AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-09, 18:29   Link #4361
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
The impression I get is that the Clock Tower is basically just a university for magi. Certainly they have student dormatries. So, I don't see why Sakura and Rider could not visit them there.
I always got a Hogwarts vibe from it moreso than a normal university. Exclusive and off limits to those not already a part of it.

Quote:
He's Rin's teacher, it figures he'd come over to see what she's up to at some point.
Impression I got was that she was pretty much at the Clocktower the entire time from when she left in the summer until that 2 year later mark. He'd have no reason to visit her at Fuyuki since she'd be in London.

Quote:
Well, she does seem quite a sexual person, but I agree that she is unlikely to go after Waver. She's more into girls....
She just never struck me as the kind of person to just want to seduce and jump someone on meeting them. Everyone we saw her doing stuff with had some connection to her, not counting those she needed to get mana from while under Shinji's control.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 21:58   Link #4362
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Did Waver turn into a video game otaku?
Old 2013-09-10, 01:22   Link #4363
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Where are all these questions coming from?

Anyway, since he is a teacher at a school, and not just any school either, I doubt it's even possible for him to be any kind of otaku.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 02:06   Link #4364
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Nope in the character material he is actually confirmed as an avid player of japanese games and gets pissed at Rin when she tells him that she doesn't care about Akihabara.
Old 2013-09-10, 02:08   Link #4365
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Iskandar taught him well.
Old 2013-09-11, 11:09   Link #4366
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Nope in the character material he is actually confirmed as an avid player of japanese games and gets pissed at Rin when she tells him that she doesn't care about Akihabara.
Oh I understand him enjoying a lot of videogames in what little spare time he has. But I don't see how that makes him an otaku.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:20   Link #4367
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Something like:
Rin: I don't care about this Akiba or Nipponbashi.
Waver: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF You're the worst Japanese ever.
Old 2013-09-11, 19:20   Link #4368
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I always got a Hogwarts vibe from it moreso than a normal university. Exclusive and off limits to those not already a part of it.
Only in that it's kept secret from ordinary people. I don't see any indication that magi would be excluded, any more so than ordinary people are excluded from normal universites.

Quote:
Impression I got was that she was pretty much at the Clocktower the entire time from when she left in the summer until that 2 year later mark. He'd have no reason to visit her at Fuyuki since she'd be in London.
Erm, she didn't leave immediately after HF. It wasn't until another year or so later that she went to the Clock Tower. It seems like she returns about once a year.

Quote:
She just never struck me as the kind of person to just want to seduce and jump someone on meeting them. Everyone we saw her doing stuff with had some connection to her, not counting those she needed to get mana from while under Shinji's control.
Well, in HA she seems to have a thing for Ayako but, yes, you're probably right there.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 19:23   Link #4369
GDB

Quote:
Erm, she didn't leave immediately after HF. It wasn't until another year or so later that she went to the Clock Tower. It seems like she returns about once a year.
Doesn't she leave the same time as in UBW? Which, if I recall, was about 6 months after the war, or some time in the summer (around August). So that'd mean she'd have been gone about a year and a half by the time of the epilogue.
Old 2013-09-11, 19:28   Link #4370
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Doesn't she leave the same time as in UBW? Which, if I recall, was about 6 months after the war, or some time in the summer (around August). So that'd mean she'd have been gone about a year and a half by the time of the epilogue.
No, she's definitely around for a year post-HF, the narration demonstrates it. I think you're also probably wrong about UBW, although I'm not 100% certain, since Rin is a second-year student and, thus, should have another year of school before she goes off to the Association.
Old 2013-09-12, 00:27   Link #4371
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, the clocktower is in England right, so the school year would start at the end of summer, rather than the start of spring, which is how it is in Japan.

The game took place during the winter, so it makes sense for about 6 months to pass before she goes to London.
Old 2013-09-12, 16:53   Link #4372
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well, the clocktower is in England right, so the school year would start at the end of summer, rather than the start of spring, which is how it is in Japan.

The game took place during the winter, so it makes sense for about 6 months to pass before she goes to London.
The game actually takes place at the beginning of March (the date is shown in the bottom corner).

And, like I said, in HF at least Rin does not leave that summer. Rin is only a second-year student in the game, she has an entire year of school left to go.
Old 2013-09-12, 18:36   Link #4373
GDB

Quote:
The game actually takes place at the beginning of March (the date is shown in the bottom corner).
Pretty sure it takes place in February.

Quote:
And, like I said, in HF at least Rin does not leave that summer. Rin is only a second-year student in the game, she has an entire year of school left to go.
Why do you assume she finished out high school before leaving?
Old 2013-09-13, 01:07   Link #4374
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Spring had not yet arrived. And yes I'm pretty sure it's february.

Quote:
I don't know, her leaving during the summer makes a lot of sense.
Old 2013-09-13, 05:18   Link #4375
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

She finishes school first. The whole UBW true ending is basically them chatting about how quickly time passes and what they'll be doing in a year (since UBW true takes place on the last day of their second school year).
Old 2013-09-13, 06:42   Link #4376
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ah, right. She's a second year, so at the beginning of April she'd be a third year. This conversation would happen some time after that, such as fall, later that year.
Old 2013-09-13, 08:23   Link #4377
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Err no this conversation takes place in march one month after the holy grail war. The Japanese school year ends in March and starts in April.
Old 2013-09-13, 12:04   Link #4378
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, I suppose that's possible I guess. It just made sense to me that way. I mean, why talk about what to do after graduating when you're still in second year? (I know some people do this, no need to answer that, it was rhetorical)
Old 2013-09-13, 17:43   Link #4379
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

No it's not 'possible' Shirou says that it has been a month since the War.
They're talking about what to do since Shirou mentions that the last month went by in a flash and says that a year will probably pass by quickly too. And then it goes from there.
(I know you said not to answer but the conversation flows rather naturally into the topic so I just wanted to mention that.)
Old 2013-09-15, 09:19   Link #4380
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Pretty sure it takes place in February.
Hmm, yes, sorry.

Quote:
Why do you assume she finished out high school before leaving?
Well, because it would be odd for her not to do so. People don't usually skip the last year of school to go to university.

Plus, I know that she definitely does in HF, and in HF she went to the Clock Tower earlier due to the investigation, so it makes sense that she would do so in UBW also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post

She finishes school first. The whole UBW true ending is basically them chatting about how quickly time passes and what they'll be doing in a year (since UBW true takes place on the last day of their second school year).
Ah, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well, I suppose that's possible I guess. It just made sense to me that way. I mean, why talk about what to do after graduating when you're still in second year? (I know some people do this, no need to answer that, it was rhetorical)
No, the Japanese school year ends in March, not September.