AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 10:09   Link #61
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Claudio's deer-in-the-headlights look is brilliant! This is truly a season of surprises.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 12:53   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked ep1. But I loved ep2. The characters have depth and surprises. I am sometimes weirded out by the May-September thing in media, thinking of the wish-fulfilment of middle-aged male producers, but this made it seem reasonable to me: Nicoletta is capable, lost, bold, and Italian, not Japanese; and Claudio is an elegant gentleman. But I'm sure there are lots more surprises in store for us.

The one thing that will not be a surprise is when Nicoletta discovers she can sympathize with her mother -- and that she is like her.

I enjoyed Nijuumensou no Musume, but that was just barely a romance. The young heroine was rescued by the older guy (maybe 30-35 at the time?) and grew to love him and want to always be with him, but the show scrupulously avoided even hinting at anything sexual.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 17:05   Link #63
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Only had enough time to catch the first episode so far, but it was quite lovely for a first episode. Good music and great BG artwork...Also gotta love having some more mature characters for once.

Highschoolers can be fun to watch in all their immature awkwardness and all but its nice to have abit of change every now and again ya know.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 20:40   Link #64
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I liked ep1. But I loved ep2. The characters have depth and surprises. I am sometimes weirded out by the May-September thing in media, thinking of the wish-fulfilment of middle-aged male producers, but this made it seem reasonable to me: Nicoletta is capable, lost, bold, and Italian, not Japanese; and Claudio is an elegant gentleman. But I'm sure there are lots more surprises in store for us.
QFT. Claudio is... cute, the way he can't seem to handle her advances.

Quote:
I enjoyed Nijuumensou no Musume, but that was just barely a romance. The young heroine was rescued by the older guy (maybe 30-35 at the time?) and grew to love him and want to always be with him, but the show scrupulously avoided even hinting at anything sexual.
He should've been about 45 at least since he was about 30 at the end of WWII. I think it was more like hero-worship than any kind of concrete romance.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 09:19   Link #65
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-deep View Post
No, they're considerably older than that.

This is the age chart from Erotics F issue 39.

Spoiler for Rispara Ages:

There doesn't seem to be a huge difference in age between Claudio/Vito/Furio - all mid-to-late fifties. BTW, Vito already has a college-age lover (Marina). It'll be interesting to see if they adapt that storyline for the anime. They're ridiculously cute being fitness freaks together~.
Vito is actually married to the girl as I understood.
Spoiler:

Quote:

The one thing that will not be a surprise is when Nicoletta discovers she can sympathize with her mother -- and that she is like her.
Yep, that is when they will patch things up.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 09:28   Link #66
miss-deep
mogu mogu

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Vito is actually married to the girl as I understood.
Yes, you see the romance right down to the proposition in Gente. It's cute.
miss-deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 09:31   Link #67
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-deep View Post
Yes, you see the romance right down to the proposition in Gente. It's cute.
Is gente a sequal to this? Do they say anything more about nicoletta?

Last edited by golthin; 2009-04-12 at 10:15.
Old 2009-04-12, 09:54   Link #68
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

What about Claudio and Nicoletta? A poster brought up an interesting point about Nicoletta mistaking her love for Claudio as her appreciation for his kindness, which is certainly legitimate. It'll be interesting if that were the case, although I certainly don't mind if they do end up together too!
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 10:14   Link #69
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
What about Claudio and Nicoletta? A poster brought up an interesting point about Nicoletta mistaking her love for Claudio as her appreciation for his kindness, which is certainly legitimate. It'll be interesting if that were the case, although I certainly don't mind if they do end up together too!
Well, in the Manga it was left open ended, The anime might go further than that. there was a reason Claudio was not accepting Nicoletta's advances and that reason was solved at the end.
that is why asked if this Gente had more information about them.
Old 2009-04-12, 20:49   Link #70
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
I was watching and enjoying it and thinking how good the star was -- then I realized she was Orikasa Fumiko. No wonder.
Nuts, cannot download this show fast enough now.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 02:13   Link #71
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Downloaded, watched both ep [several times each >_<] and came to 1 conclusion: when is the next ep?

Then I realised it came out in an hour block every fortnight

What worked in this show? Orikasa Fumiko as Nicoletta. She's the one a production company will call on for a character who will do and say one thing, and yet feel and think in another manner. Perfect for the conflicted bundle of emotions that is the lead here. Her monologues are especially amusing, from dealing with a wayward mom to what sort of program was running when in manhunter mode. Imagine the hardware running on sex and the software registering nice, emphatic man to open up to. Italian speakers care to comment on her pronunciation?

With that said, Olga crashing in on her daughter taking advantage of her personal harem was a moment in gold

Older man younger woman theme IMO is actually incidental to the main thread of one lost and angry young woman facing her mom. Poor Claudio here is simply collateral damage to someone out for a measure of retribution. To me, this show is less about the romance than it is a character study- especially for 2 people who cannot possibly be more similar even if they were twins.

Out of personal experience, I have members of the family not only marry late, their life partners have a big age gap- this is actually something that's pretty common to me. What theme IMO is even more common place? Children challenging their parents in their own game. I deal with people in survival mode because their own flesh and blood is out for their spot in the sun. Thoroughly unpleasant and even more dramatic than any possible large age gap romance can be.

Likely because the parents tend to win the game and have their children resent them for it.

Let's see if that can be avoided here
Old 2009-04-18, 21:38   Link #72
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so, after watching this show upon the notion that it was an "Aria like show with romance," i've come to the conclusion that it is the ANTI Aria..

1. the age of the waiters. i would have assumed they were "older" and from reading the above posts, they are "much older."

2. the elder romance. its nothing i go for.. its a change from the high school/college stuff i normally watch, but its not a good change for me.

3. the preview for ep 2 was kind of iffy.. don't know why, but it made me afraid to watch it..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 03:52   Link #73
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
3. the preview for ep 2 was kind of iffy.. don't know why, but it made me afraid to watch it..
Isn't that all the more reason to watch it?

Seriously, the build towards that scene and the immediate aftermath was very well executed, voiced and raises some interesting questions on why Nicoletta would do something like that.

If nothing else, what happens after that scene is both comedy and tragedy gold
Old 2009-04-19, 05:54   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so, after watching this show upon the notion that it was an "Aria like show with romance," i've come to the conclusion that it is the ANTI Aria..
Aria with romance? Wow, some people are seriously wrong.

It's basically a more mature Ouran then anything.
Old 2009-04-19, 10:51   Link #75
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm still undecided about this one - The opening made me think this may be a cross between The Bartender and Antique Bakery, and the music made me wonder if this was set in Rome or Neo-Venezia!
Then on the other hand, I find some of the 3D work horrible with scenes looking like they come out of a ten year old computer game, and there's something about the character design I don't like, maybe its the mouths or the eyes, or both.

And seriously, - a bi-oji-san reverse harem? Who's the target audience, middle-aged Fujoshi?

But I watched the second episode, and it's grown on me - and yes, Olga coming in at an inopportune moment was hilarious.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 13:15   Link #76
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
And seriously, - a bi-oji-san reverse harem? Who's the target audience, middle-aged Fujoshi?
Fuji-TV favors what they call the F1 audience (women between 20 and 34 years old). I suppose with the series they're catering to the older end of this audience (and maybe even older ones too).
Old 2009-04-21, 03:46   Link #77
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
the music made me wonder if this was set in Rome or Neo-Venezia!
The link might be closer than you think! Some of the members of the Choro Club (ARIA) are musicians for Ristorante Paradiso so that should explain why the music has that soothing ARIA vibe to it.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 03:52   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
The link might be closer than you think! Some of the members of the Choro Club (ARIA) are musicians for Ristorante Paradiso so that should explain why the music has that soothing ARIA vibe to it.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=58

Old 2009-04-23, 04:23   Link #79
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Seen ep3. They changed the OP animation some.

I'll hand this show props for drawing good looking food then animating it.

For ep4, seems they are animating the origin of the restaurant from the Gente sequel.
Old 2009-04-23, 09:56   Link #80
Taken

I think it's a pretty good episode 3. We get to see more character development. The pacing is pretty decent too.
Taken is offline   Reply With Quote