AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 6 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 56.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-12, 08:44   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-04-12, 21:21   Link #2
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i can't believe its been 13 years since TSR came out. we're t-minus 9 hours from the new ep. even though i don't know anything about the novel content, i'm so hyped this is finally here. i hope Xebec can live up to my expectations.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2018-04-13, 00:14   Link #3
MisterBaka

I am waiting.
I have surprisingly many doubts, mostly concerning the 3D graphics, they didn't look good in the trailers. And I am eager to know what the pacing will be and how they'll cover the books.
Old 2018-04-13, 10:57   Link #4
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Dunno if it’s me, but I liked the callbacks from the previous series, especially the mention of Gauron and Gates.

So liked Hayashimizu being the kind senior to Sousuke. Although I think the dub version will have to replace Chris since he’s being treated at the hospital.

Spoiler for Attack on Sydney:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-04-13, 11:17   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Great episode. You can see all the love and care that the showrunners pour into the episode. No OP & ED because the story is just that important. This is where things are getting really serious and dire. No more shenanigans and this is why I think they made the right choice by choosing Xebec to do this FMP season. They're good when it comes to serious mecha anime. And of course the art, animation and music are all around great.

It's not without flaws, I know. The first event at the graveyard felt like the showrunners really hit the accelerator and refuse to let go. But after that, the pacing is good with no dull or inefficient moments. Even the conversation between the student council members (+ teacher) functioned to illustrate or reminding us of how close their relationship have become before Amalgam tear apart Chidori's life next.

In short, episode 1 have rewarded me for having faith in Xebec. Let's hope they can continue the good work or even make it better by the episode.
Old 2018-04-13, 11:31   Link #6
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Dunno if it’s me, but I liked the callbacks from the previous series, especially the mention of Gauron and Gates.

So liked Hayashimizu being the kind senior to Sousuke. Although I think the dub version will have to replace Chris since he’s being treated at the hospital.

And......What can I say? THE WHOLE FOURTH SEASON IS JUST A MIRACLE TO US.
Watching the first episode made all those spoiler posts from BOMF onwards like yesterday's stuff.
And from what we saw from Fafner EXODUS and Yamato2199 I am pretty sure XEBEC can handle this.
Old 2018-04-13, 11:38   Link #7
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Spoiler for oh my god:

Already can't wait for the episode 2.
Old 2018-04-13, 11:41   Link #8
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
And from what we saw from Fafner EXODUS and Yamato2199 I am pretty sure XEBEC can handle this.
The animation quality of this episode made my jaw dropped. It's as if I'm watching an OVA. If they're really going to make this season a split-cour, it now makes sense.
Old 2018-04-13, 11:53   Link #9
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
The anime just seems to confirm my thoughts...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-04-13, 12:02   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The pacing was a bit brutal, but they definitely did a nice job without the needs of shoehorned refreshers or stuff like that, and the ending point was a sensible decision. They even had the luxury of adding some references to the previous series (like Kaname disgust for Leonard with her touching her lips and stuff like that).

On the other hand, I'm still not exactly convinced by the way how CGI are used. As far as it goes, it is unfortunate that nearly any mechanical stuff aside of the Alastor will be exclusively in CGI, but that's better than not having any sequel whatsoever.
Old 2018-04-13, 12:48   Link #11
Dash_Hunter

Wow what a first episode! the pacing was fast as I expected but the good thing is that they maintained it through the whole episode so it didn't feel weird, there was no dull moment, even Sousuke's talk with Hayashimizu was right on point.

The animation was excellent, I had my doubts but not anymore, the CG was a bit distracting at first but it looked good, at least for the AS's, so I'll get used to it quickly.
Also they omited the Opening and Ending this time, that was a good decision but I can't wait to see both next time.

Like HunterSeeker said, this season is like a miracle to us and I'm already excited for episode 2.
Old 2018-04-13, 12:54   Link #12
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

AAhhhhhhh Its really happened !!!

Loved this show when it first aired.

First ep was a good start, was nice seeing all the old characters again and the artwork seems on point.

One thing I noticed though, was that the audio quality of the VO was a bit off ? Like it was recorded in a tiny room without echo reduction or something. Hardly detracting but noticeable at least.

Old 2018-04-13, 13:01   Link #13
magnuskn

Oh, I'm so happy to see a continuation after all those years.

Seems like this season will be all serious, though. Well, let's see then what they have for us! First episode looks brilliant, even with the a bit too rapid pacing at the start.
Old 2018-04-13, 13:51   Link #14
rladls2121

Nice to see Sousuke and Kaname again.
I guess the play time is really over, and some bystanders might die for real this time.
Old 2018-04-13, 14:26   Link #15
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
On the other hand, I'm still not exactly convinced by the way how CGI are used. As far as it goes, it is unfortunate that nearly any mechanical stuff aside of the Alastor will be exclusively in CGI, but that's better than not having any sequel whatsoever.
All the CG ASs in this episode still look a dozen times better than the handdrawn Behemoth in the first season though. So that's something at least .
Old 2018-04-13, 14:38   Link #16
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Will Xebec adapt the rest of the story since the light novel ended in 2011?
Old 2018-04-13, 14:50   Link #17
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Welp, the feels train has begun, sigh.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-13, 15:14   Link #18
Dextro
He Without a Title

I just saw the episode after 12 long years of waiting and after having completely lost faith in this ever happening and, the moment it ended, there were only 3 words literally coming out of my mouth: SO... FREAKING... GOOD!

Is it rushed? Probably. Was it still well paced for a TV show? Most definitely.

Maybe since I was bracing myself for a massive disappointment it ended up surpassing my expectations but the episode felt so right. It's like the last 12 years never happened.

Spoiler:

And btw I was one of those people who didn't have any doubts that XEBEC would do a good job. They did Yamato 2199 which was great and Argevollen which was kind of a dark horse of its season for me. They can do scifi good!
Old 2018-04-13, 15:26   Link #19
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Answer to your question:
Old 2018-04-13, 15:33   Link #20
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Looks like the school days antics are over because it gets seriously real.