AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-08-07, 11:05   Link #1001
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she could give people advice about their love lives on the phone
KOI WA POWAA
Old 2009-08-07, 11:19   Link #1002
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
However, 1 thing is sure, a bad housewife, considering she's totally clumsy with domestic activities.
This begs the question of whether ANY of Lelouch's 'Big 3' romance interests actually had domestic skills.

No matter what, it seems that Lelouch would have ended up the definitive house-husband with any of them.

Shirley was crap at cooking, and other "simple tasks" according to the other Student Council members.

Shirley (singsong voice): "Oh Luluuu!"
Lelouch: "Shirley...why are you using the "something's on fire voice?"

Kallen was quite slovenly and hid weights under her furnitre. Can you imagine Lelouch trying to pick those up when cleaning?

Lelouch (panting): "Wh-what kind of girl lifts one-handed 90 pound weights?!"
Kallen: "Sweety...those are 06 pound weights..."
Lelouch: "...I've lost all confidence as a man."
Kallen: "Well you look better than me in most of my dresses so-"
Lelouch: "First, you're not helping, and second we promised we'd never speak of that again!"

C.C. is...C.C. She assumably had the abilities given her life as a slave girl and centuries of experience, but she clearly had no desire to put that experience to use, and is more slovenly than Kallen.

Lelouch (grumbling): "How one woman -and my god, do I use that term loosely- can produce this much...this much...filth I will never understand even if I manage to outlive her!"
C.C.: "Now Lelouch, you shouldn't say such things in front of our son."
Lelouch: "Th-that-that...THING! is not my son!!"
-In the hallway, a dejected Cheese-kun sheds a single lonely tear for the father who will never hold him-
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 11:45   Link #1003
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Thanks the core C.C was able to memorize and make everything, she's just "lazy" because she was without the desire to live on.

Kallen learned by force to stop to be slovenly, otherwise every day Lelouch fall in the ground stumbling on something, but the cooking, that's another story XDXDXDXD

Shirley at last was clumsy because she never learned to make something, like my sister, in fact when my sis was married, she was obliged to learn something about housewife jobs, otherwise....XD
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 12:09   Link #1004
Betteroffer

We can't be sure the Code lets a person have a perfect memory, though I've often wondered if that would be one of the powers it offered.

Kallen's "maximum devotion" to anything she does (like having grades better than Lelouch's even though she was off being a terrorist most of the time) imply that she would rigorously study anything she applied herself to, so even if she sucked at cooking and other domestic things in canon, she would get very good at them very fast if she wanted to.

Shirley...well...She'd look pretty moe if she spilled the right foods on her, and it would be an excuse for Lelouch to teach her everything he knew.

Actually, that would be a cute subplot for a fanfiction or just a oneshot: Shirley gets Lelouch to teach her various domestic skills like cooking cleaning etc as an excuse to spend time with him (an hopefully impress him with her abilities). At the end of the day, after Shirley has botched every single thing she attempted and is just trying not to break into tears infront of Lelouch, he'll (obliviously) smile and just say he's sure she'll do better when they practice again tomorrow and/or he'll keep helping her until she gets it right.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 16:57   Link #1005
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

I was actually considering of making an AU fic where Lelouch is a famous chef in the culinary arts and Shirley happens to cross by his restaurant. How the scenario will be constructed remains to be foreseen...
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 23:40   Link #1006
orangejuicetang

I think we're missing the point here. Obviously Lelouch would always be the one cleaning and cooking. It's his secret joy.

*edit
Oh, how I've missed the code geass subforum

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 00:39   Link #1007
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Although in terms of possible occupations, that could mean basically anything, the image that sprung to my mind almost immediately was glasses!Shirley being employed as a secretary (a manager of time, with the bureacratic paperwork of the student council in common).
Ha ha, indeed. Shirley could be Lelouch's secretary in the office and the two could have their little "after hours" sessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
she could give people advice about their love lives on the phone
KOI WA POWAA
An excellent idea! But why stop there? She could have her very own talk show, helping couples in need. Of course it'll have none of that sleazy emotional drivel like on Dr. Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
I was actually considering of making an AU fic where Lelouch is a famous chef in the culinary arts and Shirley happens to cross by his restaurant. How the scenario will be constructed remains to be foreseen...
You will let us know if anything comes of that, won't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I think we're missing the point here. Obviously Lelouch would always be the one cleaning and cooking. It's his secret joy.
Of course! Lelouch would be the stay-at-home dad/husband, while Shirley went out and worked

Quote:
Oh, how I've missed the code geass subforum
Ha ha, you're welcome here any time

On a side note, Whoo! 1000 posts!

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 10:53   Link #1008
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
You will let us know if anything comes of that, won't you?
When I feel the time's right, sure.
Old 2009-08-09, 09:16   Link #1009
Sol Falling

Quote:
Ha ha, indeed. Shirley could be Lelouch's secretary in the office and the two could have their little "after hours" sessions
Pretty much reading my mind, though I guess the extension to being Lelouch's secretary must have been very easy given this thread/fandom.

Not to detract at all from Shirley's more innocent, tragic scenes (those of her inspirational love for Lelouch: acceptance, truth, forgiveness, etc.) but I always saw the essence of Shirley's personality as being more assertive/confrontational. Aside from Shirley's obvious initial drive to prevent Lelouch from being a 'dame ningen' ('failure' was how I think gg translated it), we also have: Shirley confronting Kallen over 'liking Lelouch' early in S1; Shirley calling Lelouch for an outing post-memory wipe to ascertain his identity as Zero; Shirley asking Lelouch/Kallen what they'd done to her during the Black Rebellion; and in R2, Shirley starting a fight with Gopher-kun over interrupting her conversation with Lelouch, the aforementioned 'dame-ningen' chase in Turn 12, and her fairly absolute encounters with Suzaku/Rolo about 'liking Lelouch' (again, but differently) just before her death. Shirley was not just a supportive/inspirational character: I think she did have, if not self-righteousness, still a very strong drive to make (her) world a 'proper' place as she desired it. It's this strong initiative to 'set things right' and make them conform to her expectations that Shirley could have drawn on as a manager (or better yet, per my initial suggestion, a personal secretary). And in a role where it would be her explicit job to ensure the efficiency of her 'charge', having that charge be someone who Shirley saw as having potential (such as Lelouch) but was also generally lazy/uninvolved/not committed (again, such as Lelouch: due naturally to his genius, but I think also his upbringing--having lived in the absolute upper class as royalty, and also the absolute lower class as an exiled prince scrambling for points cards, Lelouch would have naturally experienced too much of the struggles and weight of life/the individual to be interested in the trivial aspirations/past-times of the middle class) would simply be perfect.

To be honest, this was the relationship I saw before the world (Lelouch's, that is; Code Geass's) had to change. For a Lelouch not consumed with revenge, and a Lelouch also not burdened with a mask as heavy as the fate of the world: essentially the Lelouch introduced at the beginning of S1, briefly reflected in the first ep of R2, who lived with a cool apathy. If the world he saw was merely meaningless, an endless struggle merely to fit as an ummovable cog in the corporate or social/class heirarchy, then certainly that focused drive of Shirley's would have been invaluable. As a pillar that he actually could accomplish something, and as a reminder of what was important, Shirley's unrelenting assault on his laziness could paradoxically allow him to relax, by showing him with determination what to do to make that 'accomplish something' happen. To that rational, apathetic mind, I think the presence of that firm, determined Shirley would have been a great comfort.

This was the Shirlulu relationship that I originally fell in love with. How I imagined they would have worked had they lived normal lives. The executive/secretary scenario is simply an explicit statement of that mechanism in their interactions (Shirley providing the drive/direction, Lelouch providing the ability, to find meaning/accomplish something in a meaningless world), an I suppose purely romantic scenario. The show, of course, didn't turn out that way: Shirley, repeatedly erased in a world that was now explicitly Lelouch's enemy as opposed to merely meaningless, became a more passive symbol of faith in its worth, offering happiness, truth, and tomorrow instead of drive and direction. I still think it was good; the 'one truth' leading away from darkness is equally compelling as a romantic scenario; but this discussion of careers and 'normal lives' has made me nostalgic.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:10   Link #1010
Nobodyman9
Banned

I just found this cute little Shirlulu doujin, thought I'd share it with you all. Unfortunately it's raw, so I don't have a clue what they're saying, but it's still cute anyway. Be forewarned, there are some very naughty things about 2/3 of the way through (hey, it's a doujin, what do you expect?) Enjoy.

http://yinake.livejournal.com/38644.html
Old 2009-08-21, 02:25   Link #1011
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
I just found this cute little Shirlulu doujin, thought I'd share it with you all. Unfortunately it's raw, so I don't have a clue what they're saying, but it's still cute anyway. Be forewarned, there are some very naughty things about 2/3 of the way through (hey, it's a doujin, what do you expect?) Enjoy.

http://yinake.livejournal.com/38644.html
It does...exist ? O_o
Whoah, it's the first time I see a Shirley/Lelouch doujin.
Not really fan of the art but apart the NSFW part (Shirley and Lelouch having sex seems wrong for me, sorry -_-; That plus I can't help but think of the doujins as ...well let's stop that <_<) it seems really cute.

But woah, once again, I had no idea it existed.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 02:48   Link #1012
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
It does...exist ? O_o
Whoah, it's the first time I see a Shirley/Lelouch doujin.
Not really fan of the art but apart the NSFW part (Shirley and Lelouch having sex seems wrong for me, sorry -_-; That plus I can't help but think of the doujins as ...well let's stop that <_<) it seems really cute.

But woah, once again, I had no idea it existed.
Yeah, I found it over at Livejournal. Apparently a lot of other people were surprised too as there doesn't seem to be many Shirlulu doujins out there.

But yeah, I'll agree that I probably could've done without the uh...sex. But the rest was very cute and shojo-ish, which I think suits Shirlulu quite nicely.
Old 2009-08-21, 03:04   Link #1013
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't mind the sex. Lelouch and Shirley suffer enough as it is, at least let them have some fun.

Also lol@Shirley cockblocking Lelouch by hitting him in the face with a pillow.
Old 2009-08-22, 11:05   Link #1014
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Regardless, as long as it captures the romantic aspect I'm cool with that.
Old 2009-08-29, 02:34   Link #1015
Sol Falling

'k, thread revival time!

So there I was debating in the romance thread, when all of a sudden came up the issue of 'from whence came Lelouch's Shirley flashback?'. Err, that is, was the image of Shirley in Lelouch's dying flashback sequence new footage? Or if not, then where'd it come from (i.e. which episode)?

So I went and checked. And this is what I found (it was new footage (I think) btw):

lol. Well, I didn't really 'find' it so much; I instantly remembered the tomato scene from Stage 1 and I remembered a lunch scene in Turn 5, so it wasn't all that hard to locate those scenes again. Still though, it's pretty fucking weird: why exactly do we have three seperate instances of Shirley waving a fork with a tomato? What are the animators trying to tell us with this? Is it some kind of inside joke, very very vague/obscure characterization, or what? It's so random, this whole thing seems practically surreal to me.

Anyway, the rather basic conclusion I came to in the romance thread was that this is just one of Shirley's character quirks, which the animators put in with practically zero percent chance of anybody noticing it. I feel like I learned something new about Shirley though, which is iunno pretty great after being so long a fan of her. One other thing I noticed while I was discovering this is that Shirley is pretty damn cute with a fork (Turn 5), but yeah I dunno really where I'm going with this.
Old 2009-08-29, 02:45   Link #1016
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wonder how many times Lelouch has been scolded at the end of that fork.
Old 2009-08-29, 02:50   Link #1017
Nobodyman9
Banned

LOL. Hey, it's something to talk about, right?

Well, to be quite honest, I have no idea what to think of this. I mean, that appears to be new footage, but I can't figure out for the life of me why the staff would create new footage. I mean, did they really have no scenes of Shirley smiling all by herself that Lelouch was present for?

One theory I have is that perhaps its possible that that new footage for Turn 25 was some kind of deleted footage that they never put into Stage 1 or Turn 5. But as I said before, I have absolutely no idea why they would do this, because...I mean, they definitely would have to go out of their way to do this. It's just baffling. I so wish we could ask the CG staff what possessed them to do something like this or if there's any hidden meaning behind it.

Well, regardless, Shirley does look pretty cute twirling that tomato around on a fork.
Old 2009-08-29, 02:53   Link #1018
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
putting in the scene from season 1 would have been odd (she's not happy)
putting the scene from turn 5 might have made it looke like suzaku is the main focus point of lelouch's thoughts
hence, making a new picture instead
not all that much to read into it

they also did something similer in turn 21 with C.C's famus "you have to push away those you really love" line
did you see season 1's version ?
not the same line she says at all

or the scene when he pictures nunnaly as euphie extending her hand in ep 6
not the original scene either

they make edits to scenes whenever it suits them or they feel the original scene doesnt work well enough
Old 2009-08-29, 03:46   Link #1019
Sol Falling

The odder aspect of putting in the scene from season 1 would be the fact that Lelouch wasn't even there in that scene.

That's kinda besides the point though: the fact that the animators purposely decided to portray Shirley as a fork-wielding tomato waver three separate times is what's bizarre. I still can't quite decide whether this is some sort of hidden message/inside joke or actual characterization: characterization wise, I guess we could assume that Shirley routinely had a lunch with baby tomatoes every day, and she developed a subconcious pathological habit of eating them by stabbing them one by one. Then we might extrapolate that, often engaged in conversation with friends during lunchtime, and also liking the feel of the heft of a fork with a tomato stuck on the end of it, she took to emphasizing her statements with a forward striking gesture. So overall, we could probably conclude that Shirley is actually a youthful, imaginative girl at heart, who enjoys indulging in the quiet fantasy of being empowered by wand-like objects, and that she's also actually a type of person who doesn't mind or might even enjoy having the same lunch everyday for what must have been years. o_O

Um...yeah.

That aside; lol, the idea of Shirley routinely threatening Lelouch, wildly gesticulating fork in hand, is hilarious. He'd be too distracted to even hear what she's saying.
Old 2009-08-29, 03:54   Link #1020
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, as you said Sol, perhaps Shirley twirling tomatoes around on a fork was just another character quirk. Another "little thing" that Lelouch loved about her and took for granted.

Incidentally, I'm willing to bet you could drive a fork straight through Lelouch's arm with a surprisingly small amount of effort (you better watch out Lulu!)