AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-14, 21:35   Link #801
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
AWESOME! I was hoping to get into pre-release Dec. 15th at the least due to finals. My last final is tomorrow at 7:30AM so by the time I get home I can hopefully play (since I'm a Nov. pre-order) xDDDD

I am, unfortunately. Most of my buddies/clan are going to play RP server. As much as I love PvP, I hate playing solo. I know I can always find a new guild, but why do that when you have friends in a previous one. I'll probably end up playing a PvP server later. Looks like I'll be playing war games most of the time =/.
There's always Illum. Open world pvp even on pve servers.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 22:10   Link #802
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Guhhh. I hate all of you >_<. Flauntingyour new game like that. I-it's not like I want to play swtor right away you know *tsundere mode on*
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 22:34   Link #803
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

Why do I even bother? No wonder male character creation is always lacking....
Haha...ain't that the truth. Tbh both male and female armor looks like crap in this game, you can only wear jedi robes for so long before getting bored. Anyways I played male Jedi in beta, David Hayter does slip sometimes and let out his "snake" voice in some lines, but mostly he sounds like a upright Jedi. That in itself is not too bad, arg...so undecided x_x
Old 2011-12-15, 00:20   Link #804
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Guhhh. I hate all of you >_<. Flauntingyour new game like that. I-it's not like I want to play swtor right away you know *tsundere mode on*
just look at it this way, people playing before you are testing the game for you.
Old 2011-12-15, 00:30   Link #805
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
So, is the main difference between a a PvP server and a RP server is that in a PvP server you are able to fight in contested areas without having to flag yourself? A friend of mine was pretty much saying that's the main difference but you probably get those commendations for killing the opposing faction (a type of "honor" system) in a PvP server, but I wanted to verify.
You get nothing but the satisfaction of watching some Jedi flop over dead. No commendations, no experience, no valor. Which I think will show us who on a pvp server actually joined to pvp, and who joined for the epeen.

There's always the RP-PVP servers.

And, Hige, as a Jedi Guardian, you can actually wear any heavy armor in the game that can be modded. This includes any Bounty Hunter, Trooper, or Sith Warrior Armor. If you decide you don't care about your armor class, you can actually wear ANY piece of armor in the game that can be modded. On paper, heavy armor classes have way more aesthetic options than the other classes. You don't have to stay with the stuffy Jedi robes. Now, there are pieces of armor that have alignment requirements, and some end game gear has class-specific requirements, but it still leaves you with a lot of aesthetic choices if you are tenacious enough to track it all down.

My Jedi Knight in beta looked like a Trooper wielding a lightsaber.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 05:16   Link #806
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Cover mechanics is so screwy in this game, i rather go OP.
I was considering operative, but then I remembered that I wanted to play an agent for the ranged combat and the "dig in and obliterate everything that comes close" feel, while the operative pretty much makes you a mid-close ranged rogue.

Too bad, would have loved the extra healing tree, but ah well. There's always the scoundrel on the Republic side.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 14:08   Link #807
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Okay... I'm in, but I'm very pissed that my guild was placed in one of the very first german servers. Meaning queuing times of 30-40 minutes, great...
Old 2011-12-15, 14:58   Link #808
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
I think they only got up to Oct 2, which means I should get in tomorrow. :3
I preordered on November 11th though, and got my invite about 7 hours ago and have been playing since then. Not sure what this says about their early access system, either it has some glitches (in which case I am thankful ), or there is some random factor to it.

Now I only need to sit in a 240 people long que, since I logged out for a bit *drums fingers*
Old 2011-12-15, 17:37   Link #809
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wewt, Amazon has shipped my copy of the game. If all goes well with international shipping I should have it early next week. /glee

I'm liking the Sorcerer, finally got Chain Lightning. All is right with the world.

I've noticed something fairly hilarious (at least among my guild), we've got 7 tanks, 3 DPS, and maybe 1 or 2 healers atm. -_- People just kinda went with it because, (insert class) heck yeah! Contemplating going heals myself but not overly keen on it, if the Sorcerer healed with lightning, I might reconsider.
Old 2011-12-15, 17:58   Link #810
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If the operative wasn't limited to melee stabby action, I'd be playing one right now. As it stands though, annihilation from afar is much more fun. Probably will be a healer when I finally get around to rolling my sorcerer and commando though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 22:48   Link #811
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I preordered on November 11th though, and got my invite about 7 hours ago and have been playing since then. Not sure what this says about their early access system, either it has some glitches (in which case I am thankful ), or there is some random factor to it.

Now I only need to sit in a 240 people long que, since I logged out for a bit *drums fingers*
I posted that yesterday, today they up the early access ppls to start of Dec.

I've been playing for 10 hrs straight, lol.

IGN is Glint on Anchorhead Rep, if anyone's here (we are full @_@)
Old 2011-12-16, 05:29   Link #812
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Playing this game. Got my Marauder to lvl 15, almost finished with the Dromund Kaas main storyline. Haven't touched any of the Heroic quests there though, I'll probably do that after I complete the storyline.

Awesome game. Best solo gameplay in any MMO I've seen thus far.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 17:48   Link #813
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

i lol @ the queue times already. Game isn't really released yet and their are massive queues.
Old 2011-12-16, 18:24   Link #814
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
i lol @ the queue times already. Game isn't really released yet and their are massive queues.
Hopefuly not so bad on release.......AHHHH Who am I kidding?! its gonna suck! XD
Old 2011-12-16, 18:51   Link #815
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't they say they were releasing in batches. Setting up new servers as they went in an effort to avoid those problems?
Old 2011-12-16, 19:58   Link #816
Xion Valkyrie

Level 50 on the EU servers already O_o
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 20:30   Link #817
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Level 50 on the EU servers already O_o
Ask them a question about the main story, they'll "Derp?"
Old 2011-12-16, 20:43   Link #818
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ask them a question about the main story, they'll "Derp?"
Then again, in that guy's defense the story has nothing to do with the endgame, which shall be raids. It does not change spells, it does not change endgame villains, it does not change the overall story that much from a Cold War setting. You are either nice or a prick in your cutscenes. In the end, it is an MMO and as much as BW touts story the MMO medium is limiting. And, some people may not give a damn about the story and just want an MMO with lightsabers. Even if BW made TOR a fantastic gripping story, there will be a crowd that just skips it and bitches about no endgame.

Also he may still understand the story completely. In beta I often read the subtitles and moved on before the voices finished. It saved a lot of time. Furthemore, not to sound like a snob, but the stories are not extraordinary complex (okay this sounds snob-like anyway, sorry). Players may be fun to some and that is perfectly fine, but we are not talking about Planescape Torment story either. I am not going to get into the flaws I think TOR's has story since I have already bitched about it and I should probably just move on anyway.

Although, this is probably just a cookie cutter leveling scheme or perhaps an XP exploit in the works.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 20:50   Link #819
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And in the final 'Choose Your Side' video, we are presented with the Smuggler and Sith Warrior...

Also of interest: a new Star Wars comic with an Imperial agent as the lead character... and yes, it's rife with Bond nods.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 20:53   Link #820
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

has anyone picked a Miraluka (blind race) yet?

and why is it in those Pick your sides, the dark side class always has these butt heads who think "Smuggler doesnt have a light saber" I really wanted to slap him at the back of his head for that.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows