AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 11:47   Link #6221
Used Can

I understand Index as a lover, since, if Tōma's mother is any indication, she'll probably turn out to be a rather good partner. Not to mention that she's always shown a very deep concern for Tōma.

As for wife material, though, I'll have to agree that Orsola is one of the better choices. Although, I'd personally go for Itsuwa, since I like her personality better and she can kick ass.
Old 2010-11-12, 12:29   Link #6222
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, nobody ever remembers Himegami.

(I certainly hope Part 2 of the sport festival in the anime do her justice.)

SHOOT!! I FORGOT ABOUT AISA! >< AISA! forgive me! biggest mistake in life.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:03   Link #6223
Raltay

Well even if LN author sees Index as a perfect lover it doesn't mean that the novel will end with Index X Touma...

Right?

Anyway, Mikoto seriously needs to start doing... something in order to progress her relationship with Touma before it's too late for her...

Oh, and pardon my bad manners! I'm new Toaru-verse fan here (and Touma X Mikoto shipper), hello everyone
Old 2010-11-12, 15:14   Link #6224
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raltay View Post
Well even if LN author sees Index as a perfect lover it doesn't mean that the novel will end with Index X Touma...

Right?

Anyway, Mikoto seriously needs to start doing... something in order to progress her relationship with Touma before it's too late for her...

Oh, and pardon my bad manners! I'm new Toaru-verse fan here (and Touma X Mikoto shipper), hello everyone
TRU seriously mikoto has more airtime than index even had her own show and ova. I think kamachi knows alot of people love mikoto and their will be a bunch of bitchin if it aint her. Which reminds me new index ep is out XD
and hello to you to.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:19   Link #6225
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe after Index ends there will be a sort of Tomoyo AS OVA but this time for Mikoto to please her fans.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:25   Link #6226
Raltay

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
TRU seriously mikoto has more airtime than index even had her own show and ova.
But still it's Index who is almost all the time with Touma. Like Keima would say: "Index has already had a lot more encounters with Touma than Mikoto".

That's why I said that Mikoto needs to start progressing her relationship with Touma.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:28   Link #6227
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well mikoto is the most popular character, but other than bakemonogatari, in recent anime the main character never end up with the fan favorite, but i t migth be true that index and railgun take different "routes" to satisfy fans, but its almost sure that in index touma will end with index.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:30   Link #6228
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think kamachi knows alot of people love mikoto and their will be a bunch of bitchin if it aint her.
The problem is this is not a romance story, and Tōma seriously couldn't have a more indifferent behaviour to the girls' advances. In addition to this, popularity doesn't mean the fans want their favourite character as the love interest. In fact, there's been one or two cases in which the author blatantly decided to favour the fan-favourite girl, only to meet severe criticism at the end.

But, either way, I don't think this story will have any actual romantic development, at least from Tōma's side.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:41   Link #6229
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The problem is this is not a romance story, and Tōma seriously couldn't have a more indifferent behaviour to the girls' advances. In addition to this, popularity doesn't mean the fans want their favourite character as the love interest. In fact, there's been one or two cases in which the author blatantly decided to favour the fan-favourite girl, only to meet severe criticism at the end.

But, either way, I don't think this story will have any actual romantic development, at least from Tōma's side.
i think youre wrong, i think most ppl wants the main character to end with their favorite female character, if not , then why fans would destroy their collection of a series based on that, and i really dont think(and wouldnt like) that the romantic part of the novel dont get a conclusion after going so deep about it, some characters only motivation into that mess is their love for touma.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:49   Link #6230
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i think youre wrong, i think most ppl wants the main character to end with their favorite female character, if not , then why fans would destroy their collection of a series based on that, and i really dont think(and wouldnt like) that the romantic part of the novel dont get a conclusion after going so deep about it, some characters only motivation into that mess is their love for touma.
I for one don't mind about the romance at all, be it concluded or not.
There's many girls I like a lot though who would add an entertaining portion of romance if it came to that which I personally doubt.
And there's plenty examples for series that fail to meet any expectations of fans who go like "you gotta choose [girl]!"
One would be To-Love Ru.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:55   Link #6231
Xspark

well it all depends on the author for the Touma paiiring. Since as in right now. neither Mikoto nor Index will leave him alone nor give up on him.

If its mikoto. i bet she will confess o him and he will go into a mind struggle and see her in another way , if its index then itll be something bout him realizing how important is index in his life.

and um... some1 pm me on the spoiler use please -w- i wanna talk bout volume 22 D:

btw where can i check on news bout volume 23 o.o
Old 2010-11-12, 15:55   Link #6232
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
I didn't say some fans didn't like that. My point simply was that, just because one girl is a fan-favourite doesn't mean her fans actually want her to end up becoming the love interest. There's one really (in)famous manga that's rather well-known for having the fan-favourite girl as the love interest, only for the author to end up receiving endless fan-rage. I've also heard there were 1 or 2 similar cases to this one.

And, this LN hasn't really gone "deep" into romance like... at all. Many harems in the past have had many girls for whom their sole motivation was their love for the MC, and yet the story had no conclusion for the romance deal. This LN is most definitely a romance novel, and romance is definitely not a big aspect of the story, at the very least when it comes down to Tōma's own actions and behaviour. Of course, with this I'm not intending to say the story will not have some romantic development at some point and that it won't have some conclusion to the romances on it. However, if there's no such thing, then that shouldn't come as surprising, in my opinion.
Old 2010-11-12, 16:09   Link #6233
pikachuwei

Vol 21 Chapter 8 Part 2 up

Carrisa and MoV vs Misha
Old 2010-11-12, 16:30   Link #6234
Xspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I didn't say some fans didn't like that. My point simply was that, just because one girl is a fan-favourite doesn't mean her fans actually want her to end up becoming the love interest. There's one really (in)famous manga that's rather well-known for having the fan-favourite girl as the love interest, only for the author to end up receiving endless fan-rage. I've also heard there were 1 or 2 similar cases to this one.

And, this LN hasn't really gone "deep" into romance like... at all. Many harems in the past have had many girls for whom their sole motivation was their love for the MC, and yet the story had no conclusion for the romance deal. This LN is most definitely a romance novel, and romance is definitely not a big aspect of the story, at the very least when it comes down to Tōma's own actions and behaviour. Of course, with this I'm not intending to say the story will not have some romantic development at some point and that it won't have some conclusion to the romances on it. However, if there's no such thing, then that shouldn't come as surprising, in my opinion.
and a murder might occur in japan. depends if the novel keeps its popularity.
Perhaps the author never intended to give him the right girl. but because of too many people asking bout it , he might extend the story to a romance finale.
Plus there is a lot of Harem material here to ignore romance :O I refuse that possibilty!!

TIme to read the novels!
Old 2010-11-12, 17:38   Link #6235
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post

Carrisa and MoV vs Misha
Thanks.

The real pwning starts now!!!
Old 2010-11-12, 18:06   Link #6236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know zeniselv, the only reason why Bakemonogatari ended up with the fan favorite is because the fan favorite just so happens to be the lead female.

Anyway I don't think Toaru will go too heavily into romance for Touma, we have other heroes to do that... Like maybe Ollerus ? But if I would have to say... Index have the advantage because she spends the most time with Touma, while Mikoto have more romance related scenes even if they were one-sided.
Old 2010-11-12, 18:18   Link #6237
choopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post

Carrisa and MoV vs Misha
THx

After Reading the new translation i think Curtana cannot be said an angelic weapon
Old 2010-11-12, 18:27   Link #6238
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well yeah thats true but that because the author making the main the more likable :P

and yeah i know its not that i expect a lot of romance i just think in one point or another we will have a confession or touma choosing nothing more, and yes i know touma will choose index(we all know, we are just waiting for him to break that illusion ).
Old 2010-11-12, 18:49   Link #6239
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopo View Post
THx

After Reading the new translation i think Curtana Second cannot be said an angelic weapon
Fixed, the replica has only 1/5 of the Original Curtana.
Old 2010-11-12, 18:54   Link #6240
choopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Fixed, the replica has only 1/5 of the Original Curtana.
Uahaha Sory my bad, i read it while half a sleep

but Carrisa use 2 so become 2/5 of the orginal
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen