4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.83%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-10, 15:51   Link #461
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

Yeah i know it's just a toy comercial (thankfully not as bad as He-Man or M.A.S.K. etc)
but it seems to me they are building something up there.. like making us expect one day he will actually be able to do something like that....

and to the discussion about.. why Setsuna didn't kill Ali.. I think he wtfpwn'ed himself with piloting Exia at 100% power, and was all like.. oh my god (or in Setsuna's case Oh my Gundam.. ) how did that just happen.. but I really wanna see what that system can do to the other gundams.. since somehow I get the feeling that Virtue + Trans-AM mode will make Wing ZERO's buster rifle look like a toy gun, but I may be wrong..

Though I really think each suit will have it's special Trans-AM mode.. cause.. the speed only makes sense for close combat suit's like Exia.. Dynames with that speed boost would make absolutely no sense at all.. well the next episode will show more on that I guess

but as far as this season goes so far.. that episode was pretty awesome.. maybe that's cause I like combat stuff.. and this episode was like more combat than any other before.. maybe not the 15 hour battle episodes.. but those kinda had that exhaustion feeling which kinda made them kinda less enjoayble..besides the music during the ep22 battles was to effin awesome imho...
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 16:30   Link #462
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
and to the discussion about.. why Setsuna didn't kill Ali.. I think he wtfpwn'ed himself with piloting Exia at 100% power, and was all like.. oh my god (or in Setsuna's case Oh my Gundam.. ) how did that just happen.. but I really wanna see what that system can do to the other gundams.. since somehow I get the feeling that Virtue + Trans-AM mode will make Wing ZERO's buster rifle look like a toy gun, but I may be wrong..
Well, in this episode Setsuna had better time of reaction then Soma, and he not even modified human like Soma... maybe Trans-Am system changed not only Exia, but him too? Then Lockon can become a super-sniper even with one eye
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 16:54   Link #463
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i might be a bit evil but i really wanted the thrones girl to die a horrible death. she is just evil and she should have died. killed in the worst way.
Old 2008-03-10, 18:15   Link #464
Galdred

However, I tend to semi afree with Demongod86 (even though I didn't like GSD or GW) about the battles being a little underwhelming in G00: The plot and the characters progress nicely, but most battle featured a side having a tremendous advantage over the other one (invincible gundams of death taking out whole armies of sitting ducks by themselves, then the same gundams being stomped in no time as soon as the ennemy catches up militarily... ). Having Thrones stomp countless flags just to be instakilled by a guy with a gun is just a lost opportunity for an epic battle for me.

Even worse, the plan itself was just completely stupid (I mean, there is no way he could predict that they would be dumb enough to greet him on foot, and that Neena would run away instead of fusing him, so his plan is not much brighter than his opponents'. It is the lamest gundam theft so far IMO: it's not like he could not have sneaked to get that thing done).

It looks as if it were the reverse from what you would expect from a "normal" gundam series: The plot is no more just an excuse for having cool gundam battles, but in the other hand, the battles themselves do not make much sense, and seem entirely decided by plot needs without any "logical" outcome (not that the other gundam series were that logic, but I don't recall seing the pilots' capabilities vary so much in the other gundam shows).

The other thing that disappointed me is that Aeolia Schenberg was really just a peace mongering hippy, while I had hoped he was the bad genius with tortuous schemes that would be manipulating everyone to do his evil biding.

I still rated the episode 8 because I like the way the Gundam Meisters are progressing, and I find them far more likable than any gundam hero, and I find the series quite emotionnal, but I'd really like pilots to behave like they were really trying to use wits, willpower, tactics, stealth or whatever instead of just barging in and relying on deus ex machinas or huge technological advantages all the time. For me, it is a good show with gundams, but I find the gundam part itself a little disappointing.

Concerning lock on, having only one eye should not be a problem, he only needs one for snipping anyway; and it is really weird not to close the other (I guess he'd have to reconfigure his targeting computer so that it does not assist the missing eye).
Anyway, he looks good with an eyepatch.
Galdred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 18:19   Link #465
Trine

I have my gripes about Gundam 00, but as a whole I say it's the best Gundam I've seen since Turn-A/Zeta. G-Gundam was great for the audience it was targeting, but I think comparing 00 to Seed is just silly in the end, beam-spam and aces struggling for maybe 2-3 minutes in an entire series is just a fairy tale.

The fact is, the pilots are still growing and they can't grow if they die, so TransAm is necessary. I think we will see some real development out of the 4 Meisters in these last few episodes, maybe not to the level where they're instagibbing every pilot that isn't referred to by name, but there will be some.
Trine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 18:47   Link #466
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Oh man, I just finished watching the sub. That was EPIC.

I cant wait to see Setsuna unleash that on Sergei, Soma and their goons.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 19:05   Link #467
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

epic...10/10

the Trans-Am reminds me a little of hyper mode in G Gundam...

i dig it tho...

..also very glad lock-on is still around
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 19:33   Link #468
hamstar
just passing by

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-10, 19:49   Link #469
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

It is a deus ex machina, though. A deus ex machina more or less means "any sudden, newly intruduced solution to a problem." It can be a secret technique, the arrival of a new ally to stop a killing blow (as Setsuna was for Neena), or just about anything of which a foreign element is introduced just in time to solve a crisis. The Trans-Am is a deus ex: nothing hinted at it, and it became the moment-critical key to victory. Setsuna saving Neena was also a deus ex, but less so: we already knew that he was coming. Kapeesh?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 19:50   Link #470
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Shounen series have been built upon constant deus ex.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 20:08   Link #471
chitgoks

heck, even with one eye lockon's going to be deadlier...
super sniper mode!!!
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 21:38   Link #472
wtfftw

OMG this ep was pawnage xD

Even though the red gundam is cool and all its way too overpowered and lame if you ask me. Dont get me wrong i think the stuff looks cool and all. But i still think graham is the greatest cuz of skill. Now atm Setsuna is relying on Specs of the gundam yet again.

aaah one of my fav chars kicked the bucket :S R.I.P. Micheal. Aeolia is mafia crazy grandad had it all figured out. Alejandro got served i was so glad he got pawned.

I thought it would be better if thet kid shot alejandro in the back though.

Lol this ep is too good to even say more. Cant wait for next chap^^.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 21:51   Link #473
winter45

5 words.....

OMFG OMNI SLASH LIMIT BREAK!!!!!!

I normally hate super doopa gundum shit (points at seed and destiny) But that was F**KING awesome fighting sequence of TRANS-AM...

@demongod86

Dude take it easy man.... reason y kira and co was so bad @$$ is due to the fact all the grunts in the show are retarded, pathetic, stupid and mindless zombies......

come on dude no competition equals easy wins. Thats CE for you.

Now back to the world of 00.... Grunts are not all retatrded, pathetic, stupid and mindless zombies, they are trained, skilled, intelligent and have the ability to use some common sense. Hence y the meisters are having so much freaking trouble.

So yah alot of it is deus ex machina but tell me a gundum serie that doesnt have any?

But back to the this episode..... i gave it a 10 just for the combat sequence between setsuna and ali.. even tho im being totally biased....
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 21:52   Link #474
Cloudmaster101

i think the old man still alive! thats bulletproof glass!! cause the thing didnt shatter, just left a mark.
Cloudmaster101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 21:56   Link #475
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudmaster101 View Post
i think the old man still alive! thats bulletproof glass!! cause the thing didnt shatter, just left a mark.
You'd think though that if he was smart enough to predict that someone would hijack his moonbase he would've hidden his real self somewhere else.

Seems too cheap of a death for such an important figure.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 22:03   Link #476
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
5 words.....

OMFG OMNI SLASH LIMIT BREAK!!!!!!

I normally hate super doopa gundum shit (points at seed and destiny) But that was F**KING awesome fighting sequence of TRANS-AM...

@demongod86

Dude take it easy man.... reason y kira and co was so bad @$$ is due to the fact all the grunts in the show are retarded, pathetic, stupid and mindless zombies......

come on dude no competition equals easy wins. Thats CE for you.

Now back to the world of 00.... Grunts are not all retatrded, pathetic, stupid and mindless zombies, they are trained, skilled, intelligent and have the ability to use some common sense. Hence y the meisters are having so much freaking trouble.

So yah alot of it is deus ex machina but tell me a gundum serie that doesnt have any?

But back to the this episode..... i gave it a 10 just for the combat sequence between setsuna and ali.. even tho im being totally biased....
lol since when is OMFG a word :O, 8 words?

anyway i disliked GSD cuz of kira overpowerness but the fight what was it for me was Kira vs shin in the snow. And i sorta wanted that too with setsuna instead i get YET another RELY on GUNDAM specs and thats lame.

So i sorta semi agree with demigod. I dunno how but they could make these 2 fights better the ones with setsuna and ali and the one with thrones vs ali and HRL.

Reason why i think these fights is lame is cuz there was like no suspense in the fights for me at all. I was just like ............. wow and that was it. For me i should sweat from the tension then the ep got to me i didnt get that this time :S.

The cool stuff was aeolia and to see lockon's new fangirl(soap event). Now that i think of it the thrones who were they did they really want WORLD peace lol.

BTW winter45 whats so great about setsuna's fighting scene with the trans am. Its like only a hype a gundam moving faster then setsuna should actually be able to handle.
For me before the trans am was actually cool cuz you could see the difference in skill and experience. I just think its sad they dont make so many long scenes of those fights.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 22:26   Link #477
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LOL, gotta thank you G-lunatics yet again...You guys and your over-zealousness posting makes the day go by so quick at work...I read atleast 20 pages, so yeah...

Anyways, another remarkable ep with $hit no one knew was coming (Except maybe a few spoilertards)...Aoelia Schenberg in the flesh was just too much to chart...Mizushima is just slaying the audience each week with this stuff...I mean you'd think you'd have to wait til ep 50 to see something like this, but ep 22?? It slayed me...Dude was gettin' his Ted Williams cryogenic-suspended animation on like it was ALL GOOD...Dude really was gonna resurrect himself to oversee his new world (or so we think)...I thought the laffing by Alejandro was bit too cliche' shonen-villainy but I see it was used to make him feel like even a bigger fool with his gold-gun fantasy...

SO much $hit too cover, but even before Schenburg pwned that a$$ from purgatory this episode was hawt...From the GnX's beyblade technique, to the Throne ownage (literally and physically), to Gundam Exia's Kyuubbi-mode (Meh I wanted to be cool and say Kai-o-ken technique but it was used like ten times over)...This ep had lots of overwhelming stuff...I mean somewhere Andrew Waltfeltd (Lockon Google him^^) is sitting back pi$$ed off that someone else Gundamjacked a DAE-WOO ORANGE G-mecha and they actually showed how...Seems like this is a direct play on Gaia from last series...So does so much else, but that's a different story....I mean I know lots of people don't wanna hear comparisons, but if you watch certain elements of this show it's obvious to me they have taken numerous themes from GSD and simply executed them much better...From the terrorism angle, to the anti-hero leads, to the eradicating war with force, to the point about mirroring aspect's of today's waring-society (Oil, middle-east)...They're just executing all of this on a higher and more mature level with an added lack of predictability...I would not doubt that many staffers from last series whispered things into Mizushima's ear that pi$$ed them off from last series (I know just from reading people from that staff are doing stuff with this anime aswell)...

Moving on the pay-off of this episode, I guess I was kinda sad to see the Thrones get ended...First-off when the Enact found them they were already screwed since all Ali had to do was stomp on them and steal whatever he wanted....However in classic Ali form he baits them then coldly kills Micheal as he takes a glorified pleasure in making the kills his way...I thought it was cool the way his character design looked in this episode...We've seen the clean-cut, debonair Ali, the rugged pot-user bearded Ali, and now the elegant and regal Ali (They all kinda revert back to bloodlust Ali though when he suits up^^)... I mean Mizushima was right, because I don't think I could accept Ali's actions as much if he was an ugly or less dynamic character design, and this again is why Mizushima said he got Kouga to do the characters...It's just easier to swallow I guess...Unlike Johan's final seconds that got to me...

Now when I think back to the ep where he was sincerely puzzled by Setsuna attacking the Thrones...This guy really believed in being a Gundam Meister and that his role was significant in changing the world...Yeah he had psycho's for siblings but I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy as he seems as connected with his beliefs as does our main character...In the end Johan simply died the fate of one who pilots a Gundam...And to those who feel like maybe the Thrones didn't get enuff development before they got canned,...them the breaks...And that's why I love this series...Just like in life there are many soldiers with many great stories but once you get fragged that's it...It's all meaningless and I feel that Zeta-vibe with stuff like what happened to Johan and Micheal..."You f*kk up you die"...That has always been the sobering reality of the more realistic G-series and it's great to be able to see it again in a new series with my adult mind...

Next episode looks great too...It seems like anyone can die, and the fighting goes to another level if Trans-Am wasn't enuff...I wonder if I saw that preview correctly because it seems Ali has modified Zwei with some crude armaments which seems to make him fight more like a mobile armor (Tell me it doesn't look like he's flying Zwei like a MA in the preview)..Just showing the scene with Graham getting his GN FLAG equipped makes me wanna orgasm a bit, as I most certainly will when he next appears in it (Graham vs. Trans-AM?? )...Some minor flaws in the ep many have mentioned, but I just feel compelled by what I did enjoy to still give it a 10 outta 10...There's no way people reading spoilers are enjoying these eps as much as me...This ep was like Zeta meets F-91 right here...

Spoiler for 2 random thoughts:

Spoiler for Weekly Gundam Power Rankings:

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-03-10 at 23:39. Reason: syntax...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 22:28   Link #478
winter45

@WTFFTW

im being biased always loved the omni slash from FF7 and better illustrated from FF7 advent children. So it was like an uber moment for me to see it in this way in gundum.

Battles may have not the same suspence as CE but this is the first season.. We may get to see some in season 2. The director and team have already surprised us in multiple ways as further and further in the season. Im suspecting this is the directors way and approach how he wants to handle the show. Just feed us bit by bit till he blows us off our feets.

This can be backed up by lots of posters already giving their personal response to how the whole plot and fighting sequences has evolved as time went by. Even some posters who have droped the series admited now the pace is getting better the have recontinued watching the show.

But the director is no idiot and in some ways i think his doing this by purpose. But give the show a chance by watching it whole (after season 2 has ended) to give a better judgement. In my humble opinion i beleive its still way too early to give in just yet.

The fights are getting better. I was like meh with the first 12 or so episodes (Mind you i was drooling at the grunts abilities) but now its getting closer to what i like to see.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 23:26   Link #479
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Also if Ali killed Laguna Harvey what was the point in killing Kinue to help him out? Additionally I'm still not convinced he was talking to Harvey when he had that car-phone chat...This all points to him being down with Alejandro, but I've yet to make the evidential connection...
My personal view, is that Ali killed Kinue as a "favour" for Harvey, with the intention all along that he expected to be paid back in return with a free GN-X.

Harvey refused, so Ali whacked him with Alejandro's blessing. At least, that's how I see it.
Old 2008-03-10, 23:28   Link #480
Jays

How can anyone say that the fights in CE were better than this? Everytime a fight broke down in SEED, it was a garuantee that Kira and co would go berzerk and romp ass on every single thing. There was no element of unpredictability, no surprise, no emotion, that kinda thing. However, the same cannot be said for 00.

I keep thinking back to when Graham just out skilled Johann using a weaker mobile suit, and I could just feel the tension and feelings that Graham had. Samething goes for when Setsuna ingages Ali everytime, you could feel the hate in his voice and so forth. Although in small doses, it feels much better, and is certainly something to look forward to.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote