AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 07:09   Link #4581
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Actually, it's extremely easily to beat Godou. Many of the gods are just too dumb to realise it.
Spoiler for vol 9:
What you do is you take out his followers . Doing this will ensure no
Spoiler for vol 13:
, no golden sword and no backup at critical moments, which Godou heavily relies.
But the gods won't use dirty trick like taking out the follower 1st, they are just too prideful but other magicians would.

Oh thank zzhk for the update.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 07:38   Link #4582
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
But the gods won't use dirty trick like taking out the follower 1st, they are just too prideful but other magicians would.

Did you actually read the spoiler I posted for vol 9?The first thing Athena did was to
Spoiler for vol 9:
Also,remember what Perseus did?A lot of gods fight dirty.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-13 at 07:51.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 10:14   Link #4583
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Maybe the word "dirty trick" was too broad in my previous post.
What I meant is, when the a God fight a Campione, they only see the Campione as a opponent and tend to ignore the others which is less of a threat unless provoked by them.
And in the 2nd fight between Athena and Godou, since I haven't read it still, I can only assume the reason why Athena petrify the girls, was either,
1) she want a real 1 vs 1 fight with out any interferes from the girls.
2) she know that the girls are needed to activate the golden sword hence cutting Godou battle by half.
3) she want to see Godou ability without any outside help.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2012-10-13 at 10:26.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 10:49   Link #4584
Gore17

New reader here, does Godou's family ever find out about Godou being a Campione?

Because his family is just one giant weak point right now, and with all your speculation on what would finally get Godou to start acting like Campione, I can't help but wonder if something is going to happen to Shizuka or the Grandfather.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 10:53   Link #4585
bludvein

I assumed her motive for the petrification was to get Godou to fight seriously rather than any tactical considerations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
New reader here, does Godou's family ever find out about Godou being a Campione?

Because his family is just one giant weak point right now, and with all your speculation on what would finally get Godou to start acting like Campione, I can't help but wonder if something is going to happen to Shizuka or the Grandfather.
They are unaware, but who would be crazy enough to attack them? Gods and Campione wouldn't use such a roundabout method due to their insane egos, and only the dumb mages would anger or try to kill a Campione. Even if they succeeded(which is extremely unlikely) they would just be shooting themselves in the feet considering no one else can fight heretic gods. More likely Godou would just kill them.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 11:06   Link #4586
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I assumed her motive for the petrification was to get Godou to fight seriously rather than any tactical considerations.

They are unaware, but who would be crazy enough to attack them? Gods and Campione wouldn't use such a roundabout method due to their insane egos, and only the dumb mages would anger or try to kill a Campione. Even if they succeeded(which is extremely unlikely) they would just be shooting themselves in the feet considering no one else can fight heretic gods. More likely Godou would just kill them.
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a someone going after Godou, and his family getting caught in the crossfire, due to not knowing what's going.

I mean, if they don't know the situation, they wouldn't know to start running if someone strange is trying to pick a fight with Godou, or in trying to "save" Godou and wind up getting killed.

Of course, the one responsible for hurting, crippling or killing a member of his family will probably end up dead, but that's small comfort. And if the one responsible manages to escape, I can definitely see Godou stop holding back.

Last edited by Gore17; 2012-10-13 at 11:18.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 13:09   Link #4587
Mechatrill

Quote:

That's... Not necessarily true...

Well, you'll see in vol 12...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 14:20   Link #4588
Miraluka
Banned

Gods and campiones usually don't pay any attention to those who are not fellow gods or campiones. Humans are no worth their time, example: Vol.6-7 regarding Luo Hao and Sun Wukong.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 18:49   Link #4589
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Maybe the word "dirty trick" was too broad in my previous post.
What I meant is, when the a God fight a Campione, they only see the Campione as a opponent and tend to ignore the others which is less of a threat unless provoked by them.
And in the 2nd fight between Athena and Godou, since I haven't read it still, I can only assume the reason why Athena petrify the girls, was either,
1) she want a real 1 vs 1 fight with out any interferes from the girls.
2) she know that the girls are needed to activate the golden sword hence cutting Godou battle by half.
3) she want to see Godou ability without any outside help.
The reasons you listed is the same as acknowledging that gods do target followers. And like I said, gods will fight dirty. Just look at Perseus, he tried to mind control Liliana and had her fight Godou. If that's not called dirty, I have no idea what that is. Of all the gods though, I believe Perseus was actually the dirtiest fighter. Either way, targeting followers isn't exactly dirty. Followers are part of your target's strength. If there is anyone who fights dirty though, it's Godou himself. Most of the time, he has the gods thinking that his followers won't fight, had the gods believe that it would be a 1 v 1 fight,while at the same time has his followers intervene at critical moments that could turn the balance of the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Gods and campiones usually don't pay any attention to those who are not fellow gods or campiones. Humans are no worth their time, example: Vol.6-7 regarding Luo Hao and Sun Wukong.
Yet some of them do actually do so. Refer to my reason above. Either way, my point is that gods do and will go after followers, especially when they realize that doing so what increase the chance of their victory.And then there's the fact that Sun Wukong took full advantage of the fact that he's in Hikari's body.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-13 at 19:14.
Old 2012-10-13, 20:15   Link #4590
florza
一日之计在于晨

He told her to stand back and get 'rescued' by the 'hero'. I don't see what's the 'dirty trick' here.

Wow, I must have been reading a completely different novel.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 20:23   Link #4591
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Guys the term of Dirty tricks used in battle is null and void. Quite similar to the term of Sun Tzu, "All War is based on deception". The term trick is for things that are meant to be far and square.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 20:26   Link #4592
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
He told her to stand back and get 'rescued' by the 'hero'. I don't see what's the 'dirty trick' here.

He mind controlled her. Although, I must admit, I may have confused facts in the novel with that of the non-canon anime.
Old 2012-10-13, 20:47   Link #4593
XFire
150% done

Quote:

He basically mind-controlled her, due to part of his authority as a "hero". She broke out anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 2012-10-13, 21:03   Link #4594
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
He basically mind-controlled her, due to part of his authority as a "hero". She broke out anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
She broke out, but it basically showed that gods are willing to use so-called 'underhanded methods' in fights.
Old 2012-10-13, 21:44   Link #4595
florza
一日之计在于晨

Underhanded: acting in a secret or dishonest way.

He openly ordered her to step out of the conflict between a god and a Campione, that's not underhanded by any definition of the word. If anything, he was probably thinking that he was doing her a favour. It is reasonable and logical to assume that he did not have any intention to employ 'underhanded' tricks, given his personality and ego, as a hero.
Old 2012-10-13, 21:56   Link #4596
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

He openly ordered her to step out of the conflict between a god and a Campione, that's not underhanded by any definition of the word. If anything, he was probably thinking that he was doing her a favour. It is reasonable and logical to assume that he did not have any intention to employ 'underhanded' tricks, given his personality and ego, as a hero.

EDIT:I just reread the novel. The anime screwed up more things than I imagined. Perseus just told her to stop fighting him, and did not order her to fight Godou.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-13 at 22:25.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:02   Link #4597
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
EDIT:I just reread the novel. The anime screwed up more things than I imagined. Perseus just told her to stop fighting her, not controlling her to fight Godou.
*Sigh* I didn't need to reread the Novel to see how much the anime changed things. It felt like an entirely new entity when I watched it. So could have been better.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 22:26   Link #4598
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
*Sigh* I didn't need to reread the Novel to see how much the anime changed things. It felt like an entirely new entity when I watched it. So could have been better.
I knew a lot of things have changed, but it was such a long time since I read vol four that I wasn't aware the extent to which specific events were changed. And yeah, it was like a new entity. Wait, what are we talking about? Campione! never had an anime to begin with! Most have mistaken another anime with a similar name with this LN.
Old 2012-10-13, 23:25   Link #4599
XFire
150% done

Quote:

No, he used an actual power on her. Because he was a "hero who saves the princess" he had the ability to control her, as she was connected to the earth goddesses he "saved" (defeated and controlled). The anime made it more visual by having her attack Godou, but in the novel Perseus implied he was going to rape Lili after killing Godou.
Old 2012-10-14, 00:27   Link #4600
florza
一日之计在于晨

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
No, he used an actual power on her. Because he was a "hero who saves the princess" he had the ability to control her, as she was connected to the earth goddesses he "saved" (defeated and controlled). The anime made it more visual by having her attack Godou, but in the novel Perseus implied he was going to rape Lili after killing Godou.
Originally I believe we were talking about how it wasn't 'underhanded'. You went a little off-tangent there. Perhaps you might consider the use of another word, as 'underhanded' would imply that you're doing it without the other party's knowledge behind their back in secret, which he did not. He straight up did it in Godou's face.

But anyway, in the novel, it was not explicitly implied that Perseus was going to rape Lily. The word 'imply' means to strongly suggest, and that wasn't, by the way. Perseus did not say anything about what he was going to do to her explicitly, nor did he say anything like 'we're going to have fun after I kill this godslayer' or something similar that would suggest it. What he said was that she would submit, be bent to his will, in the middle of the battle. In that case and context, it would probably refer to the command, and that she would not be able to resist it. Perseus is a hero - once again, it is reasonable to assume that he would not do something like rape.

Also, given the nature of Campione as a novel (I think we can make a fair judgement based on how many novels have already been released), I do not think it is dark enough to contain elements like 'implied intention to rape'.

(P.S. You might not have noticed, but I translated V4)

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem