Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 20:56   Link #1181
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The anime, manga, and novels are all licensed, of course.

I don't think you would go wrong either way. As for Chloe, she replaces a character that had a more minor role in the novel, and I actually thought it added a bit of a personal angle to the anime that was nice. I didn't think it distracted, though by the same token I didn't find the novel particularly lacking. As for as changes go, I think it was a good one and was pretty smart.

No matter what, though, I think you will want to read the novels eventually, as they add a lot more detail and texture than what they could fit in the anime, not to mention the anime only covers four novels (v1, v2, v3, and v5) from a much longer series. Volume 4 was already released with a non-animated story, and volume 6 will be released in English next month.
Well usually from light novel to anime adaptation you won't be able to fit every single detail, especially into a 12 episode season so that was expected to me. Good to know the changes weren't a negative so I'm happy to know that.
Old 2012-05-20, 17:02   Link #1182
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not going to crosspost, but I've found that a lot of fan art exists that transplant the ideas of Horo & Lawrence into the online MMO game called TERA --- and it works pretty well.

Link to example post with pics ->http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...84#post4168784
Old 2012-05-20, 17:36   Link #1183
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

So it does...

But still, Ookami>>>>>>>>>>Kitsune.

... always better than Kitsune!

Thanks for the share!
Old 2012-12-13, 00:33   Link #1184
Tri-ring

Here is an interesting article about Holo and her companion's trip.

Quote:
Anime fan treks the globe with cardboard cutout wolf bride
http://www.japantoday.com/category/a...out-wolf-bride

TOKYO — Eternal anime fan and Eurasian student Fabrice Requin is on a mission; a mission to transport his cardboard cut-out “bride” Holo around the planet and visit as many scenic locations together as possible.

Having already visited Singapore, Indonesia and China as well as many European locations, brave traveler Fabrice has recently caught the attention of the Japanese media who can’t get enough of his wacky adventures and admire his brazen, anime-loving spirit.

Project Holo, named after the character of the same name from anime Spice and Wolf, sees Fabrice visiting world-famous sites with his friend, sister and, most importantly, a life-size cardboard cutout of character Holo dressed as a bride. Caring not a jot about the stares and giggles he receives, Fabrice poses in front of sights like Kyoto and Nara’s Kinkaku and Todai temples, fashionable Ikebukuro and the famous “scramble” pedestrian crossing as seen in Bill Murray’s now legendary movie and Japanophile favorite “Lost in Translation.”

“Several months ago, I purchased a cardboard cutout of Holo from Spice & Wolf out of curiosity,” explains Fabrice on his website Fateful Encounters. “Thinking that it was a waste to just display it in my room, I decided to create Project Holo along with my friend and sister with the intention of taking her to as many places around the world if the opportunity rises, and put together a photo album with different country landmarks and everyone that she has met.”

Fabrice says that he was inspired by this short scene in the anime Durarara!! in which two characters are seen carrying a cutout exactly like that Fabrice found online.

With his bags packed and his bride broken into easily reassembled pieces, Fabrice was ready to begin travelling. And travel he did.

As Japanese website IT Media writes, during their time in Tokyo, Holo and Fabrice paid visits to all of the popular sightseeing locations, but also made time to visit the Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka and the otaku mecca that is Akihabara, calling in at Good Smile Cafe and Karaoke. Fortunately for them, their visit coincided with the final day of a special Puella Magi Madoka Magica event; an animation that Fabrice is a huge fan of.

Quizzed further about his choice of anime and manga, Fabrice lists titles including Girls and Panzer, Bakuman and the story of astronaut wannabes Uchuu Kyoudai as his favorites, with the latter being a title that has recently spawned a highly successful live action feature film.

Like many anime fans living outside of Japan, quirky traveller Fabrice bemoans that lack of official sources and distribution points in his home country, and is often frustrated that many titles are sometimes edited or have entire scenes removed. Thankfully, thanks to the existence of websites like anime and otaku haven Crunchyroll, he and like-minded people can watch an enormous array of videos online and engage in chat and discussions via the site’s vast number of forums.

There’s no news yet regarding the next geographical location the pair have their sights set on, but we’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on Fabrice’s incredible honeymoon adventures from now on and be sure to bring you news as soon as it comes in. In the meantime, any animé fans out there should definitgely pay Fabrice’s homepage a visit and check out some of the other locations that he and Holo have visited.
Anyone else willing to try this out?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 09:05   Link #1185
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Here is an interesting article about Holo and her companion's trip.

Anyone else willing to try this out?
Well, I would, but I would be afraid she would get damaged on the trip.
Also, gf might get jealous if I didn't bring her along too.
Old 2014-05-21, 07:05   Link #1186
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

I finally finished the anime series. It took me 3 years, until I decided to start novels actually. One thing bothers me about this adaptation, they did not make the 4th volume, and this is one of my favorites.

Despite this it has allowed us to see Eve, and they did something really great with her. Excellent character, and end with the confession of Lawrence in Holo was the perfect time to stop.

I will continue reading of the novels.
Old 2016-02-08, 07:33   Link #1187
ukulelembo
Detective

New Spice and Wolf serialization has been confirmed!
https://twitter.com/otakomu/status/696597324890411009
In sequel with Holo jr. we can hope!
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 05:53   Link #1188
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Woo! Surprising but yet great news!!

Hopefully this will reinspire more interest in more anime!
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 10:26   Link #1189
s07195
However,

I literally found this out this morning from my friend and jumped for joy! More Spice and Wolf? I missed this series! Though the author's post-S&W series is pretty good as well (though it solidified my belief he has a kemonomimi fetish ).

Looking forward to more from these two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
New Spice and Wolf serialization has been confirmed!
https://twitter.com/otakomu/status/696597324890411009
In sequel with Holo jr. we can hope!
Where did this picture come from? I need it, I DEMAND IT.
The only picture of Holo Jr. I know is from the last picture in the artbook.
Old 2018-07-17, 09:23   Link #1190
s07195
However,

It's been a year since I've been on Animesuki, and I've come to bring good news!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/16...spice-wolf-vr/

A VR anime is coming!! With the original VA pair!!
Even the author got fed up at there being no Season 3!!

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen