Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-93 HI-NU
Anything to sell model kits...
I believe the whole point is to make money
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 00:04   Link #23
kitezero
Strike Freedom

in the UC series the Earth Federation and Zeon there mobile suits aren't that different besides the weaponary and size. since in the CE series Gundams were considered to be the very best type of mobile suits even ZAFT started producing Gundams. with Zeon they sticked with there original designs, so in the Gundam Seed series it doesn't surprise me that much that some of the past mobile suits designs were converted into Gundams. the only part i m confused is what makes Gundams the only ability to have phase shift, even the rick-doms had beam shields.
kitezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 00:08   Link #24
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitezero
in the UC series the Earth Federation and Zeon there mobile suits aren't that different besides the weaponary and size. since in the CE series Gundams were considered to be the very best type of mobile suits even ZAFT started producing Gundams. with Zeon they sticked with there original designs, so in the Gundam Seed series it doesn't surprise me that much that some of the past mobile suits designs were converted into Gundams. the only part i m confused is what makes Gundams the only ability to have phase shift, even the rick-doms had beam shields.
If Zeon managed to steal a Gundam Prototype, I'm sure they'd JUMP at the chance to build some of their own...which is what I think the Delaz Fleet and Axis should've done when they got ahold of the RX-78GP02A Physalis before trying to launch Operation Stardust..but I guess their pride in using their own forces instead of borrowing "Feddie" stuff would go against their beliefs in the end (and cause they'd be strained for resources most of the time)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 00:16   Link #25
Archer

Guys, this is NOT a NEW GUNDAM. It's NOT a Gelgoog either.

This is the Red Frame Astray with an UPGRADE.

Kinda like the Blue Frame Second and the Gold Frame Amatu.

With that said, it looks pretty kickass. The Proto-Savior's looking pretty good too.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 01:40   Link #26
kitezero
Strike Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
If Zeon managed to steal a Gundam Prototype, I'm sure they'd JUMP at the chance to build some of their own...which is what I think the Delaz Fleet and Axis should've done when they got ahold of the RX-78GP02A Physalis before trying to launch Operation Stardust..but I guess their pride in using their own forces instead of borrowing "Feddie" stuff would go against their beliefs in the end (and cause they'd be strained for resources most of the time)
true but ZAFT improved the Gundam with the N-Jammer Canceller it solved the energy problem because of the phase shift and beam weaponary. in Operation Stardust they had ample time it's not like Gato was in the GP02 24/7. besides you can't repair a Gundam unless you know what makes it work and come to think of it was the GP02 ready for space battles? they couldn't have tested anything when both Gundam's were assembled on Earth. also in your beginning sentence cancelled your last sentence
kitezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 12:04   Link #27
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
That Saviour looks...so...PROTO...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 12:17   Link #28
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer
I'd agree that it's not precisely a Gelgoog. There are some fairly substantial differences between this and a Gelgoog. The two suits are outwardly similar, but if you look at the top of the legs, and especially at the shoulders, you can see that the design is far from identical to that of the Gelgoog.

I can't say I'm happy that the similarity is there at all, of course. It is easy to see this as a cynical way to "cash in" on the excellent pre-existing design of the Gelgoog, while being able to sell the merchandise as that of a whole new model. What it amounts to is recycling designs because it's cheaper than making new ones. that's pretty lame.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 12:18   Link #29
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

The Proto Saviour looks lame.. black with two white stripes running down the body. Meh no thanks.

At least Saviour gets a second chance, as it did absolutely nothing in GSD.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 15:46   Link #30
renasis_force
GGGG-Unot

Send a message via MSN to renasis_force
wel it must be a pretty big jacket that transforms Red Frame in to a Gelgoog ^^
renasis_force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 16:07   Link #31
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:

This is why I kinda get annoyed seeing the title of this thread everytime I go to this gundam forum. And there was a Topic about this particular "Gelgoog" before....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 05:16   Link #32
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Its more or less a continuation of that old topic.....hence the title....although somebody can change it now we've cleared everything up.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 09:36   Link #33
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

they look nice
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 12:51   Link #34
RabidZeph

Quote:
They only needed the data on the suit, which I'm sure they got. That's why the Crueset team went out with their mobile suits right after catching them. They were pretty much only after the data.
RabidZeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 17:46   Link #35
Scorch

Quote:
I actually disagree with this; In UC, there isn't really much of a power distinction between Gundams and non-Gundams. There's no real reason they'd have to build a Gundam over say, a GM Sniper 2, or a Gelgoog Jager (both of which would have a good chance of killing the original Gundam with equal pilots). The primary virtue of the RX-78GP02A Physalis was a propaganda purpose - it was built with a nuclear weapon, and what better way is there to slap the Feddies in the face with the Antarctic Treaty than to nuke them with their own Gundam? Granted, it was a good MS, but they could have acquired equally good MS without them being Gundams.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 18:20   Link #36
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
... Seed has stated that it will incorporate existing designs and elements from UC and other gundam shows... sort of to "tie em all together".

We all knew this... but EVERYTIME you guys see a Gundam or MS that you've seen before you go ballistic. Like a bunch of freaking

It will happen again and again... just try to enjoy the show for what it is. If you have a problem watching your nostalgic Gundams and MS "butchered" then don't watch anything Seed. In fact I hear so much trash about the show, especially Destiny that I'm shocked you still end up watching every single episode.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 19:23   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
... Seed has stated that it will incorporate existing designs and elements from UC and other gundam shows... sort of to "tie em all together".

We all knew this... but EVERYTIME you guys see a Gundam or MS that you've seen before you go ballistic. Like a bunch of freaking

It will happen again and again... just try to enjoy the show for what it is. If you have a problem watching your nostalgic Gundams and MS "butchered" then don't watch anything Seed. In fact I hear so much trash about the show, especially Destiny that I'm shocked you still end up watching every single episode.
I only watched all of GSD because I wanted to give it a chance, Because it was Gundam. And they wasted that chance miserably.
Old 2006-01-28, 17:46   Link #38
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

i'm glad there is no c.e. gelgoog for now.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 19:06   Link #39
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Heh, guess i went a little overboard.

I'd hate to see a Gelgoog Gundam.

I welcome a CE Gelgoog as a gelgoog however, but not a gundam X_x
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 04:02   Link #40
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
I think it's from one of the astray manga.

Hey, this one has the monoeye, but not the picture posted by the op? wth?

Quote:

Kinda like the Blue Frame Second and the Gold Frame Amatu.

With that said, it looks pretty kickass. The Proto-Savior's looking pretty good too.
That's just what I like what about it. It's not a new gundam, it's been upgraded. All 3 Frames are the oldest Gundam-like MSs and still kick ass.

Although it's a dream come true with a Black Saviour, but like someone earlier said, the white stripes makes it look like a skunk!!!!

Last edited by Nvis; 2006-01-29 at 04:16.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote