AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-30, 09:55   Link #281
Tbolt

I posted awhile back that how scary is Ise that his life force goes from 0 to infinity.

The infinity isn't whats scary its the 0, and whats scary is that when it is a 0 Ise is still alive so if your an enemy and you know that what do you think "can I kill his guy"?

It may just be a fluke but what if that is Ise norm now, how do you kill some one with 0 life but does not die?
Old 2014-05-30, 09:58   Link #282
lived_1714

Issei is not a full shounen main character, let's check it:

Tragedy background? Nope.
Prodigy Bloodline? Nope. (GR and Ophis doesn't count since it's Issei action that leads him to that part.)
Blood-relative members being super powerful? Nope.
No kill? Nope.
Pure heart? Nope.

So there you are, High school DxD wouldn't run on normal shounen formula in my opinion.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 10:04   Link #283
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived_1714 View Post
Issei is not a full shounen main character, let's check it:

Tragedy background? Nope.
Prodigy Bloodline? Nope. (GR and Ophis doesn't count since it's Issei action that leads him to that part.)
Blood-relative members being super powerful? Nope.
No kill? Nope.
Pure heart? Nope.

So there you are, High school DxD wouldn't run on normal shounen formula in my opinion.
Him not getting any girls in his first year seemed like a tragedy to him

His heart is pure.... purely focused on breasts

the way his character evovles does follow shonen

1. Gets powerups from out of nowhere when people he care about die/hurt

2. Does training to improve his powers without starting out uber strong

3. Fights opponents who start out strong but eventually get defeated when he gets a plot driven power up/ability/other Deus ex machina

4. Passionate about protecting friends

5. Used a comedic tool
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 10:07   Link #284
Kirihara_R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Issei has died twice in this series, i doubt the same thing will happen again. Perhaps, he could be somehow accidentally thrown to Chichigami-sama world
hahaha of course I was joking, its just that It made me laugh when isse say that
Spoiler for volume 17:

Last edited by Kirihara_R; 2014-05-30 at 10:32.
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 10:13   Link #285
Kutra

About Ise's bloodline, I'm still waiting an explanation about Ise's lack of demon power (at the beginning he has even less power than a child)
Kutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 10:14   Link #286
charasu
DigiDestinied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I posted awhile back that how scary is Ise that his life force goes from 0 to infinity.

The infinity isn't whats scary its the 0, and whats scary is that when it is a 0 Ise is still alive so if your an enemy and you know that what do you think "can I kill his guy"?

It may just be a fluke but what if that is Ise norm now, how do you kill some one with 0 life but does not die?
if you can't kill him. then seal him
===================================
so this is vol 18 cover huh, irina second pair of wing so small
Spoiler for :

Last edited by charasu; 2014-05-30 at 10:34.
charasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 10:34   Link #287
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charasu View Post
if you can't kill him. then seal him
sure piece of cake.

it not like he's best buds with the top dogs from heaven and hell and the fallen angels.

nor that he's part of team DxD who's filled with insanely gifted and strong peeps who pretty much adore him.

nor that he himself is one insanely strong mofo that makes anyone who's not ultimate class or higher shit their bridges.

yeah, just "seal" him it's not like anyone that would even try this would have to put their life on the line to even get close to the guy.
you either get in line to kiss his ass or you stay out of his way and hope he doesn't want to shit all over you for some reason.
Old 2014-05-30, 10:42   Link #288
Soji

sunsengnim@You forget the Yokai faction thanks to what he(and his friend)did during that trip a Tokyo.

And how could you forget Ophis and GR? I mean he still like their child (in some way, thank his new body).

Anyway, I agree with you, seal him is not an option or better only a suicide without brain would try that.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 10:51   Link #289
charasu
DigiDestinied

so, it safe to say that no one out there that can kill/seal isse
only can can beat isse if isse opponent overpowered him like rizevim huh
coz isse life force goes from 0 to infinity
charasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:12   Link #290
Tbolt

The biggest Allie Ise has when fighting strong foes is there arrogance, and that arrogance leads them to not take Ise seriously.

Riser, Diodora, Loki, Cao Cao, Shalba and others were atop the arrogance pyramid and look where they are now.
Old 2014-05-30, 11:23   Link #291
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Vali is at this moment in time stronger that is what everyone is saying, I'm not arguing that

What everyone else is also saying on this board is that

1. Vali BB is not > True queen

2. Vali will not stay stronger than Ise forever, Ise will catch up

3. As of Vol 17 Ise is catching up, not falling further behind like you are saying
I never said it was stronger, I said they were equal.

On the second point I don't see it happening till the very end or the epilogue because Vali's role is to be the stronger rival.

And I didn't say he was falling behind. I said he hasn't caught up yet.

And you're the one saying it, not "everyone".
Old 2014-05-30, 11:25   Link #292
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Him not getting any girls in his first year seemed like a tragedy to him

His heart is pure.... purely focused on breasts

the way his character evovles does follow shonen

1. Gets powerups from out of nowhere when people he care about die/hurt

2. Does training to improve his powers without starting out uber strong

3. Fights opponents who start out strong but eventually get defeated when he gets a plot driven power up/ability/other Deus ex machina

4. Passionate about protecting friends

5. Used a comedic tool
Ise's powerups are always logical, though. They aren't just out of nowhere for the sake of plot advancement.

@Tbolt Agreed, but Rizevim and the others aren't arrogant and don't look down on Ise, which makes the battles that much better.
Old 2014-05-30, 11:25   Link #293
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I never said it was stronger, I said they were equal.

On the second point I don't see it happening till the very end or the epilogue because Vali's role is to be the stronger rival.

And I didn't say he was falling behind. I said he hasn't caught up yet.

And you're the one saying it, not "everyone".
Vali's role is to be the rival not to always be stronger

Not one person on this board or character in the novel other than you said vali normal BB = true queen
Old 2014-05-30, 11:27   Link #294
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Vali's role is to be the rival not to always be stronger

Not one person on this board other than you said vali normal BB = true queen
No, he's the stronger rival. Kiba is his equal and Saji is the weaker one. That's how its been from the beginning.

Aside from several posts saying they agreed with me....
Old 2014-05-30, 11:30   Link #295
aw454wtr

Quote:
No, he's the stronger rival. Kiba is his equal and Saji is the weaker one. That's how its been from the beginning.

Aside from several posts saying they agreed with me....
What they agreed on is that vali is stronger for now not that that will stay that way forever ise will catch up, likely when he unlocks his new body's power in the novel not in an epilogue no way EJOD is stronger than great red+ophis powers
Old 2014-05-30, 11:33   Link #296
DocBernax2814

Quote:
What they agreed on is that vali is stronger for now not that that will stay that way forever ise will catch up, likely when he unlocks his new body's power in the novel not in an epilogue no way EJOD is stronger than great red+ophis powers
Now, Now kids. Play nice or there would be no cake for you tonight.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:37   Link #297
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Now, Now kids. Play nice or there would be no cake for you tonight.
Bolded to draw attention not flame, sorry if it came off that way
Old 2014-05-30, 11:43   Link #298
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I'M TALKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW YOU INGRATE!!!!

*cough*

The author has built Vali up as Ise's stronger rival from the beginning. He is literally the epitome of what a Heavenly Dragon Emperor is supposed to be.

Ise grows sideways. He gets tons of new and unusual powers that unbalance the game. These help him close the gap between him and stronger opponents.

Vali grows the normal way at an absurd pace. He's been called the strongest Hakuryutei in history.

Ise is never going to outmatch Vali in sheer stats unless the author drastically changes the game. That doesn't mean he will always lose, just that on paper Vali has higher stats.

It makes no literary sense for the author to remove one of the primary motivators for Ise's growth at this stage, not to mention the fact that his ability has already reached God-level (tentatively) and Ise is nowhere near that.

The two of them are on the same side against the same enemy. There is no reason to have some sort of climactic showdown right now. And that is the only way Ise could definitely prove that he surpassed Vali. If it happens, it will happen at the end.
Old 2014-05-30, 11:47   Link #299
aw454wtr

Quote:
I'M TALKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW YOU INGRATE!!!!

*cough*

Ise is never going to outmatch Vali in sheer stats unless the author drastically changes the game. That doesn't mean he will always lose, just that on paper Vali has higher stats.
Body OF Dragon God stats>>>>half lucifer stats the author has already drastically changed Ise's stats

Prior to vol 12 yes vali's stats were much higher, but that is not the case anymore,

the reason vali still is stronger now is due to his experience and full understanding of his body's abilities, keep in mind we don't know just how old Vali is, he could have had a 100 year head start to use his body and DD compared to Ise who has less than 1 year exp

even vali said ophis alone is stronger than him, a body that has both ophis and great red's genetics, that's too high stats compared to anyone

Key word you said in the end, end does not equal epilogue, that would mean Ise vs Vali in the final chapter of the last volume is still a viable thing
just because they are not enemies does not mean they are not destined to have a one on one fight sometime in the future

Last edited by aw454wtr; 2014-05-30 at 11:57.
Old 2014-05-30, 11:55   Link #300
XFire
150% done

Quote:
BODY OF DRAGON GODS STATS>>>>VALI'S STATS

even vali said ophis alone is stronger than him, a body that has both ophis and great red, that's too high stats already
.................................................. ........Okay, he's joking, right?

Quote:
[On top of that Uroboros’ power is added into it. Even in this state, your basic physical abilities have improved a bit from before. ……Well you were originally crap to begin with, so it only improved that much……]

I’m sorry for originally being crap! I was just an ordinary high school boy!
Ophis is stronger than Vali, but Ise doesn't have Ophis strength. His body was created by GR and Ophis and may have some of their abilities. He did not inherit their power levels. If he did the game would already be over because he'd be invincible.

And so far all that's been shown is dragonification (which is more because he's actually a dragon now rather than a human) and weird life sign reading.

Tags
dxd, harem