AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-05, 14:09   Link #2341
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Maybe Santa is a AI Program with a Reality Module?

The Namba sisters have various powers because of that.
I think you are on the right track, though the original Santa died first before assimilating an RM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Hope Santa doesnt just vanish when he finds out he's dead. Team Touta needs more members.
Santa's being set up to become a new member of UQH.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 18:29   Link #2342
chaosprophet

Chapter is out. Interesting and fun chapter. The most important bit to me was the grave. Santa says when talking by himself (which means there was no reason to lie) "Born 2001. Huh, same age as me". But the grave says Sasaki Santa was born in 2065. Could "Sayoko" have faked the grave? If not then some possibilities come to mind:

Santa isn't Sasaki Santa and is using that fake name. He may have known the actual one and that memory was something he witnessed the real Santa go trough.

Santa isn't Sasaki Santa but isn't aware of it. Something may have happened that confused his memories. Or maybe because of his powers he merged with Santa's spirit and his memories are jumbled.

Santa is Sasaki Santa but his memories are wrong for some reason and he thinks he have been around for longer than he actually have.
Old 2014-09-09, 19:58   Link #2343
Superbia

Something I'm confused about. Karin said in this chapter "Last time 24 people died", but earlier she told everyone "Last time, the death tally rose to twelve". Is this a mistake or does this help confirm that the enemy has some sort of memory altering power?
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 20:07   Link #2344
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Chapter is out. Interesting and fun chapter. The most important bit to me was the grave. Santa says when talking by himself (which means there was no reason to lie) "Born 2001. Huh, same age as me". But the grave says Sasaki Santa was born in 2065. Could "Sayoko" have faked the grave? If not then some possibilities come to mind:
Yeah, as soon as I saw the headstone, I knew there was something wrong for that exact reason. Of course, that doesn't exactly prove that the headstone is fake.

You've pretty much covered more possibilities than the dichotomy I thought of.

The more interesting part is how Sayoko (well, I shall call this new Wraith that for now) knows Karin. My bets are on her coming far too close for comfort to the truth of the case.

Still, the one thing that bothers me about this is the off-hand remark that "she kills only the bad guys".

Actually, this leads to another possibility. Sayoko is a split personality of Santa or something along those lines. Considering that this did not happen until Karin said that she was going after Santa, there is the possibility that she is doing this to protect him.
Old 2014-09-09, 20:33   Link #2345
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Still, the one thing that bothers me about this is the off-hand remark that "she kills only the bad guys".
I think she just targets bullies, and when they show up, she starts slaughtering them. In D&D terms, Sayoko would be lawful evil.

Quote:
Considering that this did not happen until Karin said that she was going after Santa, there is the possibility that she is doing this to protect him.
I suspect this is what's happening. She may have remembered Karin from her earlier trip, but now with Karin rushing to judgement to nail Santa without proof, Sayoko rises up to protect her fellow undead companion even if she was unable to help in while he was alive.

Assuming Sayoko and Santa aren't part of the same entity, I'm kinda hoping Sayoko can be rehabilitated and join UQH. I already think the way has been paved for Santa to accept an invitation.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 20:37   Link #2346
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Something I'm confused about. Karin said in this chapter "Last time 24 people died", but earlier she told everyone "Last time, the death tally rose to twelve". Is this a mistake or does this help confirm that the enemy has some sort of memory altering power?
I think it's more likely that was a mistake on chapter 49, either from translation or by Akamatsu himself like the 30->20 years ago a few chapters back
Old 2014-09-10, 00:55   Link #2347
Random14

Well, Santa has always looked a bit creepy, but that spirit at the end was way worse.

Hm, Sayoko. Its probably not related except maybe as a minor continuity nod, but wonder if its related to Sayo from Negi's class (like the rumor grew out of that story or something). No idea if the actual Japanese names are similar or not though.

This is getting confusing. Santa has an alibi for the most recent murders and doesn't seem like the type, and then there's the timeline issue (with these murders going back decades). The rumor makes it sound like only bad people are killed, but that is still only a rumor.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 01:10   Link #2348
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I think she just targets bullies, and when they show up, she starts slaughtering them. In D&D terms, Sayoko would be lawful evil.

I suspect this is what's happening. She may have remembered Karin from her earlier trip, but now with Karin rushing to judgement to nail Santa without proof, Sayoko rises up to protect her fellow undead companion even if she was unable to help in while he was alive.

Assuming Sayoko and Santa aren't part of the same entity, I'm kinda hoping Sayoko can be rehabilitated and join UQH. I already think the way has been paved for Santa to accept an invitation.
Given that Sayoko is apparently the murderer, and the discrepancy between Santa's claimed birthdate of 2001 and the gravestone she lead Kuromaru to, I'm rather doubtful of the story she told Kuromaru about Santa being already dead.

Identifying Santa as a revenant is primarily relying on her story, and Kuromaru detecting a miasma. But being a revenant wouldn't explain Santa's super hacking abilities that I can see.

So we'll see.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 01:39   Link #2349
DarkD

I thought something was off. How could that girl have known Santa when he was alive in the first place. So then I'm guessing it's something like they were friends and died together and they both hold grudges against the school. Santa might not take things as far as murder, however the girl does.
DarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 04:34   Link #2350
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I suspect the girl was already a ghost when Santa was still alive, hence "failing" to save him.

She probably regrets not killing the people who bullied him sooner, which led him to killing himself.
Old 2014-09-10, 05:29   Link #2351
ReddyRedWolf

Sayoko? Other than a possible reference to Sayo I think the legend of Sayo's ghost continued on but these murders warped it to the legend of Sayoko.

The girl may not be named Sayoko at all but oral tradition took a life of its own.

Eeither that or Ken took a page from a certain manga where a ghost was split into two entities.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 06:55   Link #2352
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Hm, Sayoko. Its probably not related except maybe as a minor continuity nod, but wonder if its related to Sayo from Negi's class (like the rumor grew out of that story or something). No idea if the actual Japanese names are similar or not though.
Sayoko is written in kanji: 小夜子. Sayo was written in hiragana: さよ. I think it's more like a nod, if anything. But we will see.
Old 2014-09-10, 07:10   Link #2353
Ultragunner

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this, BUT it seems that Karin now carries the role of fansevice (not that I mind ) due to the fact that our MC only attracts traps

Seriously, even Eva has got less "scenes" than Karin so far
Old 2014-09-10, 07:13   Link #2354
chaosprophet

Something that was pointed elsewhere. In chapter 12 you can see on Touta's room door saying it's the room of No.7, No.11 and a No.12 (but that has no name written on it). If Santa joins he will likely became 12 and then share the room with Touta and Kuroumaru.
Old 2014-09-10, 11:21   Link #2355
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
I'm surprised that no one has commented on this, BUT it seems that Karin now carries the role of fansevice (not that I mind )
when is saw those hands...i was like:i know where this is going

Quote:
I suspect the girl was already a ghost when Santa was still alive, hence "failing" to save him.
i support this
Quote:
Well, Santa has always looked a bit creepy, but that spirit at the end was way worse.
Old 2014-09-10, 14:27   Link #2356
XFire
150% done

I like the fact that the spirit apparently knows who Karin is, what with the creepy "Kaa-aarrr-rriinnn~~" thing
Old 2014-09-13, 19:15   Link #2357
ReddyRedWolf

It occurs to me the two methods of murder may point out to either the Mo of the killer (possession of dropped victim) or... There are two killers.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 19:43   Link #2358
chaosprophet

I was thinking about some of the lines regarding Fate in chapter 42 and 43:

Fate: "I have a way to save the souls of all of humanity".
Eva: "His version of salvation is self-righteous".

Considering what Eva says, and the use of souls by Fate, I do think he is trying something like the Cosmo Entelecheia, but now for everyone.

Now also looking at this other line:

Fate: "Saving your grandfather, Negi Springfield, would be the same as saving all 12 billion humans in the solar system".

It makes me wonder if they way he will "save" Negi is by sending his soul to CE (or whatever he is going to use). That could be because on the fight against the LM something happened/was done to Negi so that his body is already beyond hope. He still alive but can't be saved, at least not without Fate's method.
Old 2014-09-16, 19:53   Link #2359
Superbia

In the new chapter, Kuromaru used zanmaken ni no tachi against Santa, though not perfectly since Touta got injured as well. Shouldn't that technique be limited only to members of the Aoyama family, to the point that Setsuna even said she wasn't allowed to learn it?

And Touta's denseness is really starting to worry me now. Santa said it himself and he still doubted it.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 19:56   Link #2360
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
In the new chapter, Kuromaru used zanmaken ni no tachi against Santa, though not perfectly since Touta got injured as well. Shouldn't that technique be limited only to members of the Aoyama family, to the point that Setsuna even said she wasn't allowed to learn it?

And Touta's denseness is really starting to worry me now. Santa said it himself and he still doubted it.
As I recall, Konoka was planning to change that for Setsuna's sake. Also, we saw Kuromaru use it earlier during his introduction.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love