Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-20, 00:58   Link #17981
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
Ok i guess Reine been different from Mio is starting to get established here .....
but god she looks hella different from Mio

Spoiler for vol19:
If the two being different really is the case, then it's starting to look much more likely that Reine will be the one dies, rather than Mio.

Mio's still in Kurumi's shadow due to Shido going back in time, so if he's taking Reine on a date, that means she's the more likely target for Westcott in this volume. Since it was implied Mio couldn't use her full strength until Reine reunited with her in Vol 18, that gives Mio less reason to leave Kurumi's shadow, as she'd likely want to keep herself safe for the sake of her plans.

The fact she's on the cover only points a bigger target on Reine's back.

Good news is this justifies a way that Westcott wouldn't be able to use Ain, since he'd end the story if he was able to use it. Only having some of Mio's power gives him the same issues Beelzebub has due to Raziel co-existing with it.
Old 2018-07-20, 03:45   Link #17982
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
If the two being different really is the case, then it's starting to look much more likely that Reine will be the one dies, rather than Mio.

Mio's still in Kurumi's shadow due to Shido going back in time, so if he's taking Reine on a date, that means she's the more likely target for Westcott in this volume. Since it was implied Mio couldn't use her full strength until Reine reunited with her in Vol 18, that gives Mio less reason to leave Kurumi's shadow, as she'd likely want to keep herself safe for the sake of her plans.

Good news is this justifies a way that Westcott wouldn't be able to use Ain, since he'd end the story if he was able to use it. Only having some of Mio's power gives him the same issues Beelzebub has due to Raziel co-existing with it.

just wait for it, when author make an scenario where Reine survive and Mio dies . if they weren't different why would author bother give them 2 different astral dress ?
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 05:48   Link #17983
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post

Eh, if anything, I'd say its the opposite. We've known Reine for a very long time - we've gotten to know and love her. She's helped our heroes out on many occasions, and although she's not always been on the level, she has always come through for our protagonists in the end.

Mio's only claim to fame is killing practically every other character we know and care about - and the first time we see her in-person is when she's ruining fan-favourite Kurumi's life.

IF either die...narrative expectation really suggests it be Mio, rather than Reine.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 07:00   Link #17984
tuckersister

I did predicted ReineVSMio months ago.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 07:44   Link #17985
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I did predicted ReineVSMio months ago.
i doubt that would be the case conflict yes a real battle nah ....and it's seems that Reine ability's are weak compare to Mio's since she's the the true spirit here ..just in vol 18 her power was overwhelming alone she can 1 shot fraxinus / stopped a rampage shido / stopped a laser beam canon / killed most of spirits using spikes that get out from their own shadow .. a killing machine .., and assuming shido manage to get Reine into his side , i sure Mio will just kills her off and absorb her to get her max power ...next vol well see what Reine is capable off.../ and what going on inside that head of hers
Old 2018-07-20, 07:58   Link #17986
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Eh, if anything, I'd say its the opposite. We've known Reine for a very long time - we've gotten to know and love her. She's helped our heroes out on many occasions, and although she's not always been on the level, she has always come through for our protagonists in the end.

Mio's only claim to fame is killing practically every other character we know and care about - and the first time we see her in-person is when she's ruining fan-favourite Kurumi's life.

IF either die...narrative expectation really suggests it be Mio, rather than Reine.
Looks like I forgot to say in my previous reply that I felt Reine would be more likely to die if Tachibana was going for his usual bittersweet endings, and you pretty much said the reasons that made me worry she'd qualify for it.

If Reine and Mio are separate and she survives, then I don't mind, because they would still technically be the same person, but Reine would be the good side she threw away.

Considering all this planning Mio's done, and how she feels only Tohka was a threat to her, it would be really exciting if Reine ends up becoming a new threat to her plan when Mio created her intentionally to help her plans. Her own innocence means she'd have never considered she'd be her own worst enemy.
Old 2018-07-20, 09:12   Link #17987
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Kurumi bikini!!!
https://imgur.com/a/d24U0gD

Spoiler for DM:
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 09:23   Link #17988
EvI

First of all, about that cover.... It's just me seeing a chinese clothes, swimsuit and bridal dress? As expect of the woman that does of everything, Reine.

And about that stupid discussion about who'll die of whatever i think everyone is still impressed with volume 18 where Mio went and killed everyone but you all know what? the author never said ANYTHING about killing the poor girl.... Guys the name of this novel is date a "LIVE", no matter how beyond salvation is the girl, catch her heart, save her and get your happy ending, this is the meaning of this novel. It's not impossible but the chance of Mio/Reine dying is very small compared with what you guys sayin', don't forget Shidou can always reset and start a New game+ and even if the author go for the bittersweet kinda of ending and Mio "disappears" by the end of the novel i bet she will return in some different form like a human or Rinne, maybe....or something like "she is there watching over us" which will be the most depressing form of ending for her in my eyes to this.

And about Reine, in my eyes she is almost no different than Kurumi clones are to Kurimi herself just more "real", there is no such thing as she is the good part of Mio, don't forget that she betrayed everyone in cold blood or rather she was never truly on their side. I'm guessing something like, that Reine will be taken prisoner of westcott for his Last boss transformation and Shidou will ask Kurumi to let him talk with Mio in her shadow to convince/seduce her to help and to accept his present self.

Btw Shidou invited Reine to a date "tomorrow".... which just happens to be the day of the war, how will he freakin' pull this off, i'm imagining bullets flying everywhere and he there with Reine enjoying a sweet time.

Last edited by EvI; 2018-07-20 at 09:46.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 21:33   Link #17989
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
True Onee-san!
nope True Milf
Old 2018-07-21, 08:18   Link #17990
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

New short story

Spoiler for Kurumi Audition ..!!:
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 10:30   Link #17991
Mizo

Spoiler for I'm having a blast right now:
Old 2018-07-21, 13:23   Link #17992
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoe View Post
New short story

Spoiler for Kurumi Audition ..!!:
Guess this will be in Encore Vol.8. Btw, was I the only one who immediately noticed the Cyber Dragon Nächster on the right side .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 14:31   Link #17993
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Guess this will be in Encore Vol.8. Btw, was I the only one who immediately noticed the Cyber Dragon Nächster on the right side .
nop your not the only one who noticed that , but srsly just how many cards are getting released ...i stopped playing long time ago after 5D's too much cards and types my brain can't handle ..that aside found a really good image showing Reine and Mio at the same time
Spoiler for i'm having a blast right now:

Old 2018-07-21, 18:09   Link #17994
tuckersister

I wonder if Shidou ever talk about his real parents and what he think of them. I always thought of Reine as the mom type. I also wonder what would happen if Reine separates from Mio.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 18:38   Link #17995
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder if Shidou ever talk about his real parents and what he think of them. I always thought of Reine as the mom type. I also wonder what would happen if Reine separates from Mio.
that kinda tricky u know ....the question is does he consider himself to have parents to begin with , they are shinji parents , and from vol 18 narrative , shido , made it clear that his not shinji... or at least that what i thought .... for Mio/reine thing .i didn't really get that question of yours but we saw how they act while fused & we still don't know how different they are from each other ... while separated . Mio need reine to get her full power and astral dress but it seems Reine can have her own astral dress too ...which could be the case for mio , it's hella confusing . all we can do is wait for vol 19
Old 2018-07-21, 19:37   Link #17996
cyberdemon

Reine once reacted to being called a mother. This makes me think that to a certain extent she might represent the part of Mio that considers herself a mother to Shido. Perhaps something she discarded into Reine so that she could remain Shinji's lover. Perhaps if that feeling was to be strengthened through the date with Reine, then Reine might be more willing to protect Shidou. Or it could influence Mio's opinion of Shidou when they fuse again.

I am kind of curious about Shinji and Mana's parents though
Old 2018-07-21, 22:36   Link #17997
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Fantasia Bunko is planning a big event for their 30th anniversary in Akihabara. (I cant remember if this is the Fantasia Bunko event mentioned earlier)

Date A Live is among the titles lined up for the Main Stage. Next update is August 1st. Hopefully we’ll finally get something new about s3.

Among the goods for those attending the event is a “Kurumi ga Ippai” blanket. I’m guessing a blanket with a bunch of Kurumi’s clones on it. Next update is August 17th.
Old 2018-07-22, 03:24   Link #17998
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Reine once reacted to being called a mother. This makes me think that to a certain extent she might represent the part of Mio that considers herself a mother to Shido. Perhaps something she discarded into Reine so that she could remain Shinji's lover. Perhaps if that feeling was to be strengthened through the date with Reine, then Reine might be more willing to protect Shidou. Or it could influence Mio's opinion of Shidou when they fuse again.

I am kind of curious about Shinji and Mana's parents though
actually that makes sens in a way ... Mio doesn't want to change from what shinji remember her to be...and we can't really mark how the 2 act differently but we do have hints ..
like vol 11 when shido meet phantom :
Spoiler for text:

EDIT : i totally forgot that this volume called Mio true end wouldn't be the case Reine having her astral dress because she fused with Mio and took control after shido succeed in his date with her?

that aside about his parents DEM could killed them or something .....they took his sister so i won't be surprised if they did something to them .

Last edited by Mizo; 2018-07-22 at 09:45.
Old 2018-07-24, 17:11   Link #17999
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoe View Post
Kurumi bikini!!!
https://imgur.com/a/d24U0gD

Spoiler for DM:
The only real problem here is that it's not Tsunako who's drawing this. Not to disparage the illustrator for Date a Bullet, but I prefer Tsunako's art myself. Was the Date a Bullet illustrator also the only designer behind the White Queen, Kurumi's inverse form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Good point. There’s that oneesan member of the harem everybody wanted.
I was under the impression that Honjou Nia, the holder of the second spirit, was the Onee-san of the group. Or does she not actually act that way in the novels? Nia certainly hasn't appeared in the anime adaptation so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post

Isn't Mio the real face behind Reine? Reine is just a mask, a fragment, kind of like how Kurumi's clones are dependent on the real Kurumi's survival to persist. Unless the author can come up with a reason that Reine can take over Mio to become the dominant version, of course, but that sounds like a Deus Ex Machina solution to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
First of all, about that cover.... It's just me seeing a chinese clothes, swimsuit and bridal dress? As expect of the woman that does of everything, Reine.

And about that stupid discussion about who'll die of whatever i think everyone is still impressed with volume 18 where Mio went and killed everyone but you all know what? the author never said ANYTHING about killing the poor girl.... Guys the name of this novel is date a "LIVE", no matter how beyond salvation is the girl, catch her heart, save her and get your happy ending, this is the meaning of this novel. It's not impossible but the chance of Mio/Reine dying is very small compared with what you guys sayin', don't forget Shidou can always reset and start a New game+ and even if the author go for the bittersweet kinda of ending and Mio "disappears" by the end of the novel i bet she will return in some different form like a human or Rinne, maybe....or something like "she is there watching over us" which will be the most depressing form of ending for her in my eyes to this.
It's nice that you appreciate Reine's astral dress, but the question you aren't asking is, why are Tsunako's costume designs for heroines and superhuman female characters always so revealing? You have to admit that the astral dress is rather out of character for Reine.

As for Shidou starting a New Game+, doesn't he need the same "fuel" to power that ability like Kurumi does? Or is he going to do his own version of "Kurumi Refrain" where he'll have to redo it over a hundred times to get it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Fantasia Bunko is planning a big event for their 30th anniversary in Akihabara. (I cant remember if this is the Fantasia Bunko event mentioned earlier)

Date A Live is among the titles lined up for the Main Stage. Next update is August 1st. Hopefully we’ll finally get something new about s3.

Among the goods for those attending the event is a “Kurumi ga Ippai” blanket. I’m guessing a blanket with a bunch of Kurumi’s clones on it. Next update is August 17th.
I'm glad that Fantasia Bunko is giving DAL some real attention. But what if it's bad news, like the cancellation of the DAL anime's season 3? The goods they give out could be a consolation prize. IMS, the previous animation studio for is dead and there's no guarantee that another studio will pick up DAL. The main novel is ending for good soon, and it's very unusual for an anime adaptation to continue being made after the source material is finished. I'm afraid we might never see Natsumi and Spirit Origami, let alone Honjou Nia or Mio's spirit form in animated form.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-25, 05:34   Link #18000
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
The only real problem here is that it's not Tsunako who's drawing this. Not to disparage the illustrator for Date a Bullet, but I prefer Tsunako's art myself. Was the Date a Bullet illustrator also the only designer behind the White Queen, Kurumi's inverse form?
No, White Queen's concept was by Tachibana - same as all the designs.
An author tells the artist what they want the character to look like, then the designer goes away and does a handful of draft concepts. The author then selects the draft they like best for the artist to then finalize.

Quote:
I was under the impression that Honjou Nia, the holder of the second spirit, was the Onee-san of the group. Or does she not actually act that way in the novels? Nia certainly hasn't appeared in the anime adaptation so far.
Nia's a huge otaku and pervert in love with everything 2D. She and Miku grope Mukuro in the 'Mukuro Hair' short story, and she's joined Miku and Origami as part of a 'perverted trio' as of V16 - sneaking into Shido's bed in lingerie and the like. She's a brilliant character, but she isn't 'older sisterly' in any sense of the phrase.

Quote:
Isn't Mio the real face behind Reine? Reine is just a mask, a fragment, kind of like how Kurumi's clones are dependent on the real Kurumi's survival to persist. Unless the author can come up with a reason that Reine can take over Mio to become the dominant version, of course, but that sounds like a Deus Ex Machina solution to me.
No offense, but if you haven't read the novels far enough to know Nia's personality, then you don't know what you're talking about here, either.
In both Date A Live, via Eyepatch Kurumi in V16 and V17, and in Date A Bullet, via Cistus in V3, it has been established that Kurumi's clones can - and do - develop their own independence. Cistus's plan, before changing her mind, in DABV3 is even to absorb Kurumi and become the dominant personality.
It isn't a Deus Ex Machina if its been foreshadowed constantly.

Quote:
It's nice that you appreciate Reine's astral dress, but the question you aren't asking is, why are Tsunako's costume designs for heroines and superhuman female characters always so revealing? You have to admit that the astral dress is rather out of character for Reine.
Because this is a harem novel series aimed at men in their late teens to early thirties, that's why. There is an expectation that a lot of flesh and flashy dresses are what the audience wants to see. As I've told you before, Date A Live is a seinen novel series.
Besides, no, it isn't out-of-character - Reine's worn revealing dresses and swimsuits and the like in a couple of short stories already.

Quote:
As for Shidou starting a New Game+, doesn't he need the same "fuel" to power that ability like Kurumi does? Or is he going to do his own version of "Kurumi Refrain" where he'll have to redo it over a hundred times to get it right?
No, he doesn't. He has enough Spirit Mana within him it would take a long time before he needed to start killing people to replenish it.
You must recall, Kurumi has but one Sephirah worth of power - Shido, by this point, has eight full ones, as well as slivers of the other two.
Plus, there is no reason to assume that Shido will need more than one attempt.

Quote:
I'm glad that Fantasia Bunko is giving DAL some real attention. But what if it's bad news, like the cancellation of the DAL anime's season 3? The goods they give out could be a consolation prize. IMS, the previous animation studio for is dead and there's no guarantee that another studio will pick up DAL. The main novel is ending for good soon, and it's very unusual for an anime adaptation to continue being made after the source material is finished. I'm afraid we might never see Natsumi and Spirit Origami, let alone Honjou Nia or Mio's spirit form in animated form.
Do you not know anything about the anime/manga/light novel industry at all?
For a start, DAL had a show exactly like this last year, so DAL has hardly been in need of 'real attention' for a while. Secondly, a cancellation would have been announced by now, with plenty of apologizing, not built up to.
Thirdly, DAL18 - which was released whilst IMS was already going into liquidation - stated in its afterword that production is 'running smoothly'. Realistically, IMS was never the studio behind DALIII at all.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2018-07-25 at 07:36.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy