AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-14, 23:09   Link #201
wingman32x

Another awesome episode. Ika chan is Hilarious as ever. I loved the way she acted during her birthday celebration. Lol @ putting two candles on the cake. So funny. Ika spitting squid ink all over the cake was funny, too. The fireworks scene was funny as well. I just love when her arrogance completely backfires . The new character seems pretty funny, forcing poor Ika to wear all those outfits. Overall, a great episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 23:14   Link #202
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Fun series. Looks like a keeper.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 16:28   Link #203
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I was actually hoping for more messengers of the sea as well but maybe something else like a Octopus or a Jelly fish maybe
Or maybe an orca! So long as it doesn't eat squid, I guess.

Oh, it was interesting to note Tanaka Rie in a show tied to the sea, given that she also voices a goddess named Neptune in another setting...
Old 2010-10-16, 04:37   Link #204
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I just finished ep 1...

And it's hard to laugh seeing such cute being be exploited 'laborly' and 'physically' for money . Furthermore it's not so fun tricking a person(ok, a squid person) that their brethren die in front of them...

I know the way i put it sound more serious than what actually happened. But is this how the humour and how this anime is heading to? I don't know .... it's completely different wavelength with what i expected

Edit: ep 2 was a little bit better because they at least celebrate her birthday (even when it could simply be an opportunity to meet up). At least we have a person in this anime adore Ika(even against her will)... so i will stay around a bit more

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-10-16 at 05:08.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 23:50   Link #205
klare

this show is so squidly funny, Ika-chan is cute
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 03:06   Link #206
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm late boarding the SQUID TRAIN and wow. This show just may be one of the very best shows this seasons.

Interesting that Diomedea was another one of those inbetweener and background animators and it's interesting to see them tackle a full series for once.

Kind of like Bridge last season with Mitsudomoe, Diomedea is on a really good starting streak with the animation. It all animates so fluidly and it's a joy to watch.

As for those feeling that somehow Ikamusume's personality feels somewhat like Kobato, it's interesting because the writer of this show apparently worked on Kobato... Also, the director wrote Kobato's script.

Very interesting and very quality show. Just came out of the left field for me. This is one of the must watch shows already.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 03:32   Link #207
Kenn
Stomp

xD I laughed when Ika's tentacles went up with her arms when they let her have her birthday. Then I nearly cried because I realized I was snacking on dried squid. I'm sorry Ika-chan!! ;o;

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 04:00   Link #208
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Is it me, or does the geso and ja~na ika seems to be coming off too strong. Btw loved the cute outfits ika~chan was trying out . Esp the maid outfit...
Spoiler for for image:
Old 2010-10-18, 04:18   Link #209
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Forgettable in the long run maybe, but as long as we still remember it's all happy memories...And yeah, Ika Musume would make the perfect mascot for everything. Speaking of Greenpeace, when you really think about it, although it's played for laughs Ika Musume's anger is quite justified, we humans are really hurting the ocean *cough*BPOilSpill*cough*. Still, let's just focus more on Ika Musume's cuteness here.
If polluting the ocean will result in cute girls like Ika coming up from the ocean, I am so going to dump whatever toxic chemicals I have in the sea.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 14:05   Link #210
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for S!IM 03 - The Element of Light:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 15:05   Link #211
Kagayaki

Fellow defenders of the sea, our conquest of the human world draws nearer by the day. Our agents have successfully infiltrated a human educational compound known as Academy City. Events are unfolding according to plan. I have no doubt that we will be triumphant soon enough.

Old 2010-10-18, 15:38   Link #212
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Fellow defenders of the sea, our conquest of the human world draws nearer by the day. Our agents have successfully infiltrated a human educational compound known as Academy City. Events are unfolding according to plan. I have no doubt that we will be triumphant soon enough.

*snip*
ROFL!!!

OMG that there is pure win!!!

Best bit is the start when she's "dancing to the music"

Man something that just happened earlier, was having squid for dinner for the 1st time since I started watching this series and I just couldn't think of whether I should eat some or not.
I couldn't help but think of Ika-chan, so in the end I decided to just not have some.
I could honestly say this show has ruined my love for squid>_<
Old 2010-10-18, 21:45   Link #213
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 3 of the White Sea Squidron Ika Ranger:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 22:59   Link #214
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
Is it me, or does the geso and ja~na ika seems to be coming off too strong.
Spoiler for have fun counting:

Last edited by Seihai; 2010-10-18 at 23:11.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 00:46   Link #215
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I love this series! It's so much fun, very funny, and the character ensemble is a blast to watch.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 00:52   Link #216
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Video:
Can you find Squid Girl in most of those scenes? was fun to watch
Old 2010-10-19, 01:33   Link #217
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, I was so surprised when Kuro-Loli's (Saint October) voice actor appeared this episode... Probably been forever since her voice actor got a major role in an anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 01:41   Link #218
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:

wow... that is one godly nice edit
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 01:47   Link #219
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 05:33   Link #220
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Spoiler for have fun counting:

OMG that gave me a non stop ringing in my ears