AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2018-12-02, 11:53   Link #101
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so R.I.P. the Unicorn and the Banshee as both are dismantled?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 19:27   Link #102
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I read that the novelization basically further confirms both localized time reversal and time traveling ability of the Unicorn units.

So yeah they’re pretty OP.
Basically the author in an interview confirmed that the crystalistion effect on the Unicorn Gundam is from time travel. The unicorn gundam can unravel enemy mecha by making them flow back in time but the same effect will erode the unicorn gundam itself. Thats what the crystals are, the grunam unraveling.

Think of the time stone and how its used in Avengers: Infinity war. So yes, the Unicorn Gundam is ridiculously OP.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-12-03 at 00:12.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 19:51   Link #103
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I read that the novelization basically further confirms both localized time reversal and time traveling ability of the Unicorn units.

So yeah they’re pretty OP.
I've read the translation/summary of the NT novel and, boy, the Unicorn units are really something else.

Also, the Gundam NexT 0100 entries in the continuity after Unicorn should explain why there's no elaborate use of psychoframes in the F91 timeline. Most probably because the EF deemed them very dangerous after the incident with Phenex in NT. Or probably there will be even more terrible incident in the upcoming HF anime involving psychoframes. Can't wait.
Old 2018-12-02, 20:53   Link #104
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I've read the translation/summary of the NT novel and, boy, the Unicorn units are really something else.

Also, the Gundam NexT 0100 entries in the continuity after Unicorn should explain why there's no elaborate use of psychoframes in the F91 timeline. Most probably because the EF deemed them very dangerous after the incident with Phenex in NT. Or probably there will be even more terrible incident in the upcoming HF anime involving psychoframes. Can't wait.
It still doesn't make much sense that all of a sudden Earth Federation has become a weakling from F91 all the way to Victory, especially now 1)Federation has the psychoframes tech, and 2) you can still see all the new/variant MS from the Federation at this time
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 10:52   Link #105
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
so R.I.P. the Unicorn and the Banshee as both are dismantled?
Yeah literally because they were so so so OP.
Old 2018-12-03, 18:24   Link #106
John117xCortana

Is it me or was there some IBO style in the short Dijeh fight?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 19:53   Link #107
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Is it me or was there some IBO style in the short Dijeh fight?
Kinda. The mech-fight is fast and savage. Also, Martha & co are wearing Tekkadan's jackets in that scene .

Images
Move over, Kudelia!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-12-04, 11:45   Link #108
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Think of the time stone and how its used in Avengers: Infinity war. So yes, the Unicorn Gundam is ridiculously OP.
You mean to say that the EFSF somehow got the Time Stone after the events of Infinity War, and maybe the Mind Stone to build the Unicorn lines. Totally not excessive, not one bit
Old 2018-12-10, 10:24   Link #109
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Where is Banagher ?
Old 2018-12-10, 10:28   Link #110
bakato

You can read a summary of the novel on Zeon.
Old 2018-12-11, 11:31   Link #111
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Lol I just read the summary..WTF did Banagher and Minerva does all of that in Unciropn for nothing ? Serioulsy ?? Who cares about the other people of Narrative...
Old 2018-12-11, 18:21   Link #112
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
You can read a summary of the novel on Zeon.
What site are you talking about?
Old 2018-12-11, 18:34   Link #113
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
What site are you talking about?
Here.
Old 2018-12-12, 07:34   Link #114
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Lol I just read the summary..WTF did Banagher and Minerva does all of that in Unciropn for nothing ? Serioulsy ??
Banagher & Mineva gave people the knowledge, the truth about the UC Charter. After that, Banagher & Mineva left the rest to humanity and how they will act based on that revelation. It's arguable whether or not Banagher & Mineva's plan is actually better than FF's when it comes to the prosperity of the spacenoids, but they chose the more honest path. The spacenoids (& Newtypes) deserve to know their rights which have been robbed by the Federation since U.C. 0001. That's a seriously massive conspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Who cares about the other people of Narrative...
It's relative. Michelle Luio is the stepdaughter of Woomin Luio which is the great benefactor of AEUG during Zeta Gundam. NT also provides a closure to the side story of the runaway Phenex that went rogue in the CG animated short that we saw back then. It would've been weird if they don't follow up the Phenex story and address the issue about the rarity/absence of full-psychoframe MSs during F91 era considering how important a Unicorn unit is in UC-timeline right now. So, it's kinda important.
Old 2018-12-18, 22:35   Link #115
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
It would've been weird if they don't follow up the Phenex story and address the issue about the rarity/absence of full-psychoframe MSs during F91 era considering how important a Unicorn unit is in UC-timeline right now. So, it's kinda important.
The weird thing is that the Unicorn is being boxed like the Freedom was in Destiny. We could see them upgrade it into the Perfectability if need be, just in time for UC2.
Old 2018-12-24, 13:40   Link #116
ArmorPilot

So brave and glorious Federation grunt pilots job again? Well, at least we have Kobe Byarlant, the Tri-Stars and Conroy.

Maybe one day they'll adapt Federation Hooligans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The weird thing is that the Unicorn is being boxed like the Freedom was in Destiny. We could see them upgrade it into the Perfectability if need be, just in time for UC2.
So because of the huge success of Unicorn, they're trying to dance around the weirdness of Crossbones, F91, and Victory?

None of those were terrible, but they were freaking weird, especially the designs.
ArmorPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 09:05   Link #117
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I just finished watching Narrative in cinema and while I'm not the biggest UC fan in the world, I throughly enjoyed this. Greatly paced, good battle animation and surpringly enjoyable story in scene than on paper.

Reading some of the plot points beforehand, I wasn't expecting much but by the end of the movie I came out of it caring about the new characters a quite a lot, to the point where the Unicorn character cameos felt more like uncessary additions more than anything. Narrative was also a joy to watch in battle.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the story much to be honest but I really did. Definitely another good addition to UC.
Old 2019-01-19, 10:06   Link #118
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I just finished watching Narrative in cinema and while I'm not the biggest UC fan in the world, I throughly enjoyed this. Greatly paced, good battle animation and surpringly enjoyable story in scene than on paper.

Reading some of the plot points beforehand, I wasn't expecting much but by the end of the movie I came out of it caring about the new characters a quite a lot, to the point where the Unicorn character cameos felt more like uncessary additions more than anything. Narrative was also a joy to watch in battle.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the story much to be honest but I really did. Definitely another good addition to UC.
Sonic, you lucky SOB. Where did you watch it? My country won't play NT until February! Anyway, it's nice to hear a good news from you. I hope that I'll like it as well since I already like the first 23 mins.

Non-spoiler question: did the first 23 minutes that Sunrise gave away properly represents the rest of the movie? Does the rest of the movie get better after the initial 23 mins or going downhill or fluctuative?
Old 2019-01-19, 14:33   Link #119
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Another non-spoiler question: did they indicate when Narrative would hit BDs?
Old 2019-01-20, 00:04   Link #120
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Sonic, you lucky SOB. Where did you watch it? My country won't play NT until February! Anyway, it's nice to hear a good news from you. I hope that I'll like it as well since I already like the first 23 mins.

Non-spoiler question: did the first 23 minutes that Sunrise gave away properly represents the rest of the movie? Does the rest of the movie get better after the initial 23 mins or going downhill or fluctuative?
Over here in Malaysia its already a regular release at GSC cinema chains, I went to watch it with the friend I usually go shop gunpla with.

I can't comment on the 23 minutes video since I never watched it. It was already announced that it was coming here to Malaysia in January so I purposely avoided it. I can give it a watch later though.

All I can say is the movie pacing is fast so usually nothing drags on for too long, which makes sense since it focuses on a new cast of characters. It isn't really that much directly related to Unicorn other than the discovery of the reality breaking powers of the Psychoframes observed in Episode 7.