AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 00:14   Link #1321
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
2 from side A and 2 from side B will go into finals. Side A will confirm be Shiraitodai and one more...(Hint: Read Saki main line chapter 76, if i recall, Fujita said something....)

Side B has too many monster class so I have no idea...
Spoiler:
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 00:48   Link #1322
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
Spoiler:
Hope that they will bring that to episode 11 next monday...(Though I gonna doubt it...)
Old 2012-06-22, 02:40   Link #1323
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei
I'm expecting Nodoka and Saki to have a (temporary) falling out (as foreshadowed by the epilogue of the first season, which showed many things that showed up in the manga eventually). Maybe this will be the cause of it?
I highly doubt Saki playing seriously or going too far would be the cause the foreshadowed falling out with Nodoka. That would just make Nodoka a horrible hypocrite considering she is the one who convinced Saki to always play her best and give her full effort in the first place.

Besides during the post epilogue shown in the recent Achiga episode - Saki, Nodoka and Yuuki seems to be in good terms with one another. So whatever Saki will do in the quarterlies would not sour any of her existing relationship with her teammates.

Regarding that scene btw, I think its a subtle confirmation that Kiyosumi passed the quarter final match considering the freshmen are all relaxed and happy. (Not that anyone is expecting them not to pass )
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:51   Link #1324
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I highly doubt Saki playing seriously or going too far would be the cause the foreshadowed falling out with Nodoka. That would just make Nodoka a horrible hypocrite considering she is the one who convinced Saki to always play her best and give her full effort in the first place.

Besides during the post epilogue shown in the recent Achiga episode - Saki, Nodoka and Yuuki seems to be in good terms with one another. So whatever Saki will do in the quarterlies would not sour any of her existing relationship with her teammates.

Regarding that scene btw, I think its a subtle confirmation that Kiyosumi passed the quarter final match considering the freshmen are all relaxed and happy. (Not that anyone is expecting them not to pass )
So all we need to know is...
1. What happened during that "Saki goes devil mode" part. (Yup too many monster class people on Side-B, whereas Side-A has devil class player..., and a "Futuristic Player".)
2. What does the epilogue of episode 25 mean?

Spoiler for Prediction of Saki's next chapter.:

I think for now we don't need to know that first.(Since it was spoiled in Achiga-hen that they will/may going to advance.) For now, we need to know what happen during the devil match.(Side A: Last round of the 2nd half of the semi-finals Vanguard round)

Whereas we need to wait 2 weeks to answer some questions:
Spoiler for Questions that may be answered in chapter 12.:

ETA: 3 Days to Toki's "Armed Intervention" in anime.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-22 at 05:08.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:20   Link #1325
custardpie

I actually want Saki to go into hax mode this match. The other players have already shown their strengths, and Saki played quite smartly by overcoming their special abilities with one move. (I'm not familiar with mahjong, so I'm not sure exactly how, but that's the feeling I got) Since there's no overpowering character like Koromo here, I think it wouldn't be too surprising if she went through this match smoothly. Besides, there are other difficult matches awaiting both her and Kiyosumi. I'm sure Rinkai will be extremely powerful, not to mention Shiraitodai.

I expect Nodoka to have a hard time next match. I want Hisa to do better next time, but we'll have to see about that
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:05   Link #1326
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
I actually want Saki to go into hax mode this match. The other players have already shown their strengths, and Saki played quite smartly by overcoming their special abilities with one move. (I'm not familiar with mahjong, so I'm not sure exactly how, but that's the feeling I got) Since there's no overpowering character like Koromo here, I think it wouldn't be too surprising if she went through this match smoothly. Besides, there are other difficult matches awaiting both her and Kiyosumi. I'm sure Rinkai will be extremely powerful, not to mention Shiraitodai.

I expect Nodoka to have a hard time next match. I want Hisa to do better next time, but we'll have to see about that
Well, just to let us know, all abilities have limitations. So even if Saki goes hax mode, there is still a loophole...

Spoiler for Saki... (Found on FB.):

If she is around and you have the chance will you play against her? Yes or No?

Note: Before you answer, read the latest chapter of Saki(Main line).
Old 2012-06-22, 12:12   Link #1327
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
If she is around and you have the chance will you play against her? Yes or No?

Note: Before you answer, read the latest chapter of Saki(Main line).
I'm sure anyone here who actually knows how to play mahjong would give it a go just to try avenge Toyone, as futile as it might be. Poor thing, at least Kuro knew it would be an ordeal from the beginning, Toyone is only getting the message after going full fangirl for the girl who will end her.

And seriously, Toki fits the ED so much better than anyone else at this point, and the anime still hasn't shown her using Triple Accel.

P.S: Anyone else expecting the anime thread to go crazy after Kirame's flashback? I certainly do, the most SUBARA girl deserves it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 12:38   Link #1328
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I'm sure anyone here who actually knows how to play mahjong would give it a go just to try avenge Toyone, as futile as it might be. Poor thing, at least Kuro knew it would be an ordeal from the beginning, Toyone is only getting the message after going full fangirl for the girl who will end her.

And seriously, Toki fits the ED so much better than anyone else at this point, and the anime still hasn't shown her using Triple Accel.

P.S: Anyone else expecting the anime thread to go crazy after Kirame's flashback? I certainly do, the most SUBARA girl deserves it.
Proven Triple Accel true...

Which begs me to this question: Why no one talk about Innovators...? Don't they look alike?(Well, the eyes aren't yellow..., but still nearly the same... though the 2ch people make a joke about Toki being 00 Gundam without 0 Raiser(Unstable Twin Drive system goes trans-am, which cause overload.= 2 turns ahead, which cause Toki to go unconscious.))

So lets see whats Toki's eyes are when she go triple.

Spoiler for Though...:

And well, yeah, the ending song totally fits her... But then... If I ever remember this phrase, I gonna cry...

フィールドに舞い散る so futuristic player

Note the words in bold...

Be right back while I call Celestial Being... We got a mission to do.

Those who never read the manga will have alot to talk about after this coming Monday. Whereas those who have read the manga will just join in the fun...
Of course, what episode 11 will cover:

-Episode 11 title name is Determination, which is the same as the manga's chapter 11.(Damn they caught up really fast.)

-Since we left off at about 1/5 through chapter 10, most likely it will cover the other 4/5 of it and the whole of chapter 11.

-There may be no preview as of yet for episode 12.(If my hunch is correct, since the manga haven't cover chapter 12.)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-22 at 13:13. Reason: No hotlinking girl has arrived.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 02:09   Link #1329
Marina2

I also wonder how far they will go in anime ep.11 (in term of story) From interview they imply that vanguard match will end at ep.12 right?

Anime can air 3 more ep.before next chapter of manga came out.....I wonder how what will they do with that...

Quote:
-There may be no preview as of yet for episode 12.(If my hunch is correct, since the manga haven't cover chapter 12.)
If they go that far, there will be.

In first Saki, anime episode where Saki beat Koromo came out in the same week as manga chapter of the same content. Ritz intentionally told anime to spoil her manga.
Old 2012-06-23, 02:15   Link #1330
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anime can air 3 more ep.before next chapter of manga came out.....I wonder how what will they do with that...
There was no specific scheduling of the three additional episodes. Most likely they'll be held back for the manga to catch up.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 03:41   Link #1331
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There was no specific scheduling of the three additional episodes. Most likely they'll be held back for the manga to catch up.
Or maybe release together?
Old 2012-06-23, 09:42   Link #1332
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Achiga-hen is 15 episodes and I'm sure they're planning to end this with the semi-finals based on how drawn out the Teru-domination match is. Things could go either way:
1. Ritz will tell Gokumi again about the chapters that aren't even out yet like what happened in the Saki-Koromo match

2. Gokumi themselves will figure out how to end this and proceed with Saki season 2 earlier and invent the ending there too since it's gonna be a long long time before Saki reaches the finals in the manga.
Old 2012-06-23, 10:03   Link #1333
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
2. Gokumi themselves will figure out how to end this and proceed with Saki season 2 earlier and invent the ending there too since it's gonna be a long long time before Saki reaches the finals in the manga.
I really can't see this happening.

While I admit that there might be room for creative liberties, the general flow of the match has to be consistent with that of the manga. That is, if they're considering the possibility of a 2nd season for the main cast.

The way I see it, they're going to have to consult Ritz-sensei for this, or just simply release the extra episodes once the manga catches up.
Old 2012-06-23, 15:21   Link #1334
emauser

Something about Saki's last play has been bothering me.

What is the purpose of that kan? I mean she declared it but then discarded the tile she drew. That way it doesn't serve any purpose for her and doesn't give her any advantage. She could easily keep it or discard it and no one would knew what she was up to. The only explanation is that she wants to clear way to another tile further down the dead wall but other then that...? Isn't that a bit careless of her?

What is she planning?
emauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:28   Link #1335
The Green One

She's probably manipulating the draw flow of the game again for a future effect or to set up her win.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 20:32   Link #1336
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

the most frigtening of kan that:

When there is a kan, Kan-dora be open.

so, is Saki has 3 kan, 3 dora-kan be open and in the table has 20 doras.

if Saki richi before declare kan, and she declare kan 3 times, the tiles under dora called ura-dora and there are 36 doras.

If Saki can upgrade her skill about kan that can manipulativ dora, She is already above Dora Lord of Kuro.

Rinshan is the most frigtening hand in mahjong. Sextuple Yakuman also must be archive with Kan (192000 for non dealer/ 288000 for dealer)
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 21:05   Link #1337
kona~chan
ヘタレ

well even without upgrade saki already overkill imo
what she can do with her kan:
1. manipulating score (extra dora indicator, extra fu for each quad she made and han for rinshan kaiho, 3 quad or even yakuman)
2. extra draw (the most awesome bout this ability)
3. remove one or more tiles away from play, it can be used for luring as well actually.
4. she use dead wall!!!
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 02:01   Link #1338
Demon Roronoa Zoro

Wait there's a new Saki anime out? Can some give me the link please.
Demon Roronoa Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 02:41   Link #1339
Sumeragi
Banned

Everything you need to know.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 07:45   Link #1340
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Now all we have to hope, is to have Main Saki Season 2... I hope we have that.(Not some spinoffs again...)

Now where are the train lines at?

Main Saki train line: Quarter Finals South 3rd round(? If I recall.)

Saki Achiga Hen train line: Semi-Finals South 4th round(3rd renchan.)(If I recall correctly...)

Must be my imagination, but isn't the Achiga Hen train a bit too fast?

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri