AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 14:01   Link #1181
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Yes, I know about the new, better quality image. But while I can make out a lot more than before, those two pics on the the bottom left are still too small to distinguish. (The same goes for a lot more of the image. What makes it worse is that I don't have the best eyesight. ) If you could maybe get zoomed-in, good quality snapshots of that specific portion of the image, than we can talk about more on the translation end.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:29   Link #1182
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
If you could maybe get zoomed-in, good quality snapshots of that specific portion of the image, than we can talk about more on the translation end.
Actually, you can in fact "zoom in" because the scan on that web page has simply been resized to fit your monitor / screen.

In other words, the hosted image file's actually much larger than what you initially see. The real resolution isn't 6427x 4085 for no reason.

You just need to click on "Original image (7.6 MB)" and download / save the original file. I imagine people who aren't familiar with the site tend to miss this.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 17:04   Link #1183
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
You do mean a remake of R2. Riiiiiiiight?
Yeah I was of course talking about a "new project".

I'm sorry for not clarifying this earlier but I went to the airport to catch my plane to Prague right after I posted and I just got back to Sweden. I was interrupted by the phone while I was typing back then so I submitted the post like ten minutes later. In other words; your post was submitted while I was on the phone and I didn't see it until now. ^^
Old 2010-04-11, 19:09   Link #1184
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Actually, you can in fact "zoom in" because the scan on that web page has simply been resized to fit your monitor / screen.

In other words, the hosted image file's actually much larger than what you initially see. The real resolution isn't 6427x 4085 for no reason.

You just need to click on "Original image (7.6 MB)" and download / save the original file. I imagine people who aren't familiar with the site tend to miss this.
...Didn't know about that... (Thanks for the tip, Xander!)

Anyway, I'm not finished translating the whole pic, but I HAVE managed to translate those pictures in the far right corner, which seem to have the most to do with the new project.

And they say...

Top Dark Pic:
In this broken world, we have a dream/we dream…

Bottom Ruins Pic:
Eleven boys and girls./Boys and girls of Eleven.

And writing underneath:
Big notice!! Special privilege pictures of “New Geass” have been compiled here in these latest pictures. The “I” who dreams in a broken world, is it Lelouch? Or is it…

...Not very clear, is it? But then, that's to be expected when Sunrise releases ANY kind of info-bit in a magazine. Still, better than nothing I guess...

Later I'll take a look at the rest of the text, although I don't much more of it will refer to anything besides the Kiseki no Birthday. (Never know, though.)

For now, discuss this new piece of info as you wish. (Not TOO much swearing at Sunrise, though, please... )
Old 2010-04-11, 19:13   Link #1185
konart

Quote:
...Didn't know about that... (Thanks for the tip, Xander!)

Anyway, I'm not finished translating the whole pic, but I HAVE managed to translate those pictures in the far right corner, which seem to have the most to do with the new project.

And they say...

Top Dark Pic:

Bottom Ruins Pic:

And writing underneath:
Big notice!! Special privilege pictures of “New Geass” have been compiled here in these latest pictures. The “I” who dreams in a broken world, is it Lelouch? Or is it…

...Not very clear, is it? But then, that's to be expected when Sunrise releases ANY kind of info-bit in a magazine. Still, better than nothing I guess...

Later I'll take a look at the rest of the text, although I don't much more of it will refer to anything besides the Kiseki no Birthday. (Never know, though.)

For now, discuss this new piece of info as you wish. (Not TOO much swearing at Sunrise, though, please... )
Not much difference from my translation, ne?

And it's far left corner, not right
Old 2010-04-11, 19:16   Link #1186
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

...Okay, I admit I mix up my words a lot...but that's besides the point. Really.
Old 2010-04-11, 21:28   Link #1187
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Top Dark Pic:

Bottom Ruins Pic:

And writing underneath:
I smell SotCA. Which I wouldn't mind at all. I'd like to see this series from the traditional protagonist's POV.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 00:57   Link #1188
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Could be anyone, though IMO it makes more sense that the new animated project is a co-release with the new manga project. And if it is an existing manga then my vote goes to NoN..
SotCA sucked...
Thank you Eternal for the translation
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 05:48   Link #1189
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Could be anyone, though IMO it makes more sense that the new animated project is a co-release with the new manga project. And if it is an existing manga then my vote goes to NoN..
SotCA sucked...
Thank you Eternal for the translation
You're welcome.

Well, it MIGHT turn out to be one of the existing mangas, but a part of me doubts. I don't know why, it just seems...more newish to me, if you get my drift. Also, the Eleven boys and girls./Boys and girls of Eleven. is something that is unknown, so it's all up in the air. Guess we'll just have to wait for more press releases from Sunrise...

On another note, I should have some basic summaries of what the rest of the writing on the image are saying sometime tonight. Anything that looks interesting I'll post the translation and all onto this discussion. I don't know if any of it will be important to the new Code Geass or not, but it's worth a try, right?
Old 2010-04-12, 06:46   Link #1190
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
And if it is an existing manga then my vote goes to NoN..
SotCA sucked...
Ha. Really? I found it to be quite entertaining. On the other hand however, I'm not a huge fan of NoN. It's really creative, sure. Great character development and stuff. But the extremity to which is is AU turns me off. >> My mind just doesn't want to venture into the abstract territory of alterego Nunnally and the fact that C.C. , who is Lelouch, who is the god of chaos and malevolence, merge body and mind to form !ZERO!. Seriously, to me it just seems like somebody smoked a whole lot of something when they were writing this manga and had an artistic splurge.

(And !ZERO! disturbs me on many, many levels anyway..)

And also the fact that Nunnally rejects Lelouch and all he represents in the end. That makes me sad.

Last edited by Zetsubou Bunny; 2010-04-12 at 07:00.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 08:50   Link #1191
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Speculation: Eleven are numbers, the number isn't numerical, they mean 'elven!japanese' boys and girls. Not the total count of them.

I actually like NoN.... Rolo is less of a jackass (...He is also taken down a few notches xD hahaha) anyhow which is better is all perspective, don't get me started xD

I'm a fan of !ZERO!... as you call him xD the armor is incredibly cool. Although I got the impression they just watched the Spawn when they drew the cape. But oh well, if they do that will make me a happy camper

A female Mao that doesn't mind rape Shirley and a Rolo that doesn't kill Shirley. What could be better? Nothing? I'm glad you agree!

....Plus Euphemia lives ALOT longer.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 10:45   Link #1192
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Speculation: Eleven are numbers, the number isn't numerical, they mean 'elven!japanese' boys and girls. Not the total count of them.
em... It's not speculation, it's the fact. 11 is written in katakana = "Irewan", while "boys and girls" is written in hiragana.

That's why I've translated it as 11th, not "eleven"
Old 2010-04-12, 18:55   Link #1193
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, I'm not sure what Eleven means. You might be right, you might be wrong. Though either way it doesn't make sense to me...

Anyway, here are some more translation of the magazine image. I haven't done it all yet, but I've done enough that I understand a little more. (Warning though: some parts of the translation aren't perfect.)

First off, what some people may have been anticipating, the translation of the text beneath the three Kiseki no Birthday Images images. (And yes, that is what they are.)

Top Picture (One with C.C. and Lelouch standing in front of the student council building with terrorist aiming guns at them):
This picture drama is an episode of the last night before Ashford cultural festival. While the student council members are making preparations, some remnants of the Chinese Federation attack!

Middle Picture (One with Lelouch waving his hair fabulously ):
To get out of the trap created by the terrorist ringleader, Lelouch asks for the cooperation of everyone in the assembly hall. Dragging them into the assembly hall, Lelouch uses his Geass!

Bottom Picture (One with Lelouch in cathedral):
The Code Geass that will happen next (Loose translation)
The “Kiseki no Birthday” event will, for the time being, be the end of “Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.” Finally, this story will lead on to the next “New Geass”. The production staff are already working on it!

...Well, not much that we didn't know there. Except now, I think, that Code Geass in the form of "Lelouch of the Rebellion" is really done with this, at least in a continuing story. (OVAs might still happen.) So no, I don't think there's going to be a R3. Although I might be reading this wrong.

Next is the text beneath Geass Extraction, right next to the Type 1 circle:

Start of “New Code Geass”—The whole story of the New Geass has yet to be seen. For the purpose of the approaching project, a new serialization is starting! Look for the “hint” from the performance of “Kiseki no Birthday” from December 5th!!

Now, for those drawings on the top, they're apparently designs of the new "Ichiban Kuji Premium" models for Code Geass R2, ~Romantic Variation~. (C.C. and Kallen in wedding dresses, in other words) For those interested, here's a site with some actual pictures:
http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...ss-r2-new.html

Well, that's all I got for now. Most of the rest seems to be about some performance involving Rolo and Lelouch (a lot about the voice actors and such). There might still be some more that's useful, though, so I'll try to translated some more soon.
Old 2010-04-12, 19:01   Link #1194
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

As expected it's about the chinese terrorist attack on Ashford.

However... What intrigues me is that they are done with 'Lelouch of the Rebellion'

They openly say in that context they are done with it, but never say they won't do NoN or SotCA, either. Well said, keeping their words true by keeping their future clear.

...But... if they are done with LotR, does that mean... No more Kallen? *sob* Kallen, I'll never forget you!!! *passionate roar*

To be more serious, thank you very much for the translation ED. It couldn't have been easy.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 20:31   Link #1195
Lost Cause

First I would like to thank Eternal Dreamer for the trasnslation work, KUDOS!
There, there Arbitres, buck up man! It said they were done with Lelouch of the Rebellion. Not that the other characters might NOT show up in the 'New Geass'!
While I won't venture to guess what's in store for us, I do hope that some of the old characters show up. In any event: Whatever happens, HAPPENS.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 04:19   Link #1196
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

no duh, the rebellion saga ended. It doesn't mean Lelouch won't come back. The whole thing with other folks like CC. There are a whole lot of places they can go.

Stuff in Kiseki no Birthday will relate to the new Code Geass project? A new serial will relate to the new code geass project. I'm thinking Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana.

They said they were done with the Lelouch of the Rebellion story arc for now.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 04:25   Link #1197
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
no duh, the rebellion saga ended. It doesn't mean Lelouch won't come back. The whole thing with other folks like CC. There are a whole lot of places they can go.
except Lelouch isn't one of "the folks like CC"
he's one of the dead folks
so he won't be coming back, unless its a flashback
Old 2010-04-13, 04:42   Link #1198
Ten-Go

Lelouch's choice to die looks kinda typical for the person of his age who have faced so much stress/losses etc, but to my mind his theory about sacrificing himself to give peace and happiness at least for the couple of generations (Nunnally mortal life time period) is nothing than giving up. Death removes responsability. So he should be sunrised to face the truth that human nature is more complicated thing than he used to think. To live like adult, not a "Ill destroy Britannia" child. But this point of view layes out of commercial anime's general rules, so never happen.
Making a new geass manga project is a very smart descision - developers are simply checking public's interest to the series without Lelouch, Kallen and others.
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 05:58   Link #1199
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

I've just finished translating another part of the picture. This time it's the big red words in the middle of the image. And yes, they do have to do with the new project.

Big Lettering:
“New Geass” hidden within Kiseki no Birthday

Smaller lettering beside it:
On the day Lelouch was born (Birthday, in other words), long awaited “new development” will be announced! What’s the true meaning of “Kieseki no Birthday”? Look for the secret hidden within the birthday.

...This seems to confirm what one of my earlier translations said. Something within this picture drama (not just an extra feature possibly, but within the actual story) will point and hint and what the new Cod Geass will be. Now I want to see it even more...

Also, I think it's also saying this picture drama occurs on Lelouch's birthday. (I though it was just a metaphor or something...Or maybe I haven't been paying attention to the news on this? )

Well, in any case, it certainly seems that our first real glimpse of the new Code Geass will be from KnB. I just hope someone ACTUALLY uploads it over the internet and then subtitles it, as there's no telling when it will come out in English. (I'll hug the person who does it. )
Old 2010-04-13, 06:23   Link #1200
Meatrose
Antihero

I'd be surprised if the actual Picture Drama announced anything. Summaries have been out for about four months by now and the story is not something anyone (sane) would want to use as a foundation for a new project. Sure, I could definitely be wrong, but I think it's much more probable that the "hint" is hidden within "Kiseki no Birthday" - the event itself.

By the way, they sure know what to say in order to make people buy DVDs and BDs. Viral marketing deluxe.

Tags
drama, mecha