Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 14:22   Link #41
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Why would a Capcom character who is an established regular in a Capcom brand fighter be represented in a Namco fighting game?
Like how Link is with Smash Bros?

Dante doesn't seem like an outlandish idea since they've been able to get the rights for using a multitude of characters from many forms/genres of entertainment material.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:23   Link #42
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Dante seems like the most likely considering that it sounds like they want to be moving into fluid quicker paced gameplay.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:25   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Dante seems like the most likely considering that it sounds like they want to be moving into fluid quicker paced gameplay.
omg they should add the NEW dante > : D

my god.. could you imagin the feedback? XD
Old 2011-05-12, 14:33   Link #44
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Like how Link is with Smash Bros?
That's different. Nintendo and Namco aren't competitors or really business rivals. I was under the impression that Namco and Capcom have the same sort of business relationship that Microsoft and Sony have.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:37   Link #45
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
That's different. Nintendo and Namco aren't competitors or really business rivals. I was under the impression that Namco and Capcom have the same sort of business relationship that Microsoft and Sony have.
Aren't they doing Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter?
Granted they're having a friendly rivalry with the releases of both games, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to see them collaborating or something.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:49   Link #46
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I ddont care if there's any guest stars, I want a good custom characters. Like SC3's with some unique weapon types. I was a beast with katana/shirukin and my character looked boss

If ther are guest characters. Dante and bayonetta together would be sweat..
Old 2011-05-12, 15:30   Link #47
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Oh, oh, oh, wait!

I have a better idea for a guest character!

Spoiler for Ta, da!:

Old 2011-05-12, 15:44   Link #48
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Hum

Except the funny Dialogue of multi support, do i see the Schwarzwind members alongwith Siegfried? And that woman in the middle ?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 15:58   Link #49
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Y'know speaking of multi-support, since this is coming out next year, you think they might be able to release it on Nintendo's new console as well?

Quote:
So why doesn't the new game announcement have it's own thread? It seems pretty silly to just discuss the fifth game in the fourth game thread.
You can blame IchiKyo for that sir.

Not really anything we can do unless a mod separates it.
Old 2011-05-14, 03:59   Link #50
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Dante in SCV would pwn everyone so hard. I mean come on...he's next to god tier in MvC3...imagine those combos in SCV
Old 2011-05-14, 04:06   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Dante in SCV would pwn everyone so hard. I mean come on...he's next to god tier in MvC3...imagine those combos in SCV
Soul Calibur games are always well balanced, so there's no way they'd have one character on a whole new level compared to everyone else. This isn't MvC3.
Old 2011-05-14, 04:16   Link #52
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I remember getting Soul Blade back when I was like, 11 years old, and iirc everyone destroys or relinquishes Souledge in the end, save for Siegfried, who turns into Nightmare (code-named Siegfried! at the time). It's really funny how it keeps coming back and there's always a Siegfried around despite his supposed looming death ever since
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 07:05   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Soul Calibur games are always well balanced, so there's no way they'd have one character on a whole new level compared to everyone else. This isn't MvC3.
they could have dante looking for his sword that was some how stolen or something which causes him to be a bit weaker than usual.
Old 2011-05-14, 13:16   Link #54
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not even Kratos in SC : Broken Destiny?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 17:15   Link #55
Xion Valkyrie

Hilde was on a whole other level compared to everyone else in SC4 though =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 17:23   Link #56
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
exactly why she needs to be in 5, and if they sexanize her I will rage.... for amomment...

its so pathetic at how she has soooo little fanart, while the sluts and loli's have tons...
Old 2011-05-14, 17:25   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
they could have dante looking for his sword that was some how stolen or something which causes him to be a bit weaker than usual.
There's no doubt they could fit Dante into the SC storyline, though i'm just saying that he won't be over powered. There's none of that nonsense here.
Old 2011-05-14, 17:29   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Yeah Hilde was way more unbalanced in SCIV than Sentinel is in MVC3. Sents looking like mid-high tier.. Sent's godlike assist is probably the reason he's still a mainstay in a lot of teams.. but most of the "fad" teams haven't had him in it.. I think the "it" team of the moment is Dante/Zero/Akuma, before that you had the She Hulk variants as well as Wolverines.. As far as MVC3 goes I think it's actually balanced pretty well.. its just that x-factor level 3 is stupid.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 17:29   Link #59
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

he fits more than darth vador he gets parried by wooden sticks =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah Hilde was way more unbalanced in SCIV than Sentinel is in MVC3. Sents looking like mid-high tier.. As far as MVC3 goes I think it's actually balanced pretty well.. its just that x-factor level 3 is stupid.
why didn't you just step to the side? its easy to tell when shes going to thrust or swing.
Old 2011-05-14, 17:35   Link #60
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Okay, I had analised a bit the characters from all previous SC games and I had came up with a list with charactesr I'm pretty much will be back. I'd like to know what do you guys think and if you agree or do not agree and why.

I'll think we'll see back...

-Zasalamel, he's immortal so time doesn't really afect him.
-Cervantes, he's an undead and an iconical villain of the series
-Mitsurugi, time doesn't really mean an onbstacle for this guy, not to mention he's one of SC's most iconical fighters.
-Raphael, he's a vampire so he is ageless.
-Astaroth, he's a demon, aslo ageless.
-Ashlotte, in every SC game they always bring a bonus character from the previous game and turn it into an official one, Ashlotte was the most popular of all 5 bonus characters and she's a robot so she's ageless as well, pretty sure she'll make it.
-Amy Sorel, I have 2 theories about she in this game, I'm pretty sure that Rapahel was waiting for Amy to become older in order to bite her and turn her into a vampire as well at SClV, so at this game she could already be a vampire to and so, ageless as well. Or, if Raphael didn't bite her, then she'll be around 30 in this game, still in the mod for fighting.

Probably but not sure...

-Nightmare, he's pure evil incarnated that doesn't age, but if the game follows Siegfried's ending from SClV, then Nightmare is dead, not sure if he'll be back or not.
-Lizardman, while Lizardman was one especific warrior in the previous SClV, we'r aware that there are many Lizardmans, if the Lizardman from SClV doesn't make it, we can still get another Lizardman in this game.
-Talim, She was like 15 at SClV, now she'll be 32, still in the mod but not sure if she'll make it.
-Yoshimitsu, there is no age record at Yoshimitsu's bio, there is no way to know if he's old enough or still in the mod to fight in this game.
-Scheherazade, bonus character from SClV, she's an elvish so she's ageless, can make it.
-Angol Fear, bonus character from SClV, Immortal warrior, can make it.
-Kamikirimusi, bonus from SClV, Oni and ageless, can make it.
-Charade, he's a piece from Sould Edge, so he's ageless, could make a return.
-Algol, Not sure wath was of the fate of King Algol at SClV, but he can still make it.

Tags
fighting game