AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-18, 12:59   Link #261
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
don't be upset
clearly someone thinks they do
and the show (L-Elf) lloves visual parallels

Spoiler:
That or the budget wasn't so big so most scenes had the same model or something like that to have movement
Old 2013-11-18, 13:14   Link #262
Kurohane

I can't see any of the images from your last two post, Keyboard.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just my computer loading it so slowly.

By the way, good finds! Who is girl at the bottom of the first image, and what anime is she from?
Old 2013-11-18, 13:45   Link #263
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
By the way, good finds! Who is girl at the bottom of the first image, and what anime is she from?
XD
I don't think that's a girl, that looks like Samon from Zetsuen no Tempest..

edit: it is!
Old 2013-12-23, 00:10   Link #264
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I will be very disappointed if Takahi dies.
Old 2013-12-23, 00:16   Link #265
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Killing Takahi off at this point in the story would feel meaningless. What purpose would it serve aside from causing Satomi suffering? I hope they just don't kill her off.
Old 2013-12-23, 00:37   Link #266
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
The only way I see Takahi getting killed is if they decide to make the final episode an absolute bloodbath where named characters are dropping like flies. Otherwise, I don't see the point in killing her now.

She's a non-combatant, and the only other named character that would be majorly impacted by her death is Satomi. And if the writers want to enrage Satomi for some reason, the character death that makes the most narrative sense right now is Akira (not that I want that either, of course). Satomi and Takahi are clearly close friends, but they haven't been focused on to the degree that Satomi/Akira have.

Takahi will probably get a small handful of lines, like she typically does per episode, and her and Satomi will probably survive through the final battle and get a (relatively, at least) happy ending.

If there's a big in-episode time-skip, Takahi might die from old age. I don't see her getting killed though.
Old 2013-12-23, 00:54   Link #267
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If there's a big in-episode time-skip, Takahi might die from old age. I don't see her getting killed though.
Agreed. She's not even in the battlefield. Why would she die? If the shuttle is shot, Satomi will die too and we know he lives.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-23, 02:19   Link #268
Key Board
Carbon

i find it a bit weird that everyone on the Earth dispatch team is on one shuttle
and it seems that they all survived?
karma?

IIRC
Shuttle: Shoko, Iori, Midori, Nanami
Container 1: Earth team
Container 2: who knows?

It almost seems as if container 2 will be shot down just for last minute cheap surprise

Edit
Spoiler:

I have the feeling that Unit4 changed its emblem, not just because the Empire was established
I have the feeling that the Yatagarasu IV emblem changed to just a Yatagarasu from the front is because it's the last Valvrave standing
I think Unit 6 will be wrecked in the last episode, but I think Akira will somehow survive that.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-23, 09:20   Link #269
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And if the writers want to enrage Satomi for some reason, the character death that makes the most narrative sense right now is Akira (not that I want that either, of course).
She is busy spreading the news, her friends are far and a psychopath just killed the guy covering her and is closer than her friends. Things are not boding well for her.
Old 2013-12-23, 09:36   Link #270
~BC~

I could see Akira dying as part of some sort of ironic statement about true immortality. The pilots will be immortalized by their deeds not because they're actually immortal (and that's the message Saki and Satomi will pass down). Also her feelings and connections getting a closer focus again feels like she's the next one who's about to get the hammer.
Old 2013-12-23, 10:14   Link #271
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
She is busy spreading the news, her friends are far and a psychopath just killed the guy covering her and is closer than her friends. Things are not boding well for her.
She'll be alright. Allied Forces will be divided over this. One or two Kirchbaums could decide to provide support. To me, X-ein has more chances of dying than Akira, and currently he's not even in a machine.