AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-26, 22:09   Link #381
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
So if for example, somebody finds a loophole in the red text, we can't actually know for sure whether it is a genuine loophole, or a misinterpretation?
The anime is catching up to the VN so you're starting to get all these red text that are supposed to be the absolute truth but have tons of different interpretations.
Old 2009-09-26, 23:08   Link #382
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Hmm... =.= Well, watching the anime to the end without trying to figure out the culprit is sounding pretty good right now
Old 2009-09-28, 11:53   Link #383
Uchiha Soul

How many episodes of Umineko?

i dont want it to end .. loved it
Old 2009-09-28, 12:07   Link #384
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Umineko is not finished yet...so we don't know how many Episodes there will be of the game. Seven to Eight are expected. Five are currently out with Six reprotedly comming out late in December.

For anime episodes, 26 is suspected for this season. There will be a break of about a year before the second season comes to allow for the rest of the arcs to be completed (the Games are suspected to be completed by December 2010). The anime at present should cover the first four Episodes (games).
Old 2009-09-28, 12:18   Link #385
maximilianjenus
[E]

the break is only a theory, once the current season of the anime (first 4 arcs) ends, another 2 game arcs will be out, so they can proceed with more anime chapters while doing something weird with the pacing. they will still be done with the first 6 arcs before the 7th is out, but 7 can be made as ovas.

the wird pacing thing plus mixing up ovas and tv series is what amkes people think they will take a year break.
Old 2009-09-28, 12:28   Link #386
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Umineko is not finished yet...so we don't know how many Episodes there will be of the game. Seven to Eight are expected. Five are currently out with Six reprotedly comming out late in December.

For anime episodes, 26 is suspected for this season. There will be a break of about a year before the second season comes to allow for the rest of the arcs to be completed (the Games are suspected to be completed by December 2010). The anime at present should cover the first four Episodes (games).
aha .. thank u .. so itz all an expectation nothing determinate yet
i know the anime not finished yet but i thought they maybe decided the number of episodes .. but if it expects to be 26 epis and maybe 2nd season
YAY im so happy

i wanna ask abt the game .. what kind of game Umineko is? i mean its a detective game like we must know who is gonna be killed next? and is there any version for the game on Video game console or just on Pc?
Old 2009-09-28, 12:31   Link #387
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Eh, starting the second season immediately after the first would cause an unnecessary mess with pacing. I'm thinking they're just going to wait for all eight games to be released before starting the second season, or even possibly starting it slightly before Comiket 79.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post

i wanna ask abt the game .. what kind of game Umineko is? i mean its a detective game like we must know who is gonna be killed next? and is there any version for the game on Video game console or just on Pc?
It's a murder mystery Visual Novel, meaning there's no real gameplay past clicking on your mouse to advance the story. It's only on PC.
Old 2009-09-28, 12:32   Link #388
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
It's a visual novel, for PC. And no, it's not a detective game, as it's told (mostly) from Battler's prospective, sometimes with the other characters taking over. It's...it's when you combine Higurashi with the Westing Game.

Higurashi had a Playstation 2 port, so I won't be surprised if Umineko gets one in a couple years.
Old 2009-09-28, 15:54   Link #389
maximilianjenus
[E]

the Umineko VN is not interactive, os it's like reading a novel of the anime. whatever you do as a player can't affect what happens on screen.
Old 2009-09-28, 16:31   Link #390
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think they termed it a Sound Novel.
Old 2009-09-28, 16:45   Link #391
maximilianjenus
[E]

that is because the visual are horrrible and the sound is great, it's pretty much the same thing, tho.
Old 2009-09-28, 23:15   Link #392
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I can't remember, just before the 6 sacrifices were found in the 1st arc, when Natsuhi talks to Kinzo, do we actually see his entire face at any point of the conversation?

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant or not (probably not) but I was looking at the Kanji of the characters' names, and I noticed that the second word in 'Natsuhi' was '妃'. In ancient China, the wives of the king (concubines), are called 妃 (Correct me if I'm wrong), and at the start of the 1st arc, if I remember correctly, Eva calls Natsuhi a 'borrowed womb' (How rude...)

Coincidence?
Old 2009-09-28, 23:43   Link #393
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The problem with the red truth is that if you want to find a loophole in it you can take advantage even of the smallest particulars. This means that even when Ryukishi tried his best to made a red truth as clear as possible, you can still find a way to doubt it. And even when such a way doesn't exist in the original, it might arise in the translated form, or in the shortened anime form. All these, unfortunately, leads to useless speculations.

In the story the red truth might be a tool for Beatrice to win a game, but outside the story the red truth is meant to help the reader/spectator into making the right theories, because this story is so confusing that without the red truths you couldn't be sure about anything. In this story doubting about the red truth is like doubting about your five senses. What would you trust then?

that sentence about Beatrice in the novel was worded in a more clear way:

Spoiler for Episode3 covered by anime episode13:
Yes, it's truly a lot simpler to just point out little things as seeming to be contradictions than actually come up with your own theory that explains everything.
Old 2009-09-29, 07:19   Link #394
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
I can't remember, just before the 6 sacrifices were found in the 1st arc, when Natsuhi talks to Kinzo, do we actually see his entire face at any point of the conversation?

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant or not (probably not) but I was looking at the Kanji of the characters' names, and I noticed that the second word in 'Natsuhi' was '妃'. In ancient China, the wives of the king (concubines), are called 妃 (Correct me if I'm wrong), and at the start of the 1st arc, if I remember correctly, Eva calls Natsuhi a 'borrowed womb' (How rude...)

Coincidence?
Entire face? Not in a single shot. But you see his full right side, left side, and lower portion in different shots.

There's something that has been at the center of a debate. In the anime you see Kinzo's face, also you see him turning to Natsuhi in the middle of the conversation.

The novel never directly stated that Kinzo turned his face to Natsuhi (both in the novel and the anime Kinzo is facing the opposite direction when Natsuhi talks to him) so it was debated that the anime made it wrong. But reading more carefully there is a mention of Kinzo "facing the opposite direction again", which implies Kinzo did face Natsuhi for a while even in the novel.

As for Natsuhi's name, it's probably not random, Ryukishi must have chose a name fitting for the character. The definition Eva used "borrowed womb" is indeed quite rude, but it's not something she came up with alone. It is a sad reality of the rules of the Ushiromiya's family. Since the consorts have no rights whatsoever the only role of the wife of the family head is to give birth to the heirs.
Eva's insults are particularly effective because they state the truth.

Old 2009-09-29, 13:23   Link #395
Uchiha Soul

why Kumasawa and Gouda are not allowed to wear family crest (one winged eagle) while the other servants (Shannon, Kanon, Genji) are allowed ?!
Old 2009-09-29, 13:24   Link #396
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
why Kumasawa and Gouda are not allowed to wear family crest (one winged eagle) while the other servants (Shannon, Kanon, Genji) are allowed ?!
Kumasawa is a part time worker and Gohda wasn't even hired by Kinzo himself (he was hired by Natsuhi).

Old 2009-09-29, 13:48   Link #397
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Kumasawa is a part time worker and Gohda wasn't even hired by Kinzo himself (he was hired by Natsuhi).
aha now i understand .. but why Kinzo changed the name of the servants? what is his point?!
and also i wanna ask why he refusing to give his sons/daughters in lows the family crest .. i think there will be no effect since his older son Krauss is the only heir .. so there will be no threat to the heritage if he thinks they are after his money.
Old 2009-09-29, 14:18   Link #398
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
As for Natsuhi's name, it's probably not random, Ryukishi must have chose a name fitting for the character. The definition Eva used "borrowed womb" is indeed quite rude, but it's not something she came up with alone. It is a sad reality of the rules of the Ushiromiya's family. Since the consorts have no rights whatsoever the only role of the wife of the family head is to give birth to the heirs.
Eva's insults are particularly effective because they state the truth.
Eva's insults are effective because she knows what buttons to press on Natsuhi. Literally the entire time during the talk they go at each other bit by bit and then finally it gets to the boiling point, which causes the lash out. Eva doesn't insult Kyrie as much as does Natsuhi, even though Kyrie herself is technically a 'borrowed womb' as well.

Quote:
aha now i understand .. but why Kinzo changed the name of the servants? what is his point?!
and also i wanna ask why he refusing to give his sons/daughters in lows the family crest .. i think there will be no effect since his older son Krauss is the only heir .. so there will be no threat to the heritage if he thinks they are after his money.
Shannon and Kanon are the only servants using aliases. This is typical of all servants coming from the orphanage. As for the crest it's reserved for blood members of the family only. This is why you see someone like Jessica wearing the crest, even though her mother (who married into the family) doesn't. Genji, Shannon and Kanon wear it because they are special servants of Kinzo's.
Old 2009-09-29, 15:32   Link #399
maximilianjenus
[E]

There is a theory stating that all teh kids in the orphanage are of kinzo's blood and that genji is also his relative.
Old 2009-09-29, 17:10   Link #400
Arbane the Terrible

Just to muddy the water further, both Beatrices and their minions also wear variations on the one-winged bird crest.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a