AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 14:20   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Minato won't using any seals now. Really hope 3rd didn't bight the dust. Gamakichi to the rescue. So sage mode works against Obito, nice job by Naruto to notice it. He finally did a one-handed rasengan! Finally we get to see the other kyuubi in Minato. Seems Naruto really is like his dad, kind of surprised how goofy Minato is, but i like it that way. As someone pointed out before wonder if that why Madara went after Hashiirama. 2nd really is badass. Wonder if Sasuke can go into a sage mode, same applies to Sakura.....
Old 2013-08-07, 14:27   Link #42
GDB

It's kind of stupid to say that Minato should've recognized Obito as Tobi. He disguised his face, his height, and his personality all using the Zetsu muck. Then, he displayed powers far beyond anything Obito ever even dreamed of. Not to mention, as far as anyone was aware, Obito was dead. I'd be more disappointed in Minato if he actually thought it could be Obito.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 15:11   Link #43
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm just glad Sage mode aka best mode is back. I prefer the cool eyes over the wannabe super Saiyan look.
Old 2013-08-07, 15:31   Link #44
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
although i don't think sasuke will be getting a sage mode however he might do a powerful kirin strike, because kirin is natures lightning and senjutsu is also using nature's chakra, sasuke simply directs the lightning of kirin using a small chidori
sasuke did come up with a summoning (hawk) out of nowhere vs danzo. i could see him having sage mode now. it only took naruto a short while to learn it and sasuke is either equal or a faster learner than naruto. kirin is like a precursor to sage mode so it actually sets it up for sasuke quite nicely and with juugo's body there are no plot holes to him having it so he might as well just have it. plus, it'd make a pretty epic cliffhanger at the end of one of these chapters and that's kishi's cash cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Before this, we thought Minato was the cool and calm super genius type. Similar to Itachi and Shikamaru. A perfect blond hero. But the more we learn about him, the more Kishi portrays him as an older Naruto, A somewhat goofy kindhearted man who might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but has a great talent for fighting.

Kushina might of given Naruto his temper, but he is his father's son.
exactly this. well put. i was always under the impression he was like itachi as well. but the naruto birth flashback put him in a somewhat goofy light at times and now he is certainly a lot like naruto (or vice versa rather)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 15:38   Link #45
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Aww god. Now Kish nerfed the Edo Tensei by making it so you can't come back. He keeps giving them a fighting chance to then take it away a few chapters later. It's getting frustrating.

Edit: I hope Minato gives Naruto the other half of the kyuubi before he dies. Even then, it wont make a difference if Kish keeps making the 10 tails so OP.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 15:47   Link #46
Phantom

This chapter was awesome, no doubt. It displayed another case of Naruto being more perceptive than what everybody thinks of him. By looking at this chapter, it seems that only Naruto can damage the Juubito since Hashirama is busy with Madara.

On the other hand, it seems that the other Kyuubi inside Minato isn't all cahoots with the Kyuubi inside Naruto. "He even convinced the other me..." Hmmmm... What could the other Kyuubi be possibly planning?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 16:01   Link #47
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
sasuke did come up with a summoning (hawk) out of nowhere vs danzo. i could see him having sage mode now. it only took naruto a short while to learn it and sasuke is either equal or a faster learner than naruto. kirin is like a precursor to sage mode so it actually sets it up for sasuke quite nicely and with juugo's body there are no plot holes to him having it so he might as well just have it. plus, it'd make a pretty epic cliffhanger at the end of one of these chapters and that's kishi's cash cow
i agree on the hawk summoning, but it's a standard jutsu. Sage mode is a different way of using chakra entirely.

besides i think the plot has set for Naruto vs obito with others giving support drive to naruto, let's not forget Naruto is the hero, it's the hero who saves the day in the end not the anti-hero.

although sasuke's snake summoning a few chapters back and his summon seems to know sasuke well already, it could work as a hint for sasuke to have sage mode. But the most important i don't want to see sasuke covered with scales and horns on his head and snakes spilling out of his body like Kabuto, that was totally yuck.

i am fine if he does get a sage mode, but naruto was absolutely shining in this chapter, if sasuke enters the field with such a surprise it might take away the spotlight from naruto.
Old 2013-08-07, 16:13   Link #48
Kurohane

^ I don't believe Sasuke will have a sage mode. Look at it this way, can you imagine both sharigan and sage eyes combined.
Old 2013-08-07, 16:19   Link #49
Lunarskylar

I'm little confused with what minatos kyuubi said, because another translation reads "that was a nice speecb your son gave, it was enough to move even this side of me" so...

anyone wanna translate the raw Japanese?

also minato has the kyuubi cloak, he can make as many chakra body parts as he needs
Old 2013-08-07, 16:20   Link #50
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's kind of stupid to say that Minato should've recognized Obito as Tobi. He disguised his face, his height, and his personality all using the Zetsu muck. Then, he displayed powers far beyond anything Obito ever even dreamed of. Not to mention, as far as anyone was aware, Obito was dead. I'd be more disappointed in Minato if he actually thought it could be Obito.
I agree, we actually discussed that his personality back then was an even larger plot hole than his skills

I remember when after Nagato's death he said to Zetsu that Nagato was meant to use the rinnegan to revive him. Why would he lie to Zetsu that he is Madara who needs to be revived, Zetsu knew the whole thing. It just didn't make sense. BTW it's funny how he could have wished for Nagato to revive Rin instead of Madara.
He never even considered just reviving Rin and try to have a happy life somewhere else on an island or somthing. Which can mean that he gave up on the real Rin, so actually he is not obsessed with Rin in the way many think on this forum, his obsession has changed into something worse over time. Could be that Madara's black rods which carry Madara's will were affecting his mind when he tought he's Madara and also when he decided to go with Madara's plan instead of reviving Rin with the rinnegan or something similar. That would also somewhat explain the big change in his personality at the time he fought Minato. Either way nobody could have guessed that he is Obito. Even minor plot points like him being able to control the kyuubi while fighting against Minato at the same time did make it obvious that it must be Madara, since Madara was the only known Uchiha who was able to control the kyuubi like that.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-08-07 at 16:36.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 17:35   Link #51
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
It shouldn't come as a shock. He gave everyone Kurama's chakra that in itself takes a great deal of chakra control. As Kurama said, every person is a different type in regards to chakra. It's like having different puzzle pieces and you have constantly change your piece to fit each one. After doing something of such feat, Naruto should be able to make a rasengan with one hand.
-I always just figured he knew how to do a one handed Rasengan, but just preferred using a clone for assistance since after forming it, he can use the clone for other purposes. Of course, it could also be argued that he can only do the Rasengan with one hand in Sage Mode. When normal, he needs clones. When in Sage Mode, he makes gigantic ones (as can his clones) so take from that what you will.

Quote:
The Second Hokage noticed too.
-Ah but the Second Hokage couldn't exploit it now could he? Tough props to him for the teleport assist. Naruto really ought to learn at least Hiraishin. Imagine a Sage Naruto coming in with his hardened body structure from a large distance...that's a scary thought. Or Sennin forbid, bijuu mode Naruto, the size of a mountain, teleporting across the field.

Quote:
With Obito, I don't think it was a matter of not seeing, but rather, what do you plan to do with it, when it's been established ninjutsu won't work.
-But he still felt the need to block other attacks before yes? Technically speaking Gamabunta's attack should be far less dangerous to him than a Rasengan yet still felt compelled to block it. Though it serves him right. If he's so damn smart he should have known that you can only gloat after you killed everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Edit: I hope Minato gives Naruto the other half of the kyuubi before he dies. Even then, it wont make a difference if Kish keeps making the 10 tails so OP.
-That's a foregone conclusion. Naruto, as far as being a full-fledged jinchuuriki is concerned, is still inexperienced and "incomplete". Powerful? Oh most certainly, but not as powerful as he COULD be. Getting this other half of Kurama's chakra should at least elevate him to the point where he can at least keep up with Obito.
Old 2013-08-07, 17:58   Link #52
Lunarskylar

I'd really like to see how kishi explains the division of power between the 9 bijuus. 50 percent of the juubi chakra went to kurama, and the other 8 got the crappy remains

i mean his bijuudama wad enough to deflect what? the damas of 5 other bijuus combined... at half strength
Old 2013-08-07, 18:03   Link #53
Monster0

People feel guilty about things that aren't their fault all the time,so Minatos reaction is just normal flawed human emotion.

Maybe when Minatos kurama can see(know) Narutos Kurama they can exchange memories.Then we can learn how Minato gained his power,and Dark Kurama can learn why Red Kurama believes in Naruto.

So how long do you think Sasuke's had sage mode and never felt the need for it in any of the situations we've seen?Will the real sages please stand up.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 18:17   Link #54
shalala

I very much like how Naruto&2nd went with an over head rasengan attack to be the first hit that was inflicked on 10 tails Obito. Just like how 4th did to Obito when he first fought him.

Also Sasuke having Sage mode doesn't make any sense tbh. If he did he would have shown it off while facing Kabuto. Or Kabuto would have mentioned it when he fought Sasuke and Itachi or the Snake sage would have told Kabuto that someone else obatined it. Why didn't Orochimaru learn the snake sage justu? Seemed like he would have jumped to the chance to learn it.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 18:42   Link #55
itachi-san314

hasn't naruto been using a one-handed rasengan while in sage mode for a while now? all those giant sage mode rasengan's are one-handed and he was in sage mode this time too. i'm not sure what all the hubbub is about from you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i agree on the hawk summoning, but it's a standard jutsu. Sage mode is a different way of using chakra entirely.
it's similar to kirin which sasuke used a long time ago

Quote:
besides i think the plot has set for Naruto vs obito with others giving support drive to naruto, let's not forget Naruto is the hero, it's the hero who saves the day in the end not the anti-hero.
the plot is set for naruto and sasuke to be on equal grounds with each other. with one having an edge over the other and then the tables turning over and over so they keep one-upping each other

Quote:
^ I don't believe Sasuke will have a sage mode. Look at it this way, can you imagine both sharigan and sage eyes combined.
orochimaru was always after sasuke's eyes for sage mode. somehow it must combine like how naruto's kyuubi eyes and sage mode combined. sasuke's EMS is already too busy looking so it doesn't matter at this point. the iris stuff is already out of control

also, i wouldn't be surprised if tobirama has sage mode too
Old 2013-08-07, 18:55   Link #56
GDB

Quote:
orochimaru was always after sasuke's eyes for sage mode.
No, he was after them because he wanted to master all jutsu. Sharingan can just look at a jutsu and master it. Thus, Orochimaru wanted them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 20:47   Link #57
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I have been thinking this, if a combined power of Tail Beast 1-6 is still inferior to a mere half Kyuubi-powered-cloak form Naruto and the Ten Tail being incomplete and lacking both the 8 and 9 tail. A full power combined Kyuubi might just be able to take down the Ten Tail.
Old 2013-08-07, 21:05   Link #58
King Golden

Loved this chapter. Seeing Minato as essentially an older Naruto has made me like him more. Like father like son indeed.

The only successful attack on the ultimate tailed beast was a Sage jutsu-powered attack, so it's a given that Naruto is going to need Sage Mode for the rest of this fight. But seeing as Minato will probably return Kurama's Yang chakra to him, I wonder what it'll mean for Naruto(beyond the obvious power up).

The situation has created a plausible set-up for Naruto to blend Kyuubi Mode and Sage Mode(something that's been speculated on for years), but can that really work?

Naruto's never been shown to use Kurama to power Sage Mode, he wasn't able to fuse with the Toad Elders because of Kurama.. and with these recent attacks on Obito, it seems that Sage Chakra is basically tailed beast kryptonite. So shouldn't the Kyuubi Mode clash with Sage Mode?

Am I missing something? Forgetting something? How will it work?

Is it a "wait and see" thing? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
I'd really like to see how kishi explains the division of power between the 9 bijuus. 50 percent of the juubi chakra went to kurama, and the other 8 got the crappy remains

i mean his bijuudama wad enough to deflect what? the damas of 5 other bijuus combined... at half strength
if kurama got 50%.. i guess gyuki got like 20% and everyone else got scraps. ichibi was probably pissed at So6P for making him so weak lol

Quote:
hasn't naruto been using a one-handed rasengan while in sage mode for a while now? all those giant sage mode rasengan's are one-handed and he was in sage mode this time too. i'm not sure what all the hubbub is about from you guys
i can't speak for anyone else but the "wow!!" factor of that panel(where he's standing with the Rasengan one-handed) died away as soon as I saw the Sage eyes

but prior to that, I thought he was still regular state Naruto forming the Rasengan with a single hand.. and that was an amazing moment to me, he was never able to do that. but, like I said.. it wasn't anymore once I saw the Sage eyes
King Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 21:29   Link #59
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, he was after them because he wanted to master all jutsu. Sharingan can just look at a jutsu and master it. Thus, Orochimaru wanted them.
no. kabutomaru explained that the uchiha body was necessary for orochimaru to achieve snake sennin mode
Old 2013-08-07, 22:54   Link #60
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

really nice to see tobirama shining these few chapters. he has been my most used hokage since naruto accel series and currently my most used character period on storm 3. cant wait to use his upgraded powers in later games...
badass warp rasengan indeed. surely naruto develops this skill before its all over. (are we at any point going to get some lineage/family tree narrative?? the three of them together are looking like quite the family. but thats just my wishful thinking)

@itachi-san314...you mentioned last post that you wonder what makes kurama so special. i hope this is a plot point that kishi actually develops....if the translation i read is correct, i believe minato actually got the "good" half of kurama. i mean for him to say "he managed to convince the 'other' me" suggests to me that this new kurama might be nicer. minato probably didnt even have to fight in the death belly in order to use his chakra seeing as how he showed up all cloaked out...
and while, its looking more like naruto is about to get the complete power of the nine tails, i still think its possible for the "fusion earring" to go to sasuke

and yeah i like what kishi is doing with the story, but hes gon have to tighten up lol...i mean naruto went sage agaisnt edo madara and the latter made quick work of the fuutonrasengan. juubito is sitting pretty with a rinnegan himself so sage chakra shouldnt be THAT effective. we'll see.

for now, shine on naruto...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion