AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-13, 04:38   Link #41
alex_drian

Looks like the Villainess subgenre is thriving. Good good.

Actually I'm pretty picky with this genre so they have been a hit or miss for me. This is one of my favorites and I'm so grateful that they are using manga designs which I think is the best way to enjoy the story, similar to Tensura case. Also the voice cast is excelent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hm, I kinda got the impression from the anime that it's still Pride but with the memories of her prior life, including the knowledge of the games story, superimprinted on her own and therefore she got a giant shock of conscience from that. AND her precogition therefore kicked in such that she can see visions of her evil deeds which would have happened without the merge of memories. Hence the trauma.
Yes. She said herself. She's still the same Pride with the memories of prior life. The first few minutes before the father incident she was still the same Pride pondering what to do then the incident happens and she had what was effectively an ephiphany. Also seems like she exchanged precog for prior life memories or mixed the two. Most likely the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This felt more like Bakarina where the person's personality from their past life basically overtakes the personality of their old body and explains why they pull a complete 180 in terms of characterization compared to, say, Aileen from I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss where outside her game knowledge her personality still seemed to be 100% Aileen.
Both cases and this one are the same. Bakarina case (I think is mentioned in LN?) is that she didn't have much in the head (because she's baka) so prior life personality basically overwrite most of the old but she's still the same person.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-13, 11:01   Link #42
Frontier

Wow, OG!Pride really was a complete psychopath. I mean, Ai Fairouz plays her really well, but jeez. No wonder everyone in the game hated her and wanted her dead, she was a complete villain even as a child. And it seems like Pride isn't the only one getting dreams or flashes of their life in the game, as Stale's experienced it too .

Poor Stale's mom. She gets murdered by her son in the original timeline but also loses him every time. She didn't want the money, she just wanted her child .

I guess the least Pride could do for Stale is make it so that he and his mom can correspond and write letters to each other, even if it's once a year, so Stale doesn't feel completely disconnected from her. And Stale goes from just feigning loyalty to Pride for the sake of getting back to his mother to genuinely feeling grateful and wanting to do right by her .

So Glibert's talking smack about Pride behind everybody's back even though she's not that girl any more...which just makes Stale want to become someone knowledgeable and mature enough to protect Pride and ensure she becomes the kind of queen he thinks she can be. Which also makes him more than a match for Glibert in a game of words even at such a young age, just don't compare the two for Stale's sake .

Kikuko Inoue is the mom AND the queen? That's like two of her main typecasts in one character. Next you'll tell me the mom is 17 (oi oi) .

I'm starting to think Stale's feelings for his sister are less than platonic the way he compliments her dress and the way he reacts to her calling him "dashing." They do look very cute dressed up all fancily like that .

Tiara is a cutie! Pride still feels a pang of jealousy after seeing how immediately popular she is, but she can't resist how cute her little sister is. She turned back into a fangirl for a second there .

Well, it's good to see the siblings all getting along and planning to work together for the sake of the kingdom, and it seems like Pride's maturity and love for her siblings has won over the populace .

So did the queen see the future where Pride goes evil? Was she not intending to give her the throne until she saw what she was like now? In the original timeline she wasn't able to do it because she died, so Pride got the throne by default, but now it's through her genuine strength of character .

Hiroki Yasumoto as a knight! I'm getting the sense that his son is one of the love interests from the game ?

The ED is pretty cute with the daily life and fun Pride, her family, friends, and acquaintances all have together with a very pleasant and soothing song .
Old 2023-07-13, 11:59   Link #43
magnuskn

I still don't get why he can't just visit her, especially since he's a teleporter. It seems a bit contrived, to be honest. Maybe it's in the contract, but then the rules are dumb in the first place. Giving him regular visits would make him even more motivated.
Old 2023-07-13, 12:21   Link #44
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So did the queen see the future where Pride goes evil? Was she not intending to give her the throne until she saw what she was like now? In the original timeline she wasn't able to do it because she died, so Pride got the throne by default, but now it's through her genuine strength of character .
The short answer is yes. Its kind of vague in the anime but the queen did purposefully keep Pride at a distance and favored Tiara to be successor. Pride's 'awakening' probably wouldn't have left much room for that in the original timeline either though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-13, 14:35   Link #45
Strahan

Quote:
I still don't get why he can't just visit her, especially since he's a teleporter. It seems a bit contrived, to be honest. Maybe it's in the contract, but then the rules are dumb in the first place. Giving him regular visits would make him even more motivated.
Yea, I was wondering the same. I saw another anime where a child was separated from her family with a contract to prevent them from being close anymore, at least in that show it had a valid reason for it. I don't see here why his visiting her would be any sort of problem. Or maybe hire her on as castle staff, then he can see her now and again around. (shrug)
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-13, 14:53   Link #46
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Yea, I was wondering the same. I saw another anime where a child was separated from her family with a contract to prevent them from being close anymore, at least in that show it had a valid reason for it. I don't see here why his visiting her would be any sort of problem. Or maybe hire her on as castle staff, then he can see her now and again around. (shrug)
Even after episode 2 it still feels forced, really forced. I'm just going to blame it on the author really didnt want to write story with her in it.
Old 2023-07-13, 15:30   Link #47
Greenish Growth

I've read other being-inside-a-story isekai novels where the royal family prevented meeting the adopted person's original parents to keep it absolutely hidden who the parents were to prevent future blackmailing and threats.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-13, 16:13   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There's a lot to take in with this one.

Kind of funny that Stale had a pretty tactical side to himself and was willing to conspire as needed. That ended up being used positively here though it might have made things even more awful in the other storyline. With that Pride being far more evil and conniving than Stale could ever hope to be. And utterly destroyed as she made him murder his own mother for kicks and then wouldn't let him end his own life. Depending on how far that goes too he might be prevented from taking actions with the intention of goading someone else to kill him.

I get Pride being freaked out honestly. It's far more real to her than just the story from a game. And kind of feels like her mind and body have really fused in this setting. She knows the storyline and everything, but has no problem accepting her identity as being Pride. So "her" actions are incredibly haunting to her. Plus I think for anyone having visions/dreams of doing absolutely evil things to people would really unsettle a person. Seeing yourself doing all that and reveling in the pain of others wouldn't be fun. All the more so with having to face the people being wronged repeatedly with them being none the wiser about it.

With Stale's restrictions I guess they are really leaning on the idea that he's become part of the royal family. So that he's no longer part of his "old mother's family" and it would be improper to visit her when he has no more official ties to her. Sounds like he was straight up purchased and removed from her family on an official level. I don't think it's a big deal for him to visit or write letters or that Pride should have had to fight as hard as she did for this much. But those be the rules until they get changed by someone motivated enough to put up a fight about it.

I'm not sure what to think on the Queen's actions. So she was able to see Pride going down the road of pure evil and both distanced herself and focused on Tiara instead until her death? And she still saw those visions for a while even after nothing bad happened and kept her distance? I'm not saying it's a shocking choice to focus on the child that screams "pure protagonist". Had to be awful to have visions of one child being pure evil. But up to the point of the parent's deaths I kind of wonder if that didn't contribute to Pride going evil. One of those self-fulfilling prophecies. Obviously Pride was way too evil for it to just be about that. But kind of wonder if neglect didn't help anything. Probably didn't matter too much due to the whole accident thing. But she wasn't exactly beloved by those around her before the point either.

I suppose the whole situation must be a bit weird for the Queen though. Had such a terrifying vision and now everything is great. Plus she can't see Pride's future which has to be all the more confusing.
Old 2023-07-13, 16:49   Link #49
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Quote:
It's about maintaining an Image.

Stale was a Commoner before being adopted to the Royal Family because of his abilities.

Normally, being adopted by the Royal Family would be seen as a great honor, but if he keeps going to his roots of Commoner life, then his position in the Noble Society would be questioned, and some may even charge him being disrespectful of the Royal Family.

Not to mention, he is supposed to be the future Prince/King Regnant, aka., he is supposed to marry Pride when they are both adults and help Pride rule the nation (since it's a matriarchal society it seems).

Also, as mentioned in the Episode itself.
Normally the payment for the adoption is giving at full to the parent of the child getting adopted, and it comes with the clause of not making any contact with the child (that means some form of contract is signed by the parent).
But they changed that rule here just for Stale, so that his mother would get monthly payment instead and he can have some secret communication with her.

And don't forget that Stale already singed a contract in Episode 1, which can have clause not allowing him to meet his mother.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 00:37   Link #50
magnuskn

Yeah, I get that there are rules and such. But they are pretty damn stupid rules, because of course subjecting a child to that kind of trauma will breed resentment in them for the people who now intend to be their parents and for the rest of royalty. It's just dumb. And, as if catty nobles wouldn't find something else to complain about Stale, if those idiotic rules were 100% enforced. If they are antagonistic in the first place, they will find ways to conspire and put out ugly rumors, etc. See the chancellor with Pride, where he's outright lying to other nobles about her still being an insufferable prick.
Old 2023-07-14, 08:12   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
The world building is this story's big weakness. A lot of things are the way they are... just because. To provide an ad hoc reason for the drama that's the basis of the current arc's "capture target".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not sure what to think on the Queen's actions. So she was able to see Pride going down the road of pure evil and both distanced herself and focused on Tiara instead until her death? And she still saw those visions for a while even after nothing bad happened and kept her distance? I'm not saying it's a shocking choice to focus on the child that screams "pure protagonist". Had to be awful to have visions of one child being pure evil. But up to the point of the parent's deaths I kind of wonder if that didn't contribute to Pride going evil. One of those self-fulfilling prophecies. Obviously Pride was way too evil for it to just be about that. But kind of wonder if neglect didn't help anything. Probably didn't matter too much due to the whole accident thing. But she wasn't exactly beloved by those around her before the point either.

I suppose the whole situation must be a bit weird for the Queen though. Had such a terrifying vision and now everything is great. Plus she can't see Pride's future which has to be all the more confusing.
Not to excuse Pride, but yeah. Her mother suddenly went from loving to absent and cold. At roughly the same time she had another child and spent all her spare time with her. It's no surprise Pride was messed up, even if turning into the complete monster she was does sound excessive.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 09:35   Link #52
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not to excuse Pride, but yeah. Her mother suddenly went from loving to absent and cold. At roughly the same time she had another child and spent all her spare time with her. It's no surprise Pride was messed up, even if turning into the complete monster she was does sound excessive.
Are you guys unfamiliar with Oedipus Rex for example? Trying to avoid prophecy is the easiest and surest way to make it come true.

As far as Stale I'm guessing it probably came down to magic potential and potential step-cest babies. Magic isn't exclusive to nobility here like in a lot of other villainess/isekai.
Old 2023-07-14, 11:08   Link #53
zeross87

nobles are often pridefull and selfish and don't see comoner as human being so why would they care about a child feeling, especialy if they force him into a magic slavery contract. compared to nobles from other show (or even real life ^^) they seem to be even kind to not just kill the mom themself to hide the commoner past.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 13:02   Link #54
Frontier

The whole deal with Stale's situation did kind of make it hard to buy into the "happy family" vibes beyond Stale and Pride .
Old 2023-07-20, 13:32   Link #55
Huh...?

So, we have a group of new recruits on training getting ambushed by an armed group and the only highly experienced one is stuck between rocks.
The recruits somehow manage to escape, while leaving behind the experienced person who is trapped.

Next the ambusher surround the trapped person and attack him because he is supposedly blocking the ambusher from pursuing the escaped newbie's.

My question is if you can surround a trapped person, then why can't you leave that trapped person and chase after the escaping people?

I mean those who ambushed, there job was probably to kill as many people as possible. But trying to kill a trapped person before going after the others is stupid.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-20, 13:52   Link #56
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
So, we have a group of new recruits on training getting ambushed by an armed group and the only highly experienced one is stuck between rocks.
The recruits somehow manage to escape, while leaving behind the experienced person who is trapped.

Next the ambusher surround the trapped person and attack him because he is supposedly blocking the ambusher from pursuing the escaped newbie's.

My question is if you can surround a trapped person, then why can't you leave that trapped person and chase after the escaping people?

I mean those who ambushed, there job was probably to kill as many people as possible. But trying to kill a trapped person before going after the others is stupid.
Logical explanation is that he's more valuable to kill compared to random newbies, also that its strategically unwise to leave their position of power and lead a chase, who knows if they're going to get ambushed or it was all a feint.

But the more realistic answer is they're all a bunch of armed idiots.
Old 2023-07-20, 14:01   Link #57
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
High ranking officer is worth much more than a ton of grunts. There was clearly something going on with their leader too, though we have yet to find out what exactly Pride knew about him.

Pride is definitely the most badass villainess protagonist we have seen thus far... probably going to be unstoppable with the power of reverse harem and cheat abilities.
Old 2023-07-20, 14:25   Link #58
magnuskn

How to Bakarina, without the baka.

Yeah, Pride is absolutely unwittingly building up her reverse harem, because she still is convinced that her fate is somehow inevitable. Despite having already rewritten the story to an extend where it can't really happen anymore. Not sure what her justification is for still thinking that her "judgement" is coming. Katharina at least had the excuse of being a total airhead.

Gotta say, the excuse for her OP powers, i.e. she was destined to be the final villain and therefore got the perfect memory, fighting skill and so on, was pretty good.
Old 2023-07-20, 15:20   Link #59
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, Pride is absolutely unwittingly building up her reverse harem, because she still is convinced that her fate is somehow inevitable. Despite having already rewritten the story to an extend where it can't really happen anymore. Not sure what her justification is for still thinking that her "judgement" is coming. Katharina at least had the excuse of being a total airhead.
I think it's mostly just guilt.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-20, 19:22   Link #60
Frontier

Pride is now 11 years old! And it looks like she and Stale are going to end up getting hitched! Which is enough to throw her little brother off, though she still thinks he's going to end up falling for Tiara...though she's also not dense enough to at least not be totally oblivious that the world of the game is changing, slowly but surely .

Huh! Who knew being the Last Boss of an Otome game would come with the perks of instantly mastering anything you set out to do? I guess the Final Boss has to be kind of OP, but still. Though it does make Pride more capable than ever, even if it also just makes her think somehow she's still going to suffer for it .

Checking out the knights with vice-captain Clark, voiced by Toshihiko Seki .

You know, having a guy who can create a two-way visual communication with his powers is one thing...but guns exist in this setting !?

Good thing Pride still has enough background knowledge from the romanceable leads' routes to be able to make executive decisions and write it off as part of her precognition abilities .

Oh hey, Junya Enoki is in this? And he's Rodrick's son and obviously one of the capture targets in the game! Though he seems to have a very rocky relationship with his dad, resenting him for what he's put his mother through and trying to force him into being a knight, but even he doesn't want to see his dad die in front of him. It makes me wonder what the original Pride ended up doing to him though .

Very effective dress rip, Pride! Getting to see her legs and her bloomers .

Stale's teleportation skills are pretty useful! Even gets to send off his sister with a tight (and arguably romantic) embrace .

Wow, those bandits had no chance against an 11-year old with a gun and a sword. Pride made quick work of all of them without breaking a sweat. She's pretty haxx even at such a young age .

Junichi Suwabe is in this too? Pride recognizes him, and I think he's the last guy in the OP. Is he a romanceable character? Though he seems like a bad guy. Either way it seems like whatever his power is will need to be enough to save them all .