AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-10-23, 10:57   Link #1221
Bolt237

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Wow. I thought voices and piano was just done an octave higher on Guitar Pro because Guitar Pro doesn't have bass clef for it's tracks (asides for the bass itself). So if it was done regularly for piano, you'd be missing half of the notes on the lower spectrum (the ones of the bass clef).
Actually, you can get a bass clef if you tune a string down low enough. I learned that from an unfortunate incident where I tried to place a note for a piano part that was lower than allowed, so I tried to tune the low E down so I could place it, and it went into bass clef and it was all a mess. I just tabbed that note an octave higher.
Basically all these problems and things are because guitar pro is first and foremost a guitar tabbing program, with other stuff second. I'd like to see if gp6 did anything about that though
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 11:23   Link #1222
chubi23

tenshi ni fureta yo's full version (actually, the new album) is out... i think the only difference from the TV version is the 2nd verse and the solo part... can anyone tab them out? *too lazy to tab it out myself *
chubi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 13:46   Link #1223
redhades777

hey im new here, but ill get straight to the point.

im pretty disappointed with the official band scores, since they sound nothing like the actual music. ive really only seen fuwa fuwa time (since im learning it), and the intro (or the whole song really) definitely does not have a major 3rd in the chords. a backing guitar line (not played by 'yui' or 'azusa') is also missing in some places, like in the chorus.

my guess is that the scorebook authors didnt really have much access to the actual scores,

think im gonna modify it to make it sound closer.
redhades777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 19:18   Link #1224
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhades777 View Post
im pretty disappointed with the official band scores, since they sound nothing like the actual music.
I don't know about "nothing" but I haven't messed with the guitar bits much. For the bass, some of them are, yes, blatantly incorrect in places. It's been a long time since I looked at the fuwa fuwa time tab, but when I checked the official one posted here it just wasn't much like how it sounds to me.

There's a video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii-sdlM9pv8) that uses audio subtraction from the bass-less track on the fuwa fuwa time single to arrive at a bass only track. I'll give a couple examples where the official bass is wrong.

Here's one early in the song. Official tab first.

Spoiler:

And now how it's actually played.

Spoiler:

The difference might seem subtle since the notes aren't far off, but there's basically no syncopation in the official tab, while it's one of the most prominent features of how the bass line sounds in the actual song. The tab is fairly boring sounding in comparison, it doesn't have that "bounce" to it. Notice also the octave slides start at the end of the previous measure. Even if you play this normally it gives the slide a lot more "energy" because it's coming between beats and makes it stand out. I play some of them very loud which goes even further to making it stand out.

The official score can get you started but beyond that, you're still learning the song by ear.
Old 2010-10-23, 19:58   Link #1225
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

i will be uploading a guitar cover of honey sweet teatime pretty soon! sit tight!
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 20:12   Link #1226
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

The guitars in Fuwa Fuwa seem pretty accurate to me :S

Argh, this sucks! I wish they were 100% correct. My ears are still too undeveloped!
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 21:05   Link #1227
Bolt237

Yes, you are right... the band scores tend to be a little off from the actual thing (in the case of Fuwa Fuwa time, are you sure you're listening to the right version? the version from the single does have a little arpeggiated backing thing that is not in the versions on the mini-album, and stuff like that)
Even then, though, I think it's nice to have them tabbed out, even just as a starting point.
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 22:45   Link #1228
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

iuniver, why did you delete your comment? I was about to respond.
Old 2010-10-24, 00:23   Link #1229
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuniver View Post
Anyway, anyone have any idea with HTT2:
五月雨20ラブ
冬の日
ときめきシュガー
Honey sweet tea time
いちごパフェが止まらない
放課後ティータイム

Anyone who know it in English name?
Hi all its been a while I have a request but I'll answer your question first
(note my Jap isn't good so yea...)

no 1. Samedare 20 love (20 Love early summer rain)
no 2. Fuyu no Hi (Winter Sun)
no 3. Tokimeki Sugar (Sugar crush)
no 4. Honey Sweet tea time..... obvious isn't it?
no 5. Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai (I can not stop strawberry parfait)
no 6. Hokago Tea Time

(my request is can anyone tab out untan miracle... just a request thanks...)
Old 2010-10-24, 02:06   Link #1230
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6XvyoTPFXM

I made a guitar cover of HOney sweet teatime!
enjoy!
Pretty quick huh?
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 07:09   Link #1231
Recette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
The difference might seem subtle since the notes aren't far off, but there's basically no syncopation in the official tab, while it's one of the most prominent features of how the bass line sounds in the actual song. The tab is fairly boring sounding in comparison, it doesn't have that "bounce" to it. Notice also the octave slides start at the end of the previous measure. Even if you play this normally it gives the slide a lot more "energy" because it's coming between beats and makes it stand out. I play some of them very loud which goes even further to making it stand out.

The official score can get you started but beyond that, you're still learning the song by ear.
To be fair, they change up the parts between the versions anywhere between barely to fairly significant. The score might actually be "official" in that that's what they actually referenced and based the various versions off of. In that sense, it's really official and they expect you to add the flair yourself, which is a problem for crappy players like myself.
Recette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 07:17   Link #1232
chubi23

Quote:
@ chubi23

Tenshi ni fureta yo
GTP~Bolt237 guitar part + Ultimate-guitar other parts
Unofficial - Vocal I, Vocal II, Vocal III, Vocal IV, Guitar, Synth, Bass, Drum I still no idea with official score for this song.

it's (the tab) not yet the full version i suppose... the full version of the song is already out
chubi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 07:28   Link #1233
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Spoiler for Save space :) for environmental reasons on the forums:

No probs... Anything i can help with im right here

Yea untan miracle where it begins with daisuki i kinda want that tabbed out, i just love that song!!!
Old 2010-10-24, 15:30   Link #1234
redhades777

alright so this is what ive got with fuwa fuwa time so far. currently, ive only changed the guitar parts up, to make it match with the recording as much as possible.

im not really sure whats going with the rhythm guitar during the solo, since i cant really hear much there. also, the solo is a 4-person version, not 5-person.

tell me what you guys think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?89n4fn59y3gvy27

also, id appreciate it if this doesnt end up on ultimate-guitar, etc.
redhades777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:12   Link #1235
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette View Post
To be fair, they change up the parts between the versions anywhere between barely to fairly significant. The score might actually be "official" in that that's what they actually referenced and based the various versions off of. In that sense, it's really official and they expect you to add the flair yourself, which is a problem for crappy players like myself.
I didn't go over them with a fine tooth comb but it looked to me as though the bass lines were about the same in both.

On thing I forgot to mention is that the official score apparently expects you to use an octave effect for the drop-D portion of the song and play it in standard tuning. An octaver doesn't make the sound an octave lower, it just creates a wave that's half the frequency of the sound it gets from the instrument and adds that to the signal. The result can be subtle or brutal depending on the type of effect and the settings. I used that effect in one the videos I did (this one, if you're curious) and you're not going to pass that off as drop-D tuning.

This is probably the only song in the lot of them that's not in standard tuning, and it's definitely in standard tuning for the rest of the song.

I don't really have an explanation for why the official tabs are off. Pony Canyon released the score since music is their side of things (as opposed to Kadokawa, who do everything else) and they obviously had access to the original unmixed recordings since there's several tracks with different instruments stripped out. Even without that, there are people who make their living doing music transcriptions and are very good at it.
Old 2010-10-24, 16:51   Link #1236
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhades777 View Post
alright so this is what ive got with fuwa fuwa time so far. currently, ive only changed the guitar parts up, to make it match with the recording as much as possible.

im not really sure whats going with the rhythm guitar during the solo, since i cant really hear much there. also, the solo is a 4-person version, not 5-person.

tell me what you guys think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?89n4fn59y3gvy27

also, id appreciate it if this doesnt end up on ultimate-guitar, etc.
Just so you know, there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0xskPy3ELk for reference if you need.

It's looking good I don't think it's necessary, but doesn't each power chord slide to the next during the verses?

Edit: I could never figure out what's happening during bar 12-13. It doesn't sound right.

Last edited by bloppyblue; 2010-10-24 at 17:21.
Old 2010-10-25, 01:17   Link #1237
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
To anyone who is tabbing on GTP, we've received our "shipment" of scans from Bananoha (thank you very much, we all appreciate it). We have:
  1. Gi-ta ni kubbitake
  2. Tsubasa wo Kudasai
  3. Heart Goes Boom
As far as I know these are the new ones.

Girly Storm Shisshou Stick is being scanned. It may be here soon, or after he comes back from wherever.
I have my eyes on everyone of these, so anyone take what you want first and I'll take what's left.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 02:31   Link #1238
Recette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
I didn't go over them with a fine tooth comb but it looked to me as though the bass lines were about the same in both.

On thing I forgot to mention is that the official score apparently expects you to use an octave effect for the drop-D portion of the song and play it in standard tuning. An octaver doesn't make the sound an octave lower, it just creates a wave that's half the frequency of the sound it gets from the instrument and adds that to the signal. The result can be subtle or brutal depending on the type of effect and the settings. I used that effect in one the videos I did (this one, if you're curious) and you're not going to pass that off as drop-D tuning.

This is probably the only song in the lot of them that's not in standard tuning, and it's definitely in standard tuning for the rest of the song.

I don't really have an explanation for why the official tabs are off. Pony Canyon released the score since music is their side of things (as opposed to Kadokawa, who do everything else) and they obviously had access to the original unmixed recordings since there's several tracks with different instruments stripped out. Even without that, there are people who make their living doing music transcriptions and are very good at it.
"Fairly significant" is probably an exaggeration on my end. Sorry. You can definitely hear some differences in Houkago Tea Time II though.

I don't really own the official scores, so I guess my assumptions are probably erring on the side favoring the guys that made it. Maybe using an octaver was originally intended, but it got dropped?
Recette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 09:10   Link #1239
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
What's with Houkago Tea Time II? The studio mix one? Is this supposed to be a cleaner version?
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 12:39   Link #1240
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
To anyone who is tabbing on GTP, we've received our "shipment" of scans from Bananoha (thank you very much, we all appreciate it).
There's also stuff in Book 1 — Fudepen + Stapler. :B U-Unless someone scanned those before and I didn't know. ;_;?

Someone else was doing Heart Goes Boom, but I forget who.... But yeah, will try to scan the Ritsu song before tomorrow night!

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote