Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-27, 19:24   Link #201
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
waiting 50minutes to log on is outrageous
Did you play WoW @ launch by any chance? 50 minutes was a short queue.

Basically if you weren't on by 5:00pm you were going to be queued. That made raiding fun, "Yeah I'm still 1700 in the queue, 130 minutes. See you around 8:30." Or on the weekend, queues of like 3-4k, may as well go away for a few hours and come back.

Be happy the game is popular enough to force server queues. It sucks to be queued but its better then a ghost town MMO.

Anyway, I'm finding the game to be reasonably interesting (reminds me a lot of EQ and D&D a bit). But that's probably because I've got a few WoW guildies to play it with. Highly doubt I'd give WoW up for it, but I said the same for EQ when WoW came out.

I haven't seen a bot yet, but I've heard people complain of them. Apparently you can report them somehow.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:48   Link #202
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I've been playing too, got my Templar to 17 and honestly I rolled it because I enjoy playing tanks but man at this level I can't tank to save my group at all. Even healers pull aggro so easily. It's really difficult to hold aggro on multiple mobs. Debating leveling a mage -> spiritmaster instead.

just have a sorcerer or caster cc the 2nd target either root or sleep.

Tanking is definitely tougher in this game.

My sleep spell generates so much threat when i use it. Takes a while for the tank to gain argo.

healing and tanking definitely little tough
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 21:12   Link #203
88ball

Love it

What I love 'bout this game is the customization, it really rocks. I can almost create a toon of my favorite celeb, like Taylor Swift ;D I think this game has a chance of beating WoW.
88ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:01   Link #204
Xacual

It doesn't have a chance of beating WoW, and any objective person can tell you that. WoW has gotten too huge for any one game to completely take it apart. It would require at least a couple good games coming out to do that. Will they lose players to Aion? Yes, they will. Will they lose even a million though? Probably not. Too many WoW players just have too much invested in the game to be willing to switch to a game which takes way more time involvement.

So I started just messing around with a Spiritmaster. It's pretty fun, though unlike my Templar, I'm not questing really at all. Just grinding in one area, keeping the Spiritmaster DP skill up so my pet fights like a monster.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 08:12   Link #205
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, pretty much what Xacual said. WoW will only be a victim of its own success. Or maybe Blizzards new MMO. Just think of WoW as the sun in the MMO solar system. If you think about it it's pretty apt.

I was tempted to try a spirit master myself, seemed pretty cool to me. But I havent cause pets can't fly and their dots don't stack with other SM's (or did they fix that).
Old 2009-09-28, 08:21   Link #206
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ball View Post
What I love 'bout this game is the customization, it really rocks. I can almost create a toon of my favorite celeb, like Taylor Swift ;D I think this game has a chance of beating WoW.
the only MMO that has a chance of beating WoW is a MMORPG thats on its own catagory, such as Fallen Earth.. its no where remotely near anything like WoW. Its basicly mad max online

I love aion too but it doesnt give me the excitement Fallen Earth does, thats why I'm maining FE and subbing AIONs.

atleast until FFXIV and SW:TOR comes out
Old 2009-09-28, 09:25   Link #207
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

No one can beat Wow now and an extension will be released soon .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 22:06   Link #208
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
No one can beat Wow now and an extension will be released soon .
only because of its community =\
Old 2009-09-29, 00:50   Link #209
Jaden

I'm a WoW player but I'm always looking out for the next game. Aion doesn't have much to offer besides better graphics and that doesn't make a game for me.

Of course Kyero Fox has a point too, any multiplayer game can only be as good as the people you're playing with. There's no guarantee I'll find a guild in Aion as awesome as the one I'm in now.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 02:35   Link #210
Zarifus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah, pretty much what Xacual said. WoW will only be a victim of its own success. Or maybe Blizzards new MMO. Just think of WoW as the sun in the MMO solar system. If you think about it it's pretty apt.

I was tempted to try a spirit master myself, seemed pretty cool to me. But I havent cause pets can't fly and their dots don't stack with other SM's (or did they fix that).
Flying pets is coming in patch 1.6. Not sure when that will be reaching the Western servers though...
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 08:17   Link #211
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg a friends got 4 hours for queue ...

Well Ncsoft news for EU . They'll add 2 servers . 1 - FR 1 - EN .
To encourage to migrate , they'll give 10 potions who give you a profits xp 20 % during 1 hour but for only one character per account and only during the weekend .
But you know what ? It'll be released in 2 months ! omg ... the time that you create many character etc .... you have friends etc .... you like the server etc .... no one will migrate after -_-" . And there'll be always queue during 2 months (and more i guess )
They screwed up .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:48   Link #212
Xion Valkyrie

So yeah, how's everyone doing on AION now?

Got to 40 last night. Almost to my 2nd piece of L30 gold abyss gear now. Hoping to get a complete set of L30 jewerly by the end of next week.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 19:14   Link #213
Xacual

I stopped at 21 more due to lack of time then anything else. Calculus exam this coming week + english paper + computer class work to do means no gaming time.

I figure after wednesday I'll be able to pick back up and start catching back up to my friend with the probably slim amount of rested xp I'll have.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-03, 19:17   Link #214
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i stopped at 19, got bored and bought Fallen earth, addicted ever since...
Old 2009-10-08, 08:45   Link #215
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i stopped at 19, got bored and bought Fallen earth, addicted ever since...
Good thing you did, because all of us over 25 are having shitloads of fun killing each other's races in the Abyss and murdering huge dinosaur Balaur and shit while flying in midair and shooting fireballs at each other with a gigantic magma ball hanging in the sky and floating islands with fortresses on them that you can capture with entire legions of people.

Sorry bro
Old 2009-10-08, 18:45   Link #216
Gin
*Artist

I'm thinking of buying Aion, but I have heard a lot of mixed reviews. How does the pvp in Aoin match up against WoW? Does Aion have battlegrounds, or arenas?
Old 2009-10-08, 18:58   Link #217
Xacual

Aion is pretty much completely world pvp. So zergs left, right and center. You also have no way of knowing what level the other faction is, you just see ??.

Old 2009-10-08, 19:23   Link #218
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Aion is pretty much completely world pvp. So zergs left, right and center. You also have no way of knowing what level the other faction is, you just see ??.
Oh, so its close to actual pvp, not the joke that WoW's world pvp is. Can you attack people in your own faction? That sounds weird never being able to tell your enemies level though.
Old 2009-10-08, 19:30   Link #219
Xacual

No you can't attack your own faction. After level 20 or so is when you will start to see lots of the other faction because of rifts opening between the two level 20 zones. After 25 you can enter the Abyss which is pretty much a huge zone with flying enabled and faction vs faction world pvp. Also fortresses and stuff to take control of.

Old 2009-10-08, 20:41   Link #220
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
Good thing you did, because all of us over 25 are having shitloads of fun killing each other's races in the Abyss and murdering huge dinosaur Balaur and shit while flying in midair and shooting fireballs at each other with a gigantic magma ball hanging in the sky and floating islands with fortresses on them that you can capture with entire legions of people.

Sorry bro
lol nice try, but that doesnt make me feel any sorry.

I like traveling around in my crafted Mustang and sniping mutants heads off and firing rockets at Giant Horror movie stuff.

and PVP? pfft thats to fun to discribe but hell I'll try, whats more fun than sniping someones head off a mile away through a broken window while they scavange some garbage.

I still play AION just not templar

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows