Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-27, 11:43   Link #81
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
It must have gotten auto-pruned because I didn't put any tropes on it, and I do not know what to put on it. Do you want to give it a shot?
Adding tropes? Sure. Recreate your trope page? I don't remember how the page was.
Old 2015-06-28, 00:02   Link #82
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...e/WarshipGirls Second attempt at the page is now live. Please get as many applicable tropes added as fast as you can so this doesn't get pruned again.

Also, each of the character pages is in need of tropes.
Old 2015-07-04, 01:35   Link #83
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

This game is now meeting some trouble between developer and the distributor. It's a major topic of contention right now apparently, serious enough that the distributor is sending legal writ to the studio over breach of contract as a threat.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 04:13   Link #84
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh. Is it between the Chinese developer and it's Chinese Publisher?
Old 2015-08-09, 22:27   Link #85
Tsukaze

I'm New Here,Nice To Meet All Of You,
Please Help Me,What The Meaning Of This.

Sorry If Link Does Not Work https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...hXETFRfSNRxsy_

Last edited by Tsukaze; 2015-08-09 at 22:37.
Tsukaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 04:51   Link #86
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Update's coming soon™.

Not sure if I really like the new battle interface. Seems even slower than it currently is.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 08:43   Link #87
luis9992

Hello!!
I am from Argentina.
I have only one PC and not as required by this game Ipad
I like to play calmly from my pc ?? is it possible?
luis9992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 06:02   Link #88
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Update's coming soon™.

Not sure if I really like the new battle interface. Seems even slower than it currently is.
Good lord, even my Lenovo is dying with the original version.

The only thing missing? VOICE ACTING.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 02:25   Link #89
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hows this project going?
Old 2016-02-19, 08:23   Link #90
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

As far as I know, the game's going very well and has been expanding fairly fast. One possible roadbump ahead is that the developer of the game will be engaging in legal action with the former publisher, and who knows where that will go.

The recent update introduced costume changes. Ninghai and Pinghai both got Chinese-New-Year-themed costumes, Aoba got an idol singer outfit, and Lady Lex has a special appearance in a wedding dress.

We've had a number of fun events recently, especially the USS Yorktown & USS Enterprise event, whose final boss was a combination of Akagi and Kaga.

This player managed to get Enterprise with his very last set of repairs.

Old 2016-10-02, 20:44   Link #91
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Warship Girls just celebrated its second anniversary, and is currently in the midst of a 2-week-long event. The game has really come into its own, especially over the past year. It has differentiated itself quite a bit from its original Kancolle roots to become a fairly unique game on its own.

The publisher, MoeFantasy, has also recently opened an office in Akihabara, while the JP server (senkan shoujo) is currently in closed beta [twitter link].

Some of the different gameplay mechanics in Warship Girls include:
  • Different battle animation: See video in previous post.
  • Costumes: I'm aware that KC has new CG in seasonal events, but WSG goes a step further by making it permanent. The girls will wear their costumes during battle as well.
  • Skills: Remodelled ships have skills (at 1:05 of the video in the previous post, Rodney-kai uses her Big 7 skill, which allows her to hit 3 enemies), which adds diversity to the roster. Recent events have been designed with skill diversity in mind. Example below in E6 of current event.
  • Port defense event: See below.

WSG's last two events have been really good. The event a month ago featured a port defense structure that is very different from the usual map-completion system that's usual of WSG and KC. The current event is essentially a walk down memory lane of all the events that WSG has organised in the past.

Southern Base Defensive Event 14Sep - 21st Sep

Game's description:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Instead of sending the girls to attack a map and defeat abyssals, the abyssals strike back and attack your base this time, so you have to send your girls to defend against the wave-after-wave of abyssals.

As you are defending instead of attacking, you can prepare three fleets instead of one. In addition, you can select a friend's fleet as a fourth fleet to help you in your defence.

There are four stages in all, each of which consist of up to five rounds. Each round features two to four diverse groups of abyssal fleets that you have to defeat in order to get to the next round. The final stage, E4, has 17 abyssal fleets in total. The rules are:
  • There are limits on the BB/BC and CV that you can bring across three fleets (E4 had a limit of 5BB/BC and 4CV across three fleets), but there are no limits on the friend's fleet;
  • Fleet compositions cannot be changed once you start a defence (until you clear the stage or give up);
  • Fleets cannot be repaired once you start a defence (until you clear the stage or give up);
  • Fleets can only be refuelled in between rounds, but cannot be refuelled during a round, i.e: when you start a round, you have to defeat all four abyssal fleets before you can refuel;
  • Only a limited number of refuels is allowed for each stage (five refuels for E4);
  • The friend fleet cannot be refuelled, so if you send them in for earlier rounds, they may not have enough fuel and ammo to deal full damage to final boss; and
  • The friend fleet cannot be sent in anymore once of its members takes heavy damage.
  • Each friend's fleet can only be used once a day, so if you bring a friend's fleet for a defence and fail, you have to choose another friend's fleet for every other attempt on that day.

What makes this event unique is that it requires a lot of planning before beginning a port defence, as well as a lot of good decision-making during the defence itself. One does not simply put together a whole fleet of strong ships and hope to stomp the abyssals into submission. Each round has diverse opponents, generally consisting of: one strong fleet; one 4SS + 1 or 2 others; one SS + 4 or 5 others; and one weak fleet.

Choosing the right girls to bring and assigning them together to form the right fleet composition are very important factors to consider before beginning the defence, otherwise the fleet will be misallocated for fighting the two fleets with 4 and 1 SS each. During the defence itself, every decision could prove crucial, such as: which battle to fight first; when to send in the friend's fleet; and when and which fleet to refuel. If you make the wrong decision at any point, that could screw up your fleets' resources and leave them with insufficient fuel and ammo for the boss battle.

While cookie-cutter builds can be helpful, so many things can happen over 17 battles that every attempt ends up being unique, so every player has to be prepared to improvise on the spot. Needing to go into night battle in an early round may mean that you have to refuel earlier than planned, or taking medium damage on a key ship may mean that you have to change your order of battle in order to clear the round.

In my case, I followed a guide for E4, but one of my friend's ships took heavy damage in round 3, so I had to deviate from the guide in order to make do without them for the last two rounds. The last ship in the boss battle (flagship) had 27 hp left after I fully exhausted my main fleet, and I sent in my secondary fleet, which had literally 0 fuel and ammo after going into night battle. Brooklyn-kai dealt exactly 27 damage to clear the stage, so if I had made even one more wrong decision in the earlier rounds, then my attempt would have failed.

This video shows a Japanese player's attempt at the port defence, though he only got as far as E2:

I can't find a video of E4 on youtube, though there is this video on NND. You can clearly see the key moments when the streamer was pausing for a long time in order to ponder over his next decision.

E4 reward: USS Baltimore

Warship Girls 2 Years Anniversary Event 23rd SEP - 8th OCT

This event primarily serves as a walk down memory lane, and what a walk it has been indeed!

The event has six stages, one for each of the five bosses in the five event maps that WSG has had over the past 2 years, plus one more new boss for the event:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
  1. D.YAMATO - Taihou event
  2. ZUIKAKU - Shoukaku-Zuikaku event
  3. PACHINA - Veneto event
  4. AKAGI-KAGA - Enterprise event
  5. BISMARCK-TIRPITZ - Odinn event
  6. SUKHBAATAR-ODINN - current event

The final map only has one node with very formidable ships in positions 1 and 3 (Sukhbaatar and Odinn respectively). There is one inconspicuous shipgirl that performs very well on this map, which is Amethyst-kai, whose skill functions as a taunt that raises that raises her chances of being targetted. Amethyst's remodel was only introduced in the patch directly before the event began, and everyone originally thought that it was a useless skill since it raises the probability of a low-HP ship taking heavy damage and forcing the fleet to retreat before boss. However, when the map consists of only a boss node, that skill is very important in order to draw fire away from your damage dealers, while a ship can't sink if the map has only one node.

For newer players, even the first map can be a struggle.

For older players, the first two or three maps bring back fond memories of how we all struggled back then before we had the newer remodels and the newer equipment like armour-piercing shells. Those were fun times indeed, back when the English 16-inch +23 cannons were considered rare... And then we get to the last three maps, where we are reminded once again that we are all nothing but salted fish

E6 reward: USS Vestal

Last edited by frivolity; 2016-10-02 at 22:26.