1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-23, 09:52   Link #101
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Hughes was a well liked character, who actually learned something and went down fighting. Kinue proved she was all talk and attitude, without an actual spine or even a brain.
yet they both ended in deep sh*t
their situation are similar they both picked up the trail, went as far as they could before getting caught. beside you cant compare a trained soldier to a reporter, at least give her that

at the end of the preview i cant see if the background behind saji is the one of a intensive care unit hospital or just the one of the local coroner room :/
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 09:53   Link #102
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
I'm just telling it like it is. It's not my fault they didn't really use her character, showed her to be particularly thoughtful or prepared, and then had her put down without a fight.
But your not telling it like it is. Your just being a troll.

But anyway...I do find it funny that people were talking about there not being things like tanks and artillery in 00 so far....yet I'm sure I saw some tank like vehicles being deployed with the Tierens in this episode.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:03   Link #103
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
yet they both ended in deep sh*t
their situation are similar they both picked up the trail, went as far as they could before getting caught. beside you cant compare a trained soldier to a reporter, at least give her that
I would have at least expected a woman in her profession to carry mace, but yes, they did both get offed while pursuing something. I'm not sure if Kinue actually found anything out before the end, except for what Ali told her.

Quote:
But your not telling it like it is. Your just being a troll.
You've personally admitted to hating me. The feeling isn't mutual.

Quote:
But anyway...I do find it funny that people were talking about there not being things like tanks and artillery in 00 so far....yet I'm sure I saw some tank like vehicles being deployed with the Tierens in this episode.
I believe it's the first time we've seen tanks.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:07   Link #104
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
I would have at least expected a woman in her profession to carry mace
Oh yeah, that would do wonders against a trained mercenary and terrorist

Quote:
You've personally admitted to hating me. The feeling isn't mutual.
Your point? Your an annoying little troll. Why should I like you?

Quote:
I believe it's the first time we've seen tanks.
Somewhat. During some of opening shots in the first episodes where we see the main MS for each side, there's a pic of Tierens lined up with a bunch of tanks.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:12   Link #105
Sciel
Etoilé

After this episode i firmly believe Saji will have some major role in season 2 . Its too much of a coincidence that so many things are happening to him (Terrorist attack , Louise loses her arm , sister dies) . My guess is he'll turn out to be an antagonist of sorts and change sides half way through season 2.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:14   Link #106
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Oh yeah, that would do wonders against a trained mercenary and terrorist
Who happened to be driving a car at the time. Not the best position to be defending yourself.

The point was she didn't have anything on her, when logically she should have. It either means Kinue wasn't smart enough to be prepared or the production doesn't care about little details like that. One way or another, it's just sloppy.

Quote:
Your point? Your an annoying little troll. Why should I like you?
Why should you hate me? I'm more of a court jester than a troll if you asked me.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:16   Link #107
Smithj

Nice episode. Good to see that when given the right stuff, everyone else can compete against the Gundams. Plus its about time Patrick wins at something

The event concerning Saji's sister didn't provoke much feeling out of me. Gut feeling tells me she was just there to give Saji character development and act as a potential catalyst (perhaps the right thing to turn Saji into a GUNDAM ).
Smithj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:19   Link #108
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Who happened to be driving a car at the time. Not the best position to be defending yourself.

The point was she didn't have anything on her, when logically she should have. It either means Kinue wasn't smart enough to be prepared or the production doesn't care about little details like that. One way or another, it's just sloppy.
yes, and have him possibly crash the car on a speeding highway, which could kill her anyway. Yeah, that would be smart

Quote:
Why should you hate me? I'm more of a court jester than a troll if you asked me.
Why should I hate you? Because you do nothing but go round bashing 00 using baseless claims. I think you just do it to piss people off to be honest.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:19   Link #109
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
After this episode i firmly believe Saji will have some major role in season 2 . Its too much of a coincidence that so many things are happening to him (Terrorist attack , Louise loses her arm , sister dies) . My guess is he'll turn out to be an antagonist of sorts and change sides half way through season 2.
Chances of Saji getting into an MS at some stage: 20%
(Possible only because of potential timeskip. And even then it isn't possible for him to be any good at it.)

Chances of Saji becoming an antagonist of any worth: 1%
(Next to impossible unless the production team is on drugs. This is episode 20. by now, anyone who can become important HAS become important. He isn't even top of his class and hadn't built a piece of impressive machinery; no hinted talent = no chance.)
Quote:
You are forgetting which country she's from; it is next to IMPOSSIBLE for a civilian like her to get a gun as a Japanese. Self defense just isn't encouraged; recently some Otaku in Japan had been carrying knives, because they had become favorite targets of robbers. Instead of trying to arrest those robbers, the police arrested the Otaku instead for arming themselves.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:20   Link #110
Wesley84

Her surviving would have interesting consenquences, considering how Ali seemed to spill his guts to her. In fact, I want that to happen. I want her to wake up in the hospital next week with Saji standing over her. I want Ali to have made a huge error in judgement.

Please, let it be so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
yes, and have him possibly crash the car on a speeding highway, which could kill her anyway. Yeah, that would be smart
Never claimed it was a perfect plan. Better than going out like a lamb.

Quote:
Why should I hate you? Because you do nothing but go round bashing 00 using baseless claims. I think you just do it to piss people off to be honest.
They're not baseless and I don't try to piss people off.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:23   Link #111
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Chances of Saji getting into an MS at some stage: 20%
(Possible only because of potential timeskip. And even then it isn't possible for him to be any good at it.)

Chances of Saji becoming an antagonist of any worth: 1%
(Next to impossible unless the production team is on drugs. This is episode 20. by now, anyone who can become important HAS become important. He isn't even top of his class and hadn't built a piece of impressive machinery; no hinted talent = no chance.)
He hasn't been shown to pilot a mobile suit yet either. And judging from Gundam history, random engineering students who stumble upon mobile suit cockpits have had plenty of successes.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:24   Link #112
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Again 00 does not disappoint, it just keep getting better and better. First thing that I would like to do is praise Soma and Sergei for owning the Trinites, and seems like that Kinue will die, I wonder how this might affect Saji. And well so Corner and Ribbons found Veda, and did anyone thought that room was just way to fancy?
Old 2008-02-23, 10:24   Link #113
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi`Joichiro View Post
Wait so is Liu Mei a traitor?
she claims she is netural. she also claim she hated the world so much that she would destroy it if there is no change.

So apparently laguna harvey is responible for the 30 GN Drives, and ali-al was the one who delievered them to antartica. So laguna is probably the guy who the trinitys report to, and he is probably the one who sent the team that got evil haro 80 years ago. Now i m wondering, is he part of CB?!
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:29   Link #114
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
He hasn't been shown to pilot a mobile suit yet either. And judging from Gundam history, random engineering students who stumble upon mobile suit cockpits have had plenty of successes.
Such students in the past have one of two traits; being the top of the class or built something impressive as a school project.

Saji did neither.

Don't forget, the entire student group Kira belonged to in SEED were engineers. But he and Athrun were the only ones who ended up as pilots. In your own argument, Sai Argyle should be an ace; but he crashed the MS in his only attempt.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:32   Link #115
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Such students in the past have one of two traits; being the top of the class or built something impressive as a school project.

Saji did neither.

Don't forget, the entire student group Kira belonged to in SEED were engineers. But he and Athrun were the only ones who ended up as pilots. In your own argument, Sai Argyle should be an ace; but he crashed the MS in his only attempt.
sai is a normal human (blah forgot the group name, naturals?!), and kira is a coordinator, and back then there is no OS for normal pilots, so thats why
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:40   Link #116
Galerian

Patrick....an MS pilot with a healthy social life

I hate to say it, but: HE BE DOOMED!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:43   Link #117
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
sai is a normal human (blah forgot the group name, naturals?!), and kira is a coordinator, and back then there is no OS for normal pilots, so thats why
Quite frankly, if Saji could become a pilot of worth within the allocated timeframe, it would be an insult to all the aces of the series. People like Graham and Sergei spent years honing their craft, there is no way a kid who isn't even remotely talented in ANYTHING could be on their level even after a timeskip.

And as it was repeatedly pointed out, Japan in 00 still doesn't have an army. They are still stuck with the JSDF. A weapon powered by GN drive would be classified as an offensive weapon and not be permitted.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:44   Link #118
gathershot

Whow, things are still moving with a nice pace.

The 3 allies managed to build a MS for their newly aquired GN drives very quickly and so did their pilots in piloting them. It's pretty amazing.

Ali is also pretty amazing at being everywhere he shouldn't be. I hope that kinue will manage to survive that encounter. To many witness got killed already and having her sister badly wounded may be enough for Saji dev'. that rate of bad luck is just unbelievable. I Agree with Vallen Chaos Valiant, 00's got enought Aces and having saji doing a shonenish transformation doesnt fit with the show tone and its authors style imo.

I wonder how far CB went, technologically speaking. VEDA seems so much more advanced than anything seen in that AD era. well, I guess it's what happens when you deprive earth from some of the most brillant scientists and keep them working for 200 years
gathershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:44   Link #119
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I think there's 3 factions within Celestial Being. One is the Ptolemaios group, doing the armed interventions. Another one is Lagna Harvey, who somehow gets the GN Drive and creates the Thrones and handling the GN-X to the 3 factions, probably to gain more profit. The last one is Alejandro Corner, using Ribbons to gain access to Veda.

Episode 20 is a good episode. The world is united and it's exactly Celestial Being plan. But I don't think they know the 3 powers are going to gain 30 GN Drive powered MS. Looks like the situation is grim for them.

I still don't know why Ali decides to kill Kinue. Maybe to gain some favors from Lagna. Kinue's death is pretty sad, and destroying Saji's life further. But she's really stupid though, getting into a stranger's car and asking very sensitive stuffs. Well, rest in peace anyway.

GN-X is definitely on par with the Gundams (maybe a bit weaker due to mass production), and the Thrones are officially useless. Can't wait to see the next episode where they go against the Gundam Meisters. And looking forward to see GN-Arms soon!

Wong Ryumin worries me. I think maybe she will team up with Alejandro to destroy Earth in the next season. Speaking of Alejandro, he gains access to Veda itself, wonder what he will do to it...

Now, towards to the final battle!!!
Old 2008-02-23, 10:45   Link #120
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Quite frankly, if Saji could become a pilot of worth within the allocated timeframe, it would be an insult to all the aces of the series. People like Graham and Sergei spent years honing their craft, there is no way a kid who isn't even remotely talented in ANYTHING could be on their level even after a timeskip.

And as it was repeatedly pointed out, Japan in 00 still doesn't have an army. They are still stuck with the JSDF. A weapon powered by GN drive would be classified as an offensive weapon and not be permitted.
Don't forget Patrick, the guy who has never lost any battles...in simulations that is.

Man those GN-X's look both evil but cool at the same time.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote