AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-02-19, 10:42   Link #2121
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
She’s also my favorite pick.

I finally finished CS III like a week ago. All I can say about everything in this game is WTFFFFFFFFF. How the f*ck do they plan on resolving everything? Now I understand why everyone wants Rean to have a happy ending lol. I mean they literally said he’d get one, but I find it very hard to believe lol. His suffering is so much worse than all the others lol. Also, yeah, am very curious about what happened at the very end. And at the same time, we now have another extremely solid reason for why Alissa and Rean are best ship, because they’re literally in this together. Seriously though
Spoiler for ending of sen III:
!!!
I didn't check Sen (IV) news past the ominous line "Hopeless conclusion to Rean's story", so reading the bolded part gives me a bit of my "hope" back. Do you know, by chance, when this was stated? And a mandatoroy: Don't play with my feeble heart!
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 08:27   Link #2122
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I didn't check Sen (IV) news past the ominous line "Hopeless conclusion to Rean's story", so reading the bolded part gives me a bit of my "hope" back. Do you know, by chance, when this was stated? And a mandatoroy: Don't play with my feeble heart!
It's literally the last line of Sen III lol. Look at the very end again. It outright states this. Or at least the way it is worded makes it clear everything will be resolved.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 13:10   Link #2123
Rinvelt
駄目人間

And finished Sen II. Well, was nice, but far from Ao. Still loved it. Now, need to wait September to play Sen III and IV.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-21, 00:38   Link #2124
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
And finished Sen II. Well, was nice, but far from Ao. Still loved it. Now, need to wait September to play Sen III and IV.
What’d you think of the divertissement chapter. Doesn’t it just feel all wrong, lol?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-02-21, 01:04   Link #2125
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What’d you think of the divertissement chapter. Doesn’t it just feel all wrong, lol?
Spoiler for spoil:
Old 2018-02-28, 03:21   Link #2126
LROlsson

Falcom's March calendar, it shows that Sen no Kiseki Magazine Vol.3 comes out on the 29th of March.
I don't remember it having been announced, so I expect hearing what it will contain in next week's dengeki(or the one after it).
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 04:30   Link #2127
LROlsson

Sen no Kiseki Magazine Vol.3
Will have the latest info about Sen IV, Concept art, an Interview, the script for Sen 1 and 2's drama cds.

As said before, Sen no Kiseki Magazine Vol.3 comes out on the 29th of March and the issue of Dengeki Playstation that comes out on the same day will also have Sen no Kiseki 4 information.
source

A little later than when it was with Sen 3, three weeks left until the marketing begins.

Also, here is some sample images from the art book that comes out on the 24th.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-03-06, 14:30   Link #2128
Marx-93

Yeah, I've also heard that some characters might also be revealed in that magazine. falcom also doesn't seem to have nay big release unlike last year too, so the hype machine will be at full power.

Still, that makes me wonder. What should we do about Sen IV marketing in this thread? It will choke full of Sen III spoilers, but I don't know if hiding everything is a good idea too (besides, something eventually will slip).
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 02:36   Link #2129
LROlsson

I have no idea myself. The best would be to make a "Cold Steel" thread for the english releases, but the question is if there are enough people to have it going now. The PC ports are released, and who knows when Cold Steel 3 will be announced.

On a completely other note, gameplay of the remaster are beginning to show up. Sadly this is only 30fps, so the framerate boost can't be seen.
YouTube
Old 2018-03-09, 20:43   Link #2130
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So I just realized something very interesting about the ending of Sen III after replaying Trails of the sky SC so I want to post a theory I just came up with. This will spoil Sen III's ending so don't look if you haven't finished Sen III. It will also spoil a major chunk of SC so don't look if you haven't finished SC either lol.

Spoiler:

What do you all think about my theory, lol?

Old 2018-03-10, 05:50   Link #2131
Marx-93

Hum, there's tons of speculation regarding that scene, so I've seen much wilder theories. If I were to put my 2 cents

Spoiler for Sen III:
Old 2018-03-10, 22:33   Link #2132
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol your theory depressed me once again since it seems about right ... but I'm honestly quite curious to see what'll happen. In Sen it's pretty hard to guess what'll happen, lol.

Old 2018-03-10, 23:44   Link #2133
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Spoiler:
Old 2018-03-11, 04:57   Link #2134
Marx-93

Honestly dniv, it was quite a good one. I've seen much worse in general. While I don't believe much in this 'basic' version, something more akin to what Lkhlan said could work just as well.

Spoiler for Sen III:

Personally, I don't even dare to make a prediction about it. It's the kind of situation where it could be anything, and Falcom will likely go full-broke.
Old 2018-03-12, 10:02   Link #2135
LROlsson

The 4koma from the Sen no Kiseki 3 guide book have been scanned, you can read it here (The manga is in Japanese and full with spoilers from Sen 3)
Images
first page

On a kind of related note, the Sen no Kiseki 3 art book is getting a digital release. You can buy it on Book Walker when it's released, however it's restricted to Japanese people so you need to get around the geo lock.
I'm kind of happy about that release, I prefer to look at artwork on a monitor instead of paper.
Old 2018-03-12, 14:18   Link #2136
Dragon_Slayer_X

Well after waiting for quite some time, i finally managed to play Cold Steel 2. Been playing it for last few days slowly and now almost at the end of the infernal castle. It's been a good ride. Despite looking at some videos and already spoiling myself because of the long wait, the game still managed to make me go through waterworks several times. I don't remember which game last managed to do that, Final Fantasy 10 and Type-0 comes to mind though but that's quite some time ago. I like the game and characters too much maybe, even more so that Sky series. I kind of lost interest in Ao because of the annoying comparisons from some fans(?) tbh.

Well playing the game has solidified my belief that those who hate CS/Sen series are either biased towards Sky/Ao games way too much and don't want to give CS too much of a chance or some of them are just plain retarded. I played Sky FC/SC (unfinished but i more or less know what happens in the end.......gotta get back to finishing it sometimes), but i like CS better.

For all the "Rean always whines" or "Rean doesn't have any personality" or whatever BS complains i have seen, i have yet to find one instance when Rean was actually whining. For all the stuff that he has gone though over several games and no how many times he has been put down, he has always managed to pick himself back up with a little encouragement or support or by himself.

Fear of the unknown is a strong factor. Joshua at least knows where his abilities comes from, Rean doesn't know that and nobody clearly tells him that either, so he has reasons to worry and be afraid. His fear actually became true in CS3. But i hope he will get back up again, like he always does. Maybe this is the reason they don't try to recruit him to Ouroborus, Rean have never given in to despair completely. Hopefully he will manage to overcome it again in CS4.

As for the personality issue, people really need to play the game. Rean's interaction with the people in Ymir and several friends/classmates/acquaintances proves them wrong in every account. Seriously some of his dialogues or thoughts are quite fun.

Example:

Millium wants to cooks.

Rean (in his head): The only way Millium is cooking is over my dead body.

The last scene with Rean's adoptive parents was quite touching as well. Props to Sean Chiplock for the amazing voice acting.

At least he is well liked over there considering he is in the top 3 in the poll along with Olivier and Estelle.

Now comes the "Class VII always gets saved" issue. People really like to exaggerate this one. I mean only 3-4 instances can be complained about but haters act like that happens all over the game.

Lacan saving the party was completely unnecessary though. A magic knight shouldn't be able to give them in trouble at that point. The situation could have been better if Lacan fought with the Magic Knight initially, weakened it while Class VII came and finished it off.

The first 2 fights in infernal castle also tend to raise complains since at that point Class VII+Sara is strong enough to take down Bleublanc, Duvallie, Xeno and Leo. The situation could have been shown as a stalemate instead of Class VII being in trouble and then help arrives.

But even that can be explained as Class VII has been fighting Enforcer-level bosses non-stop while climbing the Tower. From saving the Royal family, fighting Altina, breaking the barrier and going through the Boss Rush, they are bound to be exhausted. Considering the situation, Class VII managing to make the bosses kneel (even Macburn before he goes full demon) is a accomplishment in itself.

My favorite is still the "Escape" scene though. It's satisfying to see that several bosses have to zerg rush Rean until he reached his time limit.

After finishing the game once, i will be replaying it with max bonding points first. I always liked these bonding events courtesy to Persona series and Luminous Arc series.

Also putting Jusis and Machias together sure liven things up.

Jusis (Noble Command): Now is our time. Don't waste this chance
Machias: SHUT UP!

It's going to be rather painful wait for another 1-2 years for CS3 on PC and i don't even want to think how CS4 spoilers are going to torture me.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 22:25   Link #2137
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Yeah, some people just like to shit on CS for some reason. I played everything before, but still really enjoyed CS. (Ao is still better, though )

The most complaints is the fact that the bosses are always holding back. Like, you win against them, then "Heh, I was holding back, now time to be serious", then they are saved. Yeah, holding back happens in other games, but it happened too much in CS2.
Old 2018-03-12, 22:31   Link #2138
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X View Post
Well after waiting for quite some time, i finally managed to play Cold Steel 2. Been playing it for last few days slowly and now almost at the end of the infernal castle. It's been a good ride. Despite looking at some videos and already spoiling myself because of the long wait, the game still managed to make me go through waterworks several times. I don't remember which game last managed to do that, Final Fantasy 10 and Type-0 comes to mind though but that's quite some time ago. I like the game and characters too much maybe, even more so that Sky series. I kind of lost interest in Ao because of the annoying comparisons from some fans(?) tbh.

Well playing the game has solidified my belief that those who hate CS/Sen series are either biased towards Sky/Ao games way too much and don't want to give CS too much of a chance or some of them are just plain retarded. I played Sky FC/SC (unfinished but i more or less know what happens in the end.......gotta get back to finishing it sometimes), but i like CS better.

For all the "Rean always whines" or "Rean doesn't have any personality" or whatever BS complains i have seen, i have yet to find one instance when Rean was actually whining. For all the stuff that he has gone though over several games and no how many times he has been put down, he has always managed to pick himself back up with a little encouragement or support or by himself.

Fear of the unknown is a strong factor. Joshua at least knows where his abilities comes from, Rean doesn't know that and nobody clearly tells him that either, so he has reasons to worry and be afraid. His fear actually became true in CS3. But i hope he will get back up again, like he always does. Maybe this is the reason they don't try to recruit him to Ouroborus, Rean have never given in to despair completely. Hopefully he will manage to overcome it again in CS4.

As for the personality issue, people really need to play the game. Rean's interaction with the people in Ymir and several friends/classmates/acquaintances proves them wrong in every account. Seriously some of his dialogues or thoughts are quite fun.

Example:

Millium wants to cooks.

Rean (in his head): The only way Millium is cooking is over my dead body.

The last scene with Rean's adoptive parents was quite touching as well. Props to Sean Chiplock for the amazing voice acting.

At least he is well liked over there considering he is in the top 3 in the poll along with Olivier and Estelle.

Now comes the "Class VII always gets saved" issue. People really like to exaggerate this one. I mean only 3-4 instances can be complained about but haters act like that happens all over the game.

Lacan saving the party was completely unnecessary though. A magic knight shouldn't be able to give them in trouble at that point. The situation could have been better if Lacan fought with the Magic Knight initially, weakened it while Class VII came and finished it off.

The first 2 fights in infernal castle also tend to raise complains since at that point Class VII+Sara is strong enough to take down Bleublanc, Duvallie, Xeno and Leo. The situation could have been shown as a stalemate instead of Class VII being in trouble and then help arrives.

But even that can be explained as Class VII has been fighting Enforcer-level bosses non-stop while climbing the Tower. From saving the Royal family, fighting Altina, breaking the barrier and going through the Boss Rush, they are bound to be exhausted. Considering the situation, Class VII managing to make the bosses kneel (even Macburn before he goes full demon) is a accomplishment in itself.

My favorite is still the "Escape" scene though. It's satisfying to see that several bosses have to zerg rush Rean until he reached his time limit.

After finishing the game once, i will be replaying it with max bonding points first. I always liked these bonding events courtesy to Persona series and Luminous Arc series.

Also putting Jusis and Machias together sure liven things up.

Jusis (Noble Command): Now is our time. Don't waste this chance
Machias: SHUT UP!

It's going to be rather painful wait for another 1-2 years for CS3 on PC and i don't even want to think how CS4 spoilers are going to torture me.
That's actually the thing I didn't got on Rean's case about, for I felt that it was natural. Rean was just looking for answers in the complicated situation he's been in in the past 3 games, or at least some kind of hint. However, it seems that the adults or acquaintances he got has either been giving him useless answers or half-baked hints, which doesn't help or solve the many issues he has (just telling him that everything will be alright). People who harp on Rean for worrying about his issues might've been justified, IF it wasn't for the fact that all of his worries where either proven right or justified in all 3 games. Heck, Rean worrying about Ogre Mode is turning out completely true, and the few information that talks about CS4 isn't helping (the reason I brought this up is that SO many people were harping on Rean for not using Ogre Mode as much as they want him to; saying how he should keep on using it, and that nothing bad was going to happen or there wasn't going to be no consequences for using that power. Heck, there were even people who were saying Rean would've been justified in fearing his power if something bad happen when using that power, like killing someone; which they, for some strange reason, brought up Elise).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 00:32   Link #2139
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Yeah, some people just like to shit on CS for some reason. I played everything before, but still really enjoyed CS. (Ao is still better, though )

The most complaints is the fact that the bosses are always holding back. Like, you win against them, then "Heh, I was holding back, now time to be serious", then they are saved. Yeah, holding back happens in other games, but it happened too much in CS2.
To be fair, Sky SC had the same amount or more even with A/B rank bracers and an Ex-enforcer. The only difference was that the bosses were "Job's done, we will let you live for now lol" instead of reinforcements. Getting a second wind isn't really surprising considering who the characters are. Bleublanc has been toying with characters from 3 series, Duavallie went into berserk mode, Xeno and Leo are veterans jaegars and for all we know they made gotten some more enhancements as part of being associated with a certain workshop.

I don't know about Ao but considering this is Falcom's style and quite reasonable to make the power levels clear, i am pretty sure there are several similar situations in those game as well.

The only offender is the "Lacan saving the team scenario".......the rest i don't see any problem with and can be explained or justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
That's actually the thing I didn't got on Rean's case about, for I felt that it was natural. Rean was just looking for answers in the complicated situation he's been in in the past 3 games, or at least some kind of hint. However, it seems that the adults or acquaintances he got has either been giving him useless answers or half-baked hints, which doesn't help or solve the many issues he has (just telling him that everything will be alright). People who harp on Rean for worrying about his issues might've been justified, IF it wasn't for the fact that all of his worries where either proven right or justified in all 3 games. Heck, Rean worrying about Ogre Mode is turning out completely true, and the few information that talks about CS4 isn't helping (the reason I brought this up is that SO many people were harping on Rean for not using Ogre Mode as much as they want him to; saying how he should keep on using it, and that nothing bad was going to happen or there wasn't going to be no consequences for using that power. Heck, there were even people who were saying Rean would've been justified in fearing his power if something bad happen when using that power, like killing someone; which they, for some strange reason, brought up Elise).
Agreed. The adults failed to give any proper answers and Macburn only gave vague hints. If Rean knew about this power or it was his own natural ability, he could have gotten used to it instinctively. But his power being a foreign element is a large demerit. People really don't understand the trauma of a kid who found out the fact that he can go out of control and massacare a large beast only with a hachet. What if the next time it was a human? It really doesn't need to be spelled out that this kind of things can cause probelms for a child. Rean tried to get over it by practicing Eight-leaves Style but sadly couldn't. But it's better than sitting around being emo or doing nothing. That certainly is praiseworthy.

It's kind of similar to how people back then couldn't understand how Shirou's (FSN) action with partially influence by survivor's guilt. It's something that can even affect hardcore war veterans.

Last edited by Dragon_Slayer_X; 2018-03-13 at 01:44.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 09:27   Link #2140
Marina2

I'm sorry to say this but...while It's ok to love the game, maybe you guys should accept that CS2 have many flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X

Class VII always get saved/helped in important battle through out the game, they only managed to defeat trash mob and trash boss but they jobbed every time against anything else. It is not about how their "lost" can be explained or not, it's more about why the writer chose to make a story like this when there should be many better ways he could go with.

Quote:
To be fair, Sky SC had the same amount or more even with A/B rank bracers and an Ex-enforcer. The only difference was that the bosses were "Job's done, we will let you live for now lol" instead of reinforcements. Getting a second wind isn't really surprising considering who the characters are. Bleublanc has been toying with characters from 3 series, Duavallie went into berserk mode, Xeno and Leo are veterans jaegars and for all we know they made gotten some more enhancements as part of being associated with a certain workshop.
Sky SC did it ways better. At the final dungeon , all of characters who were important went to explore final dungeon together. Then, you can choose who to bring with Estelle and Joshua. If you bring correct characters to correct boss fight (i.e. bring Oliver and Kloe to Bleublanc fight, bring Zin to Walter fight), your party will actually 'defeat' the boss. The bosses accepted their lost and escaped. There is a feel of accomplishment here.

In CS2 final dungeon, they could have let Class VII meet with those people who come to help them in the front of the tower ,recruit them into the party and go in together. Then the game can do something similar to Sky SC as I said in above paragraph. Instead, we got characters came out of nowhere at the right time to save them
and the battle continue "elsewhere" with no actual conclusion to be seen.

Also, story-wise, it feels like Class VII didn't realize that the task given to them is impossible. If no one come to save them, they would be dead. There is no plan B or whatever. Rean basically lead everyone to their death and everyone just mindlessly follow Rean. It is also funny that Rean gave those epic and motivate speeches before every fight and they still get defeated every time. Except with Vita and Clow fight, of course.

Quote:
Agreed. The adults failed to give any proper answers and Macburn only gave vague hints. If Rean knew about this power or it was his own natural ability, he could have gotten used to it instinctively. But his power being a foreign element is a large demerit. People really don't understand the trauma of a kid who found out the fact that he can go out of control and massacare a large beast only with a hachet. What if the next time it was a human? It really doesn't need to be spelled out that this kind of things can cause probelms for a child. Rean tried to get over it by practicing Eight-leaves Style but sadly couldn't. But it's better than sitting around being emo or doing nothing. That certainly is praiseworthy.
Then, Rean should've spend a time to practice to control his power. At one point of CS2, he already managed to have a good control over his power. Why stop there? It's also very clear that Rean only went berserk when someone close to him was in danger. This means all he need to do is to train his mind to be able to clam down when that happened. He needs to learn to live with it not refuses it.

.................................................. ....

Look, I have fun go around exploring the world. I like almost all characters and NPCs. The battle mechanics are interesting. BUT there is no way I will think the plot and storytelling in CS2 are good or make sense.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-03-13 at 09:46.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria