AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 11:56   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The other most interesting information is that Ryuuho is Shiryuu's son!!!
Shiryuu and Shunrei finally together? I hope they didn’t married on that waterfall coz it seems that all their interactions happened there .

All the characters look decent. They look different but still cool. Just one question: is Mars the official name of the antagonist? Since when Saint Seiya enter the realm of Roman Gods?
Old 2012-03-09, 12:04   Link #42
Miraluka
Banned

Ha! I knew it, Ryuuh is Shirryu's son! Their names sounds similar afterall .

I bet my money that Mars' main form is hidden behind that robot-like figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
All the characters look decent. They look different but still cool. Just one question: is Mars the official name of the antagonist? Since when Saint Seiya enter the realm of Roman Gods?
Kurumada always mixed Roman and Greek.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 13:48   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Tohru Furuya's presence just elevated this from a probable watch to a definite one.

Question for any potential SS manga readers out there, how much of the manga does the classic TV series actually cover and what portions do all the OVA's that have been released over the years cover?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 13:56   Link #44
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Tohru Furuya's presence just elevated this from a probable watch to a definite one.

Question for any potential SS manga readers out there, how much of the manga does the classic TV series actually cover and what portions do all the OVA's that have been released over the years cover?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Seiya_episodes

Quote:
released in OVA format. The project ended in 2008, finally fully adapting Kurumada's manga to animation.
All the new information about Omega is giving me a boner.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 15:48   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yep, it's Mars. I don't know why they chose to use his Roman name rather than the Greek one, but I'm pretty sure he's Ares and not a separate deity anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You see it on the picture. He looks suspiciously like Eden... not sure if that's his form beneath his armor or his host body though. I have a feeling the armor is empty and that it's being moved by Mars' soul, so I'm going for the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
All the new information about Omega is giving me a boner.
Me too. I'm so freaking pumped for this show. Shina and Shiryuu being mentioned makes me hopeful they and the other bronze/silver saints will return. I'd love to see Marin come back as a gold saint (she's a Pisces, by the way). And I bet Kiki will be the new Aries saint.
Old 2012-03-09, 18:23   Link #46
Miraluka
Banned

Yunna has some good looking legs.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 18:45   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Shiryu's son is an insane surprise, though then again there's no way they could get away with that character design without some kind of explanation.
Old 2012-03-10, 02:34   Link #48
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't care about Ryuho and Shiryu!! I want to know about Cygnus Hyoga, my favorite bronze saint. Well about Omega, I hope it will be a good show. I really like Cassern Sins.

I really hope that Yuna will be an interesting and strong female saint. And I hope that they will be other strong female saints. Because in Saint Seiya, it's often a fight Man vs Man.
Well we have Lost Canvas with Yuzuriha, Violate, Partita but all of them really disappoint me, especially Yuzuriha.
Her seiyu did Kagome from Inu Yasha and Chidori from FMP; maybe a tomboy? I hope it will be the case, I always like girl like that in animation .

Fairy Tail is the only shonen where a female character (Erza) have epic battle in my opinion. I really hope that Yuna'll have epic battle, but I think she will be useless .

By the way, Athena, kidnapped again? WTF! I hate her.... Boring girl.

Now the most important thing is the man who will do the soundtrack because the music is really really important. The show can be just average but with a good soundtrack, it can be really good (for example Fairy Tail). When I watched Lost Canvas Oav's, I was really disappointed by the soundtrack, it kill everything.

Last edited by Albafica; 2012-03-10 at 02:56.
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 06:45   Link #49
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Ha! I knew it, Ryuuh is Shirryu's son! Their names sounds similar afterall .

Nope he didn't
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 10:40   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
As far as I can remember, the original Saint Seiya (movies aside) never used any Roman pantheon names for important characters (especially the antagonists). Still, I’m open to any evidence that prove otherwise .
Old 2012-03-10, 11:12   Link #51
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:

I thought he will never get any role again after his glorious return as ray amuro Livonze Almark at Gundam 00
Old 2012-03-10, 16:17   Link #52
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2012-03-10, 21:00   Link #53
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:

The classic TV series covers up to the Poseidon Arc of the manga but the TV series also contains the Asgard Arc which was not in the manga. With the Hades OVA all the original manga material has been animated (Next Dimension by Karamada is obviously not part of the original manga series, and who knows if what happened in it would considered part of the canon of the anime universe).

All the movies were original material.

Also about the mixing of mythologies I don't think it's a big issue since even in the manga Virgo Shaka was a Buddist and one of the Poseidon guardian was a Hindu so the universe is obviously open to the idea that the other mythologies could also co-exists and be true at the same time. And this is more so in the anime universe with the Asgard arc and all that.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 03:55   Link #54
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Cool pic. By the way, some people think that the man who will sing the opening will be Hironobu Kageyama (who did "Soldier dream" in Saint Seiya or Dragon ball' songs ) because he will be present at the sneak preview of Saint Seiya Omega.
Well I hope he will do a good song because I was really disappointed by Lost Canvas opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkIF8JucbCE

An interview translated by Archange from Saintseiyapedia:

Quote:
L'importance sera donnée aux combats au corps à corps !

Kôga et d'autres jeunes Bronzes Saints vont s'opposer à Mars, le dieu de la guerre qui s'en prend à Athéna. Lors de leur périple, les hommes de Mars et d'autres Saints rivaux se mettront en travers de leur route, mais ils en ressortiront grandis.

Interview de Wakabayashi Gô, producteur de la Toei Animation :

Q : Est-ce que cette série est la suite du Saint Seiya que nous connaissons ?
W : C'est une histoire exclusive animée qui fait office de suite à l’œuvre originale.

Q : Le titre principal est Saint Seiya, et pourtant le protagoniste n'est pas Seiya (rires)
W : En effet (rires). Kôga est un nouveau personnage principal. Pour nous le titre "Saint Seiya" représente un thème en soi. Seiya était Bronze Saint, le plus faible rang qui soit, et qui a malgré tout réussi à vaincre le rang supérieur des Gold Saints ainsi que des dieux. Le thème de l’œuvre originale est "avancer grâce à ses efforts et à l'amitié". Kôga est un personnage prenant Seiya comme modèle.

Q : Et Kôga est tout comme Seiya le Bronze Saint de Pégase.
W: Nous voulons faire ressentir de manière neuve à ceux qui ne connaissent pas le monde de Saint Seiya ce que nous avons nous-même ressenti lorsque nous avons découvert le Saint Seiya d'origine. C'est pourquoi cette histoire va montrer le nouveau Saint de Pégase rencontrant des compagnons et s'améliorant avec eux. Seiya quand à lui est devenu le Gold Saint du Sagittaire. Seiya porte une image de héros ayant accompli de nombreux miracles, et même parmi notre équipe, le sentiment général est que "Pégase implique Seiya". Kôga va avoir à se battre contre l'imposante réputation affiliée à sa Cloth.

Q : Qu'avez-vous envie de montrer dans l'histoire principale ?
W : Saint Seiya n'est pas une œuvre tournant autour d'un pouvoir reçu, mais montre plutôt comment surpasser de puissants adversaires au travers de ses efforts et du dépassement de soi. Autrement dit cette histoire montre qu' "Il ne peut y avoir de victoire ans efforts". Je pense que ce genre d'histoire est devenu rare ces derniers temps. C'est donc quelque chose que j'ai envie de montrer.
Ok it's in french . But it will be difficult for me to translate in english so...

Roughly speaking, the interview says that the show will have more fight Hand to hand. But of course we will see abilities like Pegasus Meteor etc... I think it's a cool idea, because Saint Seiya's fights are a really repetitive. And I hope that the new saints will have some news abilities because to watch Koga launch Pegasus ryu sei ken everytime.... a bit boring no ? I hope that the story will not only focus on Koga. Lost Canvas was ok because we saw a lot about Gold Saints, but we saw Pegasus Tenma too.

Saints will fight against Mars and his henchmen, and against other Saints.
So some Saints will fight against each other it seems. It looks interesting. I always like battle between 2 saints.

In the interview, it says that Omega is the sequel of the original Saint Seiya.

The subject of Omega will be: "the power of the friendship and effort". Wow so original.... Well it's a shonen ha... There will be no victory without efforts.

Koga will fight to prove that he is a good Pegasus saint, because this cloth is related to the legend Seiya, the one who did so much miracles. He will have some pressure on him.

Oh and by the way, the story of episode 2 is really comic....:

Quote:
Episode 2 : Unknow
Script : Akatsuki Yamatoya
Director : Hideki Hiroshima
Storyboard : Eisaku Inoue
Animation Director : Emiko Miyamoto

Kōga says that he will take back Saori who was kidnapped in front of him
Oh my god... I hate that Saori... Seriously, always kidnapped... Is she really a godess?

Edit: i can't saw the image so i give it here if some people can't saw it too!

Old 2012-03-11, 05:32   Link #55
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Focus is hand-to-hand fight?

Oh my, Umakoshi will have fun with this honey.
Old 2012-03-11, 06:27   Link #56
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I like how the producer says that this would be a story about "if you don't work hard you won't win" and that there appears to be a lack of these kinds of theme in recent works. I think he has a point - there are a lot of shounen shows where a plot point would make power-ups land on the protagonists laps and they suddenly become really powerful, then rinse and repeat. Also more hand-to-hand combat is really welcome as I was just going through the manga again and yes fights were definitely not a strong point of Saint Seiya as they just keep throwing their special attacks repeatedly. I hope Omega can deliver here.

Also worth noting in the character description is that it says Yuna questions why female saints must wear a mask, so I guess she is rebelling against tradition in her own way by not wearing a mask and making a point about this probably means there might be stories to deal with the whole mask thing. This is good to see too because the old Saint Seiya is frankly pretty sexists where nearly all the women are weak and helpless (hence why Saori keeps getting abducted and even silver saints like Shaina is nothing more than a meat shield for Seiya), it's about time the show catches up to current times. Just hope Yuna isn't as disappointing as Yuzuriha of Lost Canvas.
Old 2012-03-11, 08:03   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mars is described as the god of war and the guardian of Mars (the planet, apparently), similar to Athena being the goddess of war and guardian of Earth. If he's an alien God, than that could explain why they're using his roman name. Incidentally, Ares was said not to be an Olympian in one of the databook, so it could still be him.

Another possible reason to call him Mars is that Ares was already the name of the (fake) Pope in the original series. That could confuse some viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Focus is hand-to-hand fight?

Oh my, Umakoshi will have fun with this honey.
I thought that was a given since Umakoshi is involved

The fights are definitely going to be more exciting than those of the original show. I hope they're still going to be emotional too, that was the strong point of Saint Seiya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Also worth noting in the character description is that it says Yuna questions why female saints must wear a mask, so I guess she is rebelling against tradition in her own way by not wearing a mask and making a point about this probably means there might be stories to deal with the whole mask thing. This is good to see too because the old Saint Seiya is frankly pretty sexists where nearly all the women are weak and helpless (hence why Saori keeps getting abducted and even silver saints like Shaina is nothing more than a meat shield for Seiya), it's about time the show catches up to current times. Just hope Yuna isn't as disappointing as Yuzuriha of Lost Canvas.
I'm very happy to see someone openly rebelling against that stupid tradition. I hope that plot point won't be simply brushed aside after her introduction. I'm pinning high hopes on Yuna. I have a feeling she's going to be an awesome character. I love her different expressions in her character sheet, she looks so strong and confident.

Moreover, as I said before, I'm hoping we'll see at least one female gold saint too. I'll be disappointed if they're all males once again.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:33   Link #58
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Moreover, as I said before, I'm hoping we'll see at least one female gold saint too. I'll be disappointed if they're all males once again.
That would be pretty cool. I guess Pisces would be a fairly logical choice for a female gold saint considering how traditionally the Pisces saint is said to be beautiful. I would say Virgo too but I think Shun might become the Virgo saint. Maybe a male/female Gemini twins? Would be even more awesome to highlight the inequality if the female twin was casted as the second (like how all the Gemini twins have had one being the outcast) because she was merely a female.
Old 2012-03-11, 10:03   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

You know, when I first learned about the characters' real ages back in the first TV show I was kind of confused, because their physique always led me to believe that they were a little bit older than what their real age suggested to be.

If I presume a timeline, given how also in the manga Kurumada himself retconned the year the original story started, I would say Athena and her saints fought and waged war against Ares (Mars) at the turn of the millenium around 1999-2000.

Seiya would probably found baby Kouga right after the war, and Saori might have adopted him. Cut to a 13-year time skip, and the year is 2011-2012: Pretty much the new generation of Saints are old enough to have undergone their respective trials and won the allegiance of their respective Saints Cloths to wear.

Around that time Saori and her old-generation of former Bronze Saints would be around their mid-30's.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 11:27   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Hmm...a female Pisces Goldsaint who wears a mask.... Wow, that actually will look pretty cool. If the female saint is as mysterious as Marin, that'll be perfect. Oh, the Scorpio Goldsaint can be a girl too since the main weapon is a fingernail .

About the ‘mask’ rule: yeah, It IS ridiculous. Plus, those female saints always wear poor clothing, not just minimal but also ugly compared to the male saints. I feel sorry for them. Also, how come (in the original show) the male cloth cover all important parts of the body while the female cloth just cover the shoulders, arms and lower part of legs? In fact, I’m a bit curious, can Eagle cloth (Marin’s), Crane cloth (Yuzuriha’s) and Ophiucus cloth (Shaina’s) worn by men?

Btw, did Shaina marry Seiya already (due to the ‘mask’ rule)? If she didn’t, then it’s obviously Shaina’s own fault since she’s too shy to ask Seiya even though he’s always available .

Tags
action, shounen