AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 13:18   Link #661
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
So talking about genolgy is racist . Saying you are a direct descendant is also racist ?
You mean genealogy, and no, I have no problem with that. I have problems with connotation-laden terms and concepts like "purity". Let's please avoid this ugly term, since - to my knowledge, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - it has never been part of the Mahoukaverse.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:19   Link #662
TrueAlchemist

By the way, did anyone post this in the thread, yet?
In the Yotsuba's family tree, it has different colors.

According to anon,
Quote:
Dark blue: Death before Maya's abduction
Blue: Killed in action in the War for revenge against Dahan
Pale blue: Dies after the war for revenge against Dahan
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:21   Link #663
amtro
Distro

No, Tatsuya is not Shiba Tatsurou's biological son. He's adopted by the Shibas and raised believing that he was Miyuki's brother.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:22   Link #664
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
There is still something I don't see the point of doing: What's the point of giving Tat a dead fiancée?

It cause a problems in term of character ages, Tat's abilities prior to his mind-rape and the order of events. Unless they were babies at the time, which makes her totally irrelevant storywise because Tat never knew her. Then add that his fiancée has to die for Miyuki to be created...

People are also talking about Shiva's parallels, well there are myths about demons impersonating Parvati to trick Shiva...
No, I think Tatsuya is 17 years old, since they used cryopreservation. And she was probably a fiance that Tatsuya never really knew. Or knew for a very short period of time. Perhaps it was assumed that Tatsuya would become the head as the firstborn and they had a prearranged marriage arranged with the sponsor beforehand.
Tatsuya is also apparently very shocked about the revelation.

Then Miyuki being related to her is just alluding to Sati and Parvati being a reincarnation of her. Sati being Shiva's first wife. Obviously Parvati being a huge inspiration for Miyuki's character and background.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:24   Link #665
Lord_Odin93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Wow, I cannot believe, you caught this.
Quote:
This is interesting. So, Actual Shiba and Shinonome family lines may be still existing.
Hmm... Do you think, they may be sponsors of Yotsuba or are relatives of sponsors?
Who knows, for all we know Tsutomu Satō could just be egging us on in our guessing. Although when we look at what we've read in the last 15 Novels, The "Sponsors" are someone that has been around for the last century holding enough power to make even the former head of the previous greatest Clan of Japan, Retsu Kudou avoid them rather than do anything to anger them. Referencing back at Volume 14, Chapter 3 he may know who they are.
Lord_Odin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:28   Link #666
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You mean genealogy, and no, I have no problem with that. I have problems with connotation-laden terms and concepts like "purity". Let's please avoid this ugly term, since - to my knowledge, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - it has never been part of the Mahoukaverse.
You have no business policing the speech of others. Blood purity is very relevant in mahouka, most mages introduced thus far are purebred mages, you just don't notice it because they are not discriminated against based on that, but instead it's raw power that is the topic.
Shizuku and Leo are confirmed half bloods, with Shizuku being among the best of her year and well respected. Mizuki is distantly related to an ancient magic practitioner and thus is mostly human.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:34   Link #667
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Odin93 View Post
Who knows, for all we know Tsutomu Satō could just be egging us on in our guessing. Although when we look at what we've read in the last 15 Novels, The "Sponsors" are someone that has been around for the last century holding enough power to make even the former head of the previous greatest Clan of Japan, Retsu Kudou avoid them rather than do anything to anger them. Referencing back at Volume 14, Chapter 3 he may know who they are.
ahhh you see here that bit wasn't translated so we don't know in detail.

BTW amtro ,yellow and the others do you guys(those who have the book) plan to hold back info till 9 or you will go with the flow ?
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:41   Link #668
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
BTW amtro ,yellow and the others do you guys(those who have the book) plan to hold back info till 9 or you will go with the flow ?
Why would they have to hold back until 9th?
And, we are already discussing the photos with texts from vol.16.
And, even if we hold back until 9th of May, it will not change anything because there is no guarantee that others will scan and post electronic copy or illustrations of vol.16.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:44   Link #669
zerozeronine

So I'm getting confused,if Tatsuya is Maya's son,from her unfertilized egg and Miyuki is cloned from his dead fiancee,that makes Miya and Tatsurou never having any child?

@ Mentar,never did see "purity" as racist especially when the series deals with genetics and intermarriages between magicians,like Shizuku being a mudblood (HP reference)
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:45   Link #670
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
No, Tatsuya is not Shiba Tatsurou's biological son. He's adopted by the Shibas and raised believing that he was Miyuki's brother.
wait, is it confirmed that Tatsuya is not Tatsurou's son, not even the fact that Tatsurou could have provided the sperm for Maya's eggs?

about the blood-thing, I can see Mahouka has it, just not in-your-face like Harry Potter where some individuals even attempt to wipe out the so-called "half-blood" because of....reasons

In Mahouka, the 10MC system is a symbol akin to "bloodlines", they were created to maintain, concentrate and improve the magic prowess after all, the more closely you're related to the main clans, the more chance you have to be a strong magician.

Of course, on the other hand, in Mahouka, as long as you have the ability, you're set regardless of the family history (the 10MCs may even try to marry you into their family )
Old 2015-05-03, 13:45   Link #671
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Why would they have to hold back until 9th?
And, we are already discussing the photos with texts from vol.16.
1)I highly doubt we don't have more illustrations than those already posted.
2)Nothing new has been posted for a while now I remember vol 15 to be hectic when it came out ppl were like "wait I am gonna post more after I finish this ch ..."
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:50   Link #672
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
1)I highly doubt we don't have more illustrations than those already posted.
2)Nothing new has been posted for a while now I remember vol 15 to be hectic when it came out ppl were like "wait I am gonna post more after I finish this ch ..."
You can join the discussion after 9th of May if that makes you happy.
And, I don't understand why you and another one are so clinging to B/W illustrations. Let me repeat one last time. The person who started sharing spoiler at 2chan, is not the same person who shared pictures with text and color illustration at 2chan. But, some of pictures with text back up some of spoilers by the first person who started posting spoilers at 2chan. In the past, people share the illustration first, and text later, but this time, these guys are sharing color illustration and some interesting text first.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-03 at 14:34.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:51   Link #673
Lord_Odin93

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
So I'm getting confused,if Tatsuya is Maya's son,from her unfertilized egg and Miyuki is cloned from his dead fiancee,that makes Miya and Tatsurou never having any child?

@ Mentar,never did see "purity" as racist especially when the series deals with genetics and intermarriages between magicians,like Shizuku being a mudblood (HP reference)
Well in truth we don't have all the information. From what has been said, Tatsuya is Maya's son from an "unfertilized egg" supposedly taken and frozen before she was kidnapped. If this holds true, then Tatsuya is her son, however, the uncertainty comes from who exactly is his father. From what has been said from the start of the series, Tatsurou seems to be his father, but since all of this information started coming, who knows anymore.

Now tying back to Miyuki. It's also said that she is the clone of Tatsuya's deceased Fiancée, but to answer your question. In biological terms Miya may truly not have a child that is her, for all she could have been is a surrogate mother to Tatsuya and Miyuki.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:52   Link #674
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
wait, is it confirmed that Tatsuya is not Tatsurou's son, not even the fact that Tatsurou could have provided the sperm for Maya's eggs?

about the blood-thing, I can see Mahouka has it, just not in-your-face like Harry Potter where some individuals even attempt to wipe out the so-called "half-blood" because of....reasons

In Mahouka, the 10MC system is a symbol akin to "bloodlines", they were created to maintain, concentrate and improve the magic prowess after all, the more closely you're related to the main clans, the more chance you have to be a strong magician.

Of course, on the other hand, in Mahouka, as long as you have the ability, you're set regardless of the family history (the 10MCs may even try to marry you into their family )
Yes, Tatsuya is biologically Maya's and the only one thinking otherwise is him.

Quote:
>>124879170
darthvader.jpg

>「貴女は、私の息子なのだから」
>>124879222
>司波深雪と司波達也が婚約したこと
>>124879277
>新魔法のお披露目も、これで無事に終わった。

I am your mother confimed
Old 2015-05-03, 14:07   Link #675
steam fish

but wasnt the reason tatsuya was supposed to have almost limitless psion count because of tatsurous genes?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 14:11   Link #676
amtro
Distro

Yes, but there are others with the high psion trait and from Minoru we know that it can be manufactured. There's also the illustrious Abe grandmother to consider.
Old 2015-05-03, 14:29   Link #677
aortax

So in this volume do they go to school ? Is it all about the succession ?
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 14:31   Link #678
Lord_Odin93

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Yes, but there are others with the high psion trait and from Minoru we know that it can be manufactured. There's also the illustrious Abe grandmother to consider.
The part about Abe Yasuyo (阿部 泰夜) is very interesting. I've read that the kanji for "Abe" (安倍), (阿部) has changed back and forth between the centuries. I wonder if Satō intentionally laid all of this out to somehow tie back to the story with a deep meaning.
Old 2015-05-03, 14:35   Link #679
Lord_Odin93

Quote:
All we have to go off, are brief summaries of the first couple pages it seems. Personally, in another week when i can get my hands on the book. I'll read and translate at my own leisure.
Old 2015-05-03, 14:36   Link #680
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Yes; according to anons who read preview of vol.16 at Dengeki site, the volume started from the school, and it talks about grading and school related stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Odin93 View Post
The part about Abe Yasuyo (阿部 泰夜) is very interesting. I've read that the kanji for "Abe" (安倍), (阿部) has changed back and forth between the centuries. I wonder if Satō intentionally laid all of this out to somehow tie back to the story with a deep meaning.
This is very interesting. It may be another wordplay.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy