AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-22, 23:56   Link #2181
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Agreed. Watching Duncan back people down and finish with either hand or Parker drive to the line and score with that running floater got old quick.

Anyone watching the MAACO bowl?
Well it's kinda of interesting to see two egotistical teams who want attention in the end Boise State had the biggest ego of them all. I kinda thought Utah didn't get their best massages before prior to the game.

Feel bad for them!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 21:31   Link #2182
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Eagles/Vikings postponed till Tuesday due to the snow storm.

I'm snowed in South Jersey myself.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 23:04   Link #2183
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Goddammed jets...couldn't get it done vs. Da Bearz...

Okay, go Peckers! I want that 2nd seed for Philly =X
Old 2010-12-27, 03:39   Link #2184
Samari
World's Greatest

Mike Singletary fired. About time. Let the healing process begin. He may have been the worst coach the 49ers ever had.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:14   Link #2185
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Mike Singletary fired. About time. Let the healing process begin. He may have been the worst coach the 49ers ever had.
I can hope San Francisco mayor can relieve the owners and office. It's pretty ugly right now but this is a start momentarily.
Old 2010-12-27, 16:14   Link #2186
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Phoneyniners radio is so epic right now, love listing to it xD...So York is gonna ask his uncle Debartalo Jr. for advice on how to help? Hmm I wonder what he'll say? Can't pay players under the table anymore^^, but seriously they got talent, they're just stuck in the quagmire of their own historic success...In the 90's they mortgaged the future for immediate success, this is merely the result of that, only a blind man would see otherwise...Nevertheless in today's NFL there's still hope around the corner...49ners just wanting hope, hilarious...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2010-12-27 at 19:10. Reason: syntax
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 16:43   Link #2187
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Phoneyniners radio is so epic right now, love listing to it xD...So York is gonna ask his uncle Debartalo Jr. for advice on how to help? Hmm I wonder what he'll say? Can't play players under the table anymore^^, but seriously they got talent, they're just stuck in the quagmire of their own historic success...In the 90's they mortgaged the future for immediate success, this is merely the result of that, only a blind man would see otherwise...Nevertheless in today's NFL there's still hope around the corner...49ners just wanting hope, hilarious...
I cannot wait to see you moan and cry when Aint's lose in the ATL tonight also out of the playoff contention.
Old 2010-12-27, 18:38   Link #2188
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Oh I know you can't wait, the whole thread can't wait....It's all good though, someone has to be defending World Champ...And wingdarkness is the only one capable of saying that, so I feel your angst...
Old 2010-12-27, 20:23   Link #2189
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I cannot wait to see you moan and cry when Aint's lose in the ATL tonight also out of the playoff contention.
I gotta say I'm leaning towards ATL tonight! Sorry Saints fans!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 23:28   Link #2190
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

oh snap, crunch-time for the ATL
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 23:49   Link #2191
Demongod86

GJ, Aints.

I wonder if the Panthers can pull something out of their ass .

That, or the Peckers pull it off vs. Da Bearz next week.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:11   Link #2192
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Breesus don't always turn water into wine, but IN THE END he'll always shine! So haters please kiss that a$$ so divine...

Spoiler for Oh,...:

Yeah!! Haters go hate^^!!!
Old 2010-12-28, 01:43   Link #2193
Demongod86

Saints are getting stuffed in the playoffs, little doubt about it. And even if they somehow miraculously make it to the super bowl, the Pats (or whoever else might luckily get there) will destroy them.
Old 2010-12-28, 02:42   Link #2194
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Miserable Giants-fan here, but at least I got some laugh out of Highman. No worries mate... we all set ourselves up at one time or another.

Saints played well. They will need to improve a lot though on their rematch against the Falcons in the playoff.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 03:43   Link #2195
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Saints are getting stuffed in the playoffs, little doubt about it. And even if they somehow miraculously make it to the super bowl, the Pats (or whoever else might luckily get there) will destroy them.
Now Demongod, don't make me go 2005 wingdarkness on your a$$...Philly's nice no doubt, but yall defense is trash and we'll go to the Liberty Bell and put up 30-40 to get outta there with a W (Weather permitting^^)...Vick is the truth but he better put his Doberman Pinschers near the endzone to keep us out...And wait til our RB Chris Ivory gets healthy, yall don't even know...He was the number#1 rookie RB (TB's Blount was 2nd), until he tweaked his hamstring 2 weeks ago, that's why we couldn't run it that much at B'more and tonight with a banged up Thomas...

Destroy us??! Pfft, better destroy the heart of a champion first...Our Defense is respectable as you saw tonight...2nd Round matchup in Philly, get your butthurt ready...
Old 2010-12-28, 05:25   Link #2196
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
^Phoneyniners radio is so epic right now, love listing to it xD...So York is gonna ask his uncle Debartalo Jr. for advice on how to help? Hmm I wonder what he'll say? Can't pay players under the table anymore^^, but seriously they got talent, they're just stuck in the quagmire of their own historic success...In the 90's they mortgaged the future for immediate success, this is merely the result of that, only a blind man would see otherwise...Nevertheless in today's NFL there's still hope around the corner...49ners just wanting hope, hilarious...
It's still hilarious to me that a Saints fan believes he can talk smack after so many years of the franchise being garbage. Oh well, there is always the "town drunk" somewhere. Just have to tune out that incoherent babble. Perhaps I should put you on ignore until New Orleans gets four more rings. Like that will happen in my lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
If New Orleans gets clowned in the wildcard game by the Rams or the Seahawks (I think the Falcons are still winning the south) then I will laugh my ass off. Even if they do make it to the Super Bowl (good luck getting past the Falcons or Eagles, even the Bears in snowy Chicago) then New England (guessing they'll be in the big dance) will kill them. Dome teams are not a good omen in the playoffs historically.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2010-12-28 at 05:42.
Old 2010-12-28, 10:32   Link #2197
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Now Demongod, don't make me go 2005 wingdarkness on your a$$...Philly's nice no doubt, but yall defense is trash and we'll go to the Liberty Bell and put up 30-40 to get outta there with a W (Weather permitting^^)...Vick is the truth but he better put his Doberman Pinschers near the endzone to keep us out...And wait til our RB Chris Ivory gets healthy, yall don't even know...He was the number#1 rookie RB (TB's Blount was 2nd), until he tweaked his hamstring 2 weeks ago, that's why we couldn't run it that much at B'more and tonight with a banged up Thomas...

Destroy us??! Pfft, better destroy the heart of a champion first...Our Defense is respectable as you saw tonight...2nd Round matchup in Philly, get your butthurt ready...
You talk alot of trash for a sucky franchise. Sure gives you the right to call out niners fans as phoneyniners. I wonder why so many people in this thread are against the Saints, maybe it has something to do with you giving a bad voice for the Saints fans or just having an ego the size of mars and unleashing it's unwavering mercy upon us. Nonetheless your comments always make me laugh.

Anyways onto my main response, the Eagles are about level with the Falcons D, strong in some areas and weak in others. The big problem is going to be stopping the run I think for the Eagles. With Samuel back in that backfield I'm a lot more sure of our chances though. (he is as Troy is to the Steelers)

Also since when has the level of the D mattered anything to the Saints this season, Many of their games (even against some sub-par teams with weak defenses) were close. If you are close in any game late, especially against good teams, you have just as much chance to lose as to win. The Saints essentially won on monday night because of the Falcons shooting themselves in the foot ealry and thus keeping it a close game. And of course being so close it was just a matter of which D stepped up to stop the other. It was the Saints night, but it could have easily been the Falcons as well. The Saints are good at winning close games, that seems to be their specialty. Yet whenever they are getting trounced and have to play from behind they just don't seem to pull it off. And as I've said before, the Saints love living off turnovers and mistakes of other teams, sometimes it seems like they can't even score unless the D or the other team gives them a short field.

The Saints will definitely be dangerous, no doubt, but I don't see them getting to the SB unless they are on turnover life support, as they were last year. Heck even with that they should have lost to the Vikings had Farve not made a stupid mistake while they were in field goal range.

Case in point, the Saints are a team that is nothing without Brees (or Bressus) and turnovers. They're not a dominating team, more a team that just knows how to get by. Sometimes that is enough, but holding them on such a high pedestal, seriously man your competitiveness must really be off the charts. Either that or your ego is in full overhaul from the simple fact that your once sucky franchise won a superbowl. I doubt most Patriots fans were yelling dynasty after their surprise team won their first superbowl.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 13:18   Link #2198
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
It's still hilarious to me that a Saints fan believes he can talk smack after so many years of the franchise being garbage. Oh well, there is always the "town drunk" somewhere. Just have to tune out that incoherent babble. Perhaps I should put you on ignore until New Orleans gets four more rings. Like that will happen in my lifetime.
You're a mirror of your team...You're just not bringing it on the trash talk tip..."Town Drunk"?(That's what I'm up against?) You think you're good enough, like an Alex Smith for example, but you just can't get it done...Now you pretend you somehow are on the otherside of this computer laffing it up at my Super Bowl contending playoff team vs. the utter $hitstorm, the peak of craptility, that is the San Fransisco Phoneyniners...Keep laffin', I think I'll join you...I think MANY will join you^^...

Quote:

If New Orleans gets clowned in the wildcard game by the Rams or the Seahawks
(I think the Falcons are still winning the south) then I will laugh my ass off. Even if they do make it to the Super Bowl (good luck getting past the Falcons or Eagles, even the Bears in snowy Chicago) then New England (guessing they'll be in the big dance) will kill them. Dome teams are not a good omen in the playoffs historically.
Boy, how the world turns...First we suck and haven't played anybody, now we go to the G-Dome and beat the team all of you have wet yall strawberry panties over the last few weeks and that's still not good enough, BUT your gonna LYAO if this team who hasn't played anyone, who has somehow just gotten 11 wins in the NFL, if they make it to the SB and lose you're gonna yuck it up? And I'm hilarious? Lawd, lawd, lawd...Does hatin' have a punch-card or do you have to sign-in in the morning?

The funniest $hit is I already admitted that bad weather in the playoffs could be our biggest downfall, and made my point about Dome-teams...Stop stealing my good, rational points...Stick to you're K-mart blue-plate point about schedules, oh yeah that doesn't count to you now since we beat ATL ...

When I read your points against me this is what I think about...
Spoiler for YOU:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
You talk alot of trash for a sucky franchise. Sure gives you the right to call out niners fans as phoneyniners. I wonder why so many people in this thread are against the Saints, maybe it has something to do with you giving a bad voice for the Saints fans or just having an ego the size of mars and unleashing it's unwavering mercy upon us. Nonetheless your comments always make me laugh.(^^THANKS)

Anyways onto my main response, the Eagles are about level with the Falcons D, strong in some areas and weak in others. The big problem is going to be stopping the run I think for the Eagles. With Samuel back in that backfield I'm a lot more sure of our chances though. (he is as Troy is to the Steelers)

Also since when has the level of the D mattered anything to the Saints this season, Many of their games (even against some sub-par teams with weak defenses) were close. If you are close in any game late, especially against good teams, you have just as much chance to lose as to win. The Saints essentially won on monday night because of the Falcons shooting themselves in the foot ealry and thus keeping it a close game. And of course being so close it was just a matter of which D stepped up to stop the other. It was the Saints night, but it could have easily been the Falcons as well. The Saints are good at winning close games, that seems to be their specialty. Yet whenever they are getting trounced and have to play from behind they just don't seem to pull it off. And as I've said before, the Saints love living off turnovers and mistakes of other teams, sometimes it seems like they can't even score unless the D or the other team gives them a short field.

The Saints will definitely be dangerous, no doubt, but I don't see them getting to the SB unless they are on turnover life support, as they were last year. Heck even with that they should have lost to the Vikings had Farve not made a stupid mistake while they were in field goal range.

Case in point, the Saints are a team that is nothing without Brees (or Bressus) and turnovers. They're not a dominating team, more a team that just knows how to get by. Sometimes that is enough, but holding them on such a high pedestal, seriously man your competitiveness must really be off the charts. Either that or your ego is in full overhaul from the simple fact that your once sucky franchise won a superbowl. I doubt most Patriots fans were yelling dynasty after their surprise team won their first superbowl.
Yeah because the Eagles are GREAT without Vick? Are you serious, any team that's anyone has a good-to-great QB...That's the NFL right now...Every QB in the playoffs is a gamer or has shown that ability (Sanchez, potentially Bradford)...What are you guys without Vick? Puhleeeze stop trash talking me with this level of comeback...

If if was a fifth we'd all be drunk...So basically if everything that went good for the Saints went bad for the Saints we would have been bad? Jesus Skywalker ...Haven't I, wingdarkness, been the main person in this thread all season saying how close the NFL is and how no one is dominate enough to make any claim?

I've stated for most of this season that the Saints are only capable of beating any team in the NFL and they are...No one in here being honest with themselves thinks the Saints aren't good enough to run the table in the playoffs...I got excited and screamed "Dynasty" like once after the Pittsburgh game so what? I was feeling good having fun about my team...I'm not ignorant, I know the Saints have flaws, but EVERYTEAM in the NFL has a clear flaw or 2...

As for the rest, I'll do what I've always done as a member of animesuki and that's make posts that are fun to read to the random guest viewers aswell as the person I'm going against...That's what I do, I got the rep points to prove it, and regardless of perceived hubris I think you'd admit I'm pretty good at it...And unlike Donovan McNabb I stay pretty accurate with the gameplay^^...
Old 2010-12-28, 14:41   Link #2199
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Yeah because the Eagles are GREAT without Vick? Are you serious, any team that's anyone has a good-to-great QB...That's the NFL right now...Every QB in the playoffs is a gamer or has shown that ability (Sanchez, potentially Bradford)...What are you guys without Vick? Puhleeeze stop trash talking me with this level of comeback...

If if was a fifth we'd all be drunk...So basically if everything that went good for the Saints went bad for the Saints we would have been bad? Jesus Skywalker ...Haven't I, wingdarkness, been the main person in this thread all season saying how close the NFL is and how no one is dominate enough to make any claim?

I've stated for most of this season that the Saints are only capable of beating any team in the NFL and they are...No one in here being honest with themselves thinks the Saints aren't good enough to run the table in the playoffs...I got excited and screamed "Dynasty" like once after the Pittsburgh game so what? I was feeling good having fun about my team...I'm not ignorant, I know the Saints have flaws, but EVERYTEAM in the NFL has a clear flaw or 2...
Well hey the Eagles have a good enough backup QB that coupled with what they got could still play consistently, but I won't deny that Vick carries the team through many of the tough games. Still bringing the Eagles into this doesn't change my assesment on the Saints. A great QB/coach combination that makes a sub-par offense great, along with a D that is really only playing well when they create turnovers and you sum up the Saints. That was my thoughts of them last year and it hasn't changed this year. It is not like I will be surprised if they win the Superbowl again, I'm just not confident in them making it.

Heck this is the NFL where a team can get to the superbowl with nothing, but a good D and kick returner (bears). I'm not doubting the Saints abilities to win against any team, I just don't think they will make it against the other tough teams in the playoffs. Again I won't be surprised if they do though.

Quote:
As for the rest, I'll do what I've always done as a member of animesuki and that's make posts that are fun to read to the random guest viewers aswell as the person I'm going against...That's what I do, I got the rep points to prove it, and regardless of perceived hubris I think you'd admit I'm pretty good at it...And unlike Donovan McNabb I stay pretty accurate with the gameplay^^...
You're very intense with your comments in a way that really rubs people the wrong way. I honestly have nothing against the Saints, but really your "poetic" rampages on these forums, while great in some sense have gotten irritating at this point. Not that you have ever been overly hostile to me at any point that I can tell, I don't consider my altercations with you to be of the "trash talking" sense, yet some people, like Samari, I think you could try and tone it down a bit, so these heated afairs don't keep popping up every other post.

You should also try to stop this nonsensical loop as well Samari, just let it die.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-12-28 at 14:59.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 15:34   Link #2200
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
You're a mirror of your team...You're just not bringing it on the trash talk tip..."Town Drunk"?(That's what I'm up against?) You think you're good enough, like an Alex Smith for example, but you just can't get it done...Now you pretend you somehow are on the otherside of this computer laffing it up at my Super Bowl contending playoff team vs. the utter $hitstorm, the peak of craptility, that is the San Fransisco Phoneyniners...Keep laffin', I think I'll join you...I think MANY will join you^^...

Boy, how the world turns...First we suck and haven't played anybody, now we go to the G-Dome and beat the team all of you have wet yall strawberry panties over the last few weeks and that's still not good enough, BUT your gonna LYAO if this team who hasn't played anyone, who has somehow just gotten 11 wins in the NFL, if they make it to the SB and lose you're gonna yuck it up? And I'm hilarious? Lawd, lawd, lawd...Does hatin' have a punch-card or do you have to sign-in in the morning?

The funniest $hit is I already admitted that bad weather in the playoffs could be our biggest downfall, and made my point about Dome-teams...Stop stealing my good, rational points...Stick to you're K-mart blue-plate point about schedules, oh yeah that doesn't count to you now since we beat ATL ...

When I read your points against me this is what I think about...
Spoiler for YOU:
Comeback fail. I already posted the various why it's hilarious for a Saints fan to talk trash even though they've won the Super Bowl. New Orleans has been the NFL's doormat practically forever, and after one championship season, you think you can talk smack. LOL. That's like Arian Foster being considered a better runningback than Walter Peyton due to having one good season. But keep talking, you're just sounding like an idiot in the process and everyone in this thread seems to have the same consensus opinion. As for New Orleans and the playoffs, we'll see what happens when the time comes. They'll have to play in the wild card and at least two straight games on the road. They'll need more luck than a voodoo sorceress can provide. Drew Brees and all those interceptions don't bode well either for him. I'm not saying they can't get it done, but due to being a dome team and a wild card on the road, it's unlikely they go far.

All in all, please continue your jibber jabba, it's quite amusing. And you would be right in my laughing my ass off on the other side of my computer.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports