Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-08-28, 02:38   Link #341
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
There are a few shounen-ai ones. I can't seem to remember the title though. It was about vampires.

*cough* One good example is this one Princess Princess. There is even an anime version of this one
Princess Princess drama is the most low-budget Jdrama I've ever seen. I got goosebumps watching that, even if I like BL. It's insanely cheesy and gay but I guess it was kinda hillarious in that sense too. I don't think anyone who didn't like the Prince of Tennis musical would find this any amusing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
I watched part of CHANGE, although I quickly lost interest. So how did it go? was it good on the later part? I prefered Abe Hiroshi's acting there than Kimura Takuyas though.
I actually liked the earlier parts of CHANGE more than the later parts. Abe Hiroshi was good, was hoping he would win the supporting actor award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
I heard there is a Japanese version and a Chinese/Taiwanese version of
"Honey and Clover"

Both of the casts look pretty good

Japanese cast:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Image:Hachikuro_chart.PNG

Taiwanese cast:

You gave the same url for both.
Taiwanese version
Old 2008-08-29, 21:09   Link #342
Hikari no Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie View Post

I actually liked the earlier parts of CHANGE more than the later parts. Abe Hiroshi was good, was hoping he would win the supporting actor award.
same,the earlier parts r better......

in the last ep. Kimura's 22mins speech was a unbelievable job although i felt boring after the first 10 mins and i actually skipped the rest of the speech
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 15:17   Link #343
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie View Post
You gave the same url for both.
Taiwanese version
Whoops my bad.

Taiwanese cast:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Image:Hone...over_Chart.jpg

Japanese cast:

I think the casting of Rika is superior in the Taiwanese ver, while the casting of the uncle/teacher dude is superior in the Japanese version...but that's just all going on how they resemble the anime characters in term of looks.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:01   Link #344
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

*sniff, sniff*

I finally finished Sexy Voice and Robo, after approximately like half a month's worth of slowly watching and this final day's three-episode marathon.

Spoiler for ending, and other trivia:

Oh, and my thanks to Nervous Venus for recommending this to me. I can't say enough how grateful I am that you let me know my favorite short manga (which might continue someday) has such a good series on the side.

Edit: Well, I think I'm clear-headed enough now in a sense, a night's sleep ought to do it for everything, though I'm still...*sniff*

Spoiler for opinions, comparison with manga, and other trivialities:

Last edited by Irenicus; 2008-09-01 at 09:40.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 03:28   Link #345
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I saw it.....aaaaaaaaaaand, I'm not too big a fan of it. I know that people say that if you like Nodame Cantabile, you'll probably like Honey & Clover, but I beg to differ. I don't know what it is, but I just can't stay interested in that show. You'll probably be different though Chaos-chan ^_^ Try it, my roommate LOVES it.
I guess it's not a good comparison to make since Nodame is more on comedy and Hachikuro is more sentimental. Of course, nothing beats the anime but I'm now at episode 5 of the drama and it's definitely heaps better than the movie version, except for Hagu perhaps. I prefer Aoi Yuu. And, I'm beginning to see a Takashi Sorimachi and Shibasaki Kou double here. That Narimiya Hiroki dude and Harada Natsuki resemble them at some angles.

Last edited by nixie; 2008-09-14 at 04:12.
nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:13   Link #346
Paladinoras
Pancakes

I have to say I like Code Blue.

Although I am a bit biased about any drama with Yui Aragaki in it. ..

Fine, A LOT BIASED!!

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:46   Link #347
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Maison Ikkoku Special 2008

Quote:

Kyoko looks more cuter than before

Maison Ikkoku special part 2 or the continuation was released . And I came to know of it today @_@ Its been over a month since its release .... I had taken a hiatus from dramas . This was indeed a pleasant surprise for me

Summary : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Maison_Ikkoku

Downloads : http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1039.html
Old 2008-10-30, 10:19   Link #348
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Oh! My Girl!! - Its a very cute story about a child actress suddenly has to live with her mother's brother. It is still ongoing and currently only has 2 subs.

I thought that this would be a "meh" drama but its actually pretty good. It doesn't focus on the romance (as of epi 2). It focuses more on the family part. How a young guy suddenly has to live with her famous niece. It is very heart warming(mostly near the end) Did I mention the dog is pretty cute? The niece is pretty tamed compared to what I have had imagined of a spoiled superstar suddenly had to live in a poor mans home.

P.S: I know some DDL links for this drama pm me if needed.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 01:16   Link #349
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

I just realised there's a Chinese drama based on Prince of Tennis.
Old 2008-11-16, 05:38   Link #350
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Thumbs up Hana yori Dango Movie

I Just Finished Watching The Movie ....BEST ENDING ever

Really I loved who it end with Makino and Domyoji
Although It was Really Hard oin Them in The Start ..But I never Thought about who Stole The tiara was ....*See The Movie To Find The Answer*

I Really Hope for another Season or Movie
Old 2008-12-30, 23:41   Link #351
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

*phoenix down*

Aherm, bringing this thread back from the dead! Seems like ever since AnimeSuki brought in groups, discussion has moved more there than here at the thread ^_^

Currently watching Meteor Garden II, a continuation of the first series (all an adaptation of the well-known Hana Yori Dango story). I'm pretty much only watching it since I'm a die-hard HYD fan, but surprisingly enough, I'm enjoying it. It's strange how it deviates SO MUCH from the manga, yet the storyline is interesting enough to hold my attention.

I'm also thinking of starting Ruri no Shima:
Quote:

* Title: 瑠璃の島
* Title (romaji): Ruri no Shima
* Also known as: Ruri's Island
* Genre: Human drama
* Broadcast network: NTV

* Episodes: 10
* Viewership rating: 12.64
* Broadcast period: 2005-Apr-16 to 2005-Jun-18
* Air time: Saturday 21:00
* Theme song: Koko ni Shika Sakanai Hana by Kobukuro

Synopsis

On Hatomi, a small island in Okinawa state part of Japan's southern sea frontier, the social environment is suffering. With the last student of the elementary school leaving the place, the closing of the school is a virtual given. Mr. Nakama (Ogata Ken), decides to do something about it - and heads for Tokyo to recruit his grandson. Rebuffed by his daughter, however, he decides to adopt another child. He finds Ruri (Narumi Riko), a mature girl of 11 who distrusts people due to the fact that her mother (Nishida Naomi) doesn't care much about her, but after seeing Mr. Nakama's true intentions, allows him to take her to the island. Unfortunately, the local teacher, Ms. Sanae (Konishi Manami), who was banking on the school's closing to be able to go somewhere else, is resentful of Ruri and makes light of her city fashion (including permed hair, fake curls, and miniskirts), which leads to a big showdown between her and Ruri - and the people who were enthusiastic about her suddenly begin to have their doubts, and only Mr. Nakama and his wife Megumi (Baisho Mitsuko) take Ruri's side strongly. Following into the island is Mr. Kawashima (Takenouchi Yutaka), a mysterious man who saves Ruri from drowning following the fight - and who becomes her conscience and friend in her daily life in the island. But is Kawashima what he seems? Or did he come to the island to run away from Tokyo - and possibly a crime he may have been involved in there? Katsumura and Nishiyama play a local married couple of neighbors, Kashu and Igawa a local unmarried couple of neighbors, all of them willing to help Ruri in their own way. --Surge79uwf

Cast

* Narumi Riko as Fujisawa Ruri
* Takenouchi Yutaka as Kawashima Tatsuya/Takahara Makoto
* Ogata Ken as Nakama Yuzo
* Baisho Mitsuko as Nakama Megumi
@chaos-chan - I haven't watched the HYD movie yet! I'm patiently waiting for SARS to release their subbed version. I tried watching the video you sent me, but the quality really annoyed me >.< I'm too picky!

Something I do think is interesting: has anyone been to DramaSummaries.com? It seems like a fairly new site. You can catalog your dramas, much like MyAnimeList, by watching, completed, plan-to-watch, dropped, and on-hold. There are a good amount of series missing, but you also have the option of submitting dramas that should be added to the database.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 10:00   Link #352
xeqtR
<3 Belldandy. =D

Send a message via MSN to xeqtR
J/K Drama that I ever watched :
-Full house
-Attention Please! <-- This one awesome

hahaha
xeqtR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 10:00   Link #353
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am going to start Vampire Host in a few hours or later . I will share my views once I am done with first episode . ^^
Old 2009-01-02, 14:47   Link #354
7thMethuselah

Only just finished Zettai Kareshi. Loved the show but I sort of hated the ending, I was cheering for the other guy . Never read the manga so can't say if it's the same there
Liked the comedy romance mix throughout almost the entire series. Acting was great although Night did get a bit annoying at times, they should've let him be a bit more 'human' after the initial episodes.
Spoiler for Don't read if you don't wanna know how the drama ends !:

All in all a very enjoyable Jdrama
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 15:08   Link #355
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
@chaos-chan - I haven't watched the HYD movie yet! I'm patiently waiting for SARS to release their subbed version. I tried watching the video you sent me, but the quality really annoyed me >.< I'm too picky!

Something I do think is interesting: has anyone been to DramaSummaries.com? It seems like a fairly new site. You can catalog your dramas, much like MyAnimeList, by watching, completed, plan-to-watch, dropped, and on-hold. There are a good amount of series missing, but you also have the option of submitting dramas that should be added to the database.
It O.k...I'm waiting Sars-Sub too ..I'm gonna watch it again

I never knew that site ...Since I like MAL ...I'll Sure visit it
Old 2009-01-03, 09:19   Link #356
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Vampire Host

Saw First 2 episodes of Vampire Hosts lot better than I had expected. Actually enjoyed the opulence when it comes to blood . I kinda imagined it to be

Shojoish and most of the male characters appearing and acting like ' juni juni '. Thankfully that wasn't the case . The theme is Gothic which was nice also the club design was better than I had expected . Special effects too are nicely done for a TV show . The acting leaves a lot to be desired, there is a constant chase of hamming diarrhea.

If you hate the run of the mill shows,over the top shows where over emphasis is given on the drama than content or plot . This is the show for you its hilarious also has a manga-ish feel to it . Changes weren't made during the transition from Manga to LvA . Quite enjoyable one of the better LvA I have seen ^^

Don't know its licensed or not if its not , will post torrent : )

Summary : Wiki

Teaser : Ytube
Old 2009-01-04, 20:06   Link #357
Irkalla
I asked for this

Hi guys...

Does anybody by any chance have an invite to spare for aznv.tv? If you have, pretty please pm me ^^
hope this is legal to ask here o_O
Old 2009-01-14, 07:42   Link #358
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Boys Before Flowers

* Title: 꽃보다 남자 / Kgotboda Namja
* Also known as: Boys Before Flowers / Boys Over Flowers
* Genre: Romance, comedy
* Episodes: 24
* Related Series: Hana Yori Dango, Meteor Garden
* See inserts: Boys Before Flowers OST

Synopsis
Jan Di is an average girl whose family owns a dry cleaning store located near the luxurious and well known Shin Hwa College. Jan Di meets the four richest and most spoiled boys when she delivers laundry to the school one day. The boys are known as F4 and cause trouble to those who speak out against them.

Cast
* Koo Hye Sun as Geum Jan Di
* Han Chae Young as Min Seo Hyun (F4's best friend)

F4:

* Lee Min Ho as Goo Joon Pyo
* Kim Hyun Joong as Yoon Ji Hoo
* Kim Bum as So Yi Jung
* Kim Joon as Song Woo Bin
Just watched the first episode today! I was very excited and looked greatly forward to it. I wasn't disappointed. Sure, there were parts that were kinda iffy, but for the most part, I think they'll do a good job w/ this story.

The parts that annoyed me most were when they would interject English into their speech. First with the silly rich girls who bully Jan Di ("oh. my. god." *gag*), then later with the F4 (speaking like ghetto boys...huh?). I look forward to the second episode.

I'm currently working on d/l the HYD movie, will update on that later.

@Geta Boshi - hmmm, that show looks pretty good. I must admit to being very into vampires now, what with just reading all of Stephanie Meyer's books (twilight series) and also just watching all of Vampire Knight Guilty. I'll have to d/l a couple episodes and see how I like it.

AniList

Last edited by Marina; 2009-02-01 at 06:11.
Old 2009-01-17, 15:50   Link #359
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

My torrent of vampire host finally got downloaded yesterday so had a mini marathon of 8 episodes .

The show is shaping out to be good. I had expected the show to be cheesy like VK or TW but lived up to my expectations . The name host and gigolo which this shows goes by are misleading IMO a promotional name change to bring in the audience . The show would have had a mainstreaming following if the they had stuck to the manga name Yorugata Aijin Senmonten - Blood Hound - DX . When I heard gigolo associated with it I was like 'lol wut' . The show also went by V.Host so I checked the summary on Wiki and got interested . Also DramaWiki synopsis doesn't do justice to the show and quite frankly is quite misleading . It never manages to capture the essence of show that is .. Mystery Supernatural Vampire .

One of the strong points of this show is the humor its really funny could even go to say rib-tickling . My favorite character so far has to be Diana @_@ No seriously : D
Old 2009-02-01, 05:58   Link #360
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Currently watching the T-Drama Hot Shot:
Quote:

* Title: 籃球火 / Lan Qiu Huo
* English title: Hot Shot
* Also known as: Basketball Fire / Basket Fire Ball
* Genre: Sport, romance
* Episodes: 16
* Broadcast network: CTV / GTV
* Broadcast period: 2008-Jul-27 to 2008-Nov-09
* Air time: Sunday 21:30 - 23:00
* Opening theme song: Hot Shot by Show Lo
* Ending theme song: Yi Ban (一半) Half by Jerry Yan
* Insert songs: See Hot Shot OST

Synopsis
In a school where academic reigns supreme and sports are relegated to a dusty corner of the campus, Li Ying vows to revive the basketball team by volunteering to be the head coach. Her first member is Yuan Da Ying, a country boy who is passionate for basketball but has no skill. Their recruitment goes into high gear when Dong Fang Xiang, a legendary basketball player, transfers to their school.

Around the same time, Yuan Da Ying falls for Zhan Jie Er, a scholarship student who reminds him of his childhood friend. Things are complicated by the fact her family works for Dong Fang Xiang, who she also grew up with. Their encounter may just rewrite the school's basketball history.

Cast
* Jerry Yan as Dong Fang Xiang 東方翔
* Show Lo as Yuan Da Ying 元大鷹
* Zhou Cai Shi as Zhan Jie Er 湛潔兒
* Coco Jiang as Li Ying 李贏
* Wu Chun as Wu Ji Zun 無極尊
* George Hu as Wu Ji Wei 無極威
* Gu Bao Ming as Li Zi Ping 李子平
* Michael Zhang as Can 殘 / Ah Fu 阿福
I quite like it so far. You have to take the goofiness into account though. A good majority of the basketball moves are IMPOSSIBLE, but hilarious to watch. Show Lo really shows off his silly side in this series (I loved him in 'Corner with Love'), while Jerry Yan plays a very familiar rich basketball player, though his serious personality is different from his Domyouji/Meteor Garden persona.

AniList

Last edited by Marina; 2009-02-01 at 06:10.

Tags
drama, live action