are asking the question and answering yourself

Tigre has a part-time job of making a harem
Ooooooh he's in trouble when he gets home~!! XDDDD

Gonna be a rerun of that dream he had lawl

But I'm guessing Sophie's will probably gain new respect for Tigre since she's not expecting him to rescue her(He said he would for Ellen previously lol, can't wait till she hears about this. Anyone else imagining a pouting Ellen? ;p)

As for Olga and the Princess, guessing they gain admiration for him after seeing his military skills and how he is with politics ?_?

I would laugh so hard if Tigre
Spoiler for spoil:
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 01:28   Link #1857
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Looking back, I noticed something: "While throwing wooden branches into the plectrum to fuel the campfire, Matvey opened his mouth."

...Plectrum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
I know it just means Proud Beluga; I just have an issue with trying to keep the author's original terminology—even if they're ridiculous (not outright wrong, though) like in Strike the Blood. If it were up to me, I'd put Russian terms everywhere and probably 0 translator notes because that's just how I am.
I dislike translator notes, but I dislike foreign terms being used with no notes even more. It's quite troublesome, really. So what should we keep using? The Proud White Whale? It's probably a good idea to put the new characters and objects on the names and terminology page.

Also, this is important.
By capitalization rules, "Vanadis" should be lowercase, as it refers to a title of rank and does not precede a character's name. Should I follow through and correct it? For example, "When living in LeitMeritz, he had the opportunity to hear from Ellen about other vanadis."

Someone check the source for me: "I am a commander of hundred cavalrymen. To put it plainly, I am not that great." Does he mean that he commands hundreds of cavalrymen or one hundred?

Last edited by Iskatar; 2013-06-04 at 04:10.
Iskatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 08:41   Link #1858
crow13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
Since Tallard is described as "a young man with a medium build", he would be too muscular for a woman.
but if tallard is not her i wounder how would the princess come in the story
crow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 09:03   Link #1859
setsuna86

Quote:
Also, this is important.
By capitalization rules, "Vanadis" should be lowercase, as it refers to a title of rank and does not precede a character's name. Should I follow through and correct it? For example, "When living in LeitMeritz, he had the opportunity to hear from Ellen about other vanadis."?
If necessary, please correct it. That's why I post it first as a google doc.

Quote:
Someone check the source for me: "I am a commander of hundred cavalrymen. To put it plainly, I am not that great." Does he mean that he commands hundreds of cavalrymen or one hundred?
Here, I mean "one hundred", and not "hundreds". I simply Forget to write one (It sometimes happens when one quickly writes)
Old 2013-06-04, 10:20   Link #1860
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
If necessary, please correct it. That's why I post it first as a google doc.

Here, I mean "one hundred", and not "hundreds". I simply Forget to write one (It sometimes happens when one quickly writes)
only one chapter left:bon courage!
sorry i can't be of any help
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)